Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation is back!

I just got two reps today, one positive and one negative. I was wondering for a while since when does Serebii Forums got reps XD

I remember seeing the reputation being used on another forum. I knew the people so I jokingly had my reputation set to under -9000 reputation points for lulz. And in my personified title, it had it's over -9000. Ah good days. Now I need to work my way down somehow, but how... :P

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

I guess I'm kind of confused about the concept (as I was when Reputation was first implemented). Are we supposed to "punish" people if we happen to not agree with their posts?
    Alpha SapphireL

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireL View Post
    I guess I'm kind of confused about the concept (as I was when Reputation was first implemented). Are we supposed to "punish" people if we happen to not agree with their posts?
    Nah, think of it as a way to either thank the person for posting something useful or being helpful, or to give negative rep with a reason why this post was either trolling or plain rude. It can sort of function as telling who is helpful and who isn't, sometimes.

Credit to MagicMochi for jolteon/leafeon banner.

I just got a thing pop up which said "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to x again" the person I tried to give rep to I gave him rep 6 reps ago. How many do you have to send before you can rep the same person again?

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

Quote Originally Posted by 0danmaster0 View Post
    I just got a thing pop up which said "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to x again" the person I tried to give rep to I gave him rep 6 reps ago. How many do you have to send before you can rep the same person again?
    It's all in the first post. You need to give 40 other reps before you can rep the same person again, and I believe it also said you can only give 20 per day?

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    It's all in the first post. You need to give 40 other reps before you can rep the same person again, and I believe it also said you can only give 20 per day?
    oh yeah it is in the op. thanks for that lol

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

Just a quick question: How will turning off the rep display affect how you can give or receive rep, if at all? Should doing that entirely disable the rep system for the user's account, or is it just a matter of aesthetics?

I'm asking this because I turned it off a couple days ago, but I am still able to both give and receive rep of either kind.
    Last edited by Cosmic Fury; 27th August 2013 at 8:56 PM.
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

Is it possible to decline a positive rep that is given?
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Is it possible to decline a positive rep that is given?
    No, you can't decline or accept anything.

It's handed to you, period.

Wether you like it or not.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Fury View Post
    Just a quick question: How will turning off the rep display affect how you can give or receive rep, if at all? Should doing that entirely disable the rep system for the user's account, or is it just a matter of aesthetics?

I'm asking this because I turned it off a couple days ago, but I am still able to both give and receive rep of either kind.
    all it does is hide your rep from other users. so they can't see how many squares you have or what the message is. you can still give and receive rep. there is a rep-banned group, but you only get put in that group if you severely abuse the system.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I see. Thanks for the help!
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    all it does is hide your rep from other users. so they can't see how many squares you have or what the message is.
    Does this mean that, if I had chosen to leave rep on, anyone could go and look at the messages I have recieved, both positive and negative?
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    Does this mean that, if I had chosen to leave rep on, anyone could go and look at the messages I have recieved, both positive and negative?
    I'm pretty sure she means the mouse-over text when placed on the square. The "____ is on the road to Viridian City" "_____ can go either way" message which gives a basic indicator of how much reputation points a user has. When it's gray all it says is the user's username.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    Does this mean that, if I had chosen to leave rep on, anyone could go and look at the messages I have received, both positive and negative?
    no a person can not see your negative or positive rep only you or mods can see it...like myrrh said im pretty sure ellie means your rep message hovering over your box on your profile when you put your mouse on it...

yes i meant the mouse-over text. sorry for being unclear. the only people who can see the messages that you get with each rep are you and the staff. regular members can't see that.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Too much like reddit imo
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Shouldn't there be an option to disable rep if it's going to be a permanent fixture?

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Why does the message box thank you for neg reping someone?
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by Valaraúkar View Post
    Shouldn't there be an option to disable rep if it's going to be a permanent fixture?
    Admins can disable rep for certain users, however this currently only considered if the user is abusing the system.

You can Disable your "Rep bar" but not the ability to receive or send it.

Mind you some of this stuff is related to VB limitations and we may not beable to change options to how we'd like. (A popular example is the avatar order system. It's the only option is random.)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulMuse View Post
    Why does the message box thank you for neg reping someone?
    That message is built in to VB. I don't think the Admin can change it without hacking.

Plus When I give Neg Rep.. (which I've not yet, outside "Test Test Test!").. I usually explain why I gave it. Sometimes I also type a message when give good rep.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    That message is built in to VB. I don't think the Admin can change it without hacking.

Plus When I give Neg Rep.. (which I've not yet, outside "Test Test Test!").. I usually explain why I gave it. Sometimes I also type a message when give good rep.
    Okay, I was just kinda curious. And I try and do that same.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

According to the notifications thingy at the top right of the forum, I got a new Reputation thing, but when I went to the CP, it didn't show me anything new, except that my total reputation points is now 1 less than it should be. Would you be able to offer an explanation perhaps?

According to the notifications thingy at the top right of the forum, I got a new Reputation thing, but when I went to the CP, it didn't show me anything new, except that my total reputation points is now 1 less than it should be. Would you be able to offer an explanation perhaps?
    Somebody gave you a negative reputation point. If you go to http://www.serebiiforums.com/usercp.php, you should be able to view all reputation points that you have given and received, along with the message that came with them. I'm not sure of the maximum number of headings, but I have 4: (in order from top to bottom) Subscribed threads with new posts, Latest infractions received, Latest reputation received, Latest reputation given. If you do not see any of those headings for reasons other than those I am about to list, I am unsure of what the problem is and you will need to contact a staff member. Subscribed threads with new posts: I believe this will always be there. Latest infractions received: If you have never received an infraction. Latest reputation received: If you have not received or lost any reputation points. Latest reputation given: If you have not given or deducted any reputation points.

Quote Originally Posted by epicdrill View Post
    Somebody gave you a negative reputation point. If you go to http://www.serebiiforums.com/usercp.php, you should be able to view all reputation points that you have given and received, along with the message that came with them. I'm not sure of the maximum number of headings, but I have 4: (in order from top to bottom) Subscribed threads with new posts, Latest infractions received, Latest reputation received, Latest reputation given. If you do not see any of those headings for reasons other than those I am about to list, I am unsure of what the problem is and you will need to contact a staff member. Subscribed threads with new posts: I believe this will always be there. Latest infractions received: If you have never received an infraction. Latest reputation received: If you have not received or lost any reputation points. Latest reputation given: If you have not given or deducted any reputation points.
    I mean I went there originally, and I saw everything you've described. In my "Reputation Received" there are currently 6 green ones, and one red one (that I can see). If I started at 10 that means I should be at 15 total, but it's currently displaying that I only have 14 total, which shouldn't be the case. There was a notification that I had received a new Reputation Received, but in the CP there's no new one that I've received since the 26th, so it doesn't make sense to me why I should have 14, or where this missing one went.

I mean I went there originally, and I saw everything you've described. In my "Reputation Received" there are currently 6 green ones, and one red one (that I can see). If I started at 10 that means I should be at 15 total, but it's currently displaying that I only have 14 total, which shouldn't be the case. There was a notification that I had received a new Reputation Received, but in the CP there's no new one that I've received since the 26th, so it doesn't make sense to me why I should have 14, or where this missing one went.
    As memory serves, a few pages back someone (Ellie?), was talking about how if you get a certain amount of rep (I think a hundred), whenever you rep someone else, it will add or subtract two points as opposed to one. That would me the only idea I can come up with. If that system is even in plac.e I don't know.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast