Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation is back!

Well, that was unexpected.
    I only have one comment back from 2005. I know who it was from but I don't like it being anonymous.
    Though I don't expect to get much rep anyway^^

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

If I turn off my rep counter (which I want to do) can other people still see my rep? I specifically made a post in my guild that I guess other guild leaders thought was controversial and I'm pretty sad that I already have 2 negative reputations on one post... in one day. ;~;

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

The reputation bar will turn white and that's all they will see. They won't be able to tell how much rep you have by that.

Button by WereDragn
    ORAS News
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

If you turn off rep will you stop getting notifications about it?

EDIT

Tested it and you do get notifications when it's off.

Is there anyway so you can't get any as I just got like 10.
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 11th August 2013 at 10:22 PM.

The reputation bar will turn white and that's all they will see. They won't be able to tell how much rep you have by that.
    Just making sure- No one knows my rep, nor do I? Cause thats what I want lol

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Will you be able to report a negative rep change? Because lets be honest, people will think of bs reasons to neg rep someone simply because they dont like them. And that power seems easily abused. Maybe implement a way to check to see the comments of a rep change(if it isnt already implemented), sorta like a pm?

Klaus is right. Without any check from Mods/Admins, people can easily neg-rep every post of a person, or team up to neg-rep a specific post.

Interesting, hope this works out.

Now if only Social Groups can come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rairyan View Post
    If you turn off rep will you stop getting notifications about it?

EDIT

Tested it and you do get notifications when it's off.

Is there anyway so you can't get any as I just got like 10.
    There's no way to do that, as far as I'm aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    Just making sure- No one knows my rep, nor do I? Cause thats what I want lol
    People won't know your rep if you disabled the ability to show off your rep. You, however, will still be able to see the rep people give you by looking at "Settings."

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus™ View Post
    Will you be able to report a negative rep change? Because lets be honest, people will think of bs reasons to neg rep someone simply because they dont like them. And that power seems easily abused. Maybe implement a way to check to see the comments of a rep change(if it isnt already implemented), sorta like a pm?
    The reasons to report possible rep abuse are listed in the first post. If someone reports a legitimate neg rep, then the person doing the report could be infracted for making false reports.

Klaus is right. Without any check from Mods/Admins, people can easily neg-rep every post of a person, or team up to neg-rep a specific post.
    Again, the first post should cover all of this.
    [23:47] <kesha> PENNSATUCKY PLEASE CURE ME OF THESE UNCLEAN THOUGHTS

pm me any reports/questions that you may have
    (it may take a couple of days for me to respond, though)

I read the first post twice, and I am very confused as to how it works, could someone please explain it to me? I am having trouble understanding how it works.

I get how you Approve/Dissaprove a post, but what does it do to that person exactly?

-

It does nothing to them except change their reputation points. Basically, if you like or enjoy someone's post, then you "Like" their post, in a sense, so you give them a positive rep. And if you want to give a neg rep, let's use a person who breaks rules like double posting or being off topic, you can give them a negative rep and leave a comment saying why you left it. The comments are completely anonymous, and only admins can see the comments you leave or people leave you.

Ahh sweet so it's like Narutoforums rep system.

If someone were to rep you, they'd have to rep 40 other people before the could neg-rep you again. I don't know about other people, but I wouldn't go through that much work just because I don't like somebody.

As someone who is new to the site I think this is great innovation. It add legitimacy to the community and allows newcomers to establish who/where the upstanding citizens of the site are. Moreover, I think the checks put in place for countering neg reping are great, considering they have yet to be strenously tested. (To my knowledge)

Great call, Serebii Staff.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 3311-4853-5551

Currently Offering DWF
    Currently Seeking all DWFs not listed above/Any UT DW Starters

Feel free to message me for trades/battles. I'm always down

I'm a little bit confused...
    Is the reputation system to show or to approve your agreement with someone/something said by someone ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

in a way, yes. if you like something that someone did or said, you can give them positive rep. if you don't like it, you can give them negative rep as long as it's not flaming or trolling the person. some things you could give neg reps for would be breaking the rules, making unhelpful/rude posts, etc.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    in a way, yes. if you like something that someone did or said, you can give them positive rep. if you don't like it, you can give them negative rep as long as it's not flaming or trolling the person. some things you could give neg reps for would be breaking the rules, making unhelpful/rude posts, etc.
    It reminds me the liking option on Facebook, eheh.
    Thanks for the explanation!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

This is pretty nice. I'm somewhat new, but this really is something to like. Hey, you can give good feedback to anyone! :3
    , the god of glitches

We thought you guys would like it. Let'a just hope it doesn't get abused again.

The reason it didn't work in the first place was because of abuse, right?

Still...

I don't think that repping 40 separate users in between repping the same person is really the best solution. A 20 rep middle ground would be ok, because there are more posts I would like to add positive rep than negative rep anyway. I don't know that I have even seen 40 separate users. :l

Ellie wants to see how the 40 posts thing works out first, if it needs adjusting, then she'll take care of it. For now, we're still in the testing period.

Ah yea this is awesome. I miss rep being on lol
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Speaking as a mod elsewhere on the Internet, this is a mistake. But hopefully I'm wrong!

I'm running an ASB Member of the Month thread!
    Stay tuned to the TO and make the ASB a better place!

If this becomes a permanent feature in the future, will we be able to see who gave positive rep? I don't think any hurt feelings will come from that. Or is it all or nothing.

Well this is certainly different. I suppose it's too early to decide whether I like it or not.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast