Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reputation is back!

This is new to me, but it sounds cool! I'm gonna be sure to use this a lot.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Yes, it will, although idk what those messages end up being myself. Along that same theme at any rate.
    pretty much everything else is just the same as the default messages. boring. maybe something for us to fix? :P

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I received this reputation 5 mins ago, with the message:

"This league is exacktly the same as pokegyms"

What kind of argument is that. So what do you guys want me to do? Delete the Wifi league thread or something?

Visit my Secret Base and let me know if you enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    I received this reputation 5 mins ago, with the message:

"This league is exacktly the same as pokegyms"

What kind of argument is that. So what do you guys want me to do? Delete the Wifi league thread or something?
    no that doesn't mean that you have to delete your league, which someone just stated there opinion that it like the pokegyms...when someone gives you a rep they need to provide a reason why which that one must of been negative...

Okay, so every random guy could do this, omg Serebii is just asking for trollers to be trolling.

Anyway, That answers 1.

What about the point system? Why do I get 9 points?

Okay, so every random guy could do this, omg Serebii is just asking for trollers to be trolling.

Anyway, That answers 1.

Well, the OP says that everyone starts at 10 points, and it goes up/down when people decide to approve or disapprove of the message. If you think that reason isn't good enough, you could always contact one of the higher-ups like Ellie and see what they think.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram

Anyway, That answers 1.

yeah but i heard that they can get infracted if it isn't a really good reason correct me wrong mods if im wrong...since someone gave you a negative feeback you have 9 now we all start at 10 reps i have have 13 right now...im not sure if you can gain that one back though that is a question i need to ask lol

Ah, oke. I think I get this new hype thingy.

Serebii does a great job giving trollers and spammers a huge favor here with this system!
    Think I'll just set this little hype thing of.

Thanks Fairy for answering .
    Last edited by Azulart; 12th August 2013 at 9:14 PM.

Serebii does a great job giving trollers and spammers and huge favor here with this system!
    It is a bit silly. I got negative reps for "being biased" and "being wrong" in a debate forum, which is where I frequent the most. I don't really care, I expected this, honestly, but where do people draw the line for adequate reasoning? When is a rep valid compared to arbitrary if a person doesn't like you, regardless of what you said?

This system might turn out ok, but I can see it easily becoming a platform for trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post
    It is a bit silly. I got negative reps for "being biased" and "being wrong" in a debate forum, which is where I frequent the most. I don't really care, I expected this, honestly, but where do people draw the line for adequate reasoning? When is a rep valid compared to arbitrary if a person doesn't like you, regardless of what you said?

This system might turn out ok, but I can see it easily becoming a platform for trolls.
    that is what mods are for if its a stupid rep they can get infracted you know? you report them if you think its stupid...

please do not complain about specific reputations you have received in public. it says right in the first post that is against the rules. if you think someone is abusing the system then pm a staff member who can take care of it.

also, not all negative reputations are trolling/flaming. trolling/flaming are not tolerated, nor is negative rep just because you don't like the person, but the point of the system is so people can give opinions on posts. i am not commenting on any of the reps mentioned in this thread, but it can also be feedback to help improve if people don't like the posts you are making.

EDIT: also now all staff should be able to edit reputation comments, so if you do have a problem with abuse, send your report to a mod of the section where you received the rep.
    Last edited by Ellie; 12th August 2013 at 9:41 PM.

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    please do not complain about specific reputations you have received in public. it says right in the first post that is against the rules. if you think someone is abusing the system then pm a staff member who can take care of it.

also, not all negative reputations are trolling/flaming. trolling/flaming are not tolerated, nor is negative rep just because you don't like the person, but the point of the system is so people can give opinions on posts. i am not commenting on any of the reps mentioned in this thread, but it can also be feedback to help improve if people don't like the posts you are making.

EDIT: also now all staff should be able to edit reputation comments, so if you do have a problem with abuse, send your report to a mod of the section where you received the rep.
    Opinions are fine, but not every opinion is justified.

With this new system you will get either Love or Hate, which I assume is the fun behind the picture?
    There not will be an balance however, as I think the majority are young poeple on this forum who don't take everything as serious..

So your creating more Hate than love in this forum. And for what? a little bit of love for some people? I know alot of people can be really easy be demotivated, especially when it comes down to: " Rate my pokemon team ". What do you think happends if they get comments like "Disapprove - you suck in this game". It can create alot of sadness towards insecure people.

Summerized, it will create more Hate than love.

Anyway, I am just an mere Serebii member so I have no say in anything you mods come up with it.
    But since your asking for opinion here, you get it.
    Last edited by Azulart; 12th August 2013 at 10:22 PM.

I got negged for calling Gaga's new single hodgepodge, which is my honest opinion, which I am entitled to by the Constitution of the USA.

This rep system empowers trolls.

When and if a Democratic vote happens, I vote NO on proposition Reputation.

actually, as someone who can see every rep comment left, there have been FAR more positive reps left than negative ones. i would say it's at least 10:1 poz:neg, if not more than that. the point of the system is for members to give feedback on someone's posts. if you don't want your rep displayed you can turn it off and then no one will see your rep and you don't have to give any to anyone.;

actually, as someone who can see every rep comment left, there have been FAR more positive reps left than negative ones. i would say it's at least 10:1 poz:neg, if not more than that. the point of the system is for members to give feedback on someone's posts. if you don't want your rep displayed you can turn it off and then no one will see your rep and you don't have to give any to anyone.;
    Thank you for solving my problems. I shall indeed turn it off and not up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post

Sounds like the comment I got almost word for word.

I'd prefer that if someone didn't like the post I made, that they address it in that specific thread. I dislike anonomyous and general complaints. Give me something specific to discuss in that thread.

I don't see this rep thing as being useful.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Could we leave our name if we want to? I won't go giving positive rep to everyone, but I find it hard to know who to thank when they give me rep.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Also on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

Also on Steam! Username: chewiehorns (will get link to profile up at some point)

if you want to leave your name you can, just don't turn it into rep trading

Out of curiosity, how many rep points does one bar of reppiness represent? Does it scale unevenly like the post count userbars?

I know this may have been said before but is there a way to see who gave Reputation?

does it not say who sent the reputation?

EDIT
    apparently alot of people asked almost the same question

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many rep points does one bar of reppiness represent? Does it scale unevenly like the post count userbars?
    it's uneven, and we may be slightly changing the numbers for different "ranks" soon since the jumps are kind of weird numbers

Quote Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
    I know this may have been said before but is there a way to see who gave Reputation?
    it says in the first post, only if you are a mod.

It should be publc imo so nobody will use it for bullying.

i agree with kuzronk
    should be visible by the people who receive the reputation

I think it should be visible as well, just saying.

But this is a really nice feature to the site! I like it... :3
    Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there... ~ The Real World by Owl City

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast