Thread: help with fire red team please

Default help with fire red team please

im new to serebii, and i have recently been playing pokeMMO with my cousin and im trying to find a good team to battle him and others in the game with. (no legendary)

My current team so far:
    Dragonair lvl 50 (most moves were learned just to try to make it easier to level up)
    slam
    toxic
    dragon rage
    shockwave

Alakazam lvl 44
    psybeam
    recover
    psychic
    future sight

Gyarados lvl 41
    surf
    hydro pump
    water pulse
    earthquake

Snorlax lvl 39
    snor
    rest
    strength
    body slam

Arcanine lvl 40
    fire blast
    flamethrower
    flame wheel
    bitw

Jolteon lvl 39
    quick attack
    shock wave
    double kick
    thunder

im not too worried about EVs and such atm as i said i just want to have a pretty good setup to battle other people.

thanks
    Last edited by bigice; 12th August 2013 at 8:49 AM.

[QUOTE=bigice;16270973]im new to serebii, and i have recently been playing pokeMMO with my cousin and im trying to find a good team to battle him and others in the game with. (no legendary)

My current team so far:

Dragonair lvl 50 (most moves were learned just to try to make it easier to level up)
    slam
    toxic
    dragon rage
    shockwave
    In 5 levels he will evolve so you wanna have good moves ready for him.. Good move-set is.. Toxic (should of kept Thunderwave), Dragon Claw (powerful STAB move), Flamethrower (helps it's weakness against Ice), and Ice Beam to counter it's weakness to Rock. He's got 100 base Sp. Atk and 130 base attack so all those moves will benefit with him.

Alakazam lvl 44
    psybeam
    recover
    psychic
    future sight
    Good move-set for Alakazam would be Recover (since you can't use items in friend battle), Psyshic, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball. You can get Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball at the Game Corner.

Gyarados lvl 41
    surf
    hydro pump
    water pulse
    earthquake
    His move-set is pretty good because his weakness is Rock and Electric and Earthquake/Surf etc takes care of that.

Snorlax lvl 39
    snor
    rest
    strength
    body slam
    His weakness is Fighting so you want Psychic as a mandatory move, Body Slam is good cause it may paralyze, Brick Break gives him a nice physical move, and Hyper Beam will give you a really powerful move to go with his 100 attack.

Arcanine lvl 40
    fire blast
    flamethrower
    flame wheel
    bitw
    If you got a way to teach him Extremespeed do it, you really need it. Flamethrower is a good keep, Aerial Ace is good with him as well, and Overheat but you must use it wisely.

Jolteon lvl 39
    quick attack
    shock wave
    double kick
    thunder
    Seems how it's got Thunder you may want Rain Dance to go with it so it wont miss, Thunderbolt is a good addition to the move-set, and Iron Tail as a way to fight against Ground types.

im not too worried about EVs and such atm as i said i just want to have a pretty good setup to battle other people.

thanks

With those moves and Pokemon you shouldn't have a problem. I gotta admit, you got a solid team but it needs work.
    Musicians Club:

Check out my music below and click become a fan!

Reverbnation - http://www.reverbnation.com/seraph3?...eader_icon_nav

Moved to Correct Sub-forum.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)