Thread: Need help please.

Default Need help please.

Hi, I am hoping to find out whether or not I have a broken game. I just picked up another fire red version and noticed something. Every time the game starts up, a message comes up saying that the previous game file will be loaded. And it does end up loading the file. I walked around and saved, just to check and test things out, and noticed when I do save there is a point where the game actually freezes (the sound completely goes away) right before the game file has been saved. This "pause" occurs at the point SAVING... DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER. Nevertheless, the game does save but I'm still concerned. Awhile ago I picked up a ruby version and it had a similar issue (the same situation when the game starts and I'm told the previous game file will be loaded, not the pause/freeze in the middle of saving) What happened was that shortly into ruby I turned it on one day and this time it said that the previous game file was deleted. So I am concerned with this fire red version.

If this is permanent or can be fixed, please let me know. And thank you.

Sounds like your game is, at best, damaged and otherwise probably counterfeit. These are not things intact, legitimate games do.

There's no fix either way, really.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

This can't be fixed, sorry.

It's most likely just a really unfortunate glitch- the older games are like this sometimes. I have a really stuffed up Gold file, do I know from experience.

It is possible that the cartridge could be a hack, but it's doubtful...

Quote Originally Posted by Shymain View Post
    It is possible that the cartridge could be a hack, but it's doubtful...
    Uh, no... why is it doubtful, particularly if the OP "just picked it up", as they said?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It isn't exactly doubtful, most of the GBA Pokemon games you will find are in fact counterfeits. Trust me, I have bought a couple without knowing -_- You can tell if it is a hack from the outside though, I will look for the YouTube video that explains that...

Here ya go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkgJFxzf_PU

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead