Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating the Hero's Comet! (798)

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Though, why was Jessie so impressed with James? She herself tossed that statue like it was nothing!
    Plot hole :O Technically, she could have moved that statue all by herself. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Though, why was Jessie so impressed with James? She herself tossed that statue like it was nothing!
    Her female rage hormones need recharging

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    Her female rage hormones need recharging
    When in need of a proper explanation, blame the hormones

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Actualy no, I have another headcanon. That person is actually Sir Aaron himself. Sir Aaron has travelled a lot many regions himself., so he has made a name in almost every region he has been. He had a Pikachu and a Lucario. He was known as the blue dressed hero with Pikachu in Hoenn, he was known as the Aura Guardian in the spiritomb episode in DP where he forgot to shave, and is also the hero we saw now. The woman on the other hand is an ancestor of N and Sir Aaron's waifu, because she had the same blue eyes N has.

Oh man, I just loved the interactions in this episode. The part where Jessie and Iris argue with each other while running was funny. This is the first we have seen Jessie interact with a female since May I think. And Cilan, James reminded me of Brock, James back in the day. Oh and I love the part before this gif where Jessie and Iris boss James and Cilan while they try to move the statue. Then they clap after the two finally managed to move it. Very hilarious.
    Yeah I don't really recall Jessie interacting with Dawn much, however there were of course moments between her Contest alter ego Musalinda(I can't remember what they called her in the dub lol, Jessilinda?) and Dawn.

Nice episode, I loved all the interactions that are mentioned above. My only issue is that there really should've been a battle at the end(preferably Charizard(Or in a perfect world, a Unova reserve) vs Noivern, Ash wanting to test its strength seeing a new brand threat arise) due to there being a freaking Battle field central to the plot.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 16th August 2013 at 6:16 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

To me, Ash and Co and Team Rocket didn't seem as interested in seeing Noivern, a Pokemon they've never seen before. Especially TR, they would be interested in something like that. Plus its voice was meh. Is it me or is it the fact that the VA's over at TPCi not putting in any kind of effort to these Pokemon voices? Hardly none of 'em are as unique as Gen I was.

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    To me, Ash and Co and Team Rocket didn't seem as interested in seeing Noivern, a Pokemon they've never seen before. Especially TR, they would be interested in something like that. Plus its voice was meh. Is it me or is it the fact that the VA's over at TPCi not putting in any kind of effort to these Pokemon voices? Hardly none of 'em are as unique as Gen I was.
    Helioptile and noivern are both pretty generic sounding. I think gogoat's is actually pretty unique though and sounds nice. I do think for sure that 4kids did a much better job with pokemon voices though.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Helioptile and noivern are both pretty generic sounding. I think gogoat's is actually pretty unique though and sounds nice. I do think for sure that 4kids did a much better job with pokemon voices though.
    Gogoat is probably very unique because it's Ishizuka's voice and he really know show to voice Pokemon unlike the rest of dub voices.

And I hoipe that ythe dub has aired the correct opening now because the mess witht he openings is outstanding.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 2nd November 2013 at 4:47 PM.

...You know, I don't care about showing the correct or wrong opening anymore. We got the correct one, but this is nearly the end of the Da! Islands.

Not even pointing out the fact Noivern is a Dragon type to Iris, Alexa? She would be head over heels for it if she knew.

The ending of this episode sounded like perfect cliffhanger material, but alas, a new island is up next.

Good filler for the weekend of Halloween. The lady in there was creepy. I'll say that much. I do wonder if she was the actual ghost of the lady from the past or a ghost Pokémon imitating her like we had with Ghastly in "Ghost of Maiden's Peak." Guess we'll never find out. But it did make the ending of the episode much creepier since we didn't find out who she was.

One issue I have had since DP were episodes like this. It seems they try to push too much into one episode. This could of been a great two parter with the mysterious women being the focus on part 2.

This episode made me hate Iris even more due to calling Ash a kid when she freaked out 15 seconds prior....

Good ghost episode. I thought Noivern was really cute.

The perfect episode for the week of Halloween, funny how that managed to happen, so glad this will be our final month of DA, hope after the official last episode we jump right into XY

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl0102 View Post
    The perfect episode for the week of Halloween, funny how that managed to happen, so glad this will be our final month of DA, hope after the official last episode we jump right into XY
    That won't be the case. It was already revealed that CN is projecting an airdate of 2014 for Pokémon The Series: XY.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    That won't be the case. It was already revealed that CN is projecting an airdate of 2014 for Pokémon The Series: XY.
    That was projected for the UK, it was never revealed for the US

I found this filler to be really boring. I had assumed that because Ghost-types were appearing in this one, it would be entertaining or at least mildly spooky but it was so generic. The only highlights for me were Team Rocket's Ghost Pokemon disguises and how Ash and the others didn't notice them when they first arrived at their chamber; how could they not see them? It's not like they were hidden all that well. Anyway, I also liked Alexa's Noivern's debut, but the whole legend of the ruins thing felt so cliche; we've heard stories like that a million times already. I wish this episode had been more fun. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Actualy no, I have another headcanon. That person is actually Sir Aaron himself. Sir Aaron has travelled a lot many regions himself., so he has made a name in almost every region he has been. He had a Pikachu and a Lucario. He was known as the blue dressed hero with Pikachu in Hoenn, he was known as the Aura Guardian in the spiritomb episode in DP where he forgot to shave, and is also the hero we saw now. The woman on the other hand is an ancestor of N and Sir Aaron's waifu, because she had the same blue eyes N has.
    Which woman are you talking about who is a ancestor to N.And it would be strange and cool that in some how in what way that Ash is a connection to these two people.The man that had a Pikachu and a Lucario would be a connection to Ash's past from his father's side of the family.I'm mean hey I heard from what Alexa said in the book that the hero has travel to many different regions same thing happening to Ash and his father is still traveling to more different regions.Like father like son.
    And one thing also hit me is that Ash's father could be from a different region where he was born from where he hasn't meet Ash's mother Delia yet.I really don't know what region could he be from, but I have a feeling that would happen some where during in the 7th Gen of Pokemon where Ash will be going to his 7th region.
    And one more thing the hero who has a Pikachu in the episode "A Different Kind of Misty" would be the same Pikachu that would been sent to the future happens to be Ash's Pikachu.Like if a Celebi brought Pikachu into the future.
    And one last thing I like to see Ash get a Lucario in the 7th generation.

Fine episode, but a good one to line up with the end of Halloween. Noivern is pretty cool. It was funny when Meowth ate one of those spicy berries, lol. Also a bit funny when the gang had to split up for a bit. I wonder if that Conley Comet will show up again in 2023...

A good episode. It was a proper adventure where the gang explores an ancient story. I really liked seeing the ghost type pokemon and their characteristic cheekiness. Also, the debut of Noivern was nice but I did want to see more of it and maybe learn some more about it but I guess they are leaving it to the XY series.

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Was this even a filler when a new pokemon was shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    interesting episode, funny how that statue kinda looks like an older version of Ash.
    ALL the aura guardians an heroes look like him. All the fan speculation about Ash being a descendant of Sir Aaron and/or the other heroes gets annoying.
    My Team

My OTP
    SatoSere

This was an ok episode aside from seeing Noivern for the first time as well as Gengar, Banette, and Dusknoir's return.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I wasn't all that excited for Noivern, since I'm not a huge fan of the Pokemon to begin with. However, I'm not inclined to say he's a bad Pokemon, just didn't find it interesting to see his debut.

The ending got pretty spooky, and built my curiosity, but it's saddening to say that it won't be touched upon. Oh well.

Loved the kind of interaction we got between our main characters. Pretty entertaining, I would say.

I loved this episode. It was great to see Noivern and I loved seeing the ghost Pokemon again.

Default "Celebrating The Hero's Comet!"

This was the perfect episode for the weekend of Halloween, I liked how this episode was focused on Ghost-type Pokémon and the Conley Comet. The legend behind the Conley comet and the setup for the ending with the mysterious woman Anima was interesting. Anima was kind of creepy, she reminded me of the Gastly who was imitating as a beautiful woman in "Ghost of Maiden's Peak".

It's funny how Conley actually looked like an older version of Ash, but nobody mentioned it. I honestly thought they'd make this episodes plot similar to "The Keystone Pops", but this episode turned out to be different from that episode.

It's cool to see Alexa's Noivern for the first time in the anime. I liked Noivern's dub voice, it's suitable for the Dragon-type Pokémon in my opinion. I am surprised that Iris wasn't excited after seeing new Dragon-type Pokémon, but I was fine with it since she annoyed me by calling Ash a kid. Geez, this episode made me hate Iris for her calling Ash a kid, when she herself got scared fifteen seconds prior. Team Rocket was annoying as always, I didn't care for them in episode.

The part with Ash and the others watching the Conley Comet was nice, too bad Alexa lost all the footage she recorded throughout the episode. The ending with the mysterious woman Anime was surprising, but we didn't even get to know who she was? I think it'd be better the writers made another episode explaining the mystery behind Anima, but sadly they didn't do that. This could've been a great two-parter if they did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmd View Post
    I found this filler to be really boring.

This is not a filler episode because Alexa is revealed to have a Noivern !
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 5th January 2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode had some great Team Rocket dialogue. Comedic with a supernatural twist makes it stand out from the rest of the DA! episodes. My favourite exchange was between JJ and Iris/Cilan when they were escaping the ghosts.

Jessie: Respect your elders!
    Iris: What does that even mean?
    Jessie: You're a kid!
    Iris: YOU'RE A KID!
    Cilan: Can we do this another time?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast