Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 1047

Thread: October 2nd: "Pocket Monsters The Origin" - TV Special based on Red/Green

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    I wonder where people are getting that this will be more mature.

    It will air in the same timeslot as regular Pokémon anime, so ... it's not really that likely. XD


  2. #477
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I wonder where people are getting that this will be more mature.

    It will air in the same timeslot as regular Pokémon anime, so ... it's not really that likely. XD
    I disagree, sort of. Well in regards to USA broadcasting channels.

    Different days at the same time have different shows.

    And the content of that show may influence the audience who watches it.

    I mean we have maybe something at 7 PM on Wednesday which might push the boundaries of what's allowed, but the previous day or the following day, it was good hearted show that even some intolerant religious people might be okay with watching or strict parental supervision would be okay with.

    It just depends, I guess, and since this special is airing on Wednesday, I'm thinking it could have different guidelines. Besides Naruto which follows Pokemon on Thursday is far more mature than Pokemon is, so.....

    Again not sure, it is Japan we're talking about, I don't understand what most content is like.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 18th August 2013 at 9:27 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So uh, does anyone find the scene with Red and Charizard circling each other really strange? Charizard seems to be glowing in a rainbow aura and red is holding something. Could Charizard be mega-evolving and red is holding the mega stone? It would explain how this special is supposed to promote X and Y.
    yeah ,i noticed Red holding a shiny object in his hand could it be a megastone?
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I have got to say i am very excited about this..it looks to be a very interesting take on Pokemon Red and Green..i just hope that Misty appears


    Hey guys..i am just walking around.

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I have got to say i am very excited about this..it looks to be a very interesting take on Pokemon Red and Green..i just hope that Misty appears
    You, me and a good number of Misty fans hope she appears.

    I have the confetti, party hats and all ready

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I have got to say i am very excited about this..it looks to be a very interesting take on Pokemon Red and Green..i just hope that Misty appears
    Misty and reds relationship was that of gym leader and challenger. Nothing more.

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    viridian city
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Is it set on the manga comics or fire red leaf green?

    Because people are saying it is set on the manga but all the characters outfits are the outfits from fire red and leaf green
    DARK TYPE TEAM

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkUmbreon View Post
    Is it set on the manga comics or fire red leaf green?

    Because people are saying it is set on the manga but all the characters outfits are the outfits from fire red and leaf green
    It's based on the games I believe.

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    viridian city
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    It's based on the games I believe.
    Hopefully it's based on the games


    And I wonder if it will be the same voice actors as the current anime
    And hopefully it is a more mature series for the people who have grown up with Pokemon
    DARK TYPE TEAM

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    If the special goes on beyond battling Brock and keeps following the plot of the games, the next gym would be Misty’s oMG Queen in her HGSS outfit.

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    viridian city
    Posts
    195

    Default

    One off episode or new series?
    DARK TYPE TEAM

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    If the special goes on beyond battling Brock and keeps following the plot of the games, the next gym would be Misty’s oMG Queen in her HGSS outfit.
    That's exactly what I'm hoping for. It's going to slay if she appears. (^.^)

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    To be honest, it's gotten way worse now that Red is being in this new anime special. :/


    To be honest, I'm pretty certain our actual anime writers are not in charge of this special. And what's even sadder is the fact that writing doesn't have anything to do with this special. People are going to like this merely for the fact they perceive Red as an amazing trainer and because they are very nostalgic for gen 1. You're right that I should ignore some comments, but not when they come in the way of me being able to enjoy current anime. :/

    Also, I don't think writers put all their attention to this - this is a collaboration and has little actual writing involved, it's all animation of various game scenes.
    Worse? Nah it's always been like this. Older fans who don't care about anything anymore complaining about things they don't understand.

    As for Red, it's nostalgia for Gen I and II. Since that's when you battled him and he was regarded as the best. It's not unreasonable for Red to be a Pokémon icon considering he was the star of the first set of games, the final boss in the sequels, and still makes cameos in HG/SS/BW2.

    There's still writing involved even if it's just animation. There's still a story going on and it can still suck if not done correctly




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    viridian city
    Posts
    195

    Default

    image.jpgMega charizard? End of the trailer
    DARK TYPE TEAM

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkUmbreon View Post
    image.jpgMega charizard? End of the trailer
    Personally, to me, it looks more like one of those over dramatic anime moments.
    It's possible but considering that this is directly based on the very first games, I doubt it.


    Also, on the subject, of whether it will be a mini-series (Looks like it to me) Keep in mind, that was the plan for the Legend of Korra but, that kinda turned into a full series.
    Last edited by ninijatt; 18th August 2013 at 11:14 PM.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninijatt View Post
    Personally, to me, it looks more like one of those over dramatic anime moments.
    It's possible but considering that this is directly based on the very first games, I doubt it.


    Also, on the subject, of whether it will be a mini-series (Looks like it to me) Keep in mind, that was the plan for the Legend of Korra but, that kinda turned into a full series.
    Well the Legend of Korra is a bit different. Pokémon Origins doesn't take place in the future of the Pokémon anime or even the same universe. Why have two Pokémon anime series going on at the same time? It'd be a waste of money if one was more "mature"(and I hate when people use that word concerning movies, videogames, and other media) and then the current anime series which everyone would consider "kiddy". It'd be better to have one anime series that every audience can enjoy, which unfortunately has been lacking a bit the past couple years.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  17. #492
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    If the special goes on beyond battling Brock and keeps following the plot of the games, the next gym would be Misty’s oMG Queen in her HGSS outfit.
    This is assuming that there's enough time for them to showcase more than one Gym Leader, which I find unlikely. I love Misty but honestly seeing her in this special wouldn't be satisfying to me personally because it would be a different Misty. I wish this special was canon but it's something completely different that doesn't tie in to the main anime. Oh well.

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    How can this be canon? The Brock and Prof. oak in this aren't the same as the anime versions, let alone Red and Green not being Ash and Gary.

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It's the writers fault for putting so much care into something as small as this while
    Except we don't know that they put any effort at all into this special yet, because it hasn't aired. People just assume that it's the highest of top quality because it's animated Pokemon that's not the main anime, or because it's based oh-so-preciously-directly off the games (never mind that the Kanto games had cruddy plot and writing), or whatever.


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Worse? Nah it's always been like this. Older fans who don't care about anything anymore complaining about things they don't understand.

    As for Red, it's nostalgia for Gen I and II. Since that's when you battled him and he was regarded as the best. It's not unreasonable for Red to be a Pokémon icon considering he was the star of the first set of games, the final boss in the sequels, and still makes cameos in HG/SS/BW2.

    There's still writing involved even if it's just animation. There's still a story going on and it can still suck if not done correctly
    i'm an older fan, and i'm not watching this for the nostalgia feeling that some (or most) older fans are. to me it's a refresher because it's something completely different, with different characters that are in a completely different world (or story if you must) from Ash's. they could have started out with the Hoenn game protagonists or the Diamond and Pearl, and i would still watch it because it's nice to have something that is not canon to the 'main pokemon anime' for a change.


    ~ Excalibuuuuuur, Excalibuuuuur, from the United King, i'm looking for her, i'm going to Californiaaa~

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Edit@Kira/Charmed: There's always time for a Gym leader montage

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Janovy's post comes from the fact that people are posting "I am looking forward for Origins" in the XY anime youtube video. I mean come on, we have been waiting for a trailer for ages and it IS annoying when you see a comment like that in a 17 seconds video that we have waited for ages. So yes, his anger is justified. But of course posting in this thread could be considered wrong because he's essentially doing the same thing the youtube commenter did.

    Look, you can like Origins as much as you want, you can also argue how better it is, or how great Red is compared to Ash (and I will still laugh at those posts), but don't do that on the XY anime threads and videos is what he wants to say.

    Nextly, where did he talk about genwunners? His post was never meant for Genwunners or whatever name they are slapped with. So don't make misinterpretations and create redundant arguments, which is what will happen because the next person will obviously not read the posts before yours and automatically assume some kind of attack on genwunners is going on and the circle of arguments begin. He was talking about people who hate the anime in general.

    I think it's for the best to rest this case. Because those who dislike the anime and want to enjoy Origins will obviously be annoyed by these arguments. Let's put the hate to a minimum, okay? Instead, let's enjoy what Origins has to offer.
    First off, I don't know what the first two paragraphs are about, I just made an objective analysis. I'm not argueing how better it is! Why does Janovy feel the need to come into this thread and do exactly the same, and why do you feel the need to defend borderline bashing? I know what he tried to do, so that's why I gave him an objective response to "I just can't understand", so he can stop looking down on people who might like this special more, and are therefore discussing it in here in peace.

    The third paragraph isn't creating a redundant argument. In his post, he refers to a certain group of fans that "have been wanting this", as"'they". Therefore grouping a certain group of fans, primarily as a group that apparently, in his opinion, are obsessed with the original games. Just see the following post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    To be honest, it's gotten way worse now that Red is being in this new anime special. :/

    To be honest, I'm pretty certain our actual anime writers are not in charge of this special. And what's even sadder is the fact that writing doesn't have anything to do with this special. People are going to like this merely for the fact they perceive Red as an amazing trainer and because they are very nostalgic for gen 1. You're right that I should ignore some comments, but not when they come in the way of me being able to enjoy current anime. :/
    Notice how he states 'People' at first, which is ambiguous. Then he narrows it down to a group 'they'. Then he further narrows it down that this group is 'very nostalgic for gen 1'. He doesn't say Genwunners, but he's quite obviously referring to them, and trying to lump in anybody who might like this special more then the upcoming animé series.

    I analyzed why some might like the special more, regardless of being nostalgic, but you apparently took that as me trying to defend genwunners, but that's not what I did. I just defended myself, because I like both, and Janovy came into this thread implying that everybody liking it more then the new series is a genwunner. Again, implying, because didn't outright say it, but it was pretty darn obvious.

    So don't defend Janovy, he brought the trash-talking into this thread, which is uncalled for, and should've kept it on Youtube and to himself. Or at least the appropriate thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    You aren't wrong. It says this about Red: "And, he has a fierce fight with Team Rocket Boss Giovanni, and after that an unknown Pokémon awaits him." Team Rocket and the Pokémon Tower are mentioned in another line: "The confrontation with the evil organization Team Rocket, who are going to take over the Pokémon Tower."
    Giovanni owns a Kangaskhan. That is another trademark list-pokemon likely to appear in The Origins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    I can't WAIT for this to air, I've watched the trailer maybe 7 times XD I love the idea and I love how it looks, though, Green is a girl so really that rival should should be named Blue... Well, anyway, I can't wait and it looks so good and wow
    Yeah, according to Maxim, this is apparently my problem, so I'll explain. Green is the name of the character you call Blue, and he's definitely a boy. In short, PUSA changed the names to fit their releases. In Japan, it all started with Pokemon Red and Green versions as the first two titles, and hence the first two main characters were called Red and Green (Oak). This is their origin story. In America, and the rest of the world, Red and Blue were the first two titles, so Green's name (the boy rival character, Oak's grandson), was changed to Blue for international releases - to match the game pair.

    It doesn't change the fact that this guy will be called Green in this special. If it gets dubbed, then we can start talking about calling him Blue, but I doubt it is necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Is it just me, or does anybody else get the feeling of "Studio Ghibli" when they see the animation for this origin special.
    I had.

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Except we don't know that they put any effort at all into this special yet, because it hasn't aired. People just assume that it's the highest of top quality because it's animated Pokemon that's not the main anime, or because it's based oh-so-preciously-directly off the games (never mind that the Kanto games had cruddy plot and writing), or whatever.
    Or perhaps a more subtle combination of reasons. For example brevity? Different, thus interesting, and short enough to rewatch and re-enjoy.

    Yes, Gen1 had cruddy plot, and cruddy writing, with an evil organization trying to use every possible source of pokemon manipulation at the time to try and seize power, to get money.
    - Power of the moon?
    - Power of dead pokemon?
    - Power of gambling addiction?
    - Power of technology?
    - Power of the masses?
    - Johto added Radiowave hypnosis! :P

    And for gods sake, the first gen wasn't about the plot. It was about being free/immersed in establishing your team mates in any desired way and having many options for the time in that day and age. Especially on a handheld system. And don't forget that the first gen already told us that (mis)using pokemon is morally wrong. So, N wasn't really that revolutionary in the first place.
    Last edited by Locormus; 19th August 2013 at 2:26 AM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomon View Post
    i'm an older fan, and i'm not watching this for the nostalgia feeling that some (or most) older fans are. to me it's a refresher because it's something completely different, with different characters that are in a completely different world (or story if you must) from Ash's. they could have started out with the Hoenn game protagonists or the Diamond and Pearl, and i would still watch it because it's nice to have something that is not canon to the 'main pokemon anime' for a change.
    My mistake, I wasn't saying all older fans are like that, but I was referring to older ex-fans who do not care about Pokémon anymore.

    I completely agree with Locormus. Especially about the part with Gen I's story. Way too many people have no idea how to properly compare something like older things with new things. It's extremely unfair to compare them as they are, you also have to remember the time frame it was from and try to understand the past




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  23. #498
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,970

    Default

    After seeing the actual trailer in a decent quality, the animation isn't so bad. The battle between Red and Blue looks good, but since the whole thing won't last long, I won't care too much.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Red's team speculation:
    Charizard
    Nidoking
    Pikachu/Raichu
    Lapras
    Vileplume
    Aerodactyl(?)

    Green's team speculation:
    Blastoise
    Arcanine
    Pidgeot
    Exeggutor
    Alakazam
    Rhydon

    Basically Green's in game team.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  25. #500
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,100

    Default

    Why are so many people certain that we'll even see Red and Green's full teams? I mean the preview seemed to imply that we won't even get to see their whole battle. I don't think we'll get a Gym Leader montage either. Forgive me for being cynical, but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment, so I'll keep my expectations extremely low.

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •