Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons Thread

Default The Simpsons Thread

Surprised I haven't seen one yet, so thought I'd start one.
    My personal opinion is that it is getting too repetitive, and the old episodes are better.

however, it has created some memorable characters like Homer and Burns, contributing to TV quite a bit. You can definitely see the influence in Midern Family and Family Guy.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

It's still okay, which is impressive after being on the air so long. To expect it to be the same after so long is kind of silly. Though I heard a rumor that it could be ending soon, which I'm kind of thankful for. The Simpsons deserves a nice send-off, so I hope that if and when it does end they do a really good last episode that ties up some loose ends the show left behind. After all, it did change the animation industry quite dramatically.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Well for a show that has been around for over 20 years and where character development only happens slowly and where story lines almost always stay to one episode and whatever happens is forgotten the next episode it will get repetitive. It doesn't make it horrible but boring after a while. Some of the newer seasons have been better from the episodes I seen and they do seem to try and push themselves a little with keeping changes in one episode for the rest of the series or trying to make something interesting. Yeah the midpoint seasons were not that good but the newer seasons are much better and some do have potential to fit in with the old Simpsons episodes. I would wish people who hate on the Simpsons for the excuse that it's boring watch some of the newer ones. They might just surprise them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmareisalive View Post
    I would wish people who hate on the Simpsons for the excuse that it's boring watch some of the newer ones. They might just surprise them.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I've watched the newest episodes, the latest being the one Seth MacFarlane guest starred on. I still say the show has become boring and repetitive. "The Simpsons" has a few good episodes a season, and on occasion can even still get a great one that hearkens back to what the show used to be in its best days (I'm thinking about that future-themed Christmas episode), but most of the time it just feels bland and forgettable.

I agree, the Simpsons are turning a bit more stale but they've been around for years, it'd be hard to see it go, and the only episode worth watching us the future one where its a cross over with family guy so the Simpsons have to be doing something right to stay on so far.

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

^ Don't forget the crossover with Furtrama!

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    ^ Don't forget the crossover with Furtrama!
    I forgit about that lol thank you and With all these crossovers it makes me think that the Simpsons might be drawing to a close and they want to go out with a bang or its that they want more ratings lol

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

i like the simpsons and i agree that some of the old ones are better. I have not seen nearly even half of them, but i have some good ones. I love all the characters and think that matt groening has done a really good job. Can't wait to see more of it.
    Weavile Rules!!! Can't wait for ORAS!!!

Sharminzy FC: 2406 - 6498 - 3691
    Poison: Gloom, Garbodor, and Drapion
    Shiny Hunting for Trevenant

Quote Originally Posted by charizardfan View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I've watched the newest episodes, the latest being the one Seth MacFarlane guest starred on. I still say the show has become boring and repetitive. "The Simpsons" has a few good episodes a season, and on occasion can even still get a great one that hearkens back to what the show used to be in its best days (I'm thinking about that future-themed Christmas episode), but most of the time it just feels bland and forgettable.
    I do agree with your points though as you said some newer ones are good or great but there are people who completely call the old ones the best ones without actually watching any new ones and critising them for not being as good.

I'm not sure The Simpsons is coming to an end. It is way to successful to just stop. They could do something different like have everyone age 5 years and stick with it for a full season. People would be interested in that and old fans would watch it just to see what it's like. It will also give them a chance to add more stories to their collection and maybe try something original.

I love The Simpsons, but I have to agree, it isn't as good as it used to be Season 7 & 8 were the best IMHO, although I do like 3 and 4 too!
    Too much water guys!

The old episodes were a lot better and some new ones are fine, they are all much better than the movie ever was though lol and hopefully when the next season comes around they will be a bit more funnier than they have been so far IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    I love The Simpsons, but I have to agree, it isn't as good as it used to be Season 7 & 8 were the best IMHO, although I do like 3 and 4 too!
    Season 8 has some of my favorite episodes ("Homer's Enemy", "The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show", "Homer Phobia", "Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment") but I'd put Season 6 as my absolute favorite. In fact, Seasons 4-6 represent the show at its absolute height for me.

I loved that episode lol homers enemy was the most favorite one it had me laughing non stop lol true funny from classic Simpson episodes.

I have to admit, I've never really liked the Simpsons. More of a Seth MacFarlane fan, like Family Guy and American Dad. But I can respect the Simpsons for being around so long. It was like one of the first of its kind.
    I love my Umbreon!

Pokemon: White Version 2- Start date: 8/17/2013

Current Unova Team:
    1) "Boo Boo" the Dewott LVL 29 MALE

2) "Riley" the Lucario LVL 29 MALE

3) "Damien" the Growlithe LVL 29 MALE

4) "Patricia" the Lilligant LVL 29 FEMALE

5) "Evan" the Espeon LVL 30 MALE

6) "Lady Dovey" the Pidove LVL 15 FEMALE

Badges: 3

The Simpsons have been on longer which is why they appeal more to older folks, the Seth macfarlane era only really pay attention to family guy and American dad which are great shows but some people have never really enjoyed growing up with the simpsons as the main cartoon.

I always felt that Family Guy was a kind of ripoff of Simpsons.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

I enjoy watching the newer episodes, but I really hate how they feel the need to take another Jab at "Mapple" every few episodes. It was cute the first time they did, but that joke is getting really stale.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I never really thought of Family Guy as a Simpson's rip-off because the families are structured very differently, as are the shows themselves. Plus, Fox really likes family based sitcoms and doesn't seem to greenlight much else in it's comedy series.

That being said, I like the Simpsons much better. The characters are better written and more complex, even if they have been changed over the many years of being on air.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I love The Simpsons and my family and I have watched it since '89 (it came out not long after I was born). I'll be sad to see it go, but (like Seinfeld, The Office, Star Trek, Frasier, and a lot of other shows I like) it will likely be in syndication for a long, long time.

I like the earlier episodes the most and feel like they were funnier (by earlier, I mean 1990s and early 2000s episodes). Ralph, Burns, Nelson, and Cletus are my favorites.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

If I remember correctly family guy did a skit showing where they got the idea from and it wasn't the Simpsons though I can see the comparisons, but I dont agree, I like the newer episodes over some of the old ones, but all of them were better than the movie :-/

In my opinion seasons 1 though 10 are the best. They have clever gags and heartfelt messeges plus there is the "classic" gay steel mill. Everybody dance now!

I dont remember tgat episode Lol I loved the episode of homers enemy where the guy has a problem with him just because he's accomplished alot and didn't really work hard for it lol my favorite all time!

^ here is the scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icIwKaci3MI sorry for bad quality of the video.

Haha, I remember now, that takes me back, in those days they put a little less effort in the show as like they didn't try to hard to make it funny because some episodes now a days aren't and they try to hard,

I sometimes watch this when I have nothing to really do. It's really fun, I enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast