Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Simpsons Thread

The Simpsons is a great show to watch and not only when your bored but its still a great show for anytime watch really, I cantvesitvfirvthe crossover episode with family guy

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

I don't really have time to watch TV these days anyway, otherwise I'd have probably been watching it. Bar the Pokemon anime, the Simpsons is probably the cartoon I watch the most.

Another favorite episode if mine is the one where Bart starts dating the daughter of Cletus lol kind of funny because I think it's the most serious relationship he's had and its with her

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

My favourite episode would have to be "Worst Episode Ever" (everything) and "Bart's Comet" (Kent Brockman's list of gay people). I think it has a couple of seasons left before it finishes up for good. In fact, Matt Groening's other show (Futurama) has just finished, and from what I have heard, it was very emotional (it will air in a couple of weeks on Eleven here in Australia, so go out and buy some tissues).

I remember a reference to the repetitiveness in one episode when Krusty retired and after Marge said something it was a good thing, Smithers ran in and said that Maggie had shot Mr. Burns again. So I have a funny feeling that it will be finishing up soon.
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that the Australian version of I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here would get cancelled within less than a second of starting. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice

I don't think the Simpsons have 3 more years, I'm pretty sure they'll keep going I mean sure futurama ended but it wasn't at the level of the Simpsons fan wise and with such a great following though it was good, so I'm sure they will do their best to keep the show going.

In terms of absolute favorite Simpsons episodes, nothing ever beats "Cape Feare" for me. You have Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes, the "Hello, Mr. Thompson" bit, tons of hilarious lines, and a decent Cape Fear parody. There's a gag every minute in that episode, and not of them doesn't land spectacularly.

I can't remember the title of the episode, but I loved the episode where the family goes to Brazil to see Lisa's pen pal.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I can't remember the title of the episode, but I loved the episode where the family goes to Brazil to see Lisa's pen pal.
    I remember that one my favorite scene was where homer gets that butterfly stuck in his arm and crawls up his brain and then he acts all calmly ignoring it lol

Not a huge Simpsons fan (I mean I'll watch it if its on, but I'm not out there buying loads of merchandise or anything.).

I loved the opening that made the couch the bird thing from Avatar.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Anyone looking forward to the Halloween episode this year? I try to catch them every year, just for the heck of it... I wonder who'll they will be going after this time?
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I've always loved to watch The Simpsons. For some reason I always miss the new episodes because I am watching football or something else on TV, and I forget that they are on. The older episodes are classics. I have one of the Christmas specials on DVD and it never gets old. It's just as funny as it was the first time I watched it.

Huge Simpsons fan.
    Only complaint I have right now is that they are putting too much effort to their couch gags more than the writing for an episode these days...

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMewster View Post
    Huge Simpsons fan.
    Only complaint I have right now is that they are putting too much effort to their couch gags more than the writing for an episode these days...
    Agreed. Saw a recent one where they ended up on David Letterman's show. The episode ended up being ok. But a lot of the other ones just aren't that funny and I end up deleting them from my dvr . So disappointed. I know it's not easy to write good shows for so long, but I wish they were more consistent in their writing again.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

The Simpsons is one of me all time fav shows and I have honestly seen every episode to date and I still find myself laughing at episodes from years ago

and I all ready posted this in the news thread but I think I should post this here because it is Simpsons related news

Marcia Wallace voice actress of Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons has sadly passed away

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/26/ma...ow-dies-at-70/

^ I just read that in the news today. Rest in Peace Marcia Wallace (Mrs Krabappel).

There has been massive debate over an upcoming episode (I think it is "Four Regrettings and a Funeral") in which a character will die. The clue is that a voice actor won an Emmy for his/her role. I know Marcia Wallace won an Emmy for voicing Mrs Krabappel in "Bart the Lover", however, she (Mrs. Krabappel) will be retired as Al Jean mentioned that Mrs. Krabappel won't be the character that will be killed off in an upcoming episode (http://www.snpp.com/news.html#marcia).
    Indigohex is a retired fifty-three star surgeon-general who wishes that the Australian version of I Am A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here would get cancelled within less than a second of starting. The views reflected in the posts above and below this post does not necessarily reflect the views of Serebii.net, its owners or shareholders.

Indigohex: Serebii.net Forums' Voice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12