Psychic
    Psybeam
    Recover

Altaria
    Ice Beam
    Dragonbreath
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Jolteon Rules!!! Can't wait for X and Y!!!

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Name - Sharminzy FC - 2406-6498-3691

Thread moved to correct section.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Is this team meant to be strictly in-game? Or will it also be used in the Frontier? Either way, let's see what you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by mackbama123 View Post
    I would like ratings on this team

Walrein
    Blizzard
    Aurora Beam
    Surf
    Waterfall
    This guy doesn't need two STAB moves for each type. Surf and Ice Beam are enough for STAB. Seeing as Walrein is a bulky Pokemon, Toxic/Protect has some use in the Battle Frontier. If you don't want to go in the Frontier, they aren't worth it, and offensive moves like Body Slam, or even Earthquake/Rock Slide might work. Rock Slide is a Battle Frontier move tutor, so keep that in mind.

Breloom
    Mach Punch
    Sky Uppercut
    Mega Drain
    Stun Spore
    Replace Stun Spore with Spore, since it's 100% accurate. This would require training a Shroomish to level 54, though, so if that's not an option, Stun Spore works. Mach Punch is okay because Breloom is kinda slow, but Sky Uppercut should be replaced with Focus Punch. Odd as it sounds, when you have Spore, Focus Punch is a lot safer of a move to use because the opponent is asleep. If you don't have Spore, though Brick Break or Sky Uppercut will work just fine. Breloom is terrible with Grass move here, since they work off of his awful Special Attack in this gen. But so that you aren't useless against Ghost types, I'd go with Giga Drain. Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb and Rock Slide work too, but I'll leave you to decide from those four moves.

Exploud
    Hyper Beam
    Hyper Voice
    Strength
    Stomp
    This guy is tough to use effectively, but none of those moves are good enough. Return is Exploud's best Normal type move, but the rest depends on the type of role you want for it. If you want physical, use Overheat, since it has good enough Special Attack to make use of it. The drop in Special Attack doesn't matter if it's his only special move. Any two of Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Rock Slide would be suitable for the last two slots.

If you go the special route, still keep Return, but go with Flamethrower/Fire Blast instead of Overheat. Ice Beam and Thunder Punch (Move Tutor) also work fantastically together, so I'd go for that. You have many options for Exploud, so feel free to mix and match as you choose.

Rhydon
    Dig
    Earthquake
    Megahorn
    Rock Blast
    Earthquake and Megahorn are great, and even Rock Blast can stay unless you want Rock Slide for it. If Rhydon has Rock Head as its ability, teach it Double Edge so that it avoids recoil damage. If it has Lightnighrod, you may want to consider Iron Tail, Return or Swords Dance. Double Edge can still stay if it has Lightningrod, but you'll have to keep in mind the recoil.

Alakazam
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Psybeam
    Recover
    Keep Psychic and Recover and get rid of the rest. Weird as it sounds, Shadow Ball is a physical move in this game, so it's useless on Alakazam. Calm Mind can work to boost its stats, but that's more useful in the Battle Frontier. If you decide against Calm Mind, any two of the three punch moves would work, preferably Ice and Thunder Punch. If you only go with one, choose the one that benefits your entire team the most.

Altaria
    Ice Beam
    Dragonbreath
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Rest is actually a good move here, since you can just switch it out and it will wake up because of Natural Heal. But in-game, you have healing items, so that may not be as useful. Dragon Claw can take the place of Dragonbreath, and Ice Beam can be replaced with Flamethrower/Fire Blast. There's nothing wrong with both on an in-game team, though. Fly is useful for simply flying around, and it's not a bad battle move, but if you want to try the Frontier, Sing/Toxic/Rest can work for the last slot.

That's all I've got. Kind of tough to tell if you plan for the Frontier or not, but hopefully this helps!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Is this team meant to be strictly in-game? Or will it also be used in the Frontier? Either way, let's see what you've got.

This guy doesn't need two STAB moves for each type. Surf and Ice Beam are enough for STAB. Seeing as Walrein is a bulky Pokemon, Toxic/Protect has some use in the Battle Frontier. If you don't want to go in the Frontier, they aren't worth it, and offensive moves like Body Slam, or even Earthquake/Rock Slide might work. Rock Slide is a Battle Frontier move tutor, so keep that in mind.
    I have waterfall because it is an HM, but i can teach it earthquake, i cannot teach it ice beam, though, I used that on alt altaria.

Replace Stun Spore with Spore, since it's 100% accurate. This would require training a Shroomish to level 54, though, so if that's not an option, Stun Spore works. Mach Punch is okay because Breloom is kinda slow, but Sky Uppercut should be replaced with Focus Punch. Odd as it sounds, when you have Spore, Focus Punch is a lot safer of a move to use because the opponent is asleep. If you don't have Spore, though Brick Break or Sky Uppercut will work just fine. Breloom is terrible with Grass move here, since they work off of his awful Special Attack in this gen. But so that you aren't useless against Ghost types, I'd go with Giga Drain. Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb and Rock Slide work too, but I'll leave you to decide from those four moves.
    Yeah i hate how there are no physical grass types for him, it is a flaw in the game (among many many others)

This guy is tough to use effectively, but none of those moves are good enough. Return is Exploud's best Normal type move, but the rest depends on the type of role you want for it. If you want physical, use Overheat, since it has good enough Special Attack to make use of it. The drop in Special Attack doesn't matter if it's his only special move. Any two of Earthquake, Shadow Ball, Brick Break and Rock Slide would be suitable for the last two slots.

If you go the special route, still keep Return, but go with Flamethrower/Fire Blast instead of Overheat. Ice Beam and Thunder Punch (Move Tutor) also work fantastically together, so I'd go for that. You have many options for Exploud, so feel free to mix and match as you choose.
    Thanks, i think i will go for the special route and return.

Earthquake and Megahorn are great, and even Rock Blast can stay unless you want Rock Slide for it. If Rhydon has Rock Head as its ability, teach it Double Edge so that it avoids recoil damage. If it has Lightnighrod, you may want to consider Iron Tail, Return or Swords Dance. Double Edge can still stay if it has Lightningrod, but you'll have to keep in mind the recoil.
    He has lightningrod and i think i will get rockslide. Iron tail is a good idea too.

Keep Psychic and Recover and get rid of the rest. Weird as it sounds, Shadow Ball is a physical move in this game, so it's useless on Alakazam. Calm Mind can work to boost its stats, but that's more useful in the Battle Frontier. If you decide against Calm Mind, any two of the three punch moves would work, preferably Ice and Thunder Punch. If you only go with one, choose the one that benefits your entire team the most.
    I think that is stupid how shadow ball is physical... That explains why he died at Liz and Tate's gym. I don't think i will go with the punch moves cuz, i think they are physical moves and his nature is modest.

Quote Originally Posted by mackbama123 View Post
    I have waterfall because it is an HM, but i can teach it earthquake, i cannot teach it ice beam, though, I used that on alt altaria.
    Actually, if you want, you can buy another TM Ice Beam from the Game Corner for 4000 coins. Though that may cost you too much at this time, so I understand.

I think that is stupid how shadow ball is physical... That explains why he died at Liz and Tate's gym. I don't think i will go with the punch moves cuz, i think they are physical moves and his nature is modest.
    Actually, since this is Gen 3, all Fire, Electric and Ice moves are special moves, as weird as it sounds. Those all cost quite a bit of BP each, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Actually, since this is Gen 3, all Fire, Electric and Ice moves are special moves, as weird as it sounds. Those all cost quite a bit of BP each, though.
    Oh yeah, they are the special types... and the physical types like ghost, fighting, steel, all of them are physical? Well, thanks for the info. Sounds good.

My 11 year old brother used to have that team and trained them to 65 at the elite four
    And when he finished the elite 4 in emerald he trained to lv.100 with help by me
    Big Mudkip Fan