Thread: Desert Tomb (An Ubers RMT)

Default Desert Tomb (An Ubers RMT)

Welcome all, to my Ubers RMT! I've been playing Ubers seriously for half a year now, and this is my most successful team by far. Its peak was 1936 on Pokemon Showdown! (yes I know thats not too great) because from there, I got haxed to death (its the truth) and I'm now at the 1880's. Despite the rank, I believe this team is pretty good and better players than me can use it more successfully. In the Ubers metagame, I've tried all Rain, Sun, and Hail, and I didn't really with any of them. The next obvious choice was Sand, and I gave it a shot. It was awesome. I started with CB Tyranitar for its sheer power and the team just sort of built of from there. Oh, and I HAVE NO ARCEUS. I wanted to see if a team that didn't use that specific Pokemon would be viable. Sure, I lacked the sheer power of the God Pokemon, but I made up for it. Funny thing is, I also only have 2 Ubers Pokemon. Hunh.

Teambuilding:

Like I said, I started off with CB TTar. I'm not going to go in-depth here. I'm just going to say it just does so much damage. Like a lot. The weather was a nice bonus, and something I could take advantage of. Therefore, I added Excadrill.

I tried LO Excadrill, but recoil sucked and I would be even more vulnerable to Groudon, which isn't good. I still wanted the mole though, as it functioned as a revenge killer, so I replaced LO with Air Balloon, which worked out nicely.

Now, I needed something that could counter the two big tyrants of Ubers: Groudon and Kyogre. Latias served the role perfectly, with Levitate to dodge those Earthquakes and a monstrously high Special Defense stat to sponge those Water Spouts.

Now, I realized some strong Choiced Dragons would be able to kinda tear my team apart by spamming Draco Meteors. Specially Defensive Gastrodon fills up that hole snugly, and is another neat Kyogre check.

I added Dialga to just add some more overall bulk to my team, and provides STEALTH ROCKKKKK It also counters set-up sweepers pretty well and has a sexy special attack stat to back it up.

Ferrothorn is Ferrothorn. Superb bulk, spikes, yada yada yada.

Now we get to the fun part. The actual team \../

Desert Tomb

Toothless (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - HYPER BEAM Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

This is a very awesome dinosaur. It sets up Sandstorm, and has reasonable bulk thanks to the +1 in Special Defense when his weather is up. CB Adamant Nature Toothless really packs a punch. Stone Edge and Crunch are STABs, killing Mewtwo, the L@ti twins, and just does tons of damage to everyone else. Stealth Rock from Dialga allows Toothless to net even more OHKOs that would be a 2HKO. It also does a huge chunk to Specially Defensive Groudon, which is one of the problems for my team.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 165-195 (40.84 - 48.26%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zekrom: 235-277 (68.71 - 80.99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <-- Zekrom is also pretty dangerous when used correctly

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 300-354 (87.71 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Superpower absolutely destroys Arceus and Ferrothorn:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 350-412 (99.43 - 117.04%) -- 93.75% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Superpower vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Normal: 376-444 (93.3 - 110.17%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Stone Edge is pretty much for coverage, but Pursuit allows it to trap escaping stuff that think they can run. which they cant.

2fast4you (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Rapid Spin

Excadrill is my weather sweeper, and destroys everything if it gets a Swords Dance up and the opponents weather is gone. Which it most likely is, thanks to Latias. Its my main Terrakion check, and also kinda screws the opponent up thanks to Air Balloon. It helps me with Arceus' that run Earthquake, as they will have to break my balloon first before KOing me with their Ground type move. This will allow me to get my SD up before them, and KO with Earthquake.

+2 Ekiller Extremespeed takes out a huge chunk of my health, but I do more. Sorry.

WE FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE MWAHAHAHAHAHA
    +2 252+ Atk Excadrill Earthquake vs. 88 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Normal: 315-372 (78.16 - 92.3%) -- 31.25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Usually however, I never let the Arceus set up without some prior damage (duh) and the Earthquake will usually deal with it. With Life Orb though, I probably will be able to net the OHKO, but it lowers the mole's longevity severely, and it sucks not being able to dodge Ground type moves.

Slug (Gastrodon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Mirror Coat

Gastrodon is the "glue" for my team, absorbing Water Spouts and burning/poisoning everything. It trolls over everything. Recover allows it to heal damage taken, allowing it to troll longer, and Mirror Coat just f**ks everything up lol.

252+ SpA Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 248+ SpD Gastrodon: 252-297 (59.15 - 69.71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <--BOOM THERE GOES KYUREM (gastro also has a 70% chance to survive specs)

252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Psystrike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gastrodon: 331-390 (77.69 - 91.54%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <---tanking that psystrike.

Ogre Smasher (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 124 HP / 188 SAtk / 196 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Roost

Latias is EXTREMELY important for my team. Grass Knot smashes Kyogres and destroys Groudon. We need Grass Knot. Latias can also pretty much survive most Draco Meteors hurled at her. Her own Draco Meteor hurts pretty hard as well with the +1 thanks to Soul Dew. She also takes about 30% from Terrakions CC, which she can easily take thanks to roost. Hidden Power Fire is needed for Ferrothorns roaming around the tier. They really annoy me. Psyshock isnt important anyway as I have Tyranitar and Excadrill to deal with the pink blobs and Tentacruel. Pretty standard Latias here.

Bloodline: Steel (Dialga) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - ROAR OF TIME Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Tail

Standard Dialga with a few tweaks to EVs. Not much to say. Stealth Rock is to stop. those. Ho-oh's. If Ho-oh can switch freely between turns, I pretty much die ;_; so I need Stealth Rock on the opponents side of the field. ROAR OF TIME Draco Meteor is a strong STAB even without any EVs in Special Attack. Fire Blast is to wreck Genesects, Forretresses, Ferros, blah blah blah. Dragon Tail to phaze away and rack up hazard damage and stopping set-up sweepers in their tracks. Dialga also takes around 60% from CS Terrakion, which allows it a healthy portion of health left so it can stick around a bit longer.

Spikes (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Power Whip
    - Spikes
    - Protect

Ferrothorn sucks when faced against, so I just slapped the spike thing on my team as well. EVS are standard, I dunno what to do there so suggestions would be appreciated. Leech Seed is to generally just annoy people and restore health when I need it. Protect also has great synergy as well, healing an average of 24% with the combo. Protect is also to scout the opponents Genesect whether its going to use Flamethrower or U-Turn. It helps a lot. Power Whip > Gyro Ball because the former hits the other weather setters a lot harder, whereas Gyro Ball only deals with a minority and has far less PP.

Sooo thats my team! I'm putting it away for the time being, but I'll still use it occasionally. Rate, Hate, Steal, and all the usual stuff. Thanks for reading guys!
    I ALSO REALIZE I HAVE A HUGE FIGHTING WEAKNESS BUT I ALMOST NEVER HAVE TROUBLE WITH IT.

P.S. Heracross is absolutely deadly to this team. Be wary

Spoiler:- Desert Tomb:
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 19th August 2013 at 2:27 PM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!