Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6th Gen Challenge Ideas

Default 6th Gen Challenge Ideas

i know we still have to wait to play pokemon x/y but we could post challenge ideas ( for example: Nuzlocke, solo run,etc )

please post challenges for the 6th generation pokemon games

i was thinking maybe on day 1 start by doing a Nuzlocke maybe.

How about the usual, plus things like; Wedlockes, Egglocke (Although I dont know what this is)

this thread is for ideas of different challenges to do in the pokemon X & Y games

Maybe a challenge where you could only use pokemon, from, say, the Costal Region? I dunno...
    , the god of glitches

Maybe something where you can get 6 Pokemon for the whole game from route 1 and your starter.
    3DS Friend Code: Nicholas-0130-2106-0329

Looking For

-English Keldeo

Here is an idea... All Generation Challenge

Since there would be six generations of Pokémon as of Pokémon X and Y, how about a challenge where you run through the game with a team consisting of Pokémon from each of the six generations

Example:
    Dragonite- Generation 1
    Ampharos- Generation 2
    Absol- Generation 3
    Gallade- Generation 4
    Chandelure- Generation 5
    Gogoat- Generation 6

Quote Originally Posted by Chandelurefan1 View Post

Since there would be six generations of Pokémon as of Pokémon X and Y, how about a challenge where you run through the game with a team consisting of Pokémon from each of the six generations

Example:
    Dragonite- Generation 1
    Ampharos- Generation 2
    Absol- Generation 3
    Gallade- Generation 4
    Chandelure- Generation 5
    Gogoat- Generation 6
    That would actually be really neat. I'd play that.

Maybe a JobLocke? Basically, you'd pretend you had a certain kind of occupation, and would have a bane and a boon based on that. Example- if you were a chef, your bane could be that you could only catch Pokemon that can hold berries in the wild, but your boon could be that you can revive Pokemon with a Revival Herb when the die (but you'd probably need something else- maybe you have to release a boxed Pokemon when you do it?).
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Is this thread... Approved?

Anyway, how aout a Dex Challenge?

Where you can only use Pokémon from a certain partof the Dex?

Eg. Mountain Kalos, no. 1-50, etc.

^What I meant.

What about a GiftLocke, where you can use only Gift Pokémon, including your starter? I've seen someone do it with SS before.
    , the god of glitches

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Surge View Post
    ^What I meant.

What about a GiftLocke, where you can use only Gift Pokémon, including your starter? I've seen someone do it with SS before.
    Oh, sorry :P

Oh, Giftlockes are rather fun to do, IMO, so that would be great to have here.

Uh, Statlocke?
    Where the Pok'emon you use must all have one specific Stat better than the rest (eg, Magcargo, Steelix, Dusknoir, Defense, etc.)
    I did this and it was quite fun.

Ah, I don't really care~ I wasn't being very specific.

Statlocke sounds cool.
    , the god of glitches

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac
    Anyway, how aout a Dex Challenge? Where you can only use Pokémon from a certain partof the Dex? Eg. Mountain Kalos, no. 1-50, etc.
    So… Dexlocke, or DistrictLocke (the three regional districts)?

How about a Dual type challenge?
    Only Pokémon of the two types chosen by the user may be used.
    I'll be doing a Dual-type challenge. Types will be Water & Fairy
    Pokémon allowed: All monotyped Water types and monotyped Fairy types, and Marill and Azumarill (both Water/Fairy)

If there is a Pokémon with a type combo with those two types, it may be used.
    However, if one picks Steel & Bug
    They can't use Scizor because it must start as a Bug/Flying. They can, however, use Pineco because it is Mono Bug and evolves into Bug/Steel.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Gym leader challenge:
    Before going to beat the gym leader of the town your pokemon must not be higher leveled than the gym leaders highest pokemon (Unless there is a gym leader that randomly has a pokemon that is higher leveled than the gym leader after that)
    Only use the pokemon the gym leader has. If they have double of that pokemon you can too.
    Have the same moveset
    Change your team to the next gym leader of the town when you battle them
    At the elite four choose any of there teams or team flares teams OR even some pokemon you used before but the level limit it still ON. Yup, a bummer
    Seeing X and Y have many pokemon and a new type this would be awesome. A bit like a character challenge but changing pokemon and only gym leaders. In Kalos region there is alot of pokemon, old faces in new places but also new Kalos pokemon. This would probably be best in X and Y.

Fire only team? Since you're able to get 3 starters (including the Game Stop event Torchic), you could limit yourself to only using fire types, since you'll already have Torchic, Fennekin, and Charmander.
    You can only use basic Pokemon. No Pokemon that are able to evolve.
    You can only use Pokemon that have the letter X or Y in their name? :s

I had an idea for an extremely hard challenge. the wondertrader challenge. you can only use the first 6 pokemon you get from wonder trading excluding repeats. so you would catch a few pokemon then immediately trade them for something random. chances are you will get 6 random early game commons. one mercy rule I think would be good would be that you can have 10 wonder trades total and you can pick any 6 pokemon from them. and to make it harder. any pokemon you receive higher than lvl 20 you must wait until you face a gym leader with a pokemon of higher lvl before you can use it. if you receive a pokemon of higher lvl then the last gym leader you cannot use it even for the elite four
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Since there is so much variety, a Scramble Challenge x 2 would be good. You have to raise 12 pokemon and defeat the elite 4 twice with them. Use 6 of your scramble pokemon the first time fighting the elite 4, and then the other 6 during the second time, but you have to keep them all around the same level throughout the game.
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    Fire only team? Since you're able to get 3 starters (including the Game Stop event Torchic), you could limit yourself to only using fire types, since you'll already have Torchic, Fennekin, and Charmander.
    You can only use basic Pokemon. No Pokemon that are able to evolve.
    You can only use Pokemon that have the letter X or Y in their name? :s
    If we drop the letter clause and basic-mon clause then it's perfect. Having a Fire/Flying, Fire/Fighting, and Fire/Psychic would be really easy, and that's what I'm doing right now on my Y version.

So could a normal 6th gen Scramble, Nuzlocke, Monotype challenge thread be posted?
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

What about a challenge where no items can be used? Nothing, no potions or anything. It just came from the top of my head.

Or a challenge where you can only use a first-rate Rattatta.
    I'm awesome

maybe a ''now you will''-challenge?

where there is a special topic for it. You would start like this:

member 1: I have just resetted pokemon X. Now I will....
    member 2: Walk a hundred steps
    member 1: Done! Now I will....
    member 3: save 10 times
    member 1: Done! Now I will

of course the same member could give more rules, or harder restrictions, such as switch to your Y game and make 100 froakie eggs

of course you could also deny some hard things, but do not deny that many. preferably choose 1 not per 10 options or something
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

a wonder locke, its a nuzlocke but you wonder trade the pokemon caught on each route whatever you get from wonder trade is the pokemon from that route you get to use
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Chandelurefan1 View Post

Example:
    Dragonite- Generation 1
    Ampharos- Generation 2
    Absol- Generation 3
    Gallade- Generation 4
    Chandelure- Generation 5
    Gogoat- Generation 6

ONE MILLION BILLION COOKIES TO YOU!!!

You could make it work in 3rd gen by having two of each, in 4th gen by having two of two gens of your choice, and so on.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

This isn't my idea but found it to be interesting - especially for those who've watched Avatar: The Last Airbender - and plan on doing it soon, whether for ORAS or whenever I restart HeartGold.
    http://funnyman2416.deviantart.com/a...Mode-337506937

Spoiler:- The XY Version by the same guy:

I'm currently playing a run through on my Pokémon X game with a challenge I used in Heartgold. The rules are you can only battle the gym leader's with two pokemon and every gym you must use a different two pokemon. so by the end you will have defeated the gyms with 16 different pokemon. I caught all my pokemon in-game with only trading to evolve pokemon. Then once you get to the E4 you randomly pick 6 pokemon(I just drew their names out of a hat) and try to defeat the E4. If you fail you pick a new 6 pokemon and go again. It took me about 10 tries to beat E4 in Heartgold but then it was a lot harder to grind 16 pokemon in HG then in XY.
    3DS FC 0877-2062-2004
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Kecleon, Chansey

How about an altered perceptions challange where you get both versions of the game and do both play throughts at the same time. After every route or major play mark you switch versions getting to the same point. At the end you have the two teams battle each other and see which one is stronger.

What about an ash run. Could be quite challenging. You start with a Pikachu and can only catch the regional bird (Pidgey, Fletchling, etc) before the first gym, then after the first gym get a starter, after the 2nd gym the next starter and after the third you get the final starter.

You can't evolve Pikachu, and must fully evolve one starter, keep one at it's second stage and one in its first stage. Pikachu must be used in every gym battle and when you can, you should use the same type (Or a type weak to) the gyms type.

You can't EV train or use tms, hms are allowed though.
    - Yea Mr White, Dragons b***h!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast