Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1155

Thread: March 27: BWSP2 - Iris VS Clair! The Road to Dragon Master!!

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    But seriously, I HOPE THAT GIBLE BELONGS TO IRIS. I think she beats Clair and then gets Gible as her prize. And then when she returns for her XY cameo, she'll have Axew, Gabite, and Dragonite. PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!

    I'm in TEARS RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    That actually seems rather plausible, especially assuming that the events there are presented in chronological order. We see Iris battling Clair and then a clip of her happily running at a sunset(it's always the evening after gym battles for some reason lol). I hope the Gible is a prize from Clair. Ash giving Gible to Iris would sure be a beautiful ending to their journey together but.....I don't want Ash to lose his feaking Gible. xD
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    I wouldn't have minded Ash giving Gible to Iris if it weren't for the fact that we waited ages for him to catch a dragon

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Gible being a prize would be awful imo. If a character is to receive a new Pokémon, the thing I think is the most crucial is bonding between the two. If Gible would just end up being a prize, there would probably be no bonding whatsoever (like the scenario with Dawn receiving Togekiss, 'cause even though Togekiss wasn't a prize it was just handed to her without her and Togekiss bonding at all), though that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by FierceIris; 22nd August 2013 at 4:56 PM.


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,990

    Default

    ^not necessarly, if I recall correctly in Black2 and White2, Alder's Grandson gave you a shiny Gible or Dratini depending on the version you were playing, maybe that's what's being represented by her getting one?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^not necessarly, if I recall correctly in Black2 and White2, Alder's Grandson gave you a shiny Gible or Dratini depending on the version you were playing, maybe that's what's being represented by her getting one?
    What does that have to do with anything I just said?


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    Gible being a prize would be awful imo. If a character is to receive a new Pokémon, the thing I think is the most crucial is bonding between the two. If Gible would just end up being a prize, there would probably be no bonding whatsoever (like the scenario with Dawn receiving Togekiss, 'cause even though Togekiss wasn't a prized it was just handed to her without her and Togekiss bonding at all), though that's just my opinion.
    Depends how its handled. It could be befeiends gible and later Iris and Clair battle and afterwards Clair says she's impressed with iris and asks her to train it.

    If she has to get a gible (which I really hold she doesn't) lets at least hope she does a better job with it then she did axew.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Depends how its handled. It could be befeiends gible and later Iris and Clair battle and afterwards Clair says she's impressed with iris and asks her to train it.
    I'm not quite sure I'm following you...? ''It'' could befriend Gible? Do you mean that Iris could befriend Gible beforehand and then receive it from Clair? If that's the case, then absolutey.

    If she has to get a gible (which I really hold she doesn't) lets at least hope she does a better job with it then she did axew.
    How can she if this is her last episode?


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    How can she if this is her last episode?
    Well, if she returns in Kalos, like all the main female companions returned in the next region, we could maybe see how much it grown. Like how Ash discovered Dawn's Cyndaquil evolved.
    I wouldn't be surprise if she was returning with a Gabite.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Well, if she returns in Kalos, like all the main female companions returned in the next region, we could maybe see how much it grown. Like how Ash discovered Dawn's Cyndaquil evolved.
    I wouldn't be surprise if she was returning with a Gabite.
    That doesn't mean that we'd get to see its actual development. We might she that it is strong or has evolved, yes, though we wouldn't get to see it onscreen, thus wouldn't be able to actually determine if it had been handled better than Axew or not.


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    That doesn't mean that we'd get to see its actual development. We might she that it is strong or has evolved, yes, though we wouldn't get to see it onscreen, thus wouldn't be able to actually determine if it had been handled better than Axew or not.
    If it was evolving and had a couple of awesome moves, that would already make it better than Axew, lol.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 22nd August 2013 at 5:11 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    If it was evolving that would already make it better than Axew, lol.
    Doesn't mean that she would do a better job with it as it for all we know could've received some complete BS evolution, though that's something we probably won't get an answer to.


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    What does that have to do with anything I just said?
    Really?

    Your previous post did NOT mention Gible as a gift, which is what AlmightyZard mentioned.
    =======================

    No Pepsi Plunge, I won't freak out until the episode airs and she is running off with Ash's Gible, then I will be pissed and blow a cork.

    Right now, it's just an assumption, because well both Gible are male and have a notch in their fin.

    I really hope it's just a lab episode, and Gible ran away and Iris is just returning Gible to Ash.

    But regardless: HEY we get to see all of Ash's Unova Pokemon.

    And look at that look on Ash's face, like fear or shock, hoping from some kind of evolution.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Really?

    Your previous post did NOT mention Gible as a gift, which is what AlmightyZard mentioned.
    And I still don't get it?

    Gift, prize or whatever, what I'm saying is that I wouldn't like it if it was just given to Iris without there being any interaction between them.


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    And I still don't get it?

    Gift, prize or whatever, what I'm saying is that I wouldn't like it if it was just given to Iris without there being any interaction between them.
    I just don't get your response.

    It's not like you mentioned the Eiffel Tower, and AlmightyZard was talking about the Pyramids of Egypt or something.

    In the games when you beat Benga (Alder's Grandson), depending on the version you either get a Shiny Gible OR a Shiny Dratini.

    What AlmightyZard is saying is that maybe it's similar to what's going on with Clair. Iris beats Clair, and then receives a Gible for doing so good in the battle. I disagree with the process of thinking but who knows.

    I don't know what the Gible is about at all.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    The writers need to give ash some love. Ever since BW2 started wth the exception of krookodile its been an Iris glorification train.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I just don't get your response.
    Right back at you.

    In the games when you beat Benga (Alder's Grandson), depending on the version you either get a Shiny Gible OR a Shiny Dratini.
    I'm very well aware of that, and I'm aware of that he hinted at that, however, he also said ''not necessarily'', which I didn't get. It's not like I denied the fact that Gible might be a prize/gift, all I said is how I'd dislike the idea of it.

    What AlmightyZard is saying is that maybe it's similar to what's going on with Clair. Iris beats Clair, and then receives a Gible for doing so good in the battle. I disagree with the process of thinking but who knows.
    And how does that have anything to do with my statement of disliking Pokémon that are merely given to trainers without there being actual bonding between them? That's what my post was all about. I was not questioning anything, I was merely stating my opinion of how I think there would be no bonding between Iris and Gible if that indeed would end up being the case.


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,662

    Default

    It's obvious, Ash will give Iris Gible, they'll become lovers temporarily but Iris will realize she likes Claire more and run after her. See clip of her running with Gible in the sunset.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In your trash can
    Posts
    238

    Default

    It's probably another Gible, considering BW141 is not a lab episode.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FierceIris View Post
    Right back at you.
    Again, you didn't mention the Eiffel Tower and Zard wasn't talking about Pyramids.[/quote]


    And how does that have anything to do with my statement of disliking Pokémon that are merely given to trainers without there being actual bonding between them? That's what my post was all about. I was not questioning anything, I was merely stating my opinion of how I think there would be no bonding between Iris and Gible if that indeed would end up being the case.
    Well to be fair it's possible Zard wasn't posting to you even though there are matching words.

    It's possible he wrote it and then as he wrote it other people posted post (including yours).

    It could a response to the general thought of "It doesn't make sense for Iris to be given Gible" well no it does make sense because there is a Gible gifting event in the games, so its not out of the realm of possibility.

    Secondly, I would rather have some Pokemon just be given or caught by the trainer and then work with said Pokemon to have a bond. I'm sick of every Pokemon being captured because of some previous bond between trainer and Pokemon. I want something like Pidove, Snivy and Palpitoad. And excluding Axew, Iris has never had one of those type of Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Again, you didn't mention the Eiffel Tower and Zard wasn't talking about Pyramids.
    That's almost exactly the case, as the main point of my post was about the bonding itself, and clearly not about anything else. Just because I mentioned Gible being a prize my post necessarily isn't about it, which it in this case clearly wasn't, as the topic of it actually was the ''consequences'' that I personally believe occur with it.


    Well to be fair it's possible Zard wasn't posting to you even though there are matching words.
    In other words, I was right by saying that it had nothing to do with my post.

    It's possible he wrote it and then as he wrote it other people posted post (including yours).
    While that naturally could've been the case, I found it rather unlikely considering that 4 minutes actually passed, not to mention that his post wasn't all that long. Are you in that case blaming for misinterpreting 'cause who wouldn't when my post was right above his and he had that '^' in it, indicating at my post.

    It could a response to the general thought of "It doesn't make sense for Iris to be given Gible" well no it does make sense because there is a Gible gifting event in the games, so its not out of the realm of possibility.
    Let him answer to that himself please. If that's the case, he'll say it himself.

    Secondly, I would rather have some Pokemon just be given or caught by the trainer and then work with said Pokemon to have a bond.
    And you are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, which I honestly couldn't really care less for.

    I'm sick of every Pokemon being captured because of some previous bond between trainer and Pokemon. I want something like Pidove, Snivy and Palpitoad.
    And I completely disagree with you as I actually prefer it when I get to see a story build up between both trainer and Pokémon, so that the Pokémons personalities don't go completely stale or their capture seem unfair. But once again, that's my opinion.

    And excluding Axew, Iris has never had one of those type of Pokemon.
    Oooh, that's so untrue. For the sake of not getting off-topic, why don't you PM me and I'll immediately go right ahead and tell you why I think you're completely wrong about that.


    ''The Girl Who Understands the Hearts of Dragons''

  21. #71
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I just don't get your response.

    It's not like you mentioned the Eiffel Tower, and AlmightyZard was talking about the Pyramids of Egypt or something.

    In the games when you beat Benga (Alder's Grandson), depending on the version you either get a Shiny Gible OR a Shiny Dratini.

    What AlmightyZard is saying is that maybe it's similar to what's going on with Clair. Iris beats Clair, and then receives a Gible for doing so good in the battle. I disagree with the process of thinking but who knows.

    I don't know what the Gible is about at all.

    As fdar as I'm concerned they are just showing her progress by showing she has yet another dragon now, if this is a what are they up to episode its fine , it would be more fun if she was running just with a Gible and we would be like what? where is Axew? and then its a Fraxure when the episode airs(not like we wouldn't know it by then).

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    I'm sorry I'm getting confused, what's a shinora? Is that Garchomp's Japanese name?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I'm sorry I'm getting confused, what's a shinora? Is that Garchomp's Japanese name?
    She's Cynthia.

    -

    Oh yeah, Iris catches or gets a Gible.

    Hopefully these special episodes are dubbed.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    She's Cynthia.
    Ah thank you for clearing that up. I get confused when people swap out for Japanese names

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Ah thank you for clearing that up. I get confused when people swap out for Japanese names
    Then just check this thread for future references.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ence-Thread-V2

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •