View Poll Results: Are you in the fetal position because of this?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 32.14%
  • no

19 67.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman and Superman: New Batman...is Ben Affleck?

Default Batman and Superman: New Batman...is Ben Affleck?

Ben Affleck as Batman. What the hell man. Who's Robin? Matt Damon? Good god this is so obscenely stupid. Can't believe i'm saying this, but they actually found someone worse than Clooney to play Batman. Batman and Superman is going to be a flop. All hopes for a Justice League movie are destroyed, DC implodes. Is anyone else in the fetal position right about now?

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I am shocked. If they were going to do a Batman Superman movie, why not *sarcastic gasp* USE THE SAME ACTORS YOU HAD! Man, do people screw up so many opportunities for a good movie.
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

This had better be a sick joke. DC is out of their frakking minds to even think that this is a good idea.

If they believe that two different actors for Batman in the same era works, they ARE out of their mind.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by mjunior3 View Post
    If they believe that two different actors for Batman in the same era works, they ARE out of their mind.
    That's not the problem. The DC multiverse puts that problem down quickly. The problem is that Affleck is not a good actor.

Ahahaha...well, that too, lol. I thought he did great in Armageddon, though. Or was that just his best? xD

Right as I'm thinking about this guy (he was in some commercial; not a fan of his at all)...somehow this shows up. What has the world come to for this to happen?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I don't think this Batman is the same as the Nolanverse one. Besides Bale doesn't want to do more Batman movies. They just wanna softly reboot Batman to work in a larger universe.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

The Trend doesn't think Ben Aflek would be too terrible. Daredevil was a bad movie but it found that Ben Aflek suited the role. His performance did remind The Trend of Batman. He has that type of persona, and it fails to see what's so bad about him.

I laugh on it when I heard the news.

I am shocked. If they were going to do a Batman Superman movie, why not *sarcastic gasp* USE THE SAME ACTORS YOU HAD! Man, do people screw up so many opportunities for a good movie.
    Bale didn't want to do more Batman.

Give the guy a chance at least. I'm sure people were pretty doubtful when it was announced Heath Ledger was to portray The Joker.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Ben Affleck as Batman. What the hell man. Who's Robin? Matt Damon? Good god this is so obscenely stupid. Can't believe i'm saying this, but they actually found someone worse than Clooney to play Batman. Batman and Superman is going to be a flop. All hopes for a Justice League movie are destroyed, DC implodes. Is anyone else in the fetal position right about now?
    Say, do you remember the last time WB chose an actor to play Batman and the fans were in uproar about it, threatening to boycott the movie?

michael-keaton-tim-burton-on-the-set-of-batman-1989_.jpg

Because I do. The film hasn't even started shooting and you're already declaring it RUINED FOREVAR. Grow up, sunshine.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Say, do you remember the last time WB chose an actor to play Batman and the fans were in uproar about it, threatening to boycott the movie?

michael-keaton-tim-burton-on-the-set-of-batman-1989_.jpg

Because I do. The film hasn't even started shooting and you're already declaring it RUINED FOREVAR. Grow up, sunshine.
    I'm curious, have you seen Daredevil? Ben Affleck could'nt even play a blind obscure superhero, and you believe that he'll be a good Batman? Go watch Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon and Smokin' aces and tell me if you think he's a good actor. I'm sorry, but he's pretty much confined to a tier above Vin Diesel.

Serebii.net Claims:

Perhaps i was a bit cruel on that last one. He's a bad actor, but he's not Vin Diesel bad. He's basically on par with Ashton Kutcher, Keanu Reeves, Brenden Fraser and Hayden Christensen.

Serebii.net Claims:

I'm curious, have you seen Daredevil? Ben Affleck could'nt even play a blind obscure superhero, and you believe that he'll be a good Batman? Go watch Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon and Smokin' aces and tell me if you think he's a good actor. I'm sorry, but he's pretty much confined to a tier above Vin Diesel.
    Hollywoodland, State of Play, Argo and To the Wonder say "Hi!" Yes, I've seen Daredevil, but that thing had enough problems. You could have cast a young Marlon Brando as Daredevil and that film still would have been crap. Batman is hardly this classic iconic role like Hamlet or James Bond, either, and it's a sequel to Man of Destroying Stuff Steel, so Affleck - even if he's bad - will be the least of this film's problems.

And I loved Smokin' Aces.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon? The most recent one of these came out a decade ago. Time's changed, you haven't. How many Oscars does a guy need to win before he can play a psychologically damaged man who runs about in his underpants?

OK, one more thing: here's fan reaction to Heath Ledger getting cast as the Joker. Be warned, some of this is homophobic "tee-hee he played a gay cowboy he's gonna have sex with Batman!" drivel.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 23rd August 2013 at 3:31 PM.
    Your image was too big. Read the rules before you add anything new to your sig.

Lol, my brothers just found out about this, and they're confused as hell. I personally don't care, but if the end of the world is near as "prophesied" by I Am Legend judging from the Batman and Superman logo that was in New York, then I'll be a bit more concerned about something else other than a movie I'm never going to see.

And I don't remember Ben Affleck that much, honestly. I've seen Pearl Harbor and Armageddon, but I didn't know who he played in those movies, nor did I care. The only thing that pops into mind hearing "Affleck" is "Aflac". And even then, even if he's a bad actor and possibly got better overtime, how do we know that the movie will be good anyway? We don't know what's in the script yet. And considering how I've only heard really good or really bad things about Man of Steel, I think it'll be the same thing here. I doubt this movie will kill superhero movies (though didn't Green Lantern almost kill superhero movies much like Superman IV nearly killed Superman?), but if it kills crossover superhero movies that's not the Avengers, then all fingers can be pointed at something about this movie.

For now, let's just wait and see what happens. If you don't like Ben Affleck, no one's stopping you from not seeing the movie. But if you want to see the movie, don't let it bother you and remind yourself that the other half of the money will go to whomever's Superman.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Stop over reacting, you have no idea what direction the new Batman movie will go in and how the crossover will work.

Gee because they didn't want to use the same actor or set it in the Nolan Batman universe?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Stop over reacting, you have no idea what direction the new Batman movie will go in and how the crossover will work.
    Batman is going to be in a movie with Superman. And Batman is going to fight Superman. We know this from what they flat-out told us. So it's going to be Ben Affleck beating the crap out of Superman. That's what people are going to see.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Gee because they didn't want to use the same actor or set it in the Nolan Batman universe?
    So? Then they don't have to. But there are lists and lists of actors they could have tapped to get an older Bruce Wayne. They didn't need to resort to Hollywood Affleck.

The biggest problem with this is that when people watch this movie, they aren't going to see Bruce Wayne/Batman. They're going to see Ben Affleck/Ben Affleck dressed up as Batman. I've got NO idea what WB was thinking here... It's like they're saying 'Jeez, we did way too well with the first Man of Steel Movie. We need something to really f--- this up beyond repair.'.
    Last edited by SBaby; 24th August 2013 at 9:40 AM.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Well, with Bale not wanting to do another Batman (which sucks, because of the cliff-hanger at the end of the last one), why not wait a few years, at least? I mean, Man of Steel JUST came out, and now with Bale saying "See ya", give the series time. What about a Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman movie before starting to roll onto Justice League territory. At least Marvel was smart with separate movies before the Avengers.

Well, with Bale not wanting to do another Batman (which sucks, because of the cliff-hanger at the end of the last one), why not wait a few years, at least? I mean, Man of Steel JUST came out, and now with Bale saying "See ya", give the series time. What about a Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman movie before starting to roll onto Justice League territory. At least Marvel was smart with separate movies before the Avengers.
    That's the problem. DC and Warner Bros. are so desperate to jump on the superhero-mega-movie bandwagon that they're willing to rush Man of Steel 2, The Flash, and Justice League out and screw them over just to make a quick buck and say, "Yeah, we were on that hype, too."

I like the DD movie, I thought it was really good, but this was before Disney bought Marvel. Now I really don't support having batman in with superman because batman already have 3 movies and this was suppose to be a superman trilogy not a Superman, Superbat, Superman movies. Now if they did it after the third superman movie, people would be fine with it. I don't know how well it will be but I think it will be awesome because I love Man Of Steel and the fight scenes are just awesome.
    I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

Hey, Twinkie! >D

My Heart Gold Team

I am now a brony. This makes me 20% cooler.

My Pearl Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Twinkie View Post
    I like the DD movie, I thought it was really good, but this was before Disney bought Marvel. Now I really don't support having batman in with superman because batman already have 3 movies and this was suppose to be a superman trilogy not a Superman, Superbat, Superman movies. Now if they did it after the third superman movie, people would be fine with it. I don't know how well it will be but I think it will be awesome because I love Man Of Steel and the fight scenes are just awesome.
    I wasn't a fan of Man of Steel. It was definitely made by Zac Snyder though. I'll say that much. It was just like 300 in that it lacked substance but was high on action. Basically, it was just another superhero movie. I wouldn't be surprised if the movie gets panned yet still makes hundreds of millions in the box office.

Serebii.net Claims:

I'm very much on the side of "Oh stop over-reacting please, fanboys" when it comes to this casting decision. Ben Affleck has more than enough acting chops to his name to give me the confidence that he can play Batman (in particular, it takes me all of 3 seconds to imagine Affleck playing Bruce Wayne specifically).

What perplexes me the most is that no one at WB saw this reaction coming. With the mixed reception Man of Steel got, they did a good job of getting the fans back on board by announcing Batman vs. Superman for the Man of Steel sequel but they've shot themselves right back in the foot and turned a lot of the positive buzz into negative buzz by casting Affleck. Whilst I'm of the opinion that Affleck will do a perfectly good job of being Batman, I reckon WB could've got a similar level of performance out of a lot of actors - the big difference being a lot of other actors wouldn't have generated this level of backlash.

It's sad to be thinking of a movie from a marketing perspective instead of the actual quality of the film's perspective, but with a movie like this, especially competing against Marvel for the same demographic, marketing and generating positive viral buzz plays a big part and they've already shot themselves in the foot.
    [IMG]http://i29.*******.com/29f7b7b.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i27.*******.com/6699g9.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Micky! View Post
    I'm very much on the side of "Oh stop over-reacting please, fanboys" when it comes to this casting decision. Ben Affleck has more than enough acting chops to his name to give me the confidence that he can play Batman (in particular, it takes me all of 3 seconds to imagine Affleck playing Bruce Wayne specifically).
    I see Ben Affleck being a wealthy guy, not Bruce Wayne. That's the problem. I'm certain that Ben Affleck is capable of playing the character well. But the problem is, it's very hard for me to imagine that this is Batman/Bruce Wayne (let alone an older Batman/Bruce Wayne), just as it was hard to imagine that he was any other character he's played in the past. I'm not saying he's turned in bad performances. I'm just saying that it's not easy to sell me on a character when Ben Affleck is playing said character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Micky! View Post
    What perplexes me the most is that no one at WB saw this reaction coming. With the mixed reception Man of Steel got, they did a good job of getting the fans back on board by announcing Batman vs. Superman for the Man of Steel sequel but they've shot themselves right back in the foot and turned a lot of the positive buzz into negative buzz by casting Affleck. Whilst I'm of the opinion that Affleck will do a perfectly good job of being Batman, I reckon WB could've got a similar level of performance out of a lot of actors - the big difference being a lot of other actors wouldn't have generated this level of backlash.

It's sad to be thinking of a movie from a marketing perspective instead of the actual quality of the film's perspective, but with a movie like this, especially competing against Marvel for the same demographic, marketing and generating positive viral buzz plays a big part and they've already shot themselves in the foot.
    In all honesty, WB should've seen this reaction coming, especially since most people remember how well Daredevil was received. And blaming the fans for this reaction, isn't going to make them change their minds. If anything, it's going to alienate them further.

I wouldn't necessarily say that WB shot themselves in the foot with this decision (though as I said before, there are so many actors they could have picked for this role over Affleck). Theoretically, it could work (Heath Ledger as the Joker worked and fans were initially against him being in that movie). But the reality is, fans are going to go into this movie with a negative mindset even before the opening scene. Because of this, it will be twice as hard to win them over. So this movie had better be really freaking impressive. Otherwise all that talk about the Justice League movie, that's gone in a heartbeat.

Now to be fair, at the very least we can pretty much all agree that it was largely Hollywood Politics that caused this to happen. Ben Affleck is one of the most influential people in the Industry. So when he says he's willing to be in your movie, you don't say no.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Honestly, people are overreacting and just jumping on the "I hate Affleck" bandwagon. Personally, I do not think that Affleck is the best man for the job, but what's done is done. I'm going to at least give the guy a chance considering that he is an accomplished and mostly successful actor.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast