Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Family Guy

Default Family Guy

Well, I see there's not a currently active thread about Family Guy, so I decided to start one. I'd say it's a pretty damn hilarious show, and I know quite some people like it a lot. Anyways, I'd like to run this thread like the shipping threads in the shipping section: anyone can ask a question in this thread, anyone can answer it, or just bring up a topic when that's wanted. Please stay on topic and follow the rules.

Let's start with the first thread question immediately: What's your favourite episode?

For me, "Road to Europe". It introduced me into KISS, which is one of my favourite bands now. I love how Brian and Stewie had the "You and I are so awfully different" song, with some hilarious lines. And of course the way Lois didn't know the KISS lyrics and dressing up like Peter Criss, and not realizing how bad that is.

Also, worthy of a mention is "I Dream of Jesus", with the awesome Surfin' Bird moments.

I often think it's hard to explain what I like about Family Guy, its jokes, its episodes and its songs, but it's obvious to me how funny it is. I really hoped to put more content in this opening post, but I suppose it's enough to start a decent thread.

Peanut butter jelly time .
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Ever since I have purchased my subscription to Netflix, I have watched through every season of Family Guy over 3 or 4 time now (I watch it when I go to bed). I can honestly not pick my favorite episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdax View Post
    family guy is for morons
    Then I guess 70% of young Americans are morons by your standards...

I personally haven't watched Family Guy since I was 14, and the show is pretty terrible now. But back then when it was still a thing I liked it.
    Unfortunately the older you get, the more likely you are to spot it's tremendous amounts of flaws.
    Though "Bag of Weed" still gets to me haha.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensei™ View Post
    Peanut butter jelly time .
    I remember when Bryan did that. What episode is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    I remember when Bryan did that. What episode is that from?
    "The Courtship of Stewie's Father", the episode in which Peter tries to spend more time with Stewie, Stewie ends up hating him when Peter agrees with Lois when she says Stewie has to go to his room, he's disappointed Peter didn't have the guts to stand up to Lois. Then, Peter takes Stewie to Disney World.
    http://familyguy.wikia.com/wiki/The_...wie%27s_Father

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    Ever since I have purchased my subscription to Netflix, I have watched through every season of Family Guy over 3 or 4 time now (I watch it when I go to bed). I can honestly not pick my favorite episode.
    0_0 It's like we're TWINS! I watched them while I worked on art projects last year, while I do dishes, while I'm trying to fall asleep, while I'm on the forums, while I'm taking a dump... Basically, any time is Family Guy time! I'll have to think about which episode is my favorite. I do know which joke is my favorite, though! I love the ones where Stewie mispronounces his w sounds so its sounds like "hw!"
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

I love family guy, one of my favorite episodes is where Lois takes up boxing where Peter gets milked by that other boxer xD that was true funny

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

Quote Originally Posted by kamoarc119 View Post
    I love family guy, one of my favorite episodes is where Lois takes up boxing where Peter gets milked by that other boxer xD that was true funny
    Oh, yeah that one's hilarious! I think if I did have to pick favorites, I'd say the "Road to" episodes. They're always extremely entertaining. I loved the one where they went to Nazi Germany! XD
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

True true those are good, they new to come out with more of those, Stewie and Bryan are the best of buddies so it works lol all family guy has planned next supposedly is a crossover with the Simpsons

*Credit to SwornMetalhead at deaderic design for the aura banner, credit to astral shadow at the under for the buttons*

I watch Family Guy way too much haha
    My favorite episodes have to be any Stewie-Brian episode, but I think favorite favorite has to be And then there were fewer, the one where Diane killed James Woods and tried to blame Tom Tucker

I got into Family Guy when I was about 16 and got most of it out of my system by about 17 or 18. I still like it, but it's not like it's the most amazing show on television.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I have always liked family guy since I was 13 it's one if my favorite shows to watch that although had gone slow in episodes it it still a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Oh, yeah that one's hilarious! I think if I did have to pick favorites, I'd say the "Road to" episodes. They're always extremely entertaining. I loved the one where they went to Nazi Germany! XD
    I agree, those aree the best. M personal favorite is "Road to the Multiverse"
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

With the while road to episodes being most favorites it gets you thinking what else can they do? Or if they are even going to plan more because I would like to see more Bryan and Stewie bonding.

I don't know if this counts, but my favorite episode of Family Guy is the pilot.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I personally love the Star Wars Specials.

"Fire giant boob nipple gun"

"How come i never have any lines in these things?

Shut up Meg"

"You have business cards!? You're a stormtrooper!"
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I haven't watched Family Guy for awhile now, although I used to watch it fairly often. I don't really care for that kind of humor anymore, but I'm not bothered by other people watching it.

I can't even remember what my favorite episode was, although I did like the Star Wars ones. Other then that, maybe the one where Stewie starts drinking.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by dahrue View Post
    This, minus the netflix and watching it at bed.

My favorites are Road to Multiverse and Hell Comes to Quahog.

Although, I find American Dad to be way superior to Family Guy. It consists of an actual plotline, and isn't 90% flashbacks and fart jokes. Even The Cleveland Show is arguable better in my opinion. If you watch a Family Guy episode and try counting the flashbacks and jokes that take 30 seconds to get to the punch line (IE Jungle Love, the Will Ferrell part), you realize how unfunny it is.
    3711-7728-5652

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    0_0 It's like we're TWINS! I watched them while I worked on art projects last year, while I do dishes, while I'm trying to fall asleep, while I'm on the forums, while I'm taking a dump... Basically, any time is Family Guy time! I'll have to think about which episode is my favorite. I do know which joke is my favorite, though! I love the ones where Stewie mispronounces his w sounds so its sounds like "hw!"
    Stewie: "Bryan, you're acting hweird."

Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    I agree, those aree the best. M personal favorite is "Road to the Multiverse"
    Stewie *is in universe with tons of gay guys*: "Love it."

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I haven't watched Family Guy for awhile now, although I used to watch it fairly often. I don't really care for that kind of humor anymore, but I'm not bothered by other people watching it.

I can't even remember what my favorite episode was, although I did like the Star Wars ones. Other then that, maybe the one where Stewie starts drinking.
    You mean the one in which Stewie has that near-death experience, doesn't want to go to Hell, and decides to start drinking, because he can't do mean stuff is he's drunk all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Vikings View Post
    My favorites are Road to Multiverse and Hell Comes to Quahog.

Although, I find American Dad to be way superior to Family Guy. It consists of an actual plotline, and isn't 90% flashbacks and fart jokes. Even The Cleveland Show is arguable better in my opinion. If you watch a Family Guy episode and try counting the flashbacks and jokes that take 30 seconds to get to the punch line (IE Jungle Love, the Will Ferrell part), you realize how unfunny it is.
    Well, yes, Family Guy indeed exists of flashbacks and fart jokes and other inconsistent jokes, but some people just have no problem with that, that's why Family Guy is still quite popular. At least, I don't mind it and think it's a funny show.

What's your favourite song in Family Guy?

Wow, hard... Peter singing Surfin' Bird, Lois failing at "Rock And Roll All Night" by KISS, Stewie and Brian having duets like "You And I Are So Awfully Different"... It's hard to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    What's your favourite song in Family Guy?

Wow, hard... Peter singing Surfin' Bird, Lois failing at "Rock And Roll All Night" by KISS, Stewie and Brian having duets like "You And I Are So Awfully Different"... It's hard to choose.
    Surfin' Bird by far.
    Me and a friend of mine were at a water park earlier this year, and that song came on. We both just looked at each other and started quoting family guy XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I still watch Family Guy and although I personally don't think it's as clever as it used to be, I still get a kick out of it. It might just be the nostalgia factor but somehow it feel the older episodes were longer even though they last the exact same amount of time as the new ones but the new ones feel... Rushed.

Family Guy is great! But I think their cutaway gags are just too much

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

Holy sh*t! Did you guys saw the latest episode? The show killed off Brian Griffin! HE'S DEAD! R.I.P. Any thoughts from you Family Guy fans?
    What do you think of this shocking change for the show? Do you want him back, or the show can move on without his character around?

TO THE MODS ONLY:
    If this is considered bumping a thread, then I apologize...I'm not quite sure yet if a month ahead of the last reply is considered a bump. Just decided to look this thread up since this was shocking news...anyway I really hope (if this is a bump) I don't lose that much points Didn't mean it guys lol
    Last edited by PokemonJesus123; 25th November 2013 at 7:45 PM.
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast