Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 121

Thread: The Worst Anime Plot

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:


    You'd do anything to defend your favorite anime, wouldn't you now?

    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some mountain in kanto
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Garrun lagan, it's plot was and is horrendous, the only reason why it became so freakin popular was it's theme and characters (which I agree, but the story was terrible).

    SAO, had great characters, shitty story, lots of interesting themes floating around, shitty story, it took the theme that .Hack did and did it even better, still really shitty story... eh for and ending, I was very disappointed, I had high hopes.... down the drain.

    What I see a lot of on here is themes and elements of a story, not the plot, what the character has to deal with, what they're doing with the other characters in relation to the main story, themes and elements spice it up, yes, but they have nothing to do with the premise of the plot overall because that's mainly done between the main character and the characters around them, which is the main thing in anime in how they write they're series.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Garrun lagan, it's plot was and is horrendous, the only reason why it became so freakin popular was it's theme and characters (which I agree, but the story was terrible).
    Want to be friends?

    I hope you've brought a rock type with you. That Charizard is gonna come flying and it won't be too happy when it hears what you've said...

    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,524

    Default

    Sword Art Online, any remnants of an interesting plot is overpowered by the annoying, angst that they continually try to convey between the main character and the many different chicks he encounters every episode and the fanservice.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Gurren Lagann is obviously terrible because *snore*
    Done here.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
        Spoiler:


    You'd do anything to defend your favorite anime, wouldn't you now?
    Well yeah. 'Course I would. Fight a bear even. Saying you're wrong isn't really going to far.

    Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Garrun lagan, it's plot was and is horrendous, the only reason why it became so freakin popular was it's theme and characters (which I agree, but the story was terrible).
    Can't tell if this is trolling or not. Kinda sad if not, can't even spell the name of the show they're insulting.

        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    I hope you've brought a rock type with you. That Charizard is gonna come flying and it won't be too happy when it hears what you've said...
    Hey now.

    Don't steal ParaChomps jokes. He works hard on those.

    Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Gurren Lagann is obviously terrible because *snore*
    And I know you're trolling.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Is today mess with CC#06 day and no one told me!? well i cant say anything bad about TTGL seeing as i have yet to finish it.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Where I live.
    Posts
    1,345

    Default

    I will admit Gurren Lagann is not the best story ever, but I do still love it. I have seen some lazy parts (Rosius' (Howerver your spell his name, it's the only one I can't get right) character development for example was absolute garbage) but Nia's introduction was not that poorly written and while it wasn't amazing I don't see how it could drive you off.


    Also, I am deciding to be like everyone and add SAO on my list of crap animes. Too bad, I was looking forward to it and looking forward to Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats being retired (Don't get me wrong, they were okay, but they really didn't feel right on Toonami to me). But it was pretty junk in my opinion with the characters being rather plain. Actually, I started hating it second episode when they said that there were limited enemies and XP and I just felt that it was a stupid plot point. It didn't surprise any characters, so they had to know that. Who would ever play an MMORPG where it was known that the XP base was set and you had to be fast to get XP or you could never level up since it is lost to someone else. Sure it is possible that they learned it off-screen, but it was neither shown nor told (Maybe it was, actually. I just care so little it is possible I'm forgetting it.) Just that fridge logic set me off the show some early on, but the main character interested me as a character. He went anti-hero way to hard and way to fast, I lost any like of him immediately.

    Now excuse me while I go watch some still flawed but entertaining Trigun (Watch it, you know you want to!) to get some quality back in my life.
    Last edited by CuriousHeartless; 10th September 2013 at 12:09 AM.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Hey now.

    Don't steal ParaChomps jokes. He works hard on those.
    Whose ParaChomp? I made up the joke myself, for that matter.

    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs
    Current Hunt:

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,673

    Default

    I'm surprised no one said Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters yet.
    Xros Wars is awesome, but no one will ever know why it ends with a plot-less garbage known as Young Hunters arc.


    And yeah, add me to the list of anyone who think SAO's plot is bad.
    It's so bad and bland I already knew how bad it is from just reading the summary of the series, without needing to watch even a single episode.
    It's yet another "story of two lovers" anime, they didn't really explore the online game aspect like what the .hack series did. SAO is basically a more popular version of Ragnarok the Animation, yet Ragnarok the Animation has better characters and plot.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    The plot to Sword Art Online was very predictable. I still somewhat enjoyed what I have seen of it. Main character becomes OP, saves the day, and everyone goes home. The end.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    The plot to Sword Art Online was very predictable. I still somewhat enjoyed what I have seen of it. Main character becomes OP, saves the day, and everyone goes home. The end.
    I agree =3=

    It was fun up to a certain point.

    Though I admit i didn't even bother with part 2.


    ..../still wants trap kirito. qq


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Youtube
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    The plot to Sword Art Online was very predictable. I still somewhat enjoyed what I have seen of it. Main character becomes OP, saves the day, and everyone goes home. The end.
    Sounds like pretty much every video game with leveling skills ever.

    I stopped watching sword art online after the fifth episode. I was more confused about the plot than I was trying to get back into Kingdom Hearts. and Kingdom Hearts has an Insanely Confusing plot. (Not that I'm saying it's bad, because it's definitely not bad at all.)
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

    wouldn't Mega Arceus be

    the O-Mega Pokemon

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Autis-misc View Post
    Sounds like pretty much every video game with leveling skills ever.
    Then there's Dark Souls...

    I stopped watching sword art online after the fifth episode. I was more confused about the plot than I was trying to get back into Kingdom Hearts. and Kingdom Hearts has an Insanely Confusing plot. (Not that I'm saying it's bad, because it's definitely not bad at all.)
    HOW THE HELL IS SWORD ART ONLINE CONFUSING?!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In bed with your sister...
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Baccano!

    Not because the series is bad - quite the contrary, its very good indeed - but the constant time jumps to-and-from made everything pretty difficult to understand. One minute it's 1932, then it's 1927, then suddenly it's 1935. WHAT is the point of that?






    3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

    My Anime List - updated every now and then

    "Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Nexus View Post
    Baccano!

    Not because the series is bad - quite the contrary, its very good indeed - but the constant time jumps to-and-from made everything pretty difficult to understand. One minute it's 1932, then it's 1927, then suddenly it's 1935. WHAT is the point of that?
    To make it watch better. Can you imagine how boring the end would be if the story was told in a linear fashion? The whole to-do on the Flying Pussyfoot followed by a few episodes of Eve looking for her brother. It would have gone down in history as one of anime's biggest anti-climaxes.
    Done here.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,119

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    Haruhi is simply a pain in the *** to watch.

    And it's not even bad, just a pain in the ***.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,119

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,799

    Default

    Well, iirc it can be watched in like 4 different orders. Then you had the second season airing in between the first, then the endless eight.

    And, like none of it was bad. Just...aggravating.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default

    There's this one called Ookami Kakushi. I stopped at the last episode, I just couldn't watch more.

    Hetalia. Seriously, this has no plot at all. For each episode being so short, there're sure too many scenes totally unrelated to each other.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sueellen93 View Post
    Hetalia. Seriously, this has no plot at all. For each episode being so short, there're sure too many scenes totally unrelated to each other.
    It's ALMOST like that's the point of the series.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sueellen93 View Post
    Hetalia. Seriously, this has no plot at all. For each episode being so short, there're sure too many scenes totally unrelated to each other.
    Choosing to have no plot =/= Bad plot.

    That's like having a hot dog eating contest with a vegetarian and bragging when you win

    ...or something.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sueellen93 View Post

    Hetalia. Seriously, this has no plot at all. For each episode being so short, there're sure too many scenes totally unrelated to each other.
    Hetalia is meant to have no plot. Think something like Kobo-chan or Crayon Sin-chan, the series is literally just about their everyday life.

    Heck the Kobo-chan anime series is based on its yonkoma (4-koma) comic series, basically each page of the comic has its own 4 panel story, so it makes sense that the anime version of Kobo-chan has no plot. Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko-chan are the same thing.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Wait... so am I the only one who thought that SAO had a great premise but had absolutely garbage characters and a terribly thought out romance storyline?
    Image removed for making your sig too wide and over the 150,000 pixel limit. Please remember to read The Signature Rules and, if you're still not sure whether your sig is okay or not, use The Signature Check Thread.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •