Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Anime Plot

Quote Originally Posted by Spenny View Post
    Wait... so am I the only one who thought that SAO had a great premise but had absolutely garbage characters and a terribly thought out romance storyline?
    From what I've seen, it looks like most of us agree with you. It did have a good idea, but crap implementation.

Wait... so am I the only one who thought that SAO had a great premise but had absolutely garbage characters and a terribly thought out romance storyline?
    Nope. I liked the idea of people trapped in a video game and struggling to survive. It strains the suspension of disbelief, but the first episode did a decent job of laying out the situation is a semi-realistic fashion. Trouble is, everything else was garbage, especially Kirito and Asuna's romance. *Throws up*

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Then there's Dark Souls...
    Such a good example. Despite its ambiguous plot, Dark Souls ditches a lot of cliches.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/24673g8.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks to Astral Shadow and Equal-To-Heaven for the signature assets.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/aayd7r.jpg[/IMG]

I haven't seen it, but this sounds pretty bad: “Dame Oyaji” (1974)

It's about a man and his overbearing wife.

A typical episode would involve Oni-baba wanting to advance her image in front of other house-wives, whom have more successful husbands than she does. She would then go home and force Dame Oyaji to advance his status (whether it’s getting a promotion at his company, buying a car, disguise himself as his son so he can take the difficult school test), only to fail in the end. The family would then blame the failure on Oyaji and beat him in the end. Fade to black.
    Source: http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/dame-oyaji-1974-2/
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

School days, just pissed me off to no end, and the ending had me creeped out for days.

Sonic X. The show tries to be "more serious" than the older cartoon series, yet it has the plot depth of a Yugioh GX episode. On an unrelated note, the dub is quite bad.

Sword Art Online isn't that bad, and as I read through the thread I notice people saying Kirito was a bad protagonist or that his character is garbage. But if you seriously think about it he handled the situation he was in remarkably well. If you didn't know some soilders go crazy after being on a battlefield once, trained and hardened soldiers end crying and whimpering, Its call Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, And after watching a couple of people you know die you wouldn't be so eager to take more people into battle with you. The fact that watching someone die makes you wanna cry is normal its all those other anime that shed blood like its rain that are, so to speak, the crazy ones.

Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

From what I've seen, I'd say Beyblade. It makes no sense how plastic spinning tops are able to attain magical animal powers and save the world. The characters also act as if it will cost their life, if they lose a match. The characters clearly are madly obsessed with their toys.

Sword. Art. On. Line!

The premise alone is awesome, but it's ruined by crappy characters and writing.

I'd rather watch any .hack series over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    ^The reason why I never understand people watching Haruhi season 1 in chronological order.
    I find it hard to understand someone watching Haruhi at all.

There's definitely a huge swath of anime with interesting concepts but which are terribly implemented. Crime Edge, what I know of Mirai Nikki, Attack on Titan, Freezing, Kampfer, Pandora Hearts (which at least has a really good manga), Rozen Maiden Ouverture...
    Last edited by The Admiral; 24th November 2013 at 2:42 AM.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Must be Beyblade, never seen something so stupid and dumbfound in plots.
    Mii: Kaiyo [Friend Code is 1993-7286-9750. Friend Safari is Normal with ] PSN/Xbox Live/Steam/Twitter/ Youtube/Raptr/Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
    From what I've seen, I'd say Beyblade. It makes no sense how plastic spinning tops are able to attain magical animal powers and save the world. The characters also act as if it will cost their life, if they lose a match. The characters clearly are madly obsessed with their toys.
    And they never explained where did the magical power comes from.

But at least they have magical powers.

"Let's and Go!" anime series involves small toy cars with no magical power whatsoever, but are somehow able to respond to and perform their owner's orders.
    And there's no possible explanation on how did that can happen, because it has been clearly shown that most of the cars in the series have no controller, let alone a mechanical system with AI in it. So it should have been impossible for the cars to be able to "listen" to orders.
    There is a chip, but said chip is clearly mentioned as being used only for some kind of ID recognition on a tournament as well as to improve speed. Not for making the cars able to "listen" to orders. And the chip appeared only after lots of episodes into the series and only on one tournament, so it clearly not for explaining the cars' ability to "listen" to orders.

Also, L&G suffers the same problem as various anime meant to promote toys and games : they lack a clear plot, as they focus on promoting, not telling a great story.

Yu-Gi-Oh! manages to put up a decent plot while still promoting cards at the same time, but L&G and the first Beyblade anime series are often filled with "battle of the week" filler.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

hmm duel masters

probably since it was a card game where monsters fight each other, honestly i can't get any benefits from that

One Piece.

I will agree with the blockhead and say Gurren Lagann's plot wasn't the greatest. The worst? No way, it knew its plot wasn't that strong! Before deciding you have to draw a line between good bad and bad bad. We need something with bad writing and bad execution.

Beyblade and other toy commercials squeezed into 22 minute doses executed their job well, when we were tykes they were shiny and we wanted that.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I'm surprised no one said Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters yet.
    Xros Wars is awesome, but no one will ever know why it ends with a plot-less garbage known as Young Hunters arc.

And yeah, add me to the list of anyone who think SAO's plot is bad.
    I'll have to agree with these points. I loved Xros Wars, but Young Hunters was a big let down.

But worse than that is Pokemon. Pokemon has to be the most formulaic show I've ever seen.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Gyrozetter, definitely! I mean, kids driving cars and then the one who wants to be a hero is having his "superpowers" served in a silver tray by his driving-school mentors? That's ridiculous, I'm not watching it anymore!

Peach Girl....Anything that's related to Shojo or magical girls. I'm sorry but neither one of those really tries to stir the pot with something. It feels like every magical girl anime is based on Sailor Moon and I didn't even like the plot to that anime. There are some unique ones in there but I guess the genera wasn't for me.

FLCL was weird. Not bad by any means I love that anime, but it was just weird how they did it.

I know for a fact my friend would say Cowboy Bebop but I think she need a slap to the head.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Pokemon, from the Hoenn episodes because the same thing which happened before was happening again and again. Fighting gym leaders, getting badges, journeying. Nothing new happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Megahound View Post
    Pokemon, from the Hoenn episodes because the same thing which happened before was happening again and again. Fighting gym leaders, getting badges, journeying. Nothing new happened.
    >implying anything extraordinary happened in pokémon in any season

Meganebu, five guys that wear glasses do stupid stuff. Booooooring. One piece is poo too.

Credits to SwornMetalhead and Astral Shadow for the banner and userbar
    Ice Type Safari
    3DS FC: 0318 8159 1550

Quote Originally Posted by KaiyoOrganiz View Post
    Must be Beyblade, never seen something so stupid and dumbfound in plots.
    Guess you have never seen B-Damon.

One Piece is nowhere near the worst plot-wise, it's not phenomenal in the slightest but it isn't bad. Seriously, if you're gonna mention a long running shonen with an awful plot Bleach should be your first pick.

Lucky Star

Eiken is a terrible anime with a terrible plot
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

SAO strictly plot-wise wasn't so bad, at least in the very first arc. It's characters and execution that ruined it.

My pick? It's certainly not the worst thing ever conceived but it's the worst thing I've seen in recent memory... Valvrave. Not one aspect of it wasn't a hot mess.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I was looking for it, but I can't find it. It's an anime about these ships called the Fog come and apparently attack the human civilization. It's pretty much a harem and not much plot in it in my opinion. As for SAO, I really liked the anime. It was cute and the concept was intriguing. It's probably because I like the "All powerful" type of characters, nonetheless they are overdoing it with the subplots (the fairy game and etc).

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast