Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Worst Anime Plot

Quote Originally Posted by flyer1228 View Post
    I was looking for it, but I can't find it. It's an anime about these ships called the Fog come and apparently attack the human civilization. It's pretty much a harem and not much plot in it in my opinion.
    Ars Nova, which actually wasn't too bad. I quite enjoyed it myself.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Seriously, if you're gonna mention a long running shonen with an awful plot Bleach should be your first pick.
    For me, it was good 'til the Soul Society arc... and then everything became ridiculous after that. I had to skip all those random fillers located inside arcs, and I basically dropped it after I was fed up with it.

I don't even know why I'm still reading the manga.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Ars Nova, which actually wasn't too bad. I quite enjoyed it myself.
    I enjoyed myself as well, but I just didn't see where the anime was going. I mean it was entertaining, but really.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusione-Tempus View Post
    For me, it was good 'til the Soul Society arc... and then everything became ridiculous after that. I had to skip all those random fillers located inside arcs, and I basically dropped it after I was fed up with it.

I have to say I agree. I watched until about episode 220. After that, I stopped and decided not to watch more despite my conviction (at the time) to finish all anime I start. I have to say for me, that Bleach was great until after saving Rukia in Soul Society. After that, there was no need for so many more seasons.

IGN: Flyer 3DS FC: 4012 5240 1274

Credit goes to Astral Shadow from The Under for the awesome sig!

I agree, though I thought the anime did a decent interpretation of the Fullbringers arc. The higher production values helped.

I'm still halfheartedly following the manga just to see what kind of insanity it reaches.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Realistically, Bleach should have ended after Aizen was defeated. It was already declining in popularity. I figured I read this far so I might as well go until the end. It is the last arc after all.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Honestly, School Days is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Then again, maybe that was the twisted point of School Days, but my god, I have never seen a more dumber cast of characters and a more detestable protagonist.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I agree, though I'd say the Arrancar introduction arc is fine, not as good as Soul Society mind you but not bad.
    Last edited by Ampy; 14th January 2014 at 8:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    Peach Girl....Anything that's related to Shojo or magical girls. I'm sorry but neither one of those really tries to stir the pot with something. It feels like every magical girl anime is based on Sailor Moon and I didn't even like the plot to that anime. There are some unique ones in there but I guess the genera wasn't for me.
    Try Madoka Magica If you haven't already... Things in this series take a dark turn early on. It might not be the best, but it's a good, different take on magical girl anime.

As for me, it'd be Beyblade, too. I remember watching it and absolutely hating the main character's voice.

Coming out right now to say Pupa has a shitty plot with a shitty execution of that plot, one of the worst I've seen. The incest context doesn't help either--I'm actually preferring Aki-Sora over it, and I didn't like Aki-Sora either. Episode six is airing tomorrow, so the anime's pretty much halfway done with no hope of ever getting better. The manga also just finished, too, so I imagine DEEN is shoving everything in together at the last minute. Just another day at Studio DEEN.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Seikon No Quaser.
        Spoiler:- Bugs:

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnidae View Post
    Seikon No Quaser.
    I literally said, "Dafuq?" when I read the Wikipedia entry. Really? Breast milk as a power source? REALLY?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

did anyone say the second half of sao yet? also katekyo hitman reborn got kind of bad after how ever many seasons. the story began to just drag on and on and on and felt increasingly ridiculous.
    † I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.†

~RIP User Four-Twenty April 20, 2014-April 20, 2014~

I haven't really watched any that I really disliked yet, but Maburaho seemed forced and predicable at times.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Chu Chu Jelly View Post
    did anyone say the second half of sao yet? also katekyo hitman reborn got kind of bad after how ever many seasons. the story began to just drag on and on and on and felt increasingly ridiculous.
    Second half of SAO should have never been made. If anything, the show writers should have included more material in Aincrad (either from the novel or made up some) and then have an anime-exclusive ending.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Second half of SAO should have never been made. If anything, the show writers should have included more material in Aincrad (either from the novel or made up some) and then have an anime-exclusive ending.
    I half-heartedly disagree with the anime-exclusive ending though... But I definitely agree with the rest. I'm kinda frustrated that Kirito gets to be the most powerful character by say, TIME SKIPS! If they have added more content in Aincrad, then I would like it even more. 2nd-half didn't really appeal to me, aside from that episode when Kirito used Illusion magic. Other than that, the villain's a creep, Asuna's a distressed damsel, and Kirito's back to being an OP hero. <_<

In honor of Mystica

From what i keep Hearing Rosario + Vampire anime was terrible.

(And I liked the Manga so that's saying a lot)
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

I half-heartedly disagree with the anime-exclusive ending though... But I definitely agree with the rest. I'm kinda frustrated that Kirito gets to be the most powerful character by say, TIME SKIPS! If they have added more content in Aincrad, then I would like it even more. 2nd-half didn't really appeal to me, aside from that episode when Kirito used Illusion magic. Other than that, the villain's a creep, Asuna's a distressed damsel, and Kirito's back to being an OP hero. <_<
    I meant like have them be in Aincrad entire saga and for the ending have them get out of Aincrad, Kirito & Asuna and others continue their lives at school in real life. Just minus everything related to the second half of the show.
    I hear that in the novel Kirito apparently gets more character development so he doesn't just appear to be some overpowered Gary Stu. Aincrad was just more interesting, and the stakes were higher.

I meant like have them be in Aincrad entire saga and for the ending have them get out of Aincrad, Kirito & Asuna and others continue their lives at school in real life. Just minus everything related to the second half of the show.
    I hear that in the novel Kirito apparently gets more character development so he doesn't just appear to be some overpowered Gary Stu. Aincrad was just more interesting, and the stakes were higher.
    Oh, that's what you mean. Yeah, I guess that might've been better than the second half. It's so... baffling. :/

In that case, we'll just have to wait for the second season. :/

In honor of Mystica

OreImo is the king of bad bad anime plots.

Bible Black. Go look it up.

THIS VERY MUCH. I would have preferred if everything was just wrapped up in the first half, eugh.
    As soon as the firs episode(s) of the second half got started, my interest took a serious nose-dive, especially with Asuna being locked away for practically little to no reason, the rape-y bits, then the OP main character. Just overall disappointing.
    So glad I have a DVR.
    Sounds like I should take a look at the novel though, hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Realistically, Bleach should have ended after Aizen was defeated. It was already declining in popularity. I figured I read this far so I might as well go until the end. It is the last arc after all.
    I guess we're all continuing to read to see what kind of ridiculous combination of beings the MC is after all these years, lol.
    Last edited by Rio!; 15th April 2014 at 11:43 PM.
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345