This is a club for people with Asperger Syndrome, people with relatives/friends/a partner who have Asperger Syndrome or other people who are interested in learning more about this disorder. This disorder is a form of autism. Some symptoms of this disorder are:
- focusing on one or a few subjects of major interest.
- poor communication skills, mostly because of non-verbal communication.
- poor motor skills
- trouble with unexpected changes
Of course not all these symptopms always apply to anyone with Aspergers, I don't want to generalize. However, many of these symptoms do apply to people diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.
For more information, here is the Wikipedia page about Asperger Syndrome.
This club is meant to be a place for people to share their stories and experiences, without being ridiculed for it.
1. Please follow the general Serebiiforums rules.
2. Don't pretend to have Aspergers when you don't have the disorder and aren't diagnosed, like some trolls seem to enjoy. However, if you aren't diagnosed, but truly think you have Aspergers, it's fine, but please state that you're not diagnosed, just to prevent confusion.
3. Everyone is allowed to talk here, I won't have a member/non-member system. I want this club to be open for everyone who wants to talk here.
4. Please be respectful. When people with Aspergers talk about problems they are facing here, things can be sensitive and emotional. Please try to understand this.
5. Stay on-topic.
6. If you see any posts breaking these rules, please report them. Don't reply to them in an offensive way, please try to avoid big arguments and drama.
Now, let's start talking by answering this question: Why did you come to this club?
I have severe Aspergers, I was diagnosed in 2004. To share experiences and raise understanding, I decided to create this club. My social skills are a severe issue, causing me to be an outcast during my entire life. It's probably why kids started bullying me in elementary school. Unfortunately, I can't stand up to people, so the bullying continued and got worse... I've been bullied for almost my entire life and can't get along well with my sister and my dad, causing me to have suicidal thoughts during my mid-teenage years, causing me to rarely trust people, causing me to be anxious and nervous often, causing me to have no self-esteem at all and causing me to be extremely over-suspicious. I'm an example of how Aspergers can pretty much wreck someone's life. During the biggest part of my life, Pokemon was everything I had in life to make me happy, something that gave me the chance to not worry about things for a while.
However, since 30 January 2013, the day my girlfriend and I started our relationship, my life has gotten significantly better. I always thought I would never get a girlfriend, and now the most awesome girl in the world is my girlfriend! This caused me to become a much happier person, I finally found true happiness after a life of insecurity, worries, bullying and depression. She loves me how I am, has no problems with my Asperger Syndrome and turned my life around in a really awesome way! It's an internet relationship because of distance, but when it's possible, she and I are planning to meet in real life and live together. It's definitely true love! <3