Thread: Community POTW #140

Default Community POTW #140

Time for the next Pokémon of the Week, and we have an absolute classic this week

It's Poliwrath! The amazing Water/Fighting-type Pokémon. While it's not used as often as its Johto equivalent, it is capable of a lot

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/062.shtml

Go nuts

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Atk
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moveset:
    - Bulk Up
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake / Ice Punch
    - Rest
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.

If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 Atk/ 4 HP
    Moveset:
    - Bulk Up
    - Waterfall
    - Brick Break/ Circle Throw
    - Rock Slide
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Physical
    Water Absorb w/ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Brave w/ 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Defense/Sp Defense
    Waterfall
    Brick Break/Low Sweep
    Earthquake
    Poison Jab/Payback/Ice Punch

Special
    Water Absorb w/ Leftovers/Life Orb
    Brave/Quiet w/ 252 Attack, 252 Sp Attack, 6 HP
    Scald/Hydro Pump
    Focus Blast
    Ice Beam
    Mud Bomb/Psychic

Countering-RU
    High Defense and Sp Attack with Electric/Grass/Flying/Psychic-type moves like Evolite Magneton/Tangela, Tangrowth, Mow/Fan Rotom, Psychic Gorebyss, or Will-o-Wisp Spiritomb.
    Last edited by sbktdreed; 3rd September 2013 at 6:31 AM. Reason: On recent reply
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

Poliwrath is a classic. Ahh, the nostalgia… the lackluster nostalgia.

Pros: Poliwrath actually has a fairly wide move pool for a water type, that is actual beyond the standard Water move/Ice Beam fare. With support options including: Rain Dance, Hypnosis, Haze, Toxic, and Circle Throw, Poliwrath can provide a lot of support for the team, especially in regards to hazing. With moves like Belly Drum, Bulk Up and Work Up, Poliwrath can improve its better attack stat and attempt to go on a sweep. With a plethora of fighting and water STAB moves, Earthquake, Ice Punch and Rock Slide, Poliwrath has enough for a few movesets. Finally, it possesses two great abilities in Water Absorb or Swift Swim which can increase its bulkiness or allows it to outrun most of its competition.

Cons: For all of its pros, Poliwrath’s stats severely hold it back. None of its stats are above 100, so while it has decent bulk and decent offenses that’s just it, they’re decent. When Swift Swim isn’t around Poliwrath sits at an awkward base 70 speed; Too slow for standard play, too fast for Trick room. Strong hits will bring it down quickly, sometimes so quickly that it doesn’t have time to do its job.

The Verdict: Sibling Issues. Poliwrath would have loved to get the same Dream World ability as Politoad. That being said, Poliwrath has its own strengths, and is a pokemon that can only be taken out reliably with raw power; its move pool is diverse enough to foil attempts to stat boost or inflict status on it.

Item: Sitrus Berry
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDf
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Moveset:
    - Belly Drum
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Ball
    - Low Sweep

This is a risky offensive set that Poliwrath can use.
    My current (Would-be) Team

Yup, pretty borderline.

sbktdreed, Psychic is never used on Spiritomb in RU. Hardly a counter, but Will-O-Wisp Spiritomb goes down as a good check to the physical set you mentioned.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

In the offensive variants of Poliwrath (minu swift swim variants), I could share a Few counters:

Rotom Cut (Mr. Mow the electric grass cutter) - both of its stabs give Poliwrath a reason to retreat. Mostly from the Choice Specs variant with a 140 power boosted Leaf storm or Thunder / bolt.

Cinccino (one of the Normal type Elites of RU) - her Bullet seed does enough damage against it whether Life orb or Choice Band (If crazy enough, Tail Slap). Note, on defensive sets though, he could switch on any of her attacks minus said bullet seed. Substitute + attacking is useless at all. So you might wanna go for a swift swim set for that. And hope lady cinccino is not wearing her own furry choice scarf.

Manetric and Galvantula (electric type predators) - Their thunder will pretty much shock Poli out of commotion unless it has swift swim and/or the electric wolf or spider is not choice scarfed.

Lilligant and Sceptile (The Grass Princess and the Grass Thief) - the grass counterpart of the 2 previous pokemon. With their Grass attacks, they have a surefire on defeating Michel Phelps's main pokemon. Moreso to Sceptile in terms of offense. Lilligant can sleep powder the frog fighter and set up Quiver dance. But it might backfire on defensive phazing sets. Sceptile is most of the time, on the kill.

Druddigon (bulky dragon of RU) - if not using Ice punch, its defensive sets will hurt him so badly with Rough skin as it retaliates back with its attacks
    Last edited by jireh the provider; 1st September 2013 at 3:34 PM.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

In HG/SS, my Poliwrath thrived in double battles, coupled with a resilient teammate that had Surf.

Careful Nature
    Ability Water Absorb
    252 HP
    Split ev's amongst defenses

Moveset
    Focus Punch
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch/Bulk Up
    Substitute

Unfortunately Poli can't learn Focus Punch in Gen V without migrating from earlier versions.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Hypnosis
    - Focus Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Waterfall

A great set. If you hit successfully with hypnosis, you can either gain power with bulk up or immediately take out the opponent with focus punch, since it OHKO's alot of OU. After a few boosts waterfall is incredibly powerful, especially in rain.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

Offensive Sub-Set:
    Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Waterfall
    - Circle Throw / Focus Punch
    - Ice Punch

Substitute fits well on this set because it blocks the burns it would normally get crippled by. Waterfall is a mandatory STAB move that has a handy 30% chance to flinch which can come in handy, and it also has a nice BP of 80. Circle Throw and Focus Punch is up to you. On one side of the spectrum, Circle Throw can be handy in phasing safely behind the sub to ensure you do phase, on the other side of the spectrum, Focus Punch has a whopping 150 BP, which it will always pull of due to the Sub, however it is very unreliable if you get into below sub health or you don't have the means to set it up, making it a waste of the moveslot. Ice Punch is a great coverage move, hitting the many Flying and Grass types that trouble this poor little frog.

Rain Dance Setter/SweeperL
    Poliwrath @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Punch
    - Waterfall
    - Rain Dance
    - Brick Break

This set may seem odd at first, but if you look into it it can really work. After the swift swim boost and the EV's listed, Poliwrath reaches a staggering 478, which outspeeds every pokemon in the game with the exception of faster Weather-Abusers and Deoxys-Speed. The three moves get unresisted coverage (minus shedinja who is killed by the rocks you set up) and hit pretty hard. This set is neat in the fact in can also aid other Swift Swim abusers too, while also getting rid of the Fire-Weakness of some Pokemon like Ferroseed.

This Set is Only for those who can get into the salty spitoon:
    Poliwrath @ Salac Berry
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Belly Drum
    - Waterfall
    - Brick Break

Yes, this set is very gimmicky, but very effective. If you manage to come in on a choice locked pokemon that is stuck with a water move, or are against those who don't ever carry anything else besides water moves, that's your chance. If this thing can set up a Sub, it is pretty much gg unless they have priority, which you should get rid of before attempting a sweep. In just two turns, this Poliwrath can go to + 1 Speed, + 6 Attack. Nothing can even handle that raw power! The combo of Sub+Belly Drum instantly gets you into Salac berry range. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed and set up the Sub on comon Qwilfishes. Seriously though, if this thing sets up: game over.

~~Sylveon~~

Poliwrath is a good all-around type of Pokemon. It has decent defenses, a usable Attack stat that is embarrassingly lower than that of Magmortar's.

Its Special Attack stat is actually usable (well maybe not in competitive play), and is not that much worse from Lanturn's. Using a Spec Attack Poliwrath is obviously gimmicky, but there would have been ways to make it work if Poliwrath had access to Bulk Up's counterpart Calm Mind. Paired with Ice Beam, Focus Blast and Scald and Swift Swim would have made Poliwrath a force to be reckoned with, but by the time you set up your first Calm Mind, the opponent would have figured out the rest of your moveset and either have found a way around it or would have easily beaten down Poli before it even gets a chance to attack. So using its Special Attack is a meh idea, and it is highly recommended that you DON'T bother caring about it.

Poli's speed is also a meh stat. Even when its speed is not so good, it makes up for it with Attack and defensive stats. Poliwrath could be used as a wall, or you could go the complete opposite way and use its very nice ability Swift Swim paired with Bulk Up to make it an all out attacker.

Feel My PoliWRATH
    Leftovers/Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    - Substitute
    - Bulk Up/Belly Drum
    - Focus Punch/Brick Break
    - Waterfall

This would be a doubles/triples set that would be used alongside a Surfer for healing reasons. Substitute is a must when paired with Focus Punch, as is Waterfall due to it getting STAB boosted. The choice comes between whether you want to be bulkier or a hard hitter. Using Bulk Up with an already powerful Focus Punch would be threatening, but using Focus Punch with Belly Drum is a good choice if you want a guaranteed OHKO on any bulky Pokemon with a normal effective move. Using Belly Drum means you have to depend much on whether the partner Pokemon can heal you up from the loss of HP. Alongside from the setting up of a sub, and using Belly Drum, if you have no means of recovery then you could be screwed. Bulk Up is a good choice as you will be able to take more hits, set up more subs and get more hits in as long as you have a Surfer alongside you. The item you choose is dependent on whether you want to gain more HP per turn (if you need to wait out getting the Surfer on the field), or whether you can sacrifice some HP and get it back within a few turns thanks to the Surfer.

Poli Want a Cracker? (Other Options)
    Circle Throw: Poliwrath does have access to Circle Throw, like the ever so popular Throh. Poli has enough HP and defenses to take a hit and then proceed to get the foe off the field while doing damage. Best used for sets that make Poliwrath bulky and have no need for its speed.
    Seismic Toss: You can use Seismic Toss as well if you are using Bulky Sets and can't raise Poli's attack stat high enough to make it useful.
    Earthquake, Rock Slide, Ice Punch, Payback, Low Sweep: All moves that are usable by Poliwrath, and can be useful depending on how you use it and what you use it with. They should be considered when thinking up of the perfect moveset.
    Rain Dance: If you have no means of setting up Rain for Poli to abuse alongside its Swift Swim, then hey, you can always have this Poke set it up by them self. Poli has enough Bulk to let it wait out a single turn before it starts Bulking up or starts launching straight-up attacks. Though this means you will have to sacrifice a moveslot.
    Last edited by 2406Blackbird; 1st September 2013 at 7:25 PM.

I need people for Friend Safari
    2DS friend code (Pokemon Y): 5000-2976-5362
    Send a private message my way if you add me.

Spoiler:- Previous In-Game Teams:

Hey Poli, Bye poli
    Poliwrath * Chesto berry
    EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Sp.def / 4 Def
    Nature: Sassy/Careful
    - Scald
    - Circle throw
    - Bulk Up
    - Rest / Hypnosis

More the bluky approach of Poliwrath, with his signature move in it, it's sort an signature due there are not many poks who learn it and
    it fits his design aswell. This poliwrath set requires SR/SPIkeS/P.Spikes support to utilize its full potential.
    Poliwrath is underrated, and can be suprising bulky to take out after an few Bulk ups. I prefer Chesto berry on it, so you can Set up some Bulk ups while your enemy would not really expect an Chesto on it. when he hits low Hp quickly use Rest and your ready to be annoying as chips.
    Last edited by Azulart; 1st September 2013 at 7:52 PM.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

The Frogs of Wrath

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
    - Waterfall
    - Circle Throw
    - Encore
    - Focus Punch

Poliwrath is one of those Pokemon who have really balanced stats (I'm looking at you, Flygon and Arcanine) allowing them to do a lot of stuff, and can go in a lot of different directions. This is good for versatility, but this makes them prone to not really having a niche or reason. As such, choose something that they can do, and chances are another Pokemon can do it better.

This set is fairly basic looking at a physically bulky approach to Poliwrath, and focuses on phasing and trapping sweepers into an encore. Waterfall is your basic STAB coming off of a healthy 80 power and can hit stuff pretty hard. Circle throw allows for phasing and is pretty strong at 60 (I don't think it has negative priority either, correct me if I'm wrong) so it's useful for taking out sweepers and abusing entry hazards. Encore is the..Core of this set (sorry) which ruins sweepers trying to set up a dragon dance or shell smash. Following that up with a circle throw or Focus Punch will put a dent into something that could've become very dangerous. Focus Punch is a bit risky but will blast holes into anything it manages to hit, so it's great after an encore or if you think it will attempt a setup.

Other options: Like I've said, Poliwrath is a pretty versatile Pokemon, but suffers in the fact it can't do anything that great. You can go in a lot of different directions; try a special approach, a resTalk set, stalling, Choice Scarf, all are viable with Poliwrath. It just might not be the best at doing it.

Counters: Something that can hit fast and hard should be able to take out a Poliwrath pretty well. Their defenses are only average, and speed is only at base 70 so it isn't a big problem. Specific counters would include Mespirit and Rotom.
    Last edited by Melonhead215; 1st September 2013 at 8:23 PM.
    ...Well, if you think I'm gonna type my name in some rediculous swirly cursive font, well, that's not happening. At least for now.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window" -Steve Wozniak

Hmm, it can be better than Politoed who'da thunk it 0_0

Bulky Offensive Toad Lilly pad froggy thing
    Careful
    Water Absorb
    @Leftovers
    Careful EV's 252 HP, 240 Sp.def, 12 Atk / Def
    Bulk Up
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake / Brick Break

Kinda gimmicky but hey if there are cursing Skarmory in OU and SB Blaziken in Ubers why the fu** not, bulk up builds up physical bulk while also adding more offensive power, waterfall is stabbed Ice Punch hits Grass Pokémon, earthquake and brick break have almost the same coverage except one hits electric well and the other dark Pokémon but brick break can break screens which can be helpful, water absorb is mainly so you can switch out a pokemon that would normally beOHKO's by water and just gives back HP instead, so instead of dead ryhperior you have a poliwrath thirsty for blood >:3
    Now THIS is a set, I swear we have more people who post here that don't know sh** about nature's and EV's or abilities than we have members on the forum >_>

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Poliwrath is a well-rounded Pokémon with a lot of potential. Then again, it's a well-rounded Pokémon with a lot of potential.

Stats:
    -HP - Good-bordering-Great - Base 90 is nothing to sneeze at. Not the best for Fighting Types or Water Types, but very delicious.
    -Attack - Above Average - A shaky start, I guess, but base 85 is still usable.
    -Defense - Great - Base 95 helps reinforce the "bulky Water" stereotype in a very good way. Plus, it carries considerable bulk that few Fighting Types are blessed with.
    -Sp.Atk - Below Average - Not the end of the world, but there is a little spark of potential in a Special-based 'wrath...I guess...
    -Sp.Def - Good-bordering-Great - Base 90 helps almost as much as that sweet Defense.
    -Speed - Dead Zone - Base 70 is just below my minimum for consideration into a non-Trick Room environment. However, there's always Swift Swim Ability.

Abilities:
    -Water Absorb - Great for defensive sets and good in general.
    -Damp - Why was this ever an Ability? Plus, Explosion got a huge nerf to its output.
    -Swift Swim - Water Absorb's offensive counterpart.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Default Frog pawnch!!!

@Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Waterfall
    Earthquake/Ice Punch/Rock Slide

Same old, same old SubPunch set, apply Substitute to block Status, mainly those pesky Will-O-Wisps, then Focus Punch the enemy until the Substitute fades or the opponent is a Ghost-type.
    Waterfall is the Water STAB of choice here, while Earthquake, Ice Punch and Rock Slide cover different threats depending of which types you hate the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Threat Rating of 2 on the Kralexian Scale
    Now for the off topic question, what's the Kralexian Scale for... let's see... Magikarp? Less than zero?
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Star Champion AJ View Post
    Now for the off topic question, what's the Kralexian Scale for... let's see... Magikarp? Less than zero?
    Negative 0.5 a.k.a. "Shoot whatever drink out of your nostrils from laughing so hard." Only Unown gets the lowest rating of negative 1.

Regarding 'wrath's Moves - Variety. Not so much in the Types, but in the added effects. Where Power fails, Poliwrath makes up for it in Status Effects, Stat Debuffs, and lack of predictability. Many of Poliwrath's Debuffs are well in its favor - Speed. Access to Rock Tomb, Low Sweep, Bulldoze, Mud Shot, and Icy Wind is a huge indicator of Poliwrath being able to bypass its low-ish non-Trick Room Speed. Plus, Body Slam's added Paralysis chance and Swift Swim from the Dream World just scream "I'm slow as Hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

On the subject of Body Slam's added Paralysis chance, Poliwrath has access to all 5 of the non-stacking Status Effects (Paralysis from Body Slam, Burns from Scald, Sleep from Hypnosis, Poisoning from Toxic & Poison Jab, and Freezing from Ice Punch, Ice Beam, & Blizzard) and 4 of the "troll effects" (Attraction, Confusion, Flinching, and Forced Switching). Poliwrath's offensive stats may be lackluster, but that doesn't mean it's a fair fighter - the plethora of effects at 'wrath's disposal means it's going to fight dirty and its bulk means it'll be able to get away with it for a decent while.
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

First off, don't hate me because my movesets suck, I'm new to competitive and hopefully this will help me get better at it. Second, I don't know much about EVs/IVs or natures, so I won't put them up much. Anyway, here I go...

Poliwrath@Sitrus Berry/Muscle Band/Leftovers
    Adamant nature
    Waterfall
    Brick Break/Focus Punch
    Substitute
    Bulk Up

This set was copied off everyone else, I just tried to think of a good strategy for the moves. The ability is your call, whatever you prefer you can use, I don't think this set will be affected by abilities. The items were kinda random, you can either power up your moves or heal from Substitute. Anyway, Waterfall and Brick Break are just general STABs, Focus Punch can be put together with Substitute to make Poliwrath a big threat, and while you got Substitute going you could power up with Bulk Up and be an even bigger threat.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Now on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hx6e69.png[/IMG]

Credit to the wonderfully skilled AWildMew.

^My guild.^ Closed because nobody joined. Oh well, I'll put it back up at some point. If you're interested in joining, VM me, I need the members.

Poliwrath is in an odd place in the RU tier. While it gets swift swim, a normally great ability, it is outclassed as a user of the ability mostly by Ludicolo, Kabutops, and Omastar, thanks to better a better typing and/or offenses. Its other ability is where its usefulness becomes evident though. Water Absorb combine with good 90/95/90 defenses make it a good tank, giving it a niche as a SubPuncher. Its movepool doesn't disappoint too much either; Encore, Bulk Up, Circle Throw, and ResTalk further imply it was meant for this role. Its typing also make it nearly perfect for countering physical behemoths such as Escavalier and Durant.

Countering
    Grass-types are what make Poliwrath squirm, and the RU tier is full of them. The best of them is Tangrowth, who only fear the strange Ice Beam (Special Poliwrath is horribly outclassed by others, so don't expect to see it), and the rare boosted Ice Punch. Rotom-C and Amoonguss make more good counters, though both still fear Ice Punch, and Rotom-C won't like a Focus Punch.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Poliwrath in UU:

In my very first UU team I included a poliwrath. Now the first thing that you will obviously think is "this team with a poliwrath has just wasted a spot." When I saw the team again just recently I immediately agreed. However after only a very fer battles I noticed that it actually shone in one particular role: breaking through the multiple popular bulky water types that inhabit the tier. While this is a bit of a niche role if you've been having trouble with swampert, milotic, and even some kingdra variants. Obviously poliwrath can force out any choice locked water type going for STAB, but even life orb, and Lefties sets can be forced out with Hypnosis. While its accuracy is shaky at best that fact is almost completely mitigated by the fact that most water types will carry coverage to deal with the more widely used Grass-type threats in the tier, the only real threat from the main Water-types comes from Specs-kingdra which usually carries HP-Electric but some good prediction can lead to a forced switch due to choice locking (especially if you run a ground type yourself) Hypnosis can be put on setup kingdra, swampert nearly always poses no threat whatsoever, and milotic is even less threatening. While Sharpedo sports a higher attach as well as speed boost, Poliwrath is resistant to both of it's STABs.

All in all Poliwrath, while a niche pokemon, can be very useful to deal with the Water types of UU

Poliwrath
    With its extremely tough muscles, it can keep swimming in the Pacific Ocean without resting.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
    Relaxed - Water Absorb
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Circle Throw
    ~Scald / Toxic

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Poliwrath @ Wide Lens/ Sitrus Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves: Belly Drum, Ice Punch, DynamicPunch, Waterfall
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/ 4 Def

Use this set in a double battle with a surfer as your partner. Belly Drum to cut HP and max out attack. Surf(from your teammate) will hit both opponents and restore some of Poliwrath's health. Ice Punch takes out Flying and Grass type threats. DYnamicPunch is a strong move that works well with Belly Drum and Wide Lens. Waterfall is a staple attacking move. Sitrus Berry is useful if you want to be more cautious.

3DS FC: 3480 3588 2591

Visit my Trade Shop!

ALL HAIL TOXIC ORB GLISCOR!