Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

Default Trailer Discussion Thread

Discuss the official Pokemon X and Y trailer here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

The trailer can be seen here:
    http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-gb/

And here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2MYbmIxzer8
    Last edited by bobandbill; 8th January 2013 at 1:43 PM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

The Parisian setting is very exciting! Paris has many iconic landmarks other than the Eiffel Tower that I'd hope to see make it into the game - who knows, perhaps this means we could someday see Game Freak's take on London?

I haven't had a unanimously positive reaction to BOTH box legendaries since... well, considering that Lugia and Ho-Oh didn't debut in the traditional sense (having both made separate appearances within the anime) EVER. Groudon excited me but Kyogre underwhelmed, Dialga and Palkia both looked nonsensical (and continue to right up to this very day), and although I quickly learned to love Zekrom, it took a lot of warming up to Reshiram's design... but this new pair: WOW. They're both excellent.
    Here's a question, in the close-up of the X-Deer's face, an "X" design is clearly integrated into the design of its eye.
    Although I'm sure that it's counterpart shares this aesthetic ('cept, y'know, with a "Y"), is anyone else UNable to view the "Y" design within the eye of Y-Dragon (perhaps "Y-Bird," I haven't reached a theoretical verdict yet)?

Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!
    Pokémon White friend code: 3697-0297-0043
    Nintendo 3DS friend code: 2320-6178-1681

seeking DW females
    can offer Marvel Scalew/ ExtremeSpeed (either gender)

Many people are discussing froakie and its wierdish appearance in that it appears to be an old man frog. It actually seems to me like it could be a tiny cloud cape.

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

These news were SO exciting, I am so ready for a new pokemon generation!

The 3D graphics are awesome and so refreshing. Encountering and battling pokemon will be so much fun. I can't wait to see how they will all move and react. I also very much enjoyed how encountering pokemon in the wild look. The roller skates are also a very nice and cute addition and I hope they replace the running shoes (hopefully no more holding the b button down to run, ha.).

About the starters I can only say one thing, awsome.
    Chespin; I love his chestnut design, and seeing how he also has some porcupine in him, I can see his final evolution going in to a really amazing direction.
    Fennekin; The idea of a fennec fox pokemon is just lovely. I also think that the fire typing fits very well to an animal that lives in the desert. I am really curious to see what route its evolution will take.
    Froakie; I really enjoy the colors of him and the cloud(?) on his back is cute. It's also nice that he looks more like a frog than a toad (like the tympole line). I hope his designs stays so sleek and doesn't end up making him too bulky.

I can't really decide yet which starter I like best, because I actually enjoy them all very much, though I am leaning towards Fennekin and Chespin the most. Can't wait to see their final stages. I am hoping that they go the black and white route with their final forms, and that they looks very different than everyone expected!

im really excited about all of the new places. i mean, we're already somewhere in the European hemisphere, so maybe we'll get to go all over the place this time. im thinking that good ole' Nin did this since they are going to try to release the game worldwide UNANIMOUSLY. yeah, its more than just a small coincidence

as for the pokemon released, im only sold on the Y-Legendary.the dragon/bird hasn't been overdone (think Lugia/Reshiram), so it still has a lot of life in it. the X-Legendary looks over done, and i'll just leave it at that. the starters are gonna take some time to warming up (thank goodness that i have a whole year to do so), so when the game rolls around, maybe i wont just ditch them in the PC for whatever field Poke i catch first. Fennekin is looking exaggerated, but it'll probably be my premier choice despite my roll through all games with Water Poke (you never go wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by FlygonParty View Post
    Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!
    i have to agree with you on this. now we just wait for everyone to hype it up. hopefully we wont be disappointed...
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

Quote Originally Posted by stranger1260 View Post
    notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

well I'll be, I didn't even notice that!
    So much change, it's scary :P

There is only ONE official gym in the trailer revealed. It seems to be ghost or psychic
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym
    And there's the gym with the room. It has the Unova gym sign on it, so it is a gym at the least.. Probably Psychic/Ghost, or Dark based on the deep purple color and moving room.

Anybody else had a feeling of when the character falls into the spiderweb that it looked like a 'Mii' being dropped?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I think this is the most that any announcement has revealed about a new gen. Definitely backs up the hype it got !

Gen 6 huh I haven't even finished gen 5, & i've only started competitively battling in Gen 5. I'll be looking forward to it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by stranger1260 View Post
    Perhaps, but we're looking only at the fighting-scenes. There's a good chance that the HP-bar moves when the pokemon attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Gen 6 huh I haven't even finished gen 5, & i've only started competitively battling in Gen 5. I'll be looking forward to it.
    Yeah... Dunno what to say.. I still remember giving Mijumaru the name Wotter when the shading was lifted.. Now we didn't even get to guess anymore.. I was like.. People, sit down, watch my history lesson, and whack, here's your new gen, eat it..

I didn't like it..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

The Trailer was perfect..not showing too much or showing too little..

Watching this trailer was probably the best way I could have started my day. I am really digging the new graphics. It looks really nice and playing the game with something other than sprites will be a very refreshing and exciting experience.

I didn't even have to get out of bed to see this

Gotta love tablets.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

These game look so cool. I've been waiting for battles similar to the mystery dungeon games and the pokemon themselves look so wonderful. I also love fenneking but froakie isn't that bad either =D I'm still n shock that we are getting a new gen only 3 years after the 5th O.O

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

how many guys here watched the trailer more than one ?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    how many guys here watched the trailer more than one ?
    I think I watched it 8 times or so, keep getting tears, its so nice

I love the trailer! I was all excited when I saw the little quick shadows of the new starters,
    love chespin, also the 2 legendarys, oh wow..I love the stag its so beutiful, I never could imagine cool Pokemon like this.
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

i watched it 3 times. XD
    i'll say this "i cant wait!"
    i think the thing that cought my attention the most was the swinging on the rope/vine.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i watched it 3 times. XD
    i'll say this "i cant wait!"
    i think the thing that cought my attention the most was the swinging on the rope/vine.
    Agreed. I wonder how they are going to implement that. And it's also interesting to point out how there's Pokemon from older gens in the video, most likely meaning we will have about a good 150-300 Pokemon again on the regional dex.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Well, it's been a while since a Fire type starter has taken my interest. Hopefully they don't make it another fire/fight type starter line. Three in a row is more than enough. Not really a fan of the other two starters though. That's usually the case for me anyway, so no big.

Yeah... They definitely didn't oversell it. Gen VI was the furthest from my mind when I was thinking about what this would be about. I thought it was going to be a R/S remake. This news is way better though!

Looks really cool, but at the same time, seems like I was just looking at Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy for the first time

Pokemon is just going to get bigger and bigger from her. I think its as big as it used to be in 1999.

Did anyone notice the statue across the lake in front of the mansion. There's a man, a golurk and what appears to be yet another new pokemon. It doesn't really look like anything we've had before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast