Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    Yes, you can send while boxes to your bank and then access it from another game
    That's awesome! I'm glad we only need a 3DS to trade between X/Y/"Z"/"remakes".

If the annual fee is something like 10 Euros I might be interested in renewing it yearly and actually using it. If it's any more than say...20 Euros I think I might find it hard to justify year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    If the annual fee is something like 10 Euros I might be interested in renewing it yearly and actually using it. If it's any more than say...20 Euros I think I might find it hard to justify year after year.
    500 yen is like roughly Ł3, €4, $5. If the prices are uniform it's a dirt cheap service people.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    500 yen is like roughly Ł3, €4, $5. If the prices are uniform it's a dirt cheap service people.
    Not too bad. So what still don't understand. Is Pokemon Bank online as in its something on your 3ds (that you get in the E-Shop) that connect to the internet or online as in like the Dream world where you have to log on to a webpage.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

The new Poke Bank and Poke Teleporter thing is neat. The only thing that puts me off is the annual fee, but $5 a year can't be that bad.

The Mega-Evolutions of the Kanto Starters are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    Not too bad. So what still don't understand. Is Pokemon Bank online as in its something on your 3ds (that you get in the E-Shop) that connect to the internet or online as in like the Dream world where you have to log on to a webpage.
    It is an eShop app that accesses the cloud through the 3DS. No webpage required (although I'll bet there'll be some way to check it on the Global Link).
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    It is an eShop app that accesses the cloud through the 3DS. No webpage required (although I'll bet there'll be some way to check it on the Global Link).
    Good. That means all I will have to do is get a Eshop card at my local story to pay for it. I don't like doing credit card stuff online for things like that because you don't know who is on the other end recieve that information.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    The new Poke Bank and Poke Teleporter thing is neat. The only thing that puts me off is the annual fee, but $5 a year can't be that bad.
    I agree with you here. The $5 a year is not too bad.
    But again, I really love these ideas.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

I still want to know how this hack check works, it's the only thing that could put me off. How does it decide what's legit? As I've said I've used a lot of WPM codes but if I breed them is the egg recognised as legit or what? I know it sounds dumb but I have no idea how this works. Single player problems.

Well isn't there an alternate way to utilize Pokemon Bank. I mean if some people are worried about the cost then they can just share the cost it along with there friends for a single account.
    Or else ask a friend to help him transfer his pokemons from the 5th gen to 6th gen by first trading his pokemon to that friends 5th gen game who would upload it to his account and then transfer it to his 6th gen game and then trade it back to you.
    I know thats a long and round-about way, but that is still a possibility for those who can't pay for Pokemon Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.
    Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.

I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

my only question I suppose is what/how the game determines is a hacked pokemon

Oh my goodness people, there will be a trial for the Poke Bank that lasts until Jan 31st, transfer all your stuff by then and shut up, it's only 500Yen which is about $5, wow if thats too much for you then maybe you shouldn't buy the games in the first place.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Yeah I read that post after I had posted.

That sounds perfect then. I'm glad it's a yearly charge to as opposed to a monthly.

very interesting reveal to come home on my lunch to lol

I bet MidnightFennekin is seething right now as he was trying to pin point holes in the rumour which im guessing has just proven itself to be true!

Mega Blastoise YES! love the design love everything about it!

also not to sure about having to pay yearly for the bank? also id like to know if the pokemon you send to it are transferable to all Gen 6 games or if you have to pay yearly for both if you have 2 games?

also great to know they are finally cracking down on hacked pokemon (though not sure how this will affect competitive play) but I guess this will even out the playing field a bit now as people will have to work to get good IV's and wont be able to transfer hacked pokes

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    free trial
    Doesn't help me because I don't use transfers in that way. I transfer my Pokemon as needed.

Hell, I even have a lot of Pokemon still on 4th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.
    Do you need to pay to use Poke Transporter? I've been getting conflicting information on this since it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.
    It's extortion because they're taking things that have been originally been free and putting a price tag on them. That decreases the value of the game.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th September 2013 at 2:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    very interesting reveal to come home on my lunch to lol

I bet MidnightFennekin is seething right now as he was trying to pin point holes in the rumour which im guessing has just proven itself to be true!

Mega Blastoise YES! love the design love everything about it!

also not to sure about having to pay yearly for the bank? also id like to know if the pokemon you send to it are transferable to all Gen 6 games or if you have to pay yearly for both if you have 2 games?

also great to know they are finally cracking down on hacked pokemon (though not sure how this will affect competitive play) but I guess this will even out the playing field a bit now as people will have to work to get good IV's and wont be able to transfer hacked pokes
    $5 annual fee, for all future games as well, mentioned in video.

Doesn't help me because I don't use transfers in that way. I transfer my Pokemon as needed.

Hell, I even have a lot of Pokemon still on 4th gen.
    So sad, once again its $5

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    So sad, once again its $5
    It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I suppose the only reason to have the bank is store pokemon on (which is great if you want to move pokemon around) but for all those people who just want their Gen 3/4/5 Pokémon just pay once upload then cancel your sub (you will get a year of transfer out of it at least)

It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.
    Bet you dont complain with DLC of other games, it's not like this is a new thing in video games, if you can afford the $40 for the main game its optional to pay $5 for an extra feature that is not part of the game, you are paying for a feature that makes for expanded gameplay..sound familiar?

Do you think cloned pokemon will be caught by pokemon bank? Are they considered hacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.
    So , you would rather catch hundreds of spare Pokemon and trade them one by one to transfer your Pokemon from a previous game ?

If you're able to buy a second 3DS then 5$ A YEAR shouldn't be too much.

And there'e always the free trail if you want a one time use.

I really like how the PokeBank allows you to transfer entire boxes without having to waste PokeBalls or time.

No more having to catch a whole bunch of Patrats for the sake of getting my old Pokemon into my new game.
    Black 2 FC : 4642-7325-4487

I know my name is too long...Just call me Kratos

Brace Yourself

I'm Back Serebii (At Least for now :P)

Adventure...

Cmon people, how many of you paid $15 monthly to play that mmorpg for years... now you guys are complaining to pay $5 a YEAR to have your beloved pokemons available until you die... cmon...

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Bet you dont complain with DLC of other games, it's not like this is a new thing in video games, if you can afford the $40 for the main game its optional to pay $5 for an extra feature that is not part of the game, you are paying for a feature that makes for expanded gameplay..sound familiar?
    It's not expanded gameplay, though. We've had cross gen transfers in every game since DP.

the pokebank is not that bad.
    hmm and i guess i'll start with chespin, squirtle and event torchic hue

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast