Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

MegaCharizardis still FIRE/FLYING no dragon

Pokemon transfer- Yes.
    Pokemon- Yes. Fee doesn't bother me.
    Kanto starters YES!
    Kanto Starter Mega Evolutions- oh yes! I want to see the reactions from Genwunners!
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

we get the kanto starters early in-game?... why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Honestly I felt the it was a good direct. While there wasn't anything monumental I still enjoyed it. The whole mega evolution process was cool and the I will be get that red 3DSXL. The pokebank is a great idea and I don't mind it being a paid service if it's being continually updated.

Is MegaCharizard Fire/Dragon now?

C'mon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

It was a bit lag filled for me, so just to clarify - in order to transfer pokemon from black/white/v1/v2 you have to transfer them to the bank...which you have to pay for? Little disappointing if that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    because they can

Most likely to show the new game mechanic that is Mega Evolutions.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

So does this verify that we have to PAY to transfer our old Pokemon up to X/Y? If so, that is absolutely ludicrous. Easily the worst news ever for this generation.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Wynaut? At least it breaks old patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by AwaitingOctober View Post
    It was a bit lag filled for me, so just to clarify - in order to transfer pokemon from black/white/v1/v2 you have to transfer them to the bank...which you have to pay for? Little disappointing if that's correct.
    Yeah, but Bank is to be compatible with future titles and requires constant matienence, an annual fee is not a bad thing as long as it's not unreasonable. I'm just worried its' going to be a lot :l

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Is MegaCharizard Fire/Dragon now?

C'mon.
    It must be.
    He's way more draconic in his megaevo form.

does anybody else get the felling this game is gunna a little harder then the rest i mean there giving use 3 starters from day 1

Do you guys think that you'll really be using Pokemon Bank for more than a year?
    You can transfer all of your Pokemon into XY within a week or less. Unless you guys plan on storing them on the bank forever.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    So does this verify that we have to PAY to transfer our old Pokemon up to X/Y? If so, that is absolutely ludicrous. Easily the worst news ever for this generation.
    You have to PAY because using such a service for a long time with a good security demands that. At least you make sure nothing wrong happens to it while they are stored (like the system crashes and all your mons say goodbye to you).

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    I'll be amazed if the fee is $5 a month.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will be $15 a year... maybe $20 at most.
    Kotaku is saying that it is only 500 yen a year or $5 bucks a year. If that is true.... I am completely on board....

Wow, that was interesting.
    Im more excited about Pokemon Tranferer but that involves buying Bank. qq
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by gullshen View Post
    does anybody else get the felling this game is gunna a little harder then the rest i mean there giving use 3 starters from day 1
    I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Do you guys think that you'll really be using Pokemon Bank for more than a year?
    You can transfer all of your Pokemon into XY within a week or less. Unless you guys plan on storing them on the bank forever.
    I'll probably use it for one year, like you said. I mean.. if I ever want to store them in the bank again, I can always pay the fee again. So if I'm not doing any actual transferring, I don't see why I need it. I'm hoping the Bank / Transfer system includes a legitimacy check..

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

In reply to gullshen's post: Who cares? We are getting 3 starters, with little effort in getting them, and at least 3 of them mega evolve. I say BRING IT ON!
    White FC: "Jake": 0003-4145-8282
    White 2 FC: "Jake": 1765-4231-5299
    3DS FC: "Jake": 0920-0726-0902
    Friend Safari: Grass – Quilladin, Ivysaur, Tangela
    Hatched a Shiny using MM on 21/08/14 — 27th egg!
    SR Shinies: . Currently hunting

Total shinies caught on Y: 45 as of last count

I will not accept or trade hacks. Clones of legit pokes, and RNG pokes ok, but please tell me first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Yeah, but Bank is to be compatible with future titles and requires constant matienence, an annual fee is not a bad thing as long as it's not unreasonable. I'm just worried its' going to be a lot :l
    You know what, I didn't think of it like that. As you said, just hopefully it's a fair price - i'm sure it will be.

Well, I know I'm still excited for X and Y then! Nothing I've really disliked so far. It's all new and exciting. As far as I'm concerned the Mega-Evo's are just another free plus. It's not like they are sacrificing new pokemon or game play for the addition of Mego-evos. Just a cool optional feature

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    We get Gen 1 Starters in X and Y it seems

Mega Kanto starters seem to be confirmed
    so pokebeach leaker got another right

Of course. I mean unless you missed it, Pokemon Bank is to be compatible with all future iterations of the Pokemon Franchise for handheld. So yeah, if there is no way to transfer between gen 6 & 7.

Also, lest you forget, many people don't own "Two" 3DS consoles, so a fee of say $15 a year to allow unlimited transfer, using just one console, is stupendous news, rather than forking out another $170.

Plus what if you want to train a Pokemon in B/W or B2/W2, you're gonna want to transfer it over to X/Y at some point for competitive gameplay or just to see its badass in 3D.
    Last edited by kirkeastment; 4th September 2013 at 1:34 PM.

I'll only need it for one day
    Let's hope you can pay for a one time year use

Guess XandY had to have a downside at some point
    Its okay I guess
    But I don't use my credit card a lot, guess I better start

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Assuming the Bank doesn't cost too much there are still things I need to know - held items and especially eggs. If I can send these from Black to X and Y (assuming it doesn't care if the items were hacked in) then I'll gladly pay for one year's service.

I have always enjoyed Pokemon because they DIDN'T charge awful mini-transactions for everything like so many other games do. And now they are taking a basic ability we have had for free for YEARS, and charging us a fee for it. How long before they start selling expansion packs or items or event pokemon? This is a step in the WRONG direction.

And I have HUNDREDS of Pokemon on my Black save file. There's no way I'll be able or even want to transfer them all at once. Not saying I'll not be able to do it all within a year, but... who knows? The point is, it's absurd that suddenly I have to pay for something I've been able to do for free for years. I have two 3DS'... I just hope there's a way to transfer with them.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast