Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Do you guys think that you'll really be using Pokemon Bank for more than a year?
    You can transfer all of your Pokemon into XY within a week or less. Unless you guys plan on storing them on the bank forever.
    Bank is compatible with future titles, so they said today, so yeah, you would need to use it in the future I imagine this is how they plan to transfer from now on

twittertumblrlast.fm

Wow this Direct was making me more sad than exited.

First of all pokemon bank is a really good idea for the people that need it, for those that don't it sucks that we have to pay for pokemon bank, even if we just want to use pokemon transfer to get our pokemon from b&w/b&w2 to x&y. I'm also afraid their are going to go insane with those mega evolutions. I don't want to be forced to use a mega evolution to stay competative, which I hope won't be the case but I do expect it to be the case.

Other than that it's neat that we get the Kanto starters from the professor.

Everyone who says that "genwunners" will hate this, shut the f*** up. No one's got time to look at your blabbering labeling and judging. I f****** love the Kanto mega evolutions!

Venesaur with Thick Fat, mu ovaries... ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by gullshen View Post
    does anybody else get the felling this game is gunna a little harder then the rest i mean there giving use 3 starters from day 1
    Well there are many more rivals this time around, that could be a reason as to why. That, and perhaps there seems to be more interesting typings too.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    Of course. I mean unless you missed it, Pokemon Bank is to be compatible with all future iterations of the Pokemon Franchise for handheld. So yeah, if there is no way to transfer between gen 6 & 7.

Also, lest you forget, many people don't own "Two" 3DS consoles, so a fee of say $15 a year to allow unlimited transfer, using just one console, is stupendous news, rather than forking out another $170.

Plus what if you want to train a Pokemon in B/W or B2/W2, you're gonna want to transfer it over to X/Y at some point for competitive gameplay or just to see its badass in 3D.
    This is exactly right. In fact, I had considered buying a 2DS for $130 just for transferring if need be. But, alas, not necessary. People also forget, cloud storage is not cheap. Of course we have to pay for the added security.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    because they can
    nobody likes a smart ***

Quote Originally Posted by Izanagi View Post
    Most likely to show the new game mechanic that is Mega Evolutions.
    and ya that's true makes enough sense. I guess it's just weird kuz you're basically given 2 pokemon from the get-go. It also takes away the feeling of exclusivity to the kanto region IMO but whatever I'll definitely take advantage of it and get myself a squirtle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Pokemon is entering the lame video game market of mini-transactions for stuff we used to be able to do for free. How long before they start charging fees for "expansion packs" or rare items or event pokemon?

Pokemon Bank is a step in the wrong direction for the franchise.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I have always enjoyed Pokemon because they DIDN'T charge awful mini-transactions for everything like so many other games do. And now they are taking a basic ability we have had for free for YEARS, and charging us a fee for it. How long before they start selling expansion packs or items or event pokemon? This is a step in the WRONG direction.

And I have HUNDREDS of Pokemon on my Black save file. There's no way I'll be able or even want to transfer them all at once. Not saying I'll not be able to do it all within a year, but... who knows? The point is, it's absurd that suddenly I have to pay for something I've been able to do for free for years. I have two 3DS'... I just hope there's a way to transfer with them.
    As if a SECURE cloud system was cheap to maintain data for years... We are not talking about a simple 3DS app here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Bank is compatible with future titles, so they said today, so yeah, you would need to use it in the future I imagine this is how they plan to transfer from now on
    I guess I missed that bit of information. As long as the fee is reasonable, I'm good.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Pokemon is entering the lame video game market of mini-transactions for stuff we used to be able to do for free. How long before they start charging fees for "expansion packs" or rare items or event pokemon?

I agree. I will not use Pokémon Bank if it isn't for free.

I'm hoping that the bank will be a one off thing for this gen
    And we can go back to the old way of transfaring afterwards

Well, the bank could stay so people can collect a lot of pokemon
    But the poke transfare should go back to the normal way after gen6

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I hope there's another way to transfer Pokemon besides buying Pokemon Bank. I really hate having to pay additional fees for Video Games. :/ It's why I don't play WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    As if a SECURE cloud system was cheap to maintain data for years... We are not talking about a simple 3DS app here.
    Great. I don't WANT a cloud system. I just want a Poke-Transfer. There should be (and there may still, but I doubt it) a way to transfer from previous generations without having to get this cloud. If that is the case, then it's no harm. If it isn't, then this just stinks because it's forcing long-time players to pay a fee.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I've decided: I NEED a time machine, yesterday. I can't wait any more!
    White FC: "Jake": 0003-4145-8282
    White 2 FC: "Jake": 1765-4231-5299
    3DS FC: "Jake": 0920-0726-0902
    Friend Safari: Grass – Quilladin, Ivysaur, Tangela
    Hatched a Shiny using MM on 21/08/14 — 27th egg!
    SR Shinies: . Currently hunting

Total shinies caught on Y: 45 as of last count

I will not accept or trade hacks. Clones of legit pokes, and RNG pokes ok, but please tell me first.

On X & Y's official website it says Pokemon Bank will have a free trail period after the Launch of the application. I guess everything will be available I'm sure most will take advantage of it to transfer Pokemon from B/W, B2/W2 to X & Y.
    For the most part I don't care if there's an annual fee. The worst that it can be is like $5 possibly a little more, and you only have to pay it once a year that's nothing.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Being compatible with all future titles so it's there forever is definitely points in Bank's favour I mean a lot of people would get annoyed if there was no cross-gen transferring. I just need more info. I don't know if I'd commit to it but if it's not massively expensive I'll just pay as needed unless they take away trading between other gen 6 titles (remakes/sequels) but I don't see them doing something like that.

The money to maintain a cloud service for the indefinite future doesn't come out of thin air. A fee makes sense for what Bank is and what they want to do with it. The problem will come if it's exorbinant. No one's shelling out more than 5-10 bucks for this really. 15 ceiling. You can't maintain something like this and not charge for it, cloud tech is still expensive and they need the money to run it so they can continue to use this one system for transfers for the indefinite future. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

twittertumblrlast.fm

I am okay with Pokemon Bank being a fee especially if its only once a year. Besides I will only you use it once or twice to transfer my pokemon to each new generation when it comes out. Plus you can transfer whole boxes at one time instead of 6 at a time. Thank you game freak. I am wondering how early you can transfer because I totally want my Black Charizard to receive a Megastone and Mega evolve. (Drooling right now). By the way Wulava. Do you know how quickly Serebii will post the video of the Direct. For some reason my browser didn't work and I couldn't watch it.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I guess I missed that bit of information. As long as the fee is reasonable, I'm good.
    The fee is supposedly only $5 bucks a year. And from what I'm guessing it is gonna be used to crack down on fakes and cheats... since with matchmaking and street pass having a dude with 6 perfect evs/ivs mega mewtwos on his team free to do whatever is no beuno.

Will probably choose Squirtle but I won't be training it until after the main storyline. One starter is enough.

I hope the fee for the bank isn't too high, since I can only see myself using it to transfer pokemon.

I always get both games, and it's a hassle getting a second system to trade among the two. I'm guessing that the Pokemon Bank will fix that!

As a lot of you know, Zelda's Wind Waker HD is bundled in Wii Us that come out before the actual hard copy of the game is released. Is that what this 3DS will be like? I'm assuming that the games will be programmed on them, at least... Are some people going to start their Pokemon X or Pokemon Y journey on the 27th?
    I've gotten into IV Breeding. I'll breed any Pokemon that can, just ask and I'll see what I can do!

What happened after Ruby and Sapphire? This is my interpretation. Click the banner to read!
    Latest: Chapter 5: Power Plant Problems
    The banner was made by Brutaka

Friend safari:
    1676-3751-9706

The annual fee worries me a bit, but I don't think it'll be a big deal as long as it's cheap and as long as Poketransporter is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Great. I don't WANT a cloud system. I just want a Poke-Transfer. There should be (and there may still, but I doubt it) a way to transfer from previous generations without having to get this cloud. If that is the case, then it's no harm. If it isn't, then this just stinks because it's forcing long-time players to pay a fee.
    If there was another way to transfer our Pokémon without using the cloud system I'm sure they would have said something during this Pokémon Direct. Pokémon Bank is secure but that has a cost since it's not easy to maintain all that data for years, as I said. It's not as if you were paying DLCs to get new content or something that could be in the games as free since the start...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    On X & Y's official website it says Pokemon Bank will have a free trail period after the Launch of the application. I guess everything will be available I'm sure most will take advantage of it to transfer Pokemon from B/W, B2/W2 to X & Y.
    For the most part I don't care if there's an annual fee. The worst that it can be is like $5 possibly a little more, and you only have to pay it once a year that's nothing.
    Great!!
    I'll use the trial and that's all
    I'm now happy again

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Great to hear no hacks allowed in the bank, hopefully they crack down on hacks via trade too.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast