Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

-Generic comment about not using the Bank because it costs-

I highly doubt it's going to cost much. Ł10/$15 at most. And if millions of people use it then they'll easy cover the servers costs.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    The money to maintain a cloud service for the indefinite future doesn't come out of thin air. A fee makes sense for what Bank is and what they want to do with it. The problem will come if it's exorbinant. No one's shelling out more than 5-10 bucks for this really. 15 ceiling. You can't maintain something like this and not charge for it, cloud tech is still expensive and they need the money to run it so they can continue to use this one system for transfers for the indefinite future. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.
    As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

"It was also revealed that Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter prevent hacked Pokémon from transferring."

This is great. It will also work has hack check to make sure all my Pokémon are legit (those that were traded).

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do.
    Transporter comes with Bank, it's the only way to trade cross-gen it seems.

And looks like you cant store hacked pokemon in the bank nor transfer them from the gen 5 games! If that works im so happy about it!

Okay, paid cross gen transfers is pretty much complete ********, that's one of those things that shouldn't be paid for in the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Okay, paid cross gen transfers is pretty much complete ********, that's one of those things that shouldn't be paid for in the games.
    Agreed
    But there is a free trial
    So we can just use the trial, transfers all and then don't purchase

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

As its name recalls, it's a BANK... banks charge you for their service. And i think it's fair enough to pay for an additional service like this one, you wont only use it in gen 6 but in gen 7 and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    "It was also revealed that Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter prevent hacked Pokémon from transferring."
    Well guess those legendaries on Black aren't going anywhere then. It's kinda crappy when some people have had to use modifiers in order to actually complete the game and now it's almost like being punished for being a single player - I know it's just an unfortunate side effect but still. I'm assuming that a Pokemon that was bred from a WPM-hacked in one will class as legit? Sorry I don't know how it determines what's "hacked" and what isn't.

As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.
    As has been said, there's a free trial period you can use to move all your pokemon over and get them into your X/Y and then you can be done with the system

twittertumblrlast.fm

Then use it during the free trail period I'm sure you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from Gen V to VI during that time.
    But honestly I don't see what the big deal is, it's only going to be like $5 a year.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You do realize that cloud storage costs a lot of money? And that it contains hack-checks? And that Poke Bank is paid and Poke Transfer isn't an annual fee, just a 1 time?

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

I wonder if the trial will have a transfer cap on it.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Agreed
    But there is a free trial
    So we can just use the trial, transfers all and then don't purchase
    Way to take advantage of the system. No precise detail on how the trail works right?

I'd just like to point this out for those of you getting your backs up about Pokemon Bank.

1) You can feel free to not use it.

2) You're not going to lose your Pokemon from B/W/B2/W2, so just use them on those games still, if you love them so much.

3) Perhaps some of you aren't old enough to know this, but Gold/Silver & Crystal had no way to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So its not the first time cross generational trading hasn't been in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Well guess those legendaries on Black aren't going anywhere then. It's kinda crappy when some people have had to use modifiers in order to actually complete the game and now it's almost like being punished for being a single player - I know it's just an unfortunate side effect but still. I'm assuming that a Pokemon that was bred from a WPM-hacked in one will class as legit? Sorry I don't know how it determines what's "hacked" and what isn't.
    Well I guess this was made to prevent those Reshiram lv.1

Even though the website doesn't say it, didn't the video say that it is an annual charge. If it is then my 5-15 bucks would be worth it.

How I'm sure most people feel:

Spoiler:- Image Macro:

I don't think they'll pull something like forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon. There must be an option for transferring then straight to X or Y using but not actually storing them on the cloud.

As long as the service isn't extortionate (i.e. more than Ł10), I'll have no qualms with it. The cheaper it is, the more people will use it and the more likely it'll still be supported in five years time and not go the way of My Pokemon Ranch.
    Last edited by SprSncConzor; 4th September 2013 at 2:00 PM.
    I play games but mainly Sonic, Zelda or Pokémon...

I have successfully captured 491 legal Pokémon in Diamond and am working on Gen V

Lv. 100 Team I have almost finished raising...:

My deviantART: http://supersonicconzor.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by johnyboy169 View Post
    I wish that they would of made the whole mega evalutions thing an "annual fee" thing to make it more optional instead of just putting it in game :/.
    So wait, you would have wanted to pay for something that is now free. Alrighty then...

Again, you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Hey guys. There's a free trial period for Pokemon Bank shortly after release. If you desperately want your pokemon to be transferred then do it during those first few weeks/months and never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by SprSncConzor View Post
    As long as the service isn't extortionate (i.e. more than Ł10), I'll have no qualms with it.
    It's 500 yen a year in Japan - that's about Ł3.

Pokémon Bank is released in Japan on December 25th for 500 Yen a year

I'm loving the idea of Pokemon Bank and Transfer. Storing up to 3k Pokemon, It has hack-check which is fantastic, and only the Bank will have the annual fee which at the most could be $15 but most likely only $5.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    So it won't be right away anywhere in the world. Well that stinks...nice Christmas gift though.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thank you Serebii.

So for those not mathematically qualified to know this;

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast