Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!
    -The XY Site

Just transfer all the Pokémon you want during the trial period and you don't have to pay a cent. Besides, I'm sure Game Freak thought long and hard about charging for this service. I'm certain that a circa $5 annual (as in, per year) fee is only what they deem absolutely necessary to beef security on this service and cover development and maintenance costs. Game Freak has never intentionally screwed us in terms of money in the past, and I highly doubt that they'd begin doing so now.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

I was disappointed by the direct. We got the information we were expecting, how to transfer between gens and that was it. I personally don't like mega evolution and have no intention on ever using them so the new megas were a waste of time for me.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    It's 500 yen a year in Japan - that's about Ł3.
    I'm happy with that
    Deoxys chaser

3DS XL FRIEND CODE: 1564-4646-8783

PM me if you have registered my 3DS FC and i will add yours

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    So it won't be right away anywhere in the world. Well that stinks...nice Christmas gift though.
    Well it looks like they're still finishing the transfer system so it probably won't be fully ready once the games are released.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeastment View Post
    3) Perhaps some of you aren't old enough to know this, but Gold/Silver & Crystal had no way to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So its not the first time cross generational trading hasn't been in-game.
    I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    -The XY Site

Just transfer all the Pokémon you want during the trial period and you don't have to pay a cent. Besides, I'm sure Game Freak thought long and hard about charging for this service. I'm certain that a circa $5 annual (as in, per year) fee is only what they deem absolutely necessary to beef security on this service and cover development and maintenance costs. Game Freak has never intentionally screwed us in terms of money in the past, and I highly doubt that they'd begin doing so now.
    You don't consider $15 for Pokedex 3D Pro "screwing people over"?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th September 2013 at 2:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by aurath8
    Hey guys. There's a free trial period for Pokemon Bank shortly after release. If you desperately want your pokemon to be transferred then do it during those first few weeks/months and never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetamale
    It's 500 yen a year in Japan - that's about Ł3.
    Couldn't say fairer than that. I'm in.
    I play games but mainly Sonic, Zelda or Pokémon...

I have successfully captured 491 legal Pokémon in Diamond and am working on Gen V

Lv. 100 Team I have almost finished raising...:

My deviantART: http://supersonicconzor.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SprSncConzor View Post
    I don't think they'll pull something like forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon. There must be an option for transferring then straight to X or Y using but not actually storing them on the cloud.
    I sure as hell hope so.

I mean I like the idea, however there needs to be some kind of free method of some kind, since I doubt I will use this "cloud" idea very much. I want directness, if I want my Pokemon stored on the internet, fine, and for future generations, fine, but I don't want to deal with that right now.

Although if I get a job, I won't care about it as much.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Wait, I'm confused. The news said that we will have to pay for bank storage and that it will come with Pokémon transporter. Does that mean there will be a separate app called Pokémon Transporter for transferring Pokémon for free?
    Favorite Team:

Thank you Serebii.

So for those not mathematically qualified to know this;

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)
    What is that in American Dollars (a roundabout number)?
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.
    free trial

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    So, if you don't pay the fee, you lose your Pokemon, I guess?
    I'm pretty sure if you don't pay the fee and your Pokémon are in the box they will keep them there until you pay.
    Some of my favorite Pokémon (In no particular order.):

Thank you Serebii.

So for those not mathematically qualified to know this;

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)
    I've had two 3DS' for about a year (ever since the 3DS XL came out). So it wasn't going to be any extra cost to me initially. Oh, just like PokeTransferring USED to be.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

I'm ok with the fee and grateful there's a free trail if I just want to speed transfer my gen 5 mons.

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3148-2744
    PM me if you want to exchange

I'm glad i'm not really that much into transferring all my pokemon to the newest game. So i won't be using the bank with its annual charge. yes, its not much, but i still dont see the value in it, i'll just train the pokemon from new and trade for the ones not available in the x/y games.

Feel free to add me for friendsafari, just make sure to PM me so i can add you back
    N3DS_FC: 2981-6076-5995
    Type is Ice, with Spheal, Bergmite and Cloyster!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    What is that in American Dollars (a roundabout number)?
    500 yen is about Ł3 so about $5. Assuming the prices are uniform. Which seems pretty reasonable for a yearly fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. The news said that we will have to pay for bank storage and that it will come with Pokémon transporter. Does that mean there will be a separate app called Pokémon Transporter for transferring Pokémon for free?
    Poke transporter is the app that will allow you to transfer pokemon from be to poke bank. Once there you can transfer over to xy

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I've had two 3DS' for about a year (ever since the 3DS XL came out). So it wasn't going to be any extra cost to me initially. Oh, just like PokeTransferring USED to be.
    #1stworldproblems

Not everyone has or can even afford a second 3DS, so they'd be SOL without the service that costs infinitely less.

But YOU are all prepared so the service should cater to YOU and your ability to have two 200 dollar consoles readily at your disposal

twittertumblrlast.fm

Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?

I have successfully captured 491 legal Pokémon in Diamond and am working on Gen V

Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?
    Yes, I don't think there's anything stopping you from using this as a means of mass trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I would assume so yes. It would be rather humiliating if the service couldn't trade to and from 6th generation games.

Yes, you can send while boxes to your bank and then access it from another game

Okay, I am seriously flipping out over the news .
    Not only do we get transferring, but we get a cloud-like storage system that allows people like me who only have 1 3DS to trade between X and Y!
    I am so very excited for this. (even though part of it is paid....). But who knows? It could really be worth it.

I knew that I would wake up to good news.........................................:P.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    That has possibilities. Of course Infrared Trading is just as easy but will see if I use it that way.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Pretty hyped that we can get Kanto Starters...
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark
    This is beautiful. I can now purchase the download version worry-free, full knowing I can use the bank to move any Pokemon I want to any new games that come out!

Looking back to when I first got Platinum and I had to move my Pokemon from Diamond through trading (and catching many Bidoofs and Starlys in the process), this is a dream come true!

Of course the question now remains if items can be transferred from Gen V to Gen VI. I somehow think the answer would be yes, as long as Game Freak have learned from their item index mistakes between Gen IV and V!

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast