Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Considering ive never traded between generations, Pokebank shouldnt be a big deal for me.

Did make me realize though, that i wont be able to trade between X and Y like i was planning on (Only have one 3DS).

When do we recieve the Kanto starters though?

$5 is really worth it. We;re talking about a hack-free and secure cloud storage.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

For me it's not about the money but about the principle. In fact, I know for sure the majority don't even care about those 5 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.
    Then take advantage of the free trail for the first couple of weeks/month, and never use it again problem solved. Honestly though your complaining about being charged an annual fee of $5(annual means Yearly btw). If your willing to spend $40 on the game $5 shouldn't be such bother you at all.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Do you think cloned pokemon will be caught by pokemon bank? Are they considered hacks?
    I do not kno. I for one use only shiny hacks. (just because I was curious of what they looked like and didn't kno this site existed then) but I caught them normally they were just shiny. and does this "gimmck" only work for pokemon obtained in the black and white games? I would assume so since cheats from previous version work differently than current ones. all my "hacked" pokemon came from DPPt. hmmm I just kno if they don't let me get my shiny mewtwo (which may or maynot be legit as I got him from the GTS) imma rage.

I have a question.

Why is Magnezone female?

Seriously starting to hope this thread gets closed before it descends into anarchy over the Pokémon Bank annual fee. We've all stated our opinions on it, now it's turning into a game of proving whose opinion is right...
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

It's not expanded gameplay, though. We've had cross gen transfers in every game since DP.
    Like I said, it's $5 Annualy, can't afford that? Ok, It's optional, when you own a franchise you make the decisions.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Then take advantage of the free trail for the first couple of weeks/month, and never use it again problem solved. Honestly though your complaining about being charged an annual fee of $5(annual means Yearly btw). If your willing to spend $40 on the game $5 shouldn't be such bother you at all.
    Problem not solved. Cross gen transfers have always been free forever, suddenly adding a price tag to them is extortion.

And like I said, the trial doesn't help because I transfer stuff as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Like I said, it's $5 Annualy, can't afford that? Ok, It's optional, when you own a franchise you make the decisions.
    It's less options for the same amount of money, that's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Oh it's only $5 annually? That's not bad actually. I was considering just using Pokecheck or whatever to transfer my Pokemon like I do now.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Do you need to pay to use Poke Transporter? I've been getting conflicting information on this since it was announced.
    Poke Transporter requires Pokemon Bank in order for you to use it. Essentially, you use Pokemon Bank to store the Pokemon you get from the listed DS games via Poke Transporter. It's a separate function, and you don't pay for it separately. The only thing you pay for is Pokemon Bank annually.

It's extortion because they're taking things that have been originally been free and putting a price tag on them. That decreases the value of the game.
    McDonald's had free ranch dressing packets in my city for quite some time. It only became recently that they started charging 25 cents for them. I guess that must be extortion too.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    and to be fair it only applies for excess pokemon. the transfer app they already sad is free and will allow u to bring over all ur black and white pokemon anyway. so unless u plan on catching 1000+ pokemon I doubt you'll ever pay a fee or need the pokebank....for this generation atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    $5 is really worth it. We;re talking about a hack-free and secure cloud storage.
    Can we please discuss the hack check thing? I need to know if I can use the Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    I have a question.

Why is Magnezone female?
    Oh god.

It's either a mistake (Game footage not final) or genderless Pokemon will be removed entirely !

Yeah , probably a mistake.
    Black 2 FC : 4642-7325-4487

I know my name is too long...Just call me Kratos

Brace Yourself

I'm Back Serebii (At Least for now :P)

Adventure...

It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.
    You're being charged to maintain a cloud service into the indefinite future and ensure it's compatibility with pokemon titles for years to come. If you think you're so entitled that that technology should just come to you free than you're an idiot. Cloud tech is expensive and running a system like this for the amount of traffic it will get costs money. Money that's not just going to pop out of thin air. Five dollars is nothing for what they're offering and if you don't like it just suck it up and do it all at once during the trial.

It's not like it's a webpage that has ad space to generate profit, it's on the 3DS, they'd literally be at an extreme loss if they didn't charge

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Can we please discuss the hack check thing? I need to know if I can use the Bank.
    lol i'll discuss it with u. this bothers me as well

Quote Originally Posted by pikasaur View Post
    Did make me realize though, that i wont be able to trade between X and Y like i was planning on (Only have one 3DS).
    you can just use Poke bank

Pokémon Bank simply allows you to store up to 3,000 Pokémon within 100 boxes on the Internet, away from the boxes you have in your game. With this, you also have the ability to transfer content between various Pokémon X & Y games.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    if your pokemon are hacked.... they wont transfer

that's very vague tho. wat qualifies as hacked and how are the concerns

It's not expanded gameplay, though. We've had cross gen transfers in every game since DP.
    I wouldn't call it extortion so much as a transfer of who's getting the short end of the stick. Up until now it was the people who either didn't have people to trade with or a second system; the only difference now is that the people who were prepared then have to shell out $5 to do their business. It sucks (but not that much) for the previously prepared, but I'd say it's an acceptable thing. Especially given the future compatibility of the feature.

Well overall I must say I am a little disappointed at the news. Was hoping for starter evos honestly. Maybe Next Coro Coro.
    I will admit the cloud thing is nice. 5 bucks a year is very reasonable.
    Unenthused about the Mega Kanto Starters
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Kyubeon View Post
    that's very vague tho. wat qualifies as hacked and how are the concerns
    a pokemon caught or created by outside devices is hacked not sure about clones

Ugghh no Limited X & Y Gold console? That's just a minor disappointment though.... I'll be gettin the Blue one then!
    Mega Masquerain[Bug/Water]with Prankster

[70/20/92/120/122/90]

That's it I'm demanding Freeze Dry Masquerain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    You're being charged to maintain a cloud service into the indefinite future and ensure it's compatibility with pokemon titles for years to come. If you think you're so entitled that that technology should just come to you free than you're an idiot. Cloud tech is expensive and running a system like this for the amount of traffic it will get costs money. Money that's not just going to pop out of thin air. Five dollars is nothing for what they're offering and if you don't like it just suck it up and do it all at once during the trial.
    I have no problem with being charged for the cloud storage services. I have a problem with being charged for cross gen transfers. If I'm paying $40 for a game, I expect to get my money's worth. The game is losing value by taking a feature that is traditionally free and locking it behind a paywall, that decreases the game's value.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    McDonald's had free ranch dressing packets in my city for quite some time. It only became recently that they started charging 25 cents for them. I guess that must be extortion too.
    It is.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

ok let me give u a scenario. lets say I have a shiny hack. I can make any pokemon shiny. now I breed my regular charizard with a ditto and produce an egg. but I activate my hack so that whatever comes out the egg is shiny. when it hatches does the game register the newly hatched pokemon as hacked or just a lucky draw?

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    if your pokemon are hacked.... they wont transfer
    I got that part which is why I know my legendaries aren't going anywhere but as I said single player problems. I want to know how hack check works on eggs/offspring of Pokemon caught using WPM codes. If these are still somehow recognised as 'hacked' then I have no use for the Bank for the time being.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast