Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    you can just use Poke bank
    That be all well and good, if i wasnt getting X and Y simply for using one of them as storage.

and that i dont want to add another 5$ on the 60$ a year i already pay another company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I have no problem with being charged for the cloud storage services. I have a problem with being charged for cross gen transfers. If I'm paying $40 for a game, I expect to get my money's worth. The game is losing value by taking a feature that is traditionally free and locking it behind a paywall, that decreases the game's value.
    In all fairness, the Poké Transfer in Generation V required a whole second Nintendo DS system to work. If that isn't a paywall, I don't know what is. :P
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Thinking about it now, this will make such a difference for me.

I'm always wary about migrating my pokemon because if I have them all on the one cart and I lose or damage it then they'll all be gone. Pokebank would mean I'll be able to access all my pokemon without worrying about losing them.

Not to mention when 7th gen comes out we'll probably still be able to withdraw compatible pokemon to 6th gen. We could be looking at backwards compatibility in the future.
    Last edited by Sponge; 4th September 2013 at 2:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyubeon View Post
    that's very vague tho. wat qualifies as hacked and how are the concerns
    Location , level obtained , Trainer ID (for event Pokemon) , Stats , Moves and if it was bred from an egg (for legendaries except Phione and Manaphy)

For example , a Lv.1 Reshiram that was found on Route 7 is hacked.

You should check the Hack-Check thread to see if your Pokemon are considred illegal or not.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...k-Check-Thread
    Last edited by Kratos The Pokemon master; 4th September 2013 at 2:58 PM.
    Black 2 FC : 4642-7325-4487

I know my name is too long...Just call me Kratos

Brace Yourself

I'm Back Serebii (At Least for now :P)

Adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Can we please discuss the hack check thing? I need to know if I can use the Bank.
    Hacked Pokemon are Pokemon created using cheat codes (such as Action Replay), PokeGen, PokeSAV, online Pokemon creators/generators, Pokemon with unreleased hidden abilities, inconsistent moves, abilities, wrong levels, IDs, etc...

Basically, if your Pokemon is not obtained by legitimate means (in-game capture, born from legit eggs, legit trades, or downloaded from official Pokemon events), then you can't transfer it.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Problem not solved. Cross gen transfers have always been free forever, suddenly adding a price tag to them is extortion.

It's less options for the same amount of money, that's the problem.
    While it is technically extortion, the Pokemon Bank is not solely to transfer old Pokemon. You get more than that, so a minimal fee each year is not that bad.

I believe the main name for the fee is that servers cost a lot of money. Rather than pay for them with the money generated by X and Y, which will dwindle over time, the best option is to ask for a fee from the people who are using it. Also, the service is going to be used for Generations to come. Its not like this will end after Gen VI.

Believe me, they could be worse. Imagine if you had a five dollar fee each month or you had an annual sixty dollar fee just to use the Pokemon Bank.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

I have no problem with being charged for the cloud storage services. I have a problem with being charged for cross gen transfers. If I'm paying $40 for a game, I expect to get my money's worth. The game is losing value by taking a feature that is traditionally free and locking it behind a paywall, that decreases the game's value.
    Well you're being charged for the cloud. Don't you think that if there was a free way to transfer that Gamefreak would have done it? Why do you just assume there's a free easy way to do it without this cloud service, which is what's actually costing you money not the transfer feature. Gamefreak over the years have been very good about not charging when they don't have to, they've never charged for events they've never had "DLC," hell, they didn't charge for the wireless adaptor that came with FRLG or the Pokewalker, as far as I remember. The charge is for the cloud service, the transfer feature just requires it because maybe, just maybe, there's not another way to do it because of hardware limitations or software limitations.

twittertumblrlast.fm

Then there should be no problem with the transfer. If anything, the transfer is a feature of the Bank not the game, and is free in of itself. If they charged for the Pokemon Transporter as well, then I'd agree with you.

In all fairness though is there really anything else they could have done? I imagine it's cost alot for them to have this Bank set up and to keep it afloat for however long they need to. They will have to make something off of it. Plus GF didn't have to make it so you can transfer them, $5 a year to keep you $40 copy of B/W/B2/W2 alive is a pretty decent trade off imo.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I wouldn't call it extortion so much as a transfer of who's getting the short end of the stick. Up until now it was the people who either didn't have people to trade with or a second system; the only difference now is that the people who were prepared then have to shell out $5 to do their business. It sucks (but not that much) for the previously prepared, but I'd say it's an acceptable thing. Especially given the future compatibility of the feature.
    "Shell out?" If you have issues gathering $5 a year, the last thing you should be doing is buying a $40 Pokemon game. You should spend that money on figuring out why you can't afford $5 a year.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    In all fairness, the Poké Transfer in Generation V required a whole second Nintendo DS system to work. If that isn't a paywall, I don't know what is. :P
    +1

5 dollars vs. 130/160/190 for a second 2/3DS

twittertumblrlast.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Well you're being charged for the cloud. Don't you think that if there was a free way to transfer that Gamefreak would have done it? Why do you just assume there's a free easy way to do it without this cloud service, which is what's actually costing you money not the transfer feature. Gamefreak over the years have been very good about not charging when they don't have to, they've never charged for events they've never had "DLC," hell, they didn't charge for the wireless adaptor that came with FRLG or the Pokewalker, as far as I remember. The charge is for the cloud service, the transfer feature just requires it because maybe, just maybe, there's not another way to do it because of hardware limitations or software limitations.
    Doubtful. How can there be hardware limitations when the 3DS is more capable than the DS. How can there be software limitations when GF has been doing it for the past 15 years?

I am pretty sure (although just speculation) that there will be a cloudless way to transfer pokémon, just that they will be 6 at a time instead of 450 in a single try.
    Pearl FC: Pending to update, have a new one
    Heart Gold FC: 4168 9775 7756
    Black FC: 3396 2988 4296
    Black2 FC: 1765 1041 8767
    X FC: 5300-9288-9957

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-kun View Post
    Could they not simply make a free version that has only transfer features and not cloud features? That's the only part of this that needs to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiji Kurosaky View Post
    Doubtful. How can there be hardware limitations when the 3DS is more capable than the DS. How can there be software limitations when GF has been doing it for the past 15 years?

I am pretty sure (although just speculation) that there will be a cloudless way to transfer pokémon, just that they will be 6 at a time instead of 450 in a single try.
    It's a compatibility issue. They said back at E3 that they were having trouble with transfers because of some sort of technical limitation that prevents DS and 3DS games from communicating with each other.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 4th September 2013 at 3:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.

I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.
    My sentiments exactly! People are jumping the gun before they get all their facts straight. I think the fee is reasonable. Had they said per month, then I might be a little iffy, but annual is much better and straightforward

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    "Shell out?" If you have issues gathering $5 a year, the last thing you should be doing is buying a $40 Pokemon game. You should spend that money on figuring out why you can't afford $5 a year.
    It's not about affording, it is about the principle of SPENDING your money. Some people would rather spend their 5$ on something else ya know and they are entitled to share their opinions. Don't compare spendig money on Pokémon Bank with an actual Pokémon game, it somehow doesn't make any sense.

There seems to be some confusion on both the pokemon bank and poke transporter.

Pokemon Bank is a cloud base storage system where you store your pokemon in your own personal bank. Pokemon will be uploaded to the cloud from a pokemon bank application that will be downloaded from eshop on December 25th in Japan (other dates are unknown at this time). When first released there will be a free trail period where you can access all of pokemon bank without the annual fee. After the trail period end there will be a required annual fee. Pokemon bank is only accessed through pokemon x and y

Pokemon transporter is a completely free application also for the 3DS, that will download alongside pokemon bank. This application is used to transfer pokemon from BW and BW2 to your pokemon bank cloud storage. Pokemon transporter is only used by Generation 5 games and does not directly communicate with the 3DS version of pokemon bank.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Could they not simply make a free version that has only transfer features and not cloud features? That's the only part of this that needs to be free.
    Except this transfer feature depends upon the cloud feature; you can't have one without the other here. Making a free version of that probably wouldn't be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    Pokemon transporter is a completely free application also for the 3DS, that will download alongside pokemon bank. This application is used to transfer pokemon from BW and BW2 to your pokemon bank cloud storage. Pokemon transporter is only used by Generation 5 games and does not directly communicate with the 3DS version of pokemon bank.
    Oh, really? Disregard above comment then; thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by Akashin; 4th September 2013 at 3:05 PM. Reason: Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Hacked Pokemon are Pokemon created using cheat codes (such as Action Replay), PokeGen, PokeSAV, online Pokemon creators/generators, Pokemon with unreleased hidden abilities, inconsistent moves, abilities, wrong levels, IDs, etc...

Basically, if your Pokemon is not obtained by legitimate means (in-game capture, born from legit eggs, legit trades, or downloaded from official Pokemon events), then you can't transfer it.
    One question, does a pokemon born from a egg whose parents were Hacked Pokemon is considered a Legitimate or a Illegitimate pokemons (i.e., a baby pokemon whose stats weren't messed with but its parents stats were).

I wonder if yearly subscribers will get special Pokémon events?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    One question, does a pokemon born from a egg whose parents where Hacked Pokemon are considered Legitimate or Illegitimate pokemons (i.e., a baby pokemon whose stats weren't messed with but its parents stats were).
    debatable really as the pokemon is from 2 hacks but is created by the game the only way to tell for sure is try to transfer it

One question, does a pokemon born from a egg whose parents where Hacked Pokemon are considered Legitimate or Illegitimate pokemon.
    I've been asking this question for several pages but people are still arguing about Ł3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos The Pokemon master View Post
    Location , level obtained , Trainer ID (for event Pokemon) , Stats , Moves and if it was bred from an egg (for legendaries except Phione and Manaphy)

For example , a Lv.1 Reshiram that was found on Route 7 is hacked.

You should check the Hack-Check thread to see if your Pokemon are considred illegal or not.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...k-Check-Thread
    hmm I checked this out but I didn't really find anything to help my question. I kno theyre hacked as I hacked them but I only shiny hack. location, moves, etc are all natural so im curious if itll detect them.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    I've been asking this question for several pages but people are still arguing about Ł3.
    idk im not getting to much useful feedback either

One question, does a pokemon born from a egg whose parents were Hacked Pokemon is considered a Legitimate or a Illegitimate pokemons (i.e., a baby pokemon whose stats weren't messed with but its parents stats were).
    I'd guess illegal, because otherwise a Hidden Ability Snivy born from an illegal female one would be considered legit. Don't take my word for it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DSDark View Post
    There seems to be some confusion on both the pokemon bank and poke transporter.

Pokemon Bank is a cloud base storage system where you store your pokemon in your own personal bank. Pokemon will be uploaded to the cloud from a pokemon bank application that will be downloaded from eshop on December 25th in Japan (other dates are unknown at this time). When first released there will be a free trail period where you can access all of pokemon bank without the annual fee. After the trail period end there will be a required annual fee. Pokemon bank is only accessed through pokemon x and y

But it says on the main Serebii page that : "Poké Transporter comes when you purchase Pokémon Bank."

I'm really hoping for PokeTransporter to be free.

I think we might need confirmation from a source about this matter.
    Black 2 FC : 4642-7325-4487

I know my name is too long...Just call me Kratos

Brace Yourself

I'm Back Serebii (At Least for now :P)

Adventure...

I'm pretty sure that it would be let through, purely because it would not appear as hacked. The only scenario I can think of is if it had its Hidden Ability bred onto it when none of its possible parents were available with their Hidden Abilities.

EDIT: Also, the only way to directly cross-reference the parents would be to store the parents' data with the child, which would basically triple the size of the Pokémon. It'd get even bigger if you start to track grandparents, and that'd get really big, really fast. So basically, a Pokémon cannot be considered illegal purely based on the fact that its parents are illegal.
    Last edited by EverChanger; 4th September 2013 at 3:12 PM. Reason: Hypothesis
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast