Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ever ashamed of being a Pokémon fan?

I was once until I went to buy pokemon white at the store and there was lots of people older then me who were buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    Also another sub-question - would you wear a pokemon shirt in public? Let's say.. to school, or to the mall.
    Phzzz wearing a Pokemon shirt in public I could care less on what People thought, I don't know you so why should I care on what you think of me for liking Pokemon :3
    School however is a totally different story. Yes I don't care what people think of me, but it's very easy to get teased by people at school cause you'll see them everyday. Long story short Middle school wasn't the best for me an I hated going there everyday until my family moved to country, small towns are a thousand times better then the city

I'm not ashamed of being a Pokemon fan, just wish some of my friends stilled liked it instead of "Remember back in the day of playing Pokemon. Yea those were good times." One of the many reasons why I finally joined the forum here so I can actually discuss it with other's instead of by myself
    (Cause sadly my sister isn't much into Pokemon anymore either Q.Q)
    Last edited by Zyon; 5th September 2013 at 3:45 AM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

nope. I'm in college and you'd be surprised how many still play the games from time to time. its a great time killer waiting for classes if I don't have anything to study.

However, I at my age I definitely would not where pokemon gear in public. I don't care if someone sees me playing the game though

Quote Originally Posted by Mays View Post
    For me it's probably worse considering I have no one to talk to it about, minus people on the internet.
    I know that feeling all too well, Mays. Though I can't say it bothers me, as it has been that way for so long now. I guess you could say that I'm used to it.

To be perfectly honest, being directly in the middle of the hostile environment known as high school, no, I probably wouldn't go out and declare my love for it to the world. If somebody directly asks me about it, sure. I'll say I like it. Outside of that, no, I'm really not going to go out and wave the Pokemon flag with gusto.

Absolutely. Nobody knows except a couple of my friends. All my other friends don't have a clue. It is rather nerdy to play it according to my school, so I keep it to myself.

I'm not embarrassed of saying I'm a Pokemon game fan. I am embarrassed however of saying I'm a Pokemon anime fan. The game is targeted at new and loyal fans. But the anime is more for the kids which I haven't been in the longest.
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Yes and no.

Yes because in middle school, you downright get teased for it. They say Pokemon is gay or from the devil. But who cares. I love it anyways no matter how much you hate it. You can't change me.

I have never been ashamed of liking Pokemon. Never. I (laugh if you want) met my girlfriend because of Pokemon, so yeah. xD
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

I used to, back when I was a quirky and awkward pre-teen entering middle school and trying to look like the 'cool' tough-guy...

...Yep, not one of my finest moments.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Nope. I'll play my game on the trolly or when I'm waiting somewhere. I still have some keychains and a bunch of plushies in my room XD. I don't go off showing all that I have though. I play it casual and if someone mentions pokemon, I'll go all out and make a huge conversation about it XD

No but I wouldn't be caught dead in or with most of the Pokemon apparel out there. It's not manly enough for me. That aside I'm not flashy and don't go out of my way with buying the stuff either.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

Well, I've been bullied for being a Pokemon freak often, but still, I'm not ashamed of being into Pokemon. It's not childish, and it's perfectly normal, despite some people not wanting to accept that. I won't show off, but I won't hide my life passion.

Nope I play pokemon and I like it. If people don't like it to bad!
    My Tumbur http://spiritdreamdoodlesandlifeblog.tumblr.com/

Gone til the 15 of December see you then!

Not really. I won't outright tell someone I play but if they ask I say I do without regrets.

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

Nope. Never. I don't see any reason to be ashamed. I enjoy a genre of game involving rpg status and monster training. Plus at my point in time no one cares if I play or not. That's the magic of college. No one cares. I've had random people come up and just ask if I'm excited for x and y. I reply with a yes! Basically I see this question as this . If I'm ashamed of Pokemon would I also be ashamed being a football fan? ( I'm not a football fan) the point is, no one should be ashamed of what they enjoy. People who ridicule others about being fans of something should be ashamed. There are limits to this of course. But don't let people make you feel bad about what you do. Also this site alone should not make you feel ashamed. We're a strong community of individuals who love and take pride in their enjoyment of Pokemon. So don't feel ashamed, feel empowered!
    Gaming is not always about the victory and the conquest of your foes. Enjoy the journey for what it is. It all pays off in the end

My level 100 dream team

[img]http://oi44.*******.com/107s2vk.jpg[/img]

Hey do you like manga? If you do check out my collaboration with orochi of my story Blood Type P . Just click on the link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0-Blood-Type-P
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2uhy7m9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/24fhc3d.gif[/IMG]

Someone at work actually said to me:
    "You know what I miss? Playing Pokemon"

Me: "I still play it!"

Him: "Haha, that's so cool man"

I'm 22, he's 21.

Age doesn't matter

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Back in like middle or high school I would've never told anyone I'm a Pokemon fan unless I knew that person was a fan too. Actually I didn't play Pokemon in high school. I stopped during middle school and started again 2 years after graduating high school.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

yes, i sometimes am ashamed. so i try to aviod telling people. My friends dont like pokemon, i think. So i ever talk about it with friends. That is why i am a lot in this site :P
    VM or PM to join, members are always appreciated
    Made by GoggleWaddleDee
    Made by Cloneydew2000 ((click to go to his page))
    Viewing all pokemon anime episodes ((main episodes)). Last episode watched: 040 : The Battling Eevee Brothers

Nope, never have been and I never will be.

It's not something I usually bring up. I don't usually talk Pokemon unless it's with someone who also likes it or I'm meeting someone new and we talk about stuff we're into and then I'll bring up that I'm a Pokemon fan.

I used to get picked on a lot in school because I'm a Pokemon fan. I used to get called 'the Pokemon nerd' and my brother always gives me a hard time whenever I'm watching the anime but he gives me a hard time over just about everything that I like though. I still am not ashamed of it either and I never will be. If Pokemon is something that you enjoy, there's no sense of being ashamed of it. There's nothing wrong with being interested in something and if someone gives you a hard time over it, they're the ones who should be ashamed of it.

Most of my friends know that I'm a Pokemon fan and they don't care.
    Last edited by xEryChan; 7th September 2013 at 10:05 PM.

I'm 39. I'm not ashamed of it, but I don't talk about it very often.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

I don't normally talk about it, but if someone brings it up I will. I'm in no way ashamed of it.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Well, I only mention Pokemon when people are talking about it, but I wouldn't say that I'm ashamed of myself. Besides, no one should judge you about what you like and don't like in the first place! But all in all, no, I'm not ashamed.

When you're in middle school, you'll be teased because kids at age are still close minded. I was picked on in Middle School.
    Once I got into my early highschool years, I noticed people stopped caring what other people liked. I'm in 12th grade/Senior, no me questions anything at that point. No need to be ashamed.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Nobody really knows that I'm a Pokemon fan, it's not something I go around telling other people but I'm definitely not ashamed of being a Pokemon fan either because I'm not going to hide it if another person brings it up.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast