Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    Some people are gonna have to explain to their parents where that $5 dollar charge is coming from. Some of them won't be happy to hear it's for a Video Game. :/
    It would be better than explaining to their parents that they need a second system to transfer, like it was in the past.

The way they are doing things with Pokémon Bank is so much better. It's just $5 a year. It would take TWENTY FOUR YEARS for this to equal the current price of a 2DS and don't even get me started on the XL.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Guys, it is $5 a year, or $5 x 12 = $60 per year? I thought I have read it somewhere that it actually costs $60 per year, I hope I'm wrong.

3DS FC Code: 2165 - 6014 - 0811. Send a PM, if you have added.

Active - Pokémon X Trainer: Blaise.
    Pokémon Y Trainer: Dean.

Mii Name: BE.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Guys, it is $5 a year, or $5 x 12 = $60 per year? I thought I have read it somewhere that it actually costs $60 per year, I hope I'm wrong.
    They said annual fee in the direct, so the first is true.

The yearly fee is half the price of the steak dinner I bought on a whim yesterday. So I think it's a justifiably fair price, especially if it's a long term plan - I hate existing methods of Pokemon transferring.

But these points are valid ones:

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    -I HONESTLY feel like this is the first step in a bad direction: mini-transactions. How long until they start charging for event pokemon or in-game content?
    -Poke-transfer should still have a free method, even if it is slow and clumsy like previous generations. If the cloud service is so good, people will still pay for it and support the new system, but I really disagree with forcing players into it for one service they all want that has been free for years.
    People do overract to things like paid DLC, but with good reason - I too am hoping there is no trend that will develop from this.

And I agree that there should still be another method of transfer, as clunky as it may be, and there still might be I suppose. A somewhat irrelevant comparison but it has similarities to my gripes with 3D films when they were in their peak, the option to see 2D films should still be there if you want them as opposed to blowing a few extra quid on glasses just to see the same thing. Same sorta principle with this. A lot of people will still use Pokemon Bank even if there were other methods of transfer.

Yes but will it prevent hacked Pokemon? I think this issue lies more with hacks from Pokesav and Poke Creator.

The price is fine for a year,very reasonable.My only concern is that they are doing this because there isnt much in game storage-not enough PC boxes to "Catch Them All"
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:

Omega Ruby Team:

Alpha Saphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Huh? That makes no sense since it's already been confirmed to be $5. You just need to pat $5 once every year, not every month.

White 2:

It is a very good system. Now if you want to restart the game and relive all the adventures you don't need to worry on where to store your sacred pokés. I totally welcome this system regardless of the price, because if you want good things you have to pay for them. I think that by paying we're giving them an incentive to update and upgrade the system and make it even better in future occasions. If it was for free I would see it fall in forgetfulness and end. Imagine that in genVII (which will probably still be on the 3DS) we will still have this and forget the idea to have 2 systems forever.

Considering this service comes out on December 25th (according to JP website), I really do hope there are other methods for transferring from Gen V...
    I have a Japanese DS lite with White 2, and an american 3DS XL with pre-ordered Pokemon X & Y. I won't be able to use the transporter on my 3DS with my Japanese White 2 cartridge due to region-lock

Quote Originally Posted by Aioi View Post
    Considering this service comes out on December 25th (according to JP website), I really do hope there are other methods for transferring from Gen V...
    I have a Japanese DS lite with White 2, and an american 3DS XL with pre-ordered Pokemon X & Y. I won't be able to use the transporter on my 3DS with my Japanese White 2 cartridge due to region-lock
    I guess the only other option would be to get an American Generation V game and an American DS Lite.

White 2:

I was first apprehensive, but the price is really nothing for $5 a year. Heck, I pay more on my DeviantART account subscription and that doesn't really do me a whole bunch of favours.

DLC is probably on the horizon for this game, but so long as they don't mess it up, I don't mind. I'd really like to have some kind of extra storage space for my games without having the need to pay extra.

Though this raises another question. If a kid was stupid enough to give away his password/get it hacked, he would lose all his pokemon. I don't know how kids aged 3-10 can keep an account like that safe.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I guess the only other option would be to get an American Generation V game and an American DS Lite.
    If they allow transfers from Gen V through local trade, then there won't be a problem transferring from a Japanese game to an American. I hope this is the case :O

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will have a free transfer method as well.

I'm not on much anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    I was first apprehensive, but the price is really nothing for $5 a year. Heck, I pay more on my DeviantART account subscription and that doesn't really do me a whole bunch of favours.

DLC is probably on the horizon for this game, but so long as they don't mess it up, I don't mind. I'd really like to have some kind of extra storage space for my games without having the need to pay extra.

Though this raises another question. If a kid was stupid enough to give away his password/get it hacked, he would lose all his pokemon. I don't know how kids aged 3-10 can keep an account like that safe.
    Easy, with responsible parents, granted not all are so therfore they deserve the loss, but im pretty sure you might need an 18+ aged person to set up the payment method and whatnot.

My concern is someone figurine ho to hack the actual storage and steal pokemon from there.

Quote Originally Posted by master3019 View Post
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that they will have a free transfer method as well.
    The free trial of this may well be the best you'll get. It's not impossible, but like somebody else said, I have the feeling that if there were any other transferring method they'd have said so during the Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    Nowadays kids are really good with technology, I'm sure they will be fine.
    If they are dumb enough to give away their passwords, they probably won't have worthy stuff in their Pokemon Bank anyway ;P

Not crazy about an annual fee but at least its cheap
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I was initially VERY opposed to this, but when the price came out, I have softened my stance. I think there are pros and cons.

+Seems like an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer program.
    +Cloud service, whatever the hell that is. I have never used a cloud service in my life. *shrug* So it might be nice? I dunno.
    +The price is VERY right. Fair and inexpensive
    +Could be a building block for years to come.
    +A ton of storage for people who need it.

-I HONESTLY feel like this is the first step in a bad direction: mini-transactions. How long until they start charging for event pokemon or in-game content?
    -Poke-transfer should still have a free method, even if it is slow and clumsy like previous generations. If the cloud service is so good, people will still pay for it and support the new system, but I really disagree with forcing players into it for one service they all want that has been free for years.

There are more pros than cons, but I feel the cons are more relevant than the pros. So I don't know. It is what it is, though.
    Good points yes. Charging for in-game content a possibility but not all games charge for DLC, charging for event Pokemon that'll never happen.
    The Poke transfer is still free you just have to pay for Pokemon Bank. Regardless of the $5 annual fee all the benefits you get: Store up to 3,000 Pokemon, Have the ability to transfer pokemon from Gen III, IV, and V, Have a hack check, and above all a safe and secured store service.
    All that just for $5 a year that's well worth it. I'd pay that any day instead of having to go out and buy another 3DS just to transfer my Pokemon, which would cost me another $130-160. The old transfer service was indeed "free" however you needed two DS's which was about $260 added together when they first came out, an that doesn't include the money for the games. That's outrageous having to spend all that money just to use a free service compared to this this offer.
    And for those that still don't like it then simply use the free trail and transfer everything then and be done with it. At least be thankful you have that option.
    Last edited by Zyon; 4th September 2013 at 2:56 PM.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

From the Direct-thread, it closed before I could post... Edit: Didn't realize the cost was just 5€. So this may seem like overreacting, but please just regard it as a principle standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    You have to pay the service... That's how it works because of its costs.
    The same costs they had to put into updating and maintaining the Global Link/Dream World every now and then. Yet we got that for free, but they feel the need to bill us yearly for this. They're doing as if its a big deal, but the idea seems pretty simple in effect:
    - Extract data from a game using an application, be it Pokemon Bank or Transporter depending on whether you use GenVI or V games.
    - Upload data to server using the same application.
    - Make a personal interface on which data can be accessed through internet access.
    - Use the same application to deposit chosen data when called upon.

The fact is that Transporter is the exact same idea as the Dream Link, just with multiple pokemon at the same time - and without the option of returning them. While uploading them to the same server as Pokemon Bank.

This shouldn't really have been an issue to begin with, seeing as how it is so similar to Dream Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir DJ View Post
    Pretty underwhelming Direct.....
    We were pretty certain the kanto starters would get mega evos, and the rest of the announcement was for a paid service....lol
    To be honest, people had been asking about some sort of PokéTransfer service, and when asked at the E3, they said they were working on the issue. It's semi-smart because they bypass the 'issues' they had with DS/3DS connectivity. Semi-smart, because it is basically the same idea as Dream Link, but with more pokemon at a single time. It's still the same data extraction/deposit method.

They just had to get to the mind switch-moment, to realize that DS to 3DS-connectivity just isn't going to work as well as how both can connect to the internet.
    Last edited by Locormus; 4th September 2013 at 2:55 PM.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Can't believe they've been working on this for 5 years! Hopefully all they're hard work pays off. They've been working on it through the entirety of Generation V and most of Generation IV.

White 2:

wasn't the poketransfer free... but you have to pay for the bank so it is free to transfer your pokemon with the gen 5 game with the transfer but you need the pokemon bank anyways to acess the pokemon you just transfered with your gen 6 so it is still not free to transfer pokemon or what? I'm confused...
    but I will definetly pay for it if it's not free... must complete pokedex...
    Friend code black 2: 3955 4982 9868
    Nintendo FC: 1805-3205-0820
    my Friend Safari contains Sawsbuck, Sunkern and Maractus

There probably will be an "illegal" app or website that will allow transferring for free.

I'm not on much anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Erchamion View Post
    wasn't the poketransfer free... but you have to pay for the bank so it is free to transfer your pokemon with the gen 5 game with the transfer but you need the pokemon bank anyways to acess the pokemon you just transfered with your gen 6 so it is still not free to transfer pokemon or what? I'm confused...
    but I will definetly pay for it if it's not free... must complete pokedex...
    It's $5 a year. So, no it's not free, but it is incredibly inexpensive.

White 2:

Guys, just accept the fact that it's not free.
    We can complain all year long, but in the end, millions of Pokemon fans will still use this application.
    Besides, there's a trial session. Use that to your advantage. It's not like GF is forcing you to subscribe.

This thread is going nowhere. It's becoming spam rather than discussion.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Hey I'm not complaining just wondering how it all works since I've seen it mentioned that you only pay for the storage not the transfer
    definately worth it either way so XD
    Friend code black 2: 3955 4982 9868
    Nintendo FC: 1805-3205-0820
    my Friend Safari contains Sawsbuck, Sunkern and Maractus

This actually does sound like a nice idea, but I'm as greedy and cheap as they come, so I'll probably just use the free trial and never touch it again. Not like I would have much use for it besides transferring my teams anyway.

Page 2 of 125 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast