Page 105 of 125 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Honestly this was just poorly planned. And not even Pokemon Bank - I bought Fire Emblem on the 11th and getting in to download DLC wasn't working well the two days after, maybe because of the new Network ID thing they debuted? That's been happening a lot even before Christmas. Then, you combine that with Christmas and people getting all kinds of new Wii U and 3DS systems, getting gift cards and eShop cards, trying to download games, trying to use online stuff AND Pokemon Bank debuting all around the same time in other countries...it was bound to happen.

It's interesting to me though that it seems the Bank is letting some hacked Pokemon through, you just can't use them in online battles. At least they're doing that much.
    Last edited by missnicolec; 26th December 2013 at 3:12 PM.
    My FC is 3625-8724-4756 - let me know if you add me. I have an ice type friend safari with Spheal, Bergmite & Piloswine.

It's only the connection with the Eshop that's been severed, right? So if you have the bank it still works?
    Pokemon X Version 3DS Friend Code: 5086-1106-1225
    Friend Safari (X) - Poison - Toxicroak, Ariados, Serviper (it sucks I know)

Currently Require: Dex data for All event legends except Phione.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    It's only the connection with the Eshop that's been severed, right? So if you have the bank it still works?
    More or less, but as with any new network service, the Bank servers are going to be under pretty high load as well so don't expect things to go completely smooth.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

This makes me rage so much. Nintendo and Game Freak are both horrible at anticipating problems. The bank should have been released sooner so the influx of people would have been less overall, and now eveyrone not in Korea or Japan (or who doesn't have access to a Japanese 3DS with the bank already on it, as well as any JAP/KOR players who didn't get it yet) are now stuck for an indefinite amount of time.

Granted, I'm almost done with my national dex for non-legendary pokemon thanks to the GTS and desirability of Castforms, but now I won't even get that Celebi. Because why on earth would Game Freak care enough to also delay when we get that Celebi as well? I really wanted that.

Well, they could make it up to us if we could get something like...hm...a Happy Hour + Hold Back + Doom Desire Jirachi. Yeah, that'd satisfy me, only available to non-JP/KOR 3DSes over WiFi or something.
    I know, right? Why couldn't the most technologically advanced country in the world and the minds behind the tech world foreseen such a thing occurring? O_o
    Yeah, the rest of the world needs compensation for the delay. A Jirachi (or Mew) will do nicely.

You guys do realize there are non Japanese players with bank Pokemon right? Myself included. The GTS and wonder trade had Japs giving away some to randoms which lead to other countries (not Japan) getting which lead to massive trades over the Internet.
    So you technically don't have to wait for bank Pokemon.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Either way I'm still mad at this. It's going to take forever to get the Shiny Charm now. And I had some Dittos ready for underhanded breeding too.

I got a Chimchar with 4 perfect IVs and ThunderPunch last night on Wonder Trade so you can definitely get them beforehand as long as you spend some time doing Wonder Trade, it just sucks for people who were excited to move theirs. Not to mention I was planning on putting all of my Pokemon in the bank and restarting Y so I can play again but I have to wait until the Bank actually lets me do it lol.
    My FC is 3625-8724-4756 - let me know if you add me. I have an ice type friend safari with Spheal, Bergmite & Piloswine.

Either way I'm still mad at this. It's going to take forever to get the Shiny Charm now. And I had some Dittos ready for underhanded breeding too.
    Actually You can use GTS for a member of each line you don't own.. Still it's going to take some time until you can bring your own Pokémon over.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

This makes me rage so much. Nintendo and Game Freak are both horrible at anticipating problems. The bank should have been released sooner so the influx of people would have been less overall, and now eveyrone not in Korea or Japan (or who doesn't have access to a Japanese 3DS with the bank already on it, as well as any JAP/KOR players who didn't get it yet) are now stuck for an indefinite amount of time.

Granted, I'm almost done with my national dex for non-legendary pokemon thanks to the GTS and desirability of Castforms, but now I won't even get that Celebi. Because why on earth would Game Freak care enough to also delay when we get that Celebi as well? I really wanted that.

Well, they could make it up to us if we could get something like...hm...a Happy Hour + Hold Back + Doom Desire Jirachi. Yeah, that'd satisfy me, only available to non-JP/KOR 3DSes over WiFi or something.
    How would releasing the bank earlier solve the problem? You do realize that there would be a massive influx of people anyway? Remember when people were downloading XY from the eShop during its release and they either: had an amazingly slow download or they couldn't access the XY page at all. All we can do is say "**** happens" and get over it.

Also, why would you only make this event for Euro/NA? You do realize that Japan only got the service for a day? You make it seem as if they had been playing for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Actually You can use GTS for a member of each line you don't own.. Still it's going to take some time until you can bring your own Pokémon over.
    I know I can use the GTS - that's what I'm doing. But keep in mind there's somewhere around 50 legendaries which can only be obtained from the older games that you REQUIRE for the national dex to be registered as complete, and any on the GTS tend to ask for other legendaries anyone without Bank cannot get without extreme luck.

@Kyurem:

Releasing earlier would have lessened the total strain on the eshop, so even if this DID still happen the impact would have been far less.
    Well, I'd make the event exclusive to people who didn't have Bank access because, surprise surprise, chances are they won't prolong the Celebi event for international release (and if they do I will be quite thoroughly impressed), so we should get something equally good exclusive to us as compensation. The whole trial restart thing isn't really much when all things are considered.

Furthermore, they had it for a day. That was still enough for a heck of a lot of what they wanted to be brought up. I'm thankful for those sharing them on the GTS and WT, but now any Dex-completionists are going to be set back a lot if they couldn't get access to this on the Japanese release.
    Last edited by Metagross8; 26th December 2013 at 3:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    good luck getting any legendaries through the GTS. That's what I'm worried most about.

Bank connects to the eShop every time to check your pass. I haven't been able to get it to work since

Ugh. Once again, severe server overload coming from the Japanese delays stuff for the rest of the world (it already happened with Flipnote 3D, which we haven't gotten yet), and most likely the fact so many people got gift cards they wanted to spend everywhere else. I am NOT going to go looking for an Oshawott in the GTS just because everyone and their mother is asking for legendaries.

Game Freak/Nintendo should just get more servers to prevent this kind of issue, really.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 26th December 2013 at 3:38 PM.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Releasing it earlier wouldn't be an option because it wasn't ready beforehand.

This isn't just Bank causing it. It's Christmas. The PSN was down yesterday on Sony platforms. Nintendo had a higher load than expected with Wii U and 3DS gift receivers setting it up including their NNID which taxes the servers a little.

Bank is just adding to the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Ugh. Once again, severe server overload coming from the Japanese delays stuff for the rest of the world (it already happened with Flipnote 3D, which we haven't gotten yet), and most likely the fact so many people got gift cards they wanted to spend everywhere else. I am NOT going to go looking for an Oshawott in the GTS just because everyone and their mother is asking for legendaries.

Game Freak/Nintendo should just get more servers to prevent this kind of issue, really.
    You don't think this means Pokémon Bank will never be released then, do you?
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 26th December 2013 at 3:59 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Trying to find Serena after she and the Skrelp were attacked by a school of Sharpedo
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Almost certain this won't be the case. The backlash would be utter poison to Game Freak and Nintendo's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    If something like this only came out in Japan and basically prevented casual players from bringing their personal Pokemon to the new games, people wouldn't want buy from them again.
    If they had a back-up plan for transferring sure. But after all the bank hype I'd be too late.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Almost certain this won't be the case. The backlash would be utter poison to Game Freak and Nintendo's reputation.
    yeah and remember last time we couldn't transfer old pokemon to new games

"ruby and sapphire sucks because i can't trasnfer my metapod blah blah blah" ( there were other reasons people didn't like ruby and sapphire that isn't a big deal but let's do go to much into that) then they had to remake red and gold just to please everyone
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross81 View Post
    Tell that to Capcom's Megaman Legends 3.

(Legends never die.)

Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption / Mega Man Battle Network

Bank will most likely be back in the new year. Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    And the Celebi?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    You're the administrator. What makes you say this?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You're the administrator. What makes you say this?
    Serebii intends to get Bank up himself if GameFreak won't do it.

You should see his black tracksuit.

And now I'm picturing Serebii fronting some weird underground online Pokemafia who operate their own Bank and Mass-Transfer service. Serebii even gets his own suit and fedora!

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty peeved that I won't be able to bring my favorites to the next generation for the foreseeable future, and I think it's pathetic that Nintendo didn't foresee this happening when they decided cloud storage was a good idea.

Page 105 of 125 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast