Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. L 500 View Post
    Why would you want someone to hack it? $5 is almost nothing nowadays.
    because im a dangerous criminal above the law.
    naw, im just greedy. rather spend 5 dollars on something else. unless this proves to be unhackable. >.>
    You could transfer your Pokémon during the free trial and not look back...
    probably gonna do that XD
    Last edited by IAintObeezy; 4th September 2013 at 9:21 PM.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I am pretty sure Sony thought they could handle hackers.. right before they got hacked.
    They did give free games after it though, but that is not the point.
    So because Sony got hacked no company anywhere else is allowed to do something like this ever again?

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    oh? Is there another option to get my pokemon from another game? No? Ok.
    No one is forcing you to transfer Pokemon though, so it's all completely optional.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by EverChanger View Post
    Speaking of the Dream World, they were forced to limit that to an hour per day to allow everyone access after they realized their servers couldn't field 24-hour service to everyone, and even then it was sketchy.
    Really? Wow. My DS Lite couldn't connect to the internet so I never got a chance to experience dream world, hopefully hidden abilities and stuff will be accessible somehow in X and Y.
    Looking for any Diancie. Any IVs, any nature, cloned a million times. It's for the dex, I'll trade a shiny Dragonair for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Exactly. There's no alternative so we're practically being forced to buy the software if we want to use our old Pokemon in X and Y. I just don't know why this app couldn't be free. I mean it ties into the games like the Dream World did, and that was free. Having to pay $5 for what is essentially the same service seems really cheap imo, and by cheap I mean cruel.
    But depriving people without friends who played Pokemon or the money to afford a second system of the ability to transfer Pokemon at all wasn't cruel? This is the vastly better alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    You could transfer your Pokémon during the free trial and not look back...
    This, too.
    Last edited by Akashin; 4th September 2013 at 9:21 PM. Reason: Edit

Exactly. There's no alternative so we're practically being forced to buy the software if we want to use our old Pokemon in X and Y. I just don't know why this app couldn't be free. I mean it ties into the games like the Dream World did, and that was free. Having to pay $5 for what is essentially the same service seems really cheap imo, and by cheap I mean cruel.
    They are a business and they're trying to make money. However, $5 is nothing to complain about. Most companies would ask for more just because they can. They're also using the small amount of money to improve and expand the service.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Clearly didn't look into this. It's a service that requires constant updates, checks etc and therefor needs money put into it. They aren't forcing you to do anything, you don't have to transfer Pokemon to X and Y.

I might not have to rely on the paid part. I dont have much to transfer over. SO i may only need to rely on the free trial.

Perhaps GF can figure out an alternative but for now, this is what we shall have.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Don't like it, don't use it. Seems pretty simple to me. As for it getting hacked. Everything has the potential to be hacked - I wouldn't use that as a 'negative' point against this new venture.

I don't think I will use it straight away but I probably will at some point, later on down the line. Price is very good.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    No one is forcing you to transfer Pokemon though, so it's all completely optional.
    So your saying if I want that torterra that I trained and raised myself through 3 generations then too damn bad? Out of all the solutions to this, "Deal with it." is a pretty BS one. doesnt matter. aiming for free trial. never looking back.

I'm seriously amazed that people are complaining about having to spend five dollars a year on this service.

You could pay for that by just saving up loose change.

I'm not sure why you'd want to transfer. If you get a new generation game you raise new Pokémon. You can still play fifth generation games. Wifi isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Don't like it, don't use it. Seems pretty simple to me. As for it getting hacked. Everything has the potential to be hacked - I wouldn't use that as a 'negative' point against this new venture.
    Yup. Everything from a simple game to a government computer has the potential to be hacked. Just because it could happen doesn't mean it will.

VM me yours!

So your saying if I want that torterra that I trained and raised myself through 3 generations then too damn bad? Out of all the solutions to this, "Deal with it." is a pretty BS one. doesnt matter. aiming for free trial. never looking back.
    Um, it's only possible to train it through two until Transfer is released.

It needs to be maintained, so the other flaws doesn't ruin it, and it'll last for gens.

Forgot you and Charmed must always be treated specially and get everything for nothing >.>

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsILikeThem View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd want to transfer. If you get a new generation game you raise new Pokémon. You can still play fifth generation games. Wifi isn't going anywhere.
    Some people don't want to catch older gen Pokémon again in the new games and would find it much more easier to transfer their older ones.

I have no problems with the way GF is handling Pokémon Bank and am just grateful there is a way to transfer older gen Pokémon, especially for the elusive Pokémon, namely event legendaries.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

As stated before, Sony and Microsoft aren't bending over backwards to keep older games alive, so why can't Nintendo do it?

Yet here they are offering a service that they do not have to. It's fine though people can not use it and horde all their pokemon on X or Y and eventually never start over and essentially have paid $40 to play a game once while the rest of us will pay $45 and happily be able to restart the games over and over and over again without having to worry about losing our Pokemon.

$40 for one play through

$45 for endless amounts of fun

It's just so hard.

They could've not let you transfer period! Like in Gen III... they didn't have to do this. Cloud Storage costs money and Nintendo will probably spend millions to get it working. $5 a year is pretty damn good

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. L 500 View Post
    Yup. Everything from a simple game to a government computer has the potential to be hacked. Just because it could happen doesn't mean it will.
    Exactly. And last time I checked, Nintendo havent had any major (if at all any) hacking scandals in their history.

Naturally they'll have server backups too, just like any reputable cloud server will.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

What we're saying is that being able to transfer Pokémon is a privilege, not a right.
    Last edited by Endolise; 5th September 2013 at 12:18 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Forgot you and Charmed must always be treated specially and get everything for nothing >.>
    I know this is just the internet and all, but isn't that a just a little outspoken? I don't know, that may just be me...

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Some people don't want to catch older gen Pokémon again in the new games and would find it much more easier to transfer their older ones.

I have no problems with the way GF is handling Pokémon Bank and am just grateful there is a way to transfer older gen Pokémon, especially for the elusive Pokémon, namely event legendaries.
    That, and people have EV trained Pokemon and shinies, and I'm sure nobody, myself included, would rather do that again in the new games. Seeing as I hunt for shinies, I'll probably need to subscribe for that service down the line, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwolf10 View Post
    They could've not let you transfer period! Like in Gen III... they didn't have to do this. Cloud Storage costs money and Nintendo will probably spend millions to get it working. $5 a year is pretty damn good
    Whoa, wait a minute. I know what you mean with this, I'm pretty sure the lack of Gen 3 transfer was an entirely different issue. I don't think this can quite compare as nicely.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 4th September 2013 at 9:47 PM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

The part I don't understand is why making people shell out cash every year was the best idea they could come up with. Why not just let people store their Pokemon on the SD Card, instead of having to f*ck around with servers? Why am I paying for 100 Boxes worth of Pokemon storage every year if I'm only going to realistically use maybe seven at most? If the free trial is to let people have time to transfer their 'mons from Gen V carts, then what if I catch something on Gen V after my free trial expires and want to transfer it? Why do I have to pay for the server space I'm not using?

Why not offer a free offline version, and only charge if people want online storage space? Why not just ask for $10 up front like MPR did, rather than make people pay $25 dollars for over five years just for them to not lose their Pokemon? Who thought that charging people an annual fee for this kind of service was a reasonable idea at all?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Exactly. And last time I checked, Nintendo havent had any major (if at all any) hacking scandals in their history.

Naturally they'll have server backups too, just like any reputable cloud server will.
    Nintendo's always done very well with keeping their stuff secure.

VM me yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post

I know what you mean. It took me forever to obtain my Mew and I was really hoping not to have to leave it behind.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 30 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    As stated before, Sony and Microsoft aren't bending over backwards to keep older games alive, so why can't Nintendo do it?
    dunno. why would gf suddenly abandon games they make remakes of? plus ya know...all they do is pokemon...i guess they could just abandon older games.

$40 for one play through

$45 for endless amounts of fun

It's just so hard.
    unless X and Y becomes skyrim i doubt i would have THAT much fun playing it over and over again. i guess i dont find linearity fun twice. then again we havent seen the game.

What we're saying is that being able to transfer Pokémon is a priviledge, not a right.
    Why? It was something that was built into the game. It was part of the game.
    Last edited by IAintObeezy; 4th September 2013 at 9:43 PM.

Well I mean, what do you purpose they do? I mean you can't really just "they should do this and this" without actually pointing out how you know that would work with hardware and why it would work. As far as we know, this might be the best solution they have.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I just thought of something regarding the whole hake thing: does hacked pokemon include pokemon you caught using a Gameshark(or what that little device you buy in stories is called) or something or just pokemon whose stats and attacks are all messed with Also how will it filter those that are haked. Will it be you can't transfer the box because of 1 hacked pokemon or will that 1 Pokemon not be transferred while the other will be.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 30 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast