Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    I just thought of something regarding the whole hake thing: does hacked pokemon include pokemon you caught using a Gameshark(or what that little device you buy in stories is called) or something or just pokemon whose stats and attacks are all messed with Also how will it filter those that are haked. Will it be you can't transfer the box because of 1 hacked pokemon or will that 1 Pokemon not be transferred while the other will be.
    lol no one thought about hacked pokemon and what not XD.

Well I mean, what do you purpose they do? I mean you can't really just "they should do this and this" without actually pointing out how you know that would work with hardware and why it would work. As far as we know, this might be the best solution they have.
    good point. makes me wonder what made it free in the past.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

I just thought of something regarding the whole hake thing: does hacked pokemon include pokemon you caught using a Gameshark(or what that little device you buy in stories is called) or something or just pokemon whose stats and attacks are all messed with Also how will it filter those that are haked. Will it be you can't transfer the box because of 1 hacked pokemon or will that 1 Pokemon not be transferred while the other will be.
    I'm thinking that any natural or RNG'd pokemon will be fine but Pokesav, Pokegen, AR'd pokemon will be barred.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Well, seeing as they found 1500 or so players using hacked Pokemon in the previous Globak Showdown, I'm sure they've got something dealt with there.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The part I don't understand is why making people shell out cash every year was the best idea they could come up with. Why not just let people store their Pokemon on the SD Card, instead of having to f*ck around with servers? Why am I paying for 100 Boxes worth of Pokemon storage every year if I'm only going to realistically use maybe seven at most? If the free trial is to let people have time to transfer their 'mons from Gen V carts, then what if I catch something on Gen V after my free trial expires and want to transfer it? Why do I have to pay for the server space I'm not using?

Why not offer a free offline version, and only charge if people want online storage space? Why not just ask for $10 up front like MPR did, rather than make people pay $25 dollars for over five years just for them to not lose their Pokemon? Who thought that charging people an annual fee for this kind of service was a reasonable idea at all?
    Because it's what they want to do, it will be much easier to check for illegal pokemon via a server than checking an SD card which can have corrupted data sent to it via something external.

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    dunno. why would gf suddenly abandon games they make remakes of? plus ya know...all they do is pokemon...i guess they could just abandon older games.

unless X and Y becomes skyrim i doubt i would have THAT much fun playing it over and over again. i guess i dont find linearity fun twice. then again we havent seen the game.

Why? It was something that was built into the game. It was part of the game.
    Well there we go then, Sony and Microsoft completely abandon older games and here GF are giving them longer life purely so they don't lose ''old'' stuff and people still moan about it.

Who cares if you don't enjoy it, the math is there, an extra $5 for endless play and not lose any pokemon, win win if you ask me.

Again, yes it has been in the games before built in, but that was only because they could achieve it. DS and 3DS cannot connect, this is GF way of doing it and it suits them for whatever reasons and it suits customers for reason I've already stated. As someone has pointed out many times, transferring is a privilege not a right.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I think this is a fantastic modern move by GF. An actual storage system so that people can keep hold/access of their pokemon. 5 bucks makes it easily affordable to everyone
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 719/719

I'm pretty ecstatic about the hack checks. And I love that Poke Transporter is free. I'll probably use Poke Bank too, maybe for a year. But I think people misunderstood at first. You don't have to pay to transfer pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI. Poke Transporter is free when you download the Poke Bank trial. So I don't see why people are even upset to begin with. (At least they were when it was first announced, I haven't been off serebii since half an hour after the direct)

The cloud storage is genius tbh. I can see so many reasons to use this in the future. I'll probably just use the transfer at first, then begin using the Pokemon Bank.

But I still don't get why people are annoyed about the Pokemon Bank.. the service is really an ingenuity in the Pokemon series.. so convenient, CHEAP, safe. Like I said, no need to use it if you don't want to pay. Poke Transfer doesn't cost anything to use from Gen V to Gen VI so I don't see any sort of problem.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

I'm confused by something.

So can we just get a free Pokemon Transporter without having to buy Pokemon Bank? Because I just want to transfer my Pokemon to X and Y without having to pay extra money. Yes, it's cheap, but it's kind of pointless for me because I'll probably only use it once or twice. Besides, I know a few people who would happily hang onto my Pokemon for me without a fee.
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    it will be much easier to check for illegal pokemon via a server than checking an SD card which can have corrupted data sent to it via something external.
    What does checking for illegal Pokemon have to do with anything? I'm not sending these Pokemon to other people, nor am I battling with them (yet - if I do, they'll presumably be hack-checked again when I do). Charging people to needlessly upload Pokemon to a server under the premise of hack-checking is pedantic; not only is Game Freak assuming outright that my Pokemon are hacked, they're intentionally using a method to check them that will cost both myself and them hard-earned money. Even if they are hacked, if I know that Pokemon Bank will hack-check and delete them, what person would keep them in the Bank if they knew that? It's pointless.

And, if someone wants to use hacked Pokemon on their own game, that's their prerogative to do so; while I personally wouldn't, they're not causing any harm if they're using their Pokemon in-game. If this is all to maintain some kind of constant vigilance on people's personal Pokemon because they're scared sh*tless of the idea of anyone hacking for any reason, then I don't know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepath View Post

So can we just get a free Pokemon Transporter without having to buy Pokemon Bank? Because I just want to transfer my Pokemon to X and Y without having to pay extra money. Yes, it's cheap, but it's kind of pointless for me because I'll probably only use it once or twice. Besides, I know a few people who would happily hang onto my Pokemon for me without a fee.
    There is a free trial month to use the service so technically yes.

Normal Type Gym trainer

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    There is a free trial month to use the service so technically yes.
    Ah. Well, I guess I'm okay with this. As long as I can transfer them over in under a month, I should be good.

Thank you~
    Pokemon Y Current Team

Ah. Well, I guess I'm okay with this. As long as I can transfer them over in under a month, I should be good.

Thank you~
    No problem. And I LOVE your signature! xD

Normal Type Gym trainer

also if its an app I wonder if at some point it will be accessible on phones? allowing you to see and search for pokemon while on the move (its definatly heading this way as social media grows Pokémon is finally growing with it)

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    I'm thinking that any natural or RNG'd pokemon will be fine but Pokesav, Pokegen, AR'd pokemon will be barred.
    What do you think about Pokemon who are clones/ have been cloned? I've never really understood if these are perfect copies, or if they can be identified by Nintendo in any way.

What does checking for illegal Pokemon have to do with anything? I'm not sending these Pokemon to other people, nor am I battling with them (yet - if I do, they'll presumably be hack-checked again when I do). Charging people to needlessly upload Pokemon to a server under the premise of hack-checking is pedantic; not only is Game Freak assuming outright that my Pokemon are hacked, they're intentionally using a method to check them that will cost both myself and them hard-earned money. Even if they are hacked, if I know that Pokemon Bank will hack-check and delete them, what person would keep them in the Bank if they knew that? It's pointless.

And, if someone wants to use hacked Pokemon on their own game, that's their prerogative to do so; while I personally wouldn't, they're not causing any harm if they're using their Pokemon in-game. If this is all to maintain some kind of constant vigilance on people's personal Pokemon because they're scared sh*tless of the idea of anyone hacking for any reason, then I don't know what to say.
    GF don't know who you're sending them to though, that't the point. They don't care what you're doing with them but technically these pokemon shouldn't exist and is essentially changing someones property, yes it does sound absurd I agree but that's what it technically is. I get that we buy it therefor we should be able to do as we please with everything on it but what can you do? GF don't like it so they're putting a stop to it. Ofcourse there's an agenda behind it for whatvever reasons, isn't there always. But there's not alot we can do about it. Whether it is under a premise or whatever but GF want to achieve something out of this too and obviously this cloud is the best way for them to achieve this, you're talking like GF are purely in this for their loving customers and fans, if theirs no pay off, why do it?

From our point of view we can still use the pokemon which is what alot of people wanted (granted for a minuscule amount of money that GF have EVERY right to charge for) and give the Gen V and VI games a longer life span, as a consumer I'm happy so
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Tytus View Post
    What do you think about Pokemon who are clones/ have been cloned? I've never really understood if these are perfect copies, or if they can be identified by Nintendo in any way.
    If anti-cloning is included then I can see this causing huge issues for collectors, haha. As well as those that trade shinies and have an ever replenishing stock (due to the aforementioned)

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

I'm kinda on the fence about this idea. It's great for people that need the extra space,and with only being 5 dollars a year, that's insane. It was a really smart move. But I probably won't be using this much, and I am kinda upset that you do basically have to pay to transfer Pokemon now, at least after the free trial is up. That's a bit fa bummer. I mean it's only 5 bucks, but I don't like subscription based services. They just aren't my cup of tea. And what happens if you don't renew or forget to renew? Do they hold your Pokemon for a certain amount of time or is it just poof, gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    And I love that Poke Transporter is free. But I think people misunderstood at first. You don't have to pay to transfer pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI. Poke Transporter is free when you download the Poke Bank trial. So I don't see why people are even upset to begin with.
    I believe you are the one mistaken. Just because it's free to download the add-on does NOT mean that it's free. Yes it is free to download the program to transfer the pokemon BUT you still need to pay the 5 dollar year thing because the transfer is used in conjunction with the box system. So yes, it indirectly does cost to transfer your pokemon because you need to use the online storage box to do it.

And I kinda call bull on that a bit. I mean yes, it is only 5 dollars, big deal. But at the same time I only want to transfer my Pokemon, I don't want a year long subscription for something i'm only going to use to transfer Pokemon. Now granted I would do this during the free trial, but what happens when the trial period ends and everyone has to buy it? That's the part i'm kinda honestly iffy about and makes me a little upset.

Though I am happy Nintendo is getting more into downloading stuff. I hope we can expect some cool DLC or something.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 4th September 2013 at 11:12 PM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Cup of Tea View Post
    I'm pretty ecstatic about the hack checks. And I love that Poke Transporter is free. I'll probably use Poke Bank too, maybe for a year. But I think people misunderstood at first. You don't have to pay to transfer pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI. Poke Transporter is free when you download the Poke Bank trial. So I don't see why people are even upset to begin with. (At least they were when it was first announced, I haven't been off serebii since half an hour after the direct)

The cloud storage is genius tbh. I can see so many reasons to use this in the future. I'll probably just use the transfer at first, then begin using the Pokemon Bank.

But I still don't get why people are annoyed about the Pokemon Bank.. the service is really an ingenuity in the Pokemon series.. so convenient, CHEAP, safe. Like I said, no need to use it if you don't want to pay. Poke Transfer doesn't cost anything to use from Gen V to Gen VI so I don't see any sort of problem.

Okay, for those of you who are still confused about how the Transporter works, there's a nice little diagram on the main site:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

The Transporter app itself is technically free. HOWEVER, what Transporter does is extract Pokemon from 5th gen and dump them into the Bank, so you do need to pay for it in the end if you just want to transfer your Pokemon.

You want the GTS to be full of Lv. 9 and under Zekroms and the Wi Fi battles to be full of WonderTombs?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    And what happens if you don't renew or forget to renew? Do they hold your Pokemon for a certain amount of time or is it just poof, gone.
    I would assume it would be like my WOW account if I choose not to renew my sub my account just becomes frozen until I would like to renew it allowing me access to all my characters that I had before and they have all the same items, abilities, money etc

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    I would assume it would be like my WOW account if I choose not to renew my sub my account just becomes frozen until I would like to renew it allowing me access to all my characters that I had before and they have all the same items, abilities, money etc
    That would make the most sense. I don't know, I've never had an online account or something like that so I hope it would be done that way. I'm sure they would though, I trust GF unlike a lot of my friends.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

So we wont be able to transfer our Pokémon until december? Well, 2 months I have to trade with people until the hacks start appearing.
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    also if its an app I wonder if at some point it will be accessible on phones? allowing you to see and search for pokemon while on the move (its definatly heading this way as social media grows Pokémon is finally growing with it)
    Is there a need for that? The Bank seems to be entirely online, but the 3DS doesn't have data, only WiFi; why would you need to search for Pokemon you stored online if you can't do anything with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tytus View Post
    It depends; Pokemon downloaded directly from something like Pokecheck will have a ribbon to signify that they've been cloned, but there are ways around that.

GF don't know who you're sending them to though, that't the point.
    You're sending them to yourself; there's no multiplayer component to Pokemon Bank (unless you're sharing your account with someone - I wonder if they'll have a way to avoid making that a thing).

You want the GTS to be full of Lv. 9 and under Zekroms and the Wi Fi battles to be full of WonderTombs?
    No; that's why they hack-check when you try to use the Pokemon online, rather than needlessly restrict and charge everyone else for using legitimate Pokemon.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 4th September 2013 at 11:21 PM.

Is there a need for that? The Bank seems to be entirely online, but the 3DS doesn't have data, only WiFi; why would you need to search for Pokemon you stored online if you can't do anything with them?
    I may be making a trade with a friend across the country while im at work and might want to see what pokemon I have to offer before I get home to make the process faster lol

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Why? It was something that was built into the game. It was part of the game.
    But it was not a mandatory or even a necessarily essential part of the game. They could have never given us the option to transfer Pokémon. But they did, and people apparently latched onto it thinking that it was something that had to be included because they absolutely had to transfer their Pokémon.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

You dont know happy I was when i found out this was a thing seriously this takes ALL the stress away from not having this function

Going off the price of Wii points, My Pokémon Ranch cost $10. I thought I better point that out. I hardly ever used MPR.

Also, If you ask the right persons, we may remake this thread in the new Wifi section: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...hifting-Thread
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast