Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by jclol12 View Post
    Are you sure eShop is up and running? I just tried to go in and it said the services were offline in your region. (I live in the U.S)
    I never said anything about eShop already working at this point.
    What I'm trying to say is that, once eShop gets fixed, there is no guarantee that the Bank will be immediately available for download.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Oh ok. Lets just hope it comes out
    Last edited by jclol12; 28th December 2013 at 3:55 AM.

I'm pretty sure we'll have no problem transferring pokémon caught in apricorn pokéballs since they featured a Friend Ball, a Love Ball, & a Heavy Ball at the Pokéball Boutique, but just in case, has anyone who was lucky enough to obtain the Japanese version of pokétransporter tried migrating a pokémon caught in these rare pokéballs?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I'm pretty sure we'll have no problem transferring pokémon caught in apricorn pokéballs since they featured a Friend Ball, a Love Ball, & a Heavy Ball at the Pokéball Boutique, but just in case, has anyone who was lucky enough to obtain the Japanese version of pokétransporter tried migrating a pokémon caught in these rare pokéballs?
    Apricorn balls are transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    No freakin' way I'm going to trade HG/SS Pokemon to BW to XY. That's way too much trouble and time.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    No freakin' way I'm going to trade HG/SS Pokemon to BW to XY. That's way too much trouble and time.
    Heh. A few weeks back, I went through the trouble of trading a few guys from my old Pokémon Colosseum file ALL the way up to my copy of White 2. Annoying would be putting it nicely. :P

What frustrates me most of all about this whole mess is how it's going to hurt Nintendo's reputation. This kind of bad press is the LAST thing they need right now. Ugh.
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-3681-3604. Add me if you'd like, and send me a PM if you'd like to battle or trade. : )

Friend Safari Type: Electric. Contains Electrode, Electabuzz, and Luxio.

if pokemon bank isn't fixed they'll be bankrupt

Spoiler:- open:

i know they won't just wanted to make a pun
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Lord View Post
    Heh. A few weeks back, I went through the trouble of trading a few guys from my old Pokémon Colosseum file ALL the way up to my copy of White 2. Annoying would be putting it nicely. :P
    Ha I did the same thing... but instead I transferred ALL the pokemon I purified (which were pretty much all of the 48 or so pokemon) to Fire Red, then to Pal Park, then to White. It definitely took some time if I do say so myself lol

Quote Originally Posted by jclol12 View Post
    Ha I did the same thing... but instead I transferred ALL the pokemon I purified (which were pretty much all of the 48 or so pokemon) to Fire Red, then to Pal Park, then to White. It definitely took some time if I do say so myself lol
    Boy does that sound like some tedious work to do.. and i thought trading pokemon to yourself wasn't hard or annoying in better words bad enough.
    Pride is Unnecessary; Humble is bold
    3DS Friend Code: 1934-0895-1544 PM me if you add

Frieza Enters the Battle! Uses Freeze-Dry!

People are asking for free membership or a free Mew for this delay... Honestly, Nintendo is a company, and this is a way for them to get money, do you really think they will give the product they are trying to sell away for free? And a mew? Seriously guys, you get a celebi already.. People just need to wait for this short delay and then it'll feel even sweeter to get your old pokemon back!
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. -Mewtwo

My Safari:

DARK TYPE
    Crawdaunt
    Cacturne
    Sneasel
    FC: 3067 - 4545 - 8436

Quote Originally Posted by Acepkm View Post
    People are asking for free membership or a free Mew for this delay... Honestly, Nintendo is a company, and this is a way for them to get money, do you really think they will give the product they are trying to sell away for free? And a mew? Seriously guys, you get a celebi already.. People just need to wait for this short delay and then it'll feel even sweeter to get your old pokemon back!

all these brats just think they are entitled. It's not like we have already payed for it... now let's say we payed for a month, instead of a year,.. and it had already been out for abit.. then I could see some sort of compensation..

but bank is not even out in themajority of the world and the otherparts are in their 30 free days..so we really do not diserve anything.... they need to be glad they are giving the world a free celebi

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Acepkm View Post
    You're right.

Mostly because Nintendo isn't held responsible, but rather Game Freak.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    all these brats just think they are entitled. It's not like we have already payed for it... now let's say we payed for a month, instead of a year,.. and it had already been out for abit.. then I could see some sort of compensation..

but bank is not even out in themajority of the world and the otherparts are in their 30 free days..so we really do not diserve anything.... they need to be glad they are giving the world a free celebi
    I disagree. For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.

Also, the give-away of Celebi should not be used as an excuse - it's not like they were going to withhold it if everything had gone smoothly.
    Last edited by JFD; 28th December 2013 at 7:00 AM.

As I understood, the free trial was for a month, starting (or supposed to start) today and going through the end of January, right? I think at this point the only thing Nintendo/GF ought to do to compensate for the delay is adjust the timeframe of the free trial accordingly. A month-long trial was advertised, and I think in spite of everything, we players should still get a month-long trial.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    As I understood, the free trial was for a month, starting (or supposed to start) today and going through the end of January, right? I think at this point the only thing Nintendo/GF ought to do to compensate for the delay is adjust the timeframe of the free trial accordingly. A month-long trial was advertised, and I think in spite of everything, we players should still get a month-long trial.
    You understood wrong. The trial is one month from your sign up day, this offer being valid until February. Anyone that has already managed to sign up wont have their trial start until the service is put back up.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I believe that is the intention already.

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.
    This sounds largely the same as the people who have complained that the service is unusable for people without Internet access. It's true, but it's an individual circumstance by and large. Let's not pretend it's the case for enough people that it should make a difference.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I disagree. For some this mess is quite an inconvenience. For instance, I have only reliable internet access until I return home from family, at which point I may no longer be able to use the service. If I had planned my time around the release of Pokebank, as some have indicated that they have, then I would rightly feel the need for compensation. This is no mere reaction of bratishness.

Also, the give-away of Celebi should not be used as an excuse - it's not like they were going to withhold it if everything had gone smoothly.
    Considering that in this day and age, someone could easily say to you that you not having access to stable wi-fi is not an excuse. If this was 2007, you may have a point. Additionally, you're also misunderstanding the situation. There was nothing wrong with the app itself (including its servers, since it's been confirmed that people could access Pokemon Bank after eShop was shut down), it was the eShop servers that crashed, thus preventing NA/Euro/etc. from getting Pokemon Bank released. Essentially, you're coming off as entitled if you want GF to provide you compensation for something that was not even broken in the first place.

They already stated that no one will lose their 30-day trial. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    This sounds largely the same as the people who have complained that the service is unusable for people without Internet access. It's true, but it's an individual circumstance by and large. Let's not pretend it's the case for enough people that it should make a difference.
    You're right, which is why I don't feel the need for compensation personally. I'm just defending that there is reason in people's upset and that it is not merely out of sheer greed or childishness; thus there is no need for harsh backlash at those such people from those who are giving it.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Considering that in this day and age, someone could easily say to you that you not having access to stable wi-fi is not an excuse. If this was 2007, you may have a point. Additionally, you're also misunderstanding the situation. There was nothing wrong with the app itself (including its servers, since it's been confirmed that people could access Pokemon Bank after eShop was shut down), it was the eShop servers that crashed, thus preventing NA/Euro/etc. from getting Pokemon Bank released. Essentially, you're coming off as entitled if you want GF to provide you compensation for something that was not even broken in the first place.
    Except, in New Zealand, the internet services are comparatively poor.

And I'm not misunderstanding the situation. I recognize the issue itself does not arise from Pokebank. However, there was a decision made to release said app on a day that would already test the limits of the eShop; which is what people are rightfully upset about, and it is for that perceivably poor decision that people want compensation. I'm not going to presume to know the reason for this decision, but you must admit it is a difficult one to justify if you don't have a lot of technical knowledge behind the situation.
    Last edited by JFD; 28th December 2013 at 7:19 AM.

I'm just defending that there is reason in people's upset and that it is not merely out of sheer greed or childishness
    No, instead it's out of the notion that one's personal circumstances of being in a technological minority - and make no mistake, if you don't have reliable wireless Internet access of some sort in this day and age, that does put one in a technological minority - should dictate everything for the countless millions for whom it isn't an issue. I don't know what one word someone might use to define that, but it's just as bad and has equally no place in reasonable discussion.

And that is the crux of the argument - "This will work for countless millions but not me personally and therefore it's bad."

-----
    Words to|live by

this is almost 2014... there are free wifi hotspots everywhere these days.. go to a mcdonalds. I'm sure they will have it as well.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

No, instead it's out of the notion that one's personal circumstances of being in a technological minority - and make no mistake, if you don't have reliable wireless Internet access of some sort in this day and age, that does put one in a technological minority - should dictate everything for the countless millions for whom it isn't an issue. I don't know what one word someone might use to define that, but it's just as bad and has equally no place in reasonable discussion.

And that is the crux of the argument - "This will work for countless millions but not me personally and therefore it's bad."
    It's impossible to say how many people are inconvenienced by this situation, so I can't really say much more to it.

It's impossible to say how many people are inconvenienced by this situation
    How many exactly? Certainly so. But again, it's a relative minority, and a shrinking one at that.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    this is almost 2014... there are free wifi hotspots everywhere these days.. go to a mcdonalds. I'm sure they will have it as well.
    I never said I didn't have internet access. I do - at home, too. I said it was unreliable, because often my device will disconnect when switching between applications. But that wasn't my point. It's not an issue for me; I don't feel the need for compensation or anything. I just don't think it's fair that others should be attacked for believing that they do deserve compensation and them saying so. After all, they're probably just venting.

To be honest, I'm grateful that Japan had any access. I've managed to get most of the Pokemon from older games (excluding Legendaries, of course), and with a horde of Snivy hatchlings I'm able to get anything I need outside of Legendaries and Pokebank-exclusives. It's amazing. In order to complete the National Dex (for the Oval Charm) I had to trade my Yveltal (a spare, mind) to get Rhypherior. Now a Snivy will do it.
    Last edited by JFD; 28th December 2013 at 7:33 AM.

How many exactly? Certainly so. But again, it's a relative minority, and a shrinking one at that.
    Inconvenience can come from more than poor internet access; another poster indicated earlier that this release was the only time that they would have to use the service, because they worked too much to do so otherwise.

Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast