Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    Except, in New Zealand, the internet services are comparatively poor.

And I'm not misunderstanding the situation. I recognize the issue itself does not arise from Pokebank. However, there was a decision made to release said app on a day that would already test the limits of the eShop; which is what people are rightfully upset about, and it is for that perceivably poor decision that people want compensation. I'm not going to presume to know the reason for this decision, but you must admit it is a difficult one to justify if you don't have a lot of technical knowledge behind the situation.
    Then the blame falls on Nintendo (who is responsible for maintaining the eShop and its servers), which is a completely separate entity from GameFreak. Therefore, the argument that one should be compensated for this debacle makes even less sense when you consider who is actually at fault. If this was GameFreak's fault, you'd have a point.

Inconvenience can come from more than poor internet access; another poster indicated earlier that this release was the only time that they would have to use the service, because they worked too much to do so otherwise.
    We can sit here and name myriad personal inconveniences all day and all night. To do so would be missing the point of what I'm saying.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We can sit here and name myriad personal inconveniences all day and all night. To do so would be missing the point of what I'm saying.
    You're saying that only a minority is inconvenienced by this, but you can't just say that - because it's impossible to know this data.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Then the blame falls on Nintendo (who is responsible for maintaining the eShop and its servers), which is a completely separate entity from GameFreak. Therefore, the argument that one should be compensated for this debacle makes even less sense when you consider who is actually at fault. If this was GameFreak's fault, you'd have a point.
    You're right, of course. But I didn't see an argument; just an attack on a general opinion.
    Last edited by JFD; 28th December 2013 at 7:39 AM.

You're saying that only a minority is inconvenienced by this, but you can't just say that - because it's impossible to know this data.
    No, it really isn't. When you take common sense and compare the number of people who will have absotively posilutely no problem using this service day in and day out and compare it to the number of people who don't have Internet access or are too busy or their parents don't allow it or their dog doesn't like it or or or or or, one cannot possibly conclude logically that the latter is anything but a minority.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

you don't need data to know that the minority is indeed people without internet. it's common sense, and i agree with BCVM, a minority isn't going to make a difference in the case of pokebank
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    No, it really isn't. When you take common sense and compare the number of people who will have absotively posilutely no problem using this service day in and day out and compare it to the number of people who don't have Internet access or are too busy or their parents don't allow it or their dog doesn't like it or or or or or, one cannot possibly conclude logically that the latter is anything but a minority.
    I'm not necessarily saying the inconvenienced are not a minority; I'm saying I won't presume that they are a vast enough minority that Nintendo won't consider them. It has nothing to do with common sense or a lack thereof. I just don't reason like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greninja VI View Post
    you don't need data to know that the minority is indeed people without internet. it's common sense, and i agree with BCVM, a minority isn't going to make a difference in the case of pokebank
    I would confidently say that the majority of people who play pokemon have internet-access. But I'm trying to acknowledge other inconveniences as well.
    Last edited by JFD; 28th December 2013 at 8:01 AM.

i havent read all the arguments and im not gonna bother
    but i'll say this, complaining wont change a thing, it sucks not to be able to access internet for pokebank but the fact of the matter is, gamefreak couldnt care less as far as it seems so no point in arguing

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewing View Post
    i havent read all the arguments and im not gonna bother
    but i'll say this, complaining wont change a thing, it sucks not to be able to access internet for pokebank but the fact of the matter is, gamefreak couldnt care less as far as it seems so no point in arguing
    ironically, the complaining hadn't much to do with our inability to access it, but rather those who can't access it at all due to no internets. :P i'm ok with it not being accessible yet. it makes the pokemon we DO get much more rare. they are multiplying due to breeding and wonder trading. the only pokemon i was able to get my hands on prior to the shut down was piplup and that's because i traded a trade fodder mewtwo for one. and then after that i've gotten chimchar, cyndaquil, and a few others through wonder trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Inconvenience can come from more than poor internet access; another poster indicated earlier that this release was the only time that they would have to use the service, because they worked too much to do so otherwise.
    Nothing personal to that guy who works too much but the only net access I get is when I'm at work and I work too much to use it. You know what I do? I leave home a half hour early and use it then. He could do the same and stop by mcds or starbucks.

On topic now tho I myself am a little peeved at the delay. But then I remember that times like this is how they improve. It wouldn't be surprising if they took this opprotunity to do an overhaul on there servers so this won't happen again.
    3DS friend Code: 2020-0208-4013, need friends for friend safari so please PM me yours as well
    Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, and Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by JoshRJV77 View Post
    I was finally able to get all the unobtainable pokemon (excluding event legendaries) through the gts and got the shiny charm! I was numbed about the delay but it gave me something to do, trying to gather them through trades! I know they are pretty much all hacked but for now at least they fill the dex, and when the bank does go live I'll be able to transfer my legit ones over! I wanted the shiny charm but just wondering if anyone knows what it knocks the odds down to in this gen?
    Do you not need to see Event Legendaries to complete the Dex then?

Do you not need to see Event Legendaries to complete the Dex then?
    You have never needed to see event legendaries for national dex completion.
    e: Or regional dex completion except for Platinum which is why Manaphy showed up in a book

I didn't know this. Thanks.

Oh wow this is getting serious, I hoped to see pokébank back so bad, that I started a combined dream about it with my future new smart phone. Lool.

is the date still not decided?

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz View Post
    Oh wow this is getting serious, I hoped to see pokébank back so bad, that I started a combined dream about it with my future new smart phone. Lool.

is the date still not decided?
    Nope
    And for the people in the Netherlands pokemon bank is even removed from the main page and the XY section.
    The only way to find it is by manually searching for it...
    I suppose they'll announce it when they'll think atleast a minimum amount of people that should register with an Nintendo Network ID have registered.
    So I guess we'll get the announcement of the date in like 3 days?
    That you know I'm just saying what sounds a bit logical but there is no logic now since we got like 0 information abou the date.

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Just checked eShop and it seems to be working normally again. Pokebank is still TBD though, but eShop running smoothly is a good sign.
    Espurr is the best gen 6 Pokemon. Obviously

I think that what has really sent us all in a panic and getting mad at Nintendo and Gamefreak is the fact that the release date is a total mystery, so we are all left wondering when we're gunna get it and if it will be ages.
    If the date was just delayed lets say, five days and they put that up, this whole thread would be a lot smaller, it would be annoying that it's been delayed but at least we have some idea when it's coming out instead of speculating and worrying. I can't say that I can see them delaying the release of it more then a week from the 27th.
    Has left Serebii forums.

During the times of 6PM to 6AM in Japan time, the eShop is up for everyone else but Japan. And 6AM and 6PM it's up in Japan but down elsewhere.
    Sucks that the Eastern side of Australia can't access the eShop between 8am and 8pm so we have to access it earlier in the morning or at night. Oh well. At least it's available at midnight and when new games come out, I should be able to get them around midnight so yeah.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

people shouldn't be complaining they just making pokebank bit updated more cuz hacks got into system which they didn't expect.... just bare with them in the mean time and just train more kalos pokemon more =)

I expect nothing will be done to improve the hack-check system; at the very least especially not now.

I expect nothing will be done to improve the hack-check system; at the very least especially not now.
    I agree, plus what can they do? There's no other way to tell if a Pokemon's level is hacked or if they're shiny hacked. They've done the most they have. And it was released later so they had PLENTY if time already to counter hacks. The only way to fully counter hacks is in the next game make it hack proof and not be able to transfer any pokemon, but that's stupid.

And really, who the hell cares? As long as their stats aren't hacked and they don't mess up my game I couldn't care less if they are hacked pokemon. They're just Pokemon after all. And if people really don't want a hacked pokemon, just use trusted forums. I use serebii for trading because I can trust it.

And like everyone on this forum has said, Pokemon Bank was taken down and delayed because the eShop couldn't handle the influx of people storming the shop at Christmas, so has been delayed for a later date that won't have huge traffic. Nothing else.
    Has left Serebii forums.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiePieFox View Post
    I think that what has really sent us all in a panic and getting mad at Nintendo and Gamefreak is the fact that the release date is a total mystery, so we are all left wondering when we're gunna get it and if it will be ages.If the date was just delayed lets say, five days and they put that up, this whole thread would be a lot smaller, it would be annoying that it's been delayed but at least we have some idea when it's coming out instead of speculating and worrying. I can't say that I can see them delaying the release of it more then a week from the 27th.
    I know what you mean. I'm trying to be optimistic & hope that it will be out in a few days, but the longer the release da stays TBD, the more I feel like Pokémon Bank won't be out until January 2015
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

You can pretty easily get flawless Pokemon without hacking nowadays. It's pretty much a non-issue if they are hacked to have perfect IVs. At least you will not see transferred Pokemon in VGC as they are banned. Not that it's an issue anyways. What I do know about the hack check is it blocks hacked moves and abilities. However unreleased Hidden Abilities such as Contrary Snivy can still go through apparently.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by sheld999 View Post
    people shouldn't be complaining they just making pokebank bit updated more cuz hacks got into system which they didn't expect.... just bare with them in the mean time and just train more kalos pokemon more =)
    Stop making things up.
    They changed the date because the servers crashed because people had to register Nintendo Network ID's.

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Stop making things up.
    They changed the date because the servers crashed because people had to register Nintendo Network ID's.
    Technically, there's two sides to this. One is the massive kerfuffle that the eShop servers suffered due to the Nintendo Network IDs. As far as I know, that has been rectified. However, this is is only one part in itself.

Due to the limitations that I only decided to make my return to the Pokémon community after several years, I cannot link anything directly. But there was a recent post on Kotaku about Pokemon Bank, and it's inability to screen hacked pokémon.

If anything, the main reason they took down the download for Pokémon Bank, would probably be so that they would at the very least, be able to screen out any 'obviously' hacked Pokémon. And considering all data that goes into a pokémon, they're doing their utmost best to make sure we don't have a total mess of the Global Trade System as there has been in the past.

At least, that's my own thoughts on the matter, at least.
    -- Part of the Pokémon Adventure since 1998 --
    [Pokémon Global Link Profile]

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    You can pretty easily get flawless Pokemon without hacking nowadays. It's pretty much a non-issue if they are hacked to have perfect IVs. At least you will not see transferred Pokemon in VGC as they are banned. Not that it's an issue anyways. What I do know about the hack check is it blocks hacked moves and abilities. However unreleased Hidden Abilities such as Contrary Snivy can still go through apparently.
    Even though they go through, they cannot be used online for some reason.

Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125 LastLast