Page 13 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Who noticed that the mini sprites for the pokemon are updated? May just be for Bank, I don't know.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    No; that's why they hack-check when you try to use the Pokemon online, rather than needlessly restrict and charge everyone else for using legitimate Pokemon.
    This conspiracy theory that Game Freak is charging for transfers solely for hack checks is ridiculous. You're being charged for the storage space, and the charge for transfers is a consequence of the transfer needing that storage space. The hack check system is there because hacks are a violation of the copyrights on the games, Game Freak has every right to take action against them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Who noticed that the mini sprites for the pokemon are updated? May just be for Bank, I don't know.
    They're updated throughout the entire game.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 4th September 2013 at 11:34 PM.

I actually think this is a great idea! It can help save some storage and keep Pokémon that you desperately don't want to release. The only thing I'm concerned about is what will happen if the server crashes.

You're sending them to yourself; there's no multiplayer component to Pokemon Bank (unless you're sharing your account with someone - I wonder if they'll have a way to avoid making that a thing).
    Yeah from Bank but then it's on the game to be distributed to the GTS or something like that, just kill them off in one spot, that's what GF are doing, they'll either not allow them into Bank or better would be to not allow them onto X and Y once they're in Bank, essentially deleting them, that will stop people cheating.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

They're updated throughout the entire game.
    Sweet! I always like those nice little touches that don't seem like much, shows how much effort they put, to even fix up stuff like that
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I actually think this is a great idea! It can help save some storage and keep Pokémon that you desperately don't want to release. The only thing I'm concerned about is what will happen if the server crashes.
    im sure they will be backed up some how

but to be fair you could just as easily break your game and loose all your data...

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Yeah from Bank but then it's on the game to be distributed to the GTS or something like that, just kill them off in one spot, that's what GF are doing, they'll either not allow them into Bank or better would be to not allow them onto X and Y once they're in Bank, essentially deleting them, that will stop people cheating.
    as opposed to just checking the Pokemon when you try to use them online

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    This conspiracy theory that Game Freak is charging for transfers solely for hack checks is ridiculous. You're being charged for the storage space, and the charge for transfers is a consequence of the transfer needing that storage space. The hack check system is there because hacks are a violation of the copyrights on the games, Game Freak has every right to take action against them.
    That was my point, the idea that they're checking solely for hacks is ridiculous; if they made an offline version that puts the Pokemon directly onto your SD Card, they wouldn't need to charge for storage space. The question I posed was why that wasn't the case, and the conspiracy theory was the only argument that came up against it.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    im sure they will be backed up some how

but to be fair you could just as easily break your game and loose all your data...
    There will definitely be backups. No way they'd risk having live-only servers without anything as a safetynet.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

as opposed to just checking the Pokemon when you try to use them online
    Obviously GF went for not having them exist anywhere as opposed to just banning them from official tournaments/online. But why check date every single time their is a tournament when they could do it via the cloud and know for a fact that everything on there is defo legit. Ofcourse this is still dependent on how hack proof the 3DS is, but that's easier to patch than a DS. So in the long run the cloud idea is waaaaaaay easier for GF in the long run.

This is my issue and my only issue with the $5 annual fee. Otherwise I don't care.

I shouldn't have to use an internet based program costing an annual fee just to transfer Pokemon when every past generation you didn't need an internet based program to transfer Pokemon, or even store Pokemon in some special extra program.

The $5 fee should only be applicable in reference to storing your Pokemon in a virtual internet based system, like cloud.

But why should it cost money (annually) for those who don't want to deal with the cloud?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Will the bank be vulnerable to hackers? I'd hate to have someone clean me out.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This is my issue and my only issue with the $5 annual fee. Otherwise I don't care.

I shouldn't have to use an internet based program costing an annual fee just to transfer Pokemon when every past generation you didn't need an internet based program to transfer Pokemon, or even store Pokemon in some special extra program.

The $5 fee should only be applicable in reference to storing your Pokemon in a virtual internet based system, like cloud.

But why should it cost money (annually) for those who don't want to deal with the cloud?
    My exact mentality, right here. You basically have to pay to transfer Pokemon? Who thought that was a good idea?

I am disappointed that we can't transfer from 5th gen games to 6th gen games through a facility just like how the 4th gen are transfer to 5th, I don't have wi-fi so getting Pokemon Bank is impossible for me.
    Currently waiting for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

Will they hack check just check what's being transferred to the cloud (legitimate children of illegitimate parents) or what's in every box on the game (mostly AR'd)?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    My exact mentality, right here. You basically have to pay to transfer Pokemon? Who thought that was a good idea?
    It's not hard to pay five dollars.

Especially when it's yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Will they hack check just check what's being transferred to the cloud (legitimate children of illegitimate parents) or what's in every box on the game (mostly AR'd)?
    probs whats being trasnfered I would assume it will be like trying to transfer a pokemon with an HM move and you just cant select it

sucks for anybody who believes their level 9 zekrom is real

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    It's not hard to pay five dollars.

Especially when it's yearly.
    It's still a feature that used to be free, and now on a console that has a DS cartridge slot (so it's not like you need to go the ridiculous route of having two consoles like 4th-to-5th gen). On principle, I think the idea of basically charging for an important feature is a load of crap, no matter how little it costs.

And the spikey eared pichu is still stuck in gen 4.
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

The economy/games industry is ever changing. Things cant be free-of-charge forever :/

Eventually there will be sacrifices, changes, compromises etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

I think the idea of basically charging for an important feature is a load of crap, no matter how little it costs.
    Only it's not really that important. We survived RSE, we could survive another generation without transfers.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

It's still a feature that used to be free, and now on a console that has a DS cartridge slot (so it's not like you need to go the ridiculous route of having two consoles like 4th-to-5th gen). On principle, I think the idea of basically charging for an important feature is a load of crap, no matter how little it costs
    I think Endolise hit the nail on the head when they said

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    What we're saying is that being able to transfer Pokémon is a priviledge, not a right.

Everyone can have their qualms about Pokemon Bank if they want, but when you really think about, GameFreak is providing a really awesome service to us and minimal cost. Yes, it use to be free in the past, but things change at technology changes so we have to go with the flow. $5 a year is NOTHING compared to other video games who have DLC, or a annual/monthly service. First and foremost, GameFreak is a business. They have to make money some how, and not everyone who has a DS also has a 3DS yet, so sales may not be as high as expected, so the $5 may make up some costs if there are lack of sales. Even if it doesn't, GameFreak will still stay afloat, but money doesn't last forever. Just like we have to spend money, so do they.

Many players seem so damn ungrateful that GameFreak has given us such a cool new feature and all people care about is the principal of paying for something that was originally free, even though you had to buy another DS just to trade/transfer in previous games. This saves so much money, and it will take almost 25 years to match up what a 2DS costs, unless some of you are gifted with older siblings who can give you a DS or 3DS for free. I'm glad you guys flaunt that. That'll change people's opinions of you *rolls eyes*

I'm sick and tired of people recklessly tossing around non-sequitur buzzwords like "extortion" and "principles" without knowing the correct definitions. It's a damn Pokemon game. Grow a pair and move on. Sheesh.
    Last edited by King Shuckle; 5th September 2013 at 12:01 AM.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

It's still a feature that used to be free, and now on a console that has a DS cartridge slot (so it's not like you need to go the ridiculous route of having two consoles like 4th-to-5th gen). On principle, I think the idea of basically charging for an important feature is a load of crap, no matter how little it costs.
    Price and however they are doing it aside can be considered irrelevant. GF didn't have to do anything like this, you should be glad that there is any kind of way to make the transfer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    There would be back ups and other safeguards in place I would imagine.

I doubt Nintendo would be keen on the uproar and bad press that would occur if they lost everyone's precious pokemon. At least from a gamer perspective.

Page 13 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast