Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #326
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This is my issue and my only issue with the $5 annual fee. Otherwise I don't care.

    I shouldn't have to use an internet based program costing an annual fee just to transfer Pokemon when every past generation you didn't need an internet based program to transfer Pokemon, or even store Pokemon in some special extra program.

    The $5 fee should only be applicable in reference to storing your Pokemon in a virtual internet based system, like cloud.

    But why should it cost money (annually) for those who don't want to deal with the cloud?
    Because Gens 1 and 2 and Gens 3-5 had one thing in common, they could communicate with each other. Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C/ were all on the same console and used the same cartridge. DS games could communicate with Gameboy Advanced Games. So there was a free system in place because there was no need for a bank system (Even then it was costly what with buying link cables and second consoles). But because DS and 3DS games cannot communicate with each other, there HAS to be a storage system separate from both games that could communicate with both of them.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States Of America
    Posts
    44

    Default

    So wait when will the transfer thing be realeased in america

  3. #328
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here, duh.
    Posts
    510

    Default

    The "privilege, not a right" thing is a mentality that could be applied to anything within Pokemon. Special items for evolutions in the estore? Pokemon that need to be bought for you to complete the Pokedex? These concepts are ridiculous, and yet it's perfectly fine for, again, a feature that's been in the games for a decade?

    Yes, $5 isn't very much. But it still doesn't change the fact that they took a very prevalent, very important feature for completing the game and basically slapped a price tag on it because they couldn't be arsed to come up with a transfer method that didn't involve buying an app that most people aren't even going to need in the first place.

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    The "privilege, not a right" thing is a mentality that could be applied to anything within Pokemon. Special items for evolutions in the estore? Pokemon that need to be bought for you to complete the Pokedex? These concepts are ridiculous, and yet it's perfectly fine for, again, a feature that's been in the games for a decade?

    Yes, $5 isn't very much. But it still doesn't change the fact that they took a very prevalent, very important feature for completing the game and basically slapped a price tag on it because they couldn't be arsed to come up with a transfer method that didn't involve buying an app that most people aren't even going to need in the first place.
    Only because they could achieve it. There is no way of doing that connection anymore so something different had to happen.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  5. #330
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    the Hoenn coastlinei on Lapras
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KyogreWailer17 View Post
    So wait when will the transfer thing be realeased in america
    I am hoping the same time as Japan but I dont' think they have said let. According to The Serebii Main page in Europe on December 27th but no word on American I don't think. If any staff member or other person wants to correct me feel free.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

    Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    The "privilege, not a right" thing is a mentality that could be applied to anything within Pokemon. Special items for evolutions in the estore? Pokemon that need to be bought for you to complete the Pokedex? These concepts are ridiculous, and yet it's perfectly fine for, again, a feature that's been in the games for a decade?

    Yes, $5 isn't very much. But it still doesn't change the fact that they took a very prevalent, very important feature for completing the game and basically slapped a price tag on it because they couldn't be arsed to come up with a transfer method that didn't involve buying an app that most people aren't even going to need in the first place.
    Completing the game has never, ever been a requirement in any Pokémon game at all.

    And since when was Poketransfer ever "important"?
    Last edited by Dragalge; 5th September 2013 at 12:02 AM.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Somewhere quiet.
    Posts
    315

    Default

    My only question is this:
    Exactly how do we pay the yearly fee?
    Is it through the application itself, or the eShop?
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Outside Erika's Gym
    Posts
    118

    Default

    So let's say you buy it for a year. If the next year you don't pay the 5 dollars to renew it, do you lose every poke you had on it? It's basically a real life version of the day care couple holding your pokes hostage until you pay them.
        Spoiler:- Pokedex:

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clinkclang View Post
    My only question is this:
    Exactly how do we pay the yearly fee?
    Is it through the application itself, or the eShop?
    My guess is through the eShop. Time will tell, though.

    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Price and however they are doing it aside can be considered irrelevant. GF didn't have to do anything like this, you should be glad that there is any kind of way to make the transfer possible.
    people just expect more than they give its one extreme to the other

    'OMG I CANT TRANSFER MY POKEMON OMG IM NOT BUYING THE GAMES' to 'OMG I HAVE TO PAY Ł5 TO TRANSFER MY POKEMON OMG IM NOT BUYING THE GAMES'

    odds are these people are the ones that have all the hacked pokes... that's why they are annoyed

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Will they hack check just check what's being transferred to the cloud (legitimate children of illegitimate parents) or what's in every box on the game (mostly AR'd)?
    To be honest I don't know. But It heads to the Box system first, before X&Y.

    Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    Will the bank be vulnerable to hackers? I'd hate to have someone clean me out.
    Quite safe, I can't make any garrentees, but most hackers won't be looking for Pokémon Data, but something that could earn them money.

    Plus Cloud storage is should result in your data being stored at several places at the same time!

    I've been messing with Cloud Storage for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    My exact mentality, right here. You basically have to pay to transfer Pokemon? Who thought that was a good idea?
    You don't have to.. I can see another way. But You need to convince the staff you want this thread for 5th-to-6th gen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Also, If you ask the right persons, we may remake this thread in the new Wifi section: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...hifting-Thread
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  12. #337
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here, duh.
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Completing the game has never, ever been a requirement in any Pokémon game at all.
    It's still one of the biggest, most important parts of the entire game. You are explicitly told at the beginning of each installment to complete your Pokedex, it's something major to strive for. It is a Mons series, probably the one with the largest emphasis on collection. Acting like it's not a big deal that now you get to pay real money on top of hunting down other people who play the game is ridiculous.

    Look, I don't see this as a deal-breaker. I don't think it's an uber-huge-big-deal in the long run for X/Y. I just don't like the stupid trend of microtransactions in games for stuff that was previously free, and seeing it in one of my favorite series is something that I find damn worrying given the trends of other games in the industry.

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Just wait until TMs cost $1 a piece. It's only a dollar right? Oh but there are 95 of them. Plus how ever many they add in these games.


    Every month since January I got a little less excited about X/Y and now I'm glad I didn't save up for that 3DS.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DazedMinezumi View Post
    So let's say you buy it for a year. If the next year you don't pay the 5 dollars to renew it, do you lose every poke you had on it? It's basically a real life version of the day care couple holding your pokes hostage until you pay them.
    My guess is that you can still access it and withdraw from the bank, but they cut off the ability to deposit or transfer to Pokemon Bank.

    FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    people just expect more than they give its one extreme to the other

    'OMG I CANT TRANSFER MY POKEMON OMG IM NOT BUYING THE GAMES' to 'OMG I HAVE TO PAY Ł5 TO TRANSFER MY POKEMON OMG IM NOT BUYING THE GAMES'

    odds are these people are the ones that have all the hacked pokes... that's why they are annoyed
    That's a very unfair assumption, though. I doubt that most of the people have hacked Pokemon. The point is, as many positives as there are to this, it's not perfect. I'm not saying it's flawed, but the uproar isn't totally unjustified.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  16. #341
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    people just expect more than they give its one extreme to the other

    'OMG I CANT TRANSFER MY POKEMON OMG IM NOT BUYING THE GAMES' to 'OMG I HAVE TO PAY Ł5 TO TRANSFER MY POKEMON OMG IM NOT BUYING THE GAMES'

    odds are these people are the ones that have all the hacked pokes... that's why they are annoyed
    I don't really agree with this. I'm going to admit that the payment is a little annoying. It's not game-breaking or anything, but it's okay to be a little annoyed. Now I'm not okay with people blatantly overreacting, because that's just immature. But accusing them of being hackers just for voicing their feelings for the feature is unfair.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  17. #342
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    874

    Default

    I dont think there are many technological ventures out there at the moment that could be deemed as perfect. Nintendo are doing what any smart company would do. Charging a fee, but making it more than reasonable.

    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    Because Gens 1 and 2 and Gens 3-5 had one thing in common, they could communicate with each other. Pokemon R/B/Y and G/S/C/ were all on the same console and used the same cartridge. DS games could communicate with Gameboy Advanced Games. So there was a free system in place because there was no need for a bank system (Even then it was costly what with buying link cables and second consoles). But because DS and 3DS games cannot communicate with each other, there HAS to be a storage system separate from both games that could communicate with both of them.
    That is not at all my point.

    Especially when you consider Pokemon Box, or Pokemon Ranch.

    Sure I have no problems straight out buying Pokemon Bank or even Pokemon Transporter, that isn't the issue.

    The issue is paying $5 to use it when the only reason you would need to is for cloud services.

    You shouldn't need a cloud service to transfer your Pokemon period.

    That's my point.

    You just need a Pokemon Box like program that can transfer Pokemon from one generation to another.

    Does this cloud service really need to be some intermediary system between the two generations?

    Because I cannot see the issue of a program connecting to both a DS game and a 3DS game, especially when a 3DS only program (not DSI) like Dream Radar can actually connect to a DS game.

    So a 3DS program can connect to a DS game but not as well as a 3DS game?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    It's still one of the biggest, most important parts of the entire game. You are explicitly told at the beginning of each installment to complete your Pokedex, it's something major to strive for. It is a Mons series, probably the one with the largest emphasis on collection. Acting like it's not a big deal that now you get to pay real money on top of hunting down other people who play the game is ridiculous.

    Look, I don't see this as a deal-breaker. I don't think it's an uber-huge-big-deal in the long run for X/Y. I just don't like the stupid trend of microtransactions in games for stuff that was previously free, and seeing it in one of my favorite series is something that I find damn worrying given the trends of other games in the industry.
    Again, anyone who thinks transferring was free is relying on a concept FILLED with illusions. At risk of repeating myself, I'm gonna just write this:
    >Gen I and Gen II - You had to buy a proprietary item just to have access to the transferring (aka Game Boy Link).
    >Gen IV and V - You had to buy another console solely for trading/transporting just to have access to your old Pokemon.
    The only argument you really have for free transfer is Gen III>IV, but that was assuming you had the DS Lite, Especially when the DSi was already out and eliminated the GBA port.

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Arguments aside I'm not too fussed, I know what I'm going to use this for and I think it's worth Ł3 a year from me. I can restart B2/W2 now without worrying about losing boxes and boxes of Pokemon so this has basically let me keep enjoying generation V games for many more years. Same will happen for X and Y, I can start over as many times as I want and play it over and over and still I'm only paying Ł33 for it. It's win win for me, can't wait.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  21. #346
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Completing the game has never, ever been a requirement in any Pokémon game at all.

    And since when was Poketransfer ever "important"?
    Well.. it is kinda the ultimate goal? How you complete the game?
    Especially during the Gotta Catch Em All days..

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  22. #347
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Stockton, CA
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Just wait until TMs cost $1 a piece. It's only a dollar right? Oh but there are 95 of them. Plus how ever many they add in these games.


    Every month since January I got a little less excited about X/Y and now I'm glad I didn't save up for that 3DS.
    You are trying to envision a highly unrealistic notion that is not only asinine, but extremely erroneous. Just because you have to pay a minimal fee for one feature doesn't mean everything in the game costs actual money. You'd be foolish to think that.

    FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    That's a very unfair assumption, though. I doubt that most of the people have hacked Pokemon. The point is, as many positives as there are to this, it's not perfect. I'm not saying it's flawed, but the uproar isn't totally unjustified.
    it is though at the end of the day GF is a business and what do business's do? they make money that's all GF is doing so they can continue to make Pokémon games and keep this app going so we can keep using it for the next 10 - 20 years

    if they don't like it they should stop complaining get off serebii.net and go get their pokes transfer ready for their free month of transfers (harsh yes but true as they only have a month)

    I personally think its a great Idea and I have no problem giving GF Ł5 for a year of transfer allowing me to still enjoy my Gen 3, 4 and 5 games for years to come while enjoying Gen 6

  24. #349
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here, duh.
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Yeah, it's not like I want to bring along my beloved shiny Espeon (which has incredibly sentimental value to me, being evolved from a shiny Eevee I got from an official HGSS tournament) on my future adventures with me or anything. I'm just TOTES HAXXORS

    And it's not like I've ever had to deal with wi-fi connections that didn't allow Nintendo consoles, or didn't have wi-fi at all. Nope.

    If we're just going to waste time bandying around unfounded accusations because god-forbid we find something annoying, how about I say that everyone in favor of being charged $5 for transferring is getting paid off by Nintendo? That's not counterproductive at all! Absolutely not!

  25. #350
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Just wait until TMs cost $1 a piece. It's only a dollar right? Oh but there are 95 of them. Plus how ever many they add in these games.


    Every month since January I got a little less excited about X/Y and now I'm glad I didn't save up for that 3DS.
    I highly doubt Pokemon is going to go down the fully-fledged microtransactions route. A yearly payment for a server-based service is reasonable because servers cost money to maintain and get set up, whereas the TMs system hasnt changed since day 1 in terms of main mechanics (other than them making them reusable).

    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •