Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Eek, I just noticed the irony in the name Pokemon Bank; not only does it store your Pokemon, but you have to pay for it so you're essentially putting money in Gamefreak's bank account. I wonder if that was done on purpose. Anyway, all joking aside, I think they could've easily made that Pokemon Transporter thing without the cloud storage. I mean if all we want to do is transfer Pokemon, why do we have to purchase the cloud storage software? I could understand Pokemon Bank costing money because it's like Pokemon Box, but the transporter should be separate and free since it's essentially a cross-generational GTS. I hate that the only way to get the transporter software is to buy Pokemon Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Again, anyone who thinks transferring was free is relying on a concept FILLED with illusions. At risk of repeating myself, I'm gonna just write this:
    >Gen I and Gen II - You had to buy a proprietary item just to have access to the transferring (aka Game Boy Link).
    >Gen IV and V - You had to buy another console solely for trading/transporting just to have access to your old Pokemon.
    The only argument you really have for free transfer is Gen III>IV, but that was assuming you had the DS Lite, Especially when the DSi was already out and eliminated the GBA port.
    This doesn't work, because it's not like anyone genuinely believes their 3DS system can hold a DS game as well as a 3DS game to make transfers that way.

Clearly a program was going to be required, and of course such a program was never going to be offered for free. However the additional annual fee is what's the problem and only based on cloud storage.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    You are trying to envision a highly unrealistic notion that is not only asinine, but extremely erroneous. Just because you have to pay a minimal fee for one feature doesn't mean everything in the game costs actual money. You'd be foolish to think that.
    What I think he is saying, and it is possible, is that they are testing where people will actually spend money for features on the games.
    If enough people buy it, then they may start to do it more frequently, starting to sell master balls and stuff for $10 or something.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    What I think he is saying, and it is possible, is that they are testing where people will actually spend money for features on the games.
    If enough people buy it, then they may start to do it more frequently, starting to sell master balls and stuff for $10 or something.
    Again, even if they did that..you don't have to buy it O_o
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    I dont think there are many technological ventures out there at the moment that could be deemed as perfect. Nintendo are doing what any smart company would do. Charging a fee, but making it more than reasonable.
    Well, no, but what I mean is, not all the people complaining about it are exactly wrong for thinking that way. One side will be more correct, but that doesn't mean that the other side is totally wrong. That's the point I'm trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    it is though at the end of the day GF is a business and what do business's do? they make money that's all GF is doing so they can continue to make Pokémon games and keep this app going so we can keep using it for the next 10 - 20 years

if they don't like it they should stop complaining get off serebii.net and go get their pokes transfer ready for their free month of transfers (harsh yes but true as they only have a month)

I personally think its a great Idea and I have no problem giving GF Ł5 for a year of transfer allowing me to still enjoy my Gen 3, 4 and 5 games for years to come while enjoying Gen 6
    Well, of course, I'm not calling out GF for charging people for this. I'm just saying that blanket statement is a bit much. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind this feature. I actually think it's quite creative of them to switch to such a system. I just find no surprise that there would be an uproar like this.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 5th September 2013 at 12:28 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'd honestly hate it, it's bad enough that you have to spend a whole crap load of real money for a resource on an online game where you need to have lots of that resource (even if you get some of it for free) to even actually affect the game to actually matter.

I'm not going to spend $100 on something when everything in game requires 10% of that.

I'd rather spend $100 on brand new games.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Quite safe, I can't make any guarantees, but most hackers won't be looking for Pokémon Data, but something that could earn them money.

Plus Cloud storage is should result in your data being stored at several places at the same time!

I've been messing with Cloud Storage for years.
    Some hackers destroy crap for the "lulz."
    Stand by for political rant that no one else really cares about.

3DS friend code: 1650 1976 9524

My FS type is Steel with Magneton, Forretress and Bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Again, even if they did that..you don't have to buy it O_o
    But still, you wouldn't think bad of Nintendo for doing that? (Well, if they do it, which they probably never would but who knows)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

My thoughts:

Overall I like it. It is a way to both store and transfer Pokemon across the Gen border, with just ONE 3DS. Plus, 3000! Wow! When I first heard that there would be an annual charge, I was very disappointed. Then I saw the price. A measly $5 a YEAR for such a great service? Wonderful! Plus hack check? Even better!
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

I was a little cheesed when I saw there was a fee, but the fee is low, and this seems to be a permanent solution to cross-gen transferring.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

But still, you wouldn't think bad of Nintendo for doing that? (Well, if they do it, which they probably never would but who knows)
    If they need money they need money, I won't begrudge them for that. I'd think it unorthodox but Masuda himself seems to not like the idea of paying for DLC for the games so I'd be very surprised of they did something like that.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by LDSman View Post
    Some hackers destroy crap for the "lulz."
    Multiple layers of both security and redundancy make this near impossible.
    3DS Friend Code: 4012-4489-0237

My Friend Safari: Ground with Sandshrew (Slot 1), Camerupt (Slot 2), and Diggersby (Slot 3).

NNID: garretslarrity

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    That is not at all my point.

Especially when you consider Pokemon Box, or Pokemon Ranch.

Those still cost money and for the price of those two systems, you can get YEARS of service with the cloud based system.

Sure I have no problems straight out buying Pokemon Bank or even Pokemon Transporter, that isn't the issue.

The issue is paying $5 to use it when the only reason you would need to is for cloud services.

Even as a Pokemon Box program (Which is what this is technically), it would still cost to set up servers that will hack-check pokemon being transfered from Gen 5 to Gen 6.

You shouldn't need a cloud service to transfer your Pokemon period.

As was the point of my statement above, yes...you do.

That's my point.

You just need a Pokemon Box like program that can transfer Pokemon from one generation to another.

Which is what this is. Just more built for the long term to be used for multiple gens beyond 6. To cover the cost of updating the systems.

Does this cloud service really need to be some intermediary system between the two generations?

As stated above

Because I cannot see the issue of a program connecting to both a DS game and a 3DS game, especially when a 3DS only program (not DSI) like Dream Radar can actually connect to a DS game.

It's a 3DS program designed to talk to DS games but NOT to 3DS games. Plus, that also cost money.

So a 3DS program can connect to a DS game but not as well as a 3DS game?

Creating a program that talks to both for the sole reason of transfer and storing pokemon (Because chances are you'll run out of box room in the main game) costs money.

"Bold" = my comments
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    I was a little cheesed when I saw there was a fee, but the fee is low, and this seems to be a permanent solution to cross-gen transferring.
    3000 Pokemon and this permanent solution is the only reason to like this method, but still for some of it for 5th to 6th generation, it shouldn't have been internet based requiring an annual fee.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I don't get a lot of money but whatever.

Initially when I heard you had to transfer I was pissed almost the whole day.
    Then I heard about the Free Trial... Gives me time to transfer and pay for it eventually.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

i'm wondering something here. i have 2 3DS systems so if i for example have the app on the one that has my black version or my white 2 version in the card slot, and i put my pokemon on pokemon bank. will i be able to access them on my other 3DS which will have X or Y in the card slot and the app in the system? sorry if its a bit confusing but i was kinda wondering on it.

So, wait... did I get this right?

Does it mean that with this 'Pokemon Bank' storage thing that I'll be able to trade Pokemon between my copies of X and Y with only one 3DS?

Because if that's the case then I'm selling my second 3DS:XL. I only bought it (second hand from my brother) because I assumed I'd need it to be able to trade between my two games.

This online storage system is sounding better already. Ł5 for a year's subscription is nothing, and if you go off the idea you can always just... not pay for another year's worth once it runs out.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by dbApplejack View Post
    "Bold" = my comments
    Again not my point.

Read my previous post, or my response to BurningWhiteKyurem or my post of #352

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    So, wait... did I get this right?

Does it mean that with this 'Pokemon Bank' storage thing that I'll be able to trade Pokemon between my copies of X and Y with only one 3DS?

Because if that's the case then I'm selling my second 3DS:XL. I only bought it (second hand from my brother) because I assumed I'd need it to be able to trade between my two games.

This online storage system is sounding better already. Ł5 for a year's subscription is nothing, and if you go off the idea you can always just... not pay for another year's worth once it runs out.

I don't know do you not care about trading Pokemon to evolve them, because I'm pretty sure this isn't a solution to those issues.

I for one can not accurately express how happy I am that transferring from Gen 5 is finally confirmed. I also have no problem paying a $5 yearly fee, that's nothing. And this cloud will be used to help transferring to future generations too! I will now be able to continue my journey into the beautiful Kalos region with my first Pokemon, Sceptile, and many more regions afterwards! ^_^

My only complaint is that 3,000 is not nearly enough space to hold all my Chespin babies! :O

My favorites team:

FIRST, they've said they'll be running "Free Beta" session Just after Xmas to 1st Feb, before this system goes live properly. This is a Free beta for a month, if you don't want to pay the $5 to continue using it. You don't need to.

I'd like to point out If you know someone ... (or be a member a forum that has people offering the ability for people)... that can transfer your Pokémon from 5th Gen to 6th gen, you don't need to spend another cent on X&Y.

I know of a game asked you to play nearly Ł100 per year just let you play it. If you don't pay it, you can play AT ALL. Strange thing is that game is the biggest game of it's Genre.

If you can't ask your parents for a $15 3DS card for Xmas. It would last 3 years.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I remember about a year ago, I found a lonely peanut on the ground. It looked like it may have been abused. I took to my house and played with the peanut. I would spend hours a day holding it, hugging it, and cuddling with it in front of my fireplace. I had some sentimental value for the peanut. We went through a lot together. We cried together. The peanut had some of the best jokes. Then one day tragedy struck when I walked into my room, accidentally stepped on it, crushed it, and then I cried for weeks.

Then I realized, "What the hell am I doing? It's just a peanut."

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Again not my point.

Read my previous post, or my response to BurningWhiteKyurem or my post of #352

I don't know do you not care about trading Pokemon to evolve them, because I'm pretty sure this isn't a solution to those issues.
    And you are not getting my point.

Let's just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by dbApplejack; 5th September 2013 at 12:46 AM.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin17 View Post
    I will now be able to continue my journey into the beautiful Kalos region with my first Pokemon, Sceptile,

Not until December.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

ok im confused

how are we paying the 5 buck portion, on the e shop or somewhere else? If its the E shop i shouldnt have a problem buying an e shop card. I dont want to use my credit card again on the e shop =.= im 24 years old and my parents yelled at me for using it on the e shop....
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Not until December.
    I know that. Doesn't change the fact I'll still be able to transfer Sceptile.

My favorites team:

Page 15 of 125 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast