Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    1)Please use periods and commas and the like...I am unable to read that entire wall in one breath. And spellcheck, spellcheck is your friend.

2)Do you really think a JAPANESE gaming company is going to get the American (and everywhere else) government to pass a law that arrests anyone who gets a hacked Pokemon into a video game...? Like...what?
    One i can comment how i feel like its,

two its still possible if your willing to go against the bill of right for one because you sometimes need to break the rule to get stuff done,

3 they can if nintendo and pokemon company of america agree to this and they most likely will if they have to,

And finally i meant any cheating and hacking program that's use online in video game not just with pokemon,
    i'm an Christian and accepted Jesus in my Heart, copy and paste This † if you are a Christen and a Children of God people to And if you have fate in him and proud of it!

I was born a male but you see i'm a transgender in other word i'm a girl in a man body to put its simple i identify myself as a female and i'm not scared to admitted!
    So say what's ever you like but i can care less and i'm a very loving and caring person anyway also i prefer to be call Krystal rather than my real name,

Also check out my YT and comment Like and subscribe
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DraBaha...cenny/featured
    Warning my Gaming video are family friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    They don't want to you store the Pokémon on a SD which could easily generate Clones with a PC.. I imagine that they've made it hard to do it with the eShop versions of the X & Y.

To date, every Pokémon Console game that allows you to Trade Pokémon to/From it, has a Copy Protection Flag on it.
    So why exactly can they not restrict you from Copying or Moving data like they do on the console versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I really do love that Nintendo is making this available for us who want it. For $5 dollars it's a great deal. Especially for those who will finally be able to trade our pokemon over without hassle. I'm sure it's not perfect but knowing Nintendo it's probably very efficient. I also love that hacks somehow don't work with it.
    Apprentice to The Mighty Accelguard

BLACK OG FC:2322 6000 4025
    BLACK 2[/B] FC:4986 2742 8302
    3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
    <Mega! <-Wifey!

Quote Originally Posted by kyle72686 View Post
    Anybody think there will be requirements that have to be met before you can send/receive pokemon? With pokemon box, you had to catch at least 100 pokemon in ruby/sapphire or obtain the national dex in E/FR/LG before you could do any transferring. I hope you are able to transfer gen 6 pokemon as soon as you are able to catch pokemon. I can understand requiring the national dex for older gen transfers.
    Probably having to beat the Elite Four, that's what all the most recent transfers have required.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why do we need the Bank for this? I get that DS -> 3DS doesn't work, but why did they have to do DS -> Poke Transporter -> Bank -> 3DS instead of simply DS -> Poke Transporter -> 3DS? Transferring them to the Bank seems to be an unnecessary step and piles on an unnecessary cost in the process.
    There's no DS involved here at all, it's all on the 3DS. You send your Pokemon to the cloud using the Poke Transporter app on the 3DS, and then you can send them to X/Y or leave them there.

There's ways around this, they could use either a small enough amount of storage to warrant giving the app away for free or as other users have suggested, storing them on the SD card.
    Again, cloning.

So why exactly can they not restrict you from Copying or Moving data like they do on the console versions?
    Because computers will do whatever you tell them to. You can't restrict a computer from copying data unless you write the operating system, as was the case with the GameCube and Wii. The operating system had support for denying copying of certain save files, real computers do not.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTheLightDragonite View Post
    One i can comment how i feel like its,

two its still possible if your willing to go against the bill of right for one because you sometimes need to break the rule to get stuff done,

3 they can if nintendo and pokemon company of america agree to this and they most likely will if they have to,

And finally i meant any cheating and hacking program that's use online in video game not just with pokemon,
    Do you even know what you're talking about? The Bill of Rights, Pokemon, Nintendo and Japan are totally different things.

You simply can't arrest someone because they hacked a Pokemon. That bill wouldn't even pass. Even if it did cover all online games. Simply banning the hacker or, the product of hacking is the best choice. And that's what's being done here.

Obviously like most the biggest benefit for me is the no longer needing to buy a second 3DS. It's not going to be a lot so I see no harm in having it if I really need it.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Obviously like most the biggest benefit for me is the no longer needing to buy a second 3DS. It's not going to be a lot so I see no harm in having it if I really need it.
    I hear that! Also gen 5 was the first time I started EV training so I really want those guys in my game still. I wub em!
    Apprentice to The Mighty Accelguard

BLACK OG FC:2322 6000 4025
    BLACK 2[/B] FC:4986 2742 8302
    3DS FC-Toddry- 0044-2803-7809
    <Mega! <-Wifey!

Why do we need the Bank for this? I get that DS -> 3DS doesn't work, but why did they have to do DS -> Poke Transporter -> Bank -> 3DS instead of simply DS -> Poke Transporter -> 3DS? Transferring them to the Bank seems to be an unnecessary step and piles on an unnecessary cost in the process.
    Because the website pretty much suggests that Poketransporter's purpose is to move data around. But if you're going to do it all on one console then where can you move the data to until you put X/Y on your card slot? In order for movement to occur, the data has to be stored somewhere until the user boots up X/Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The Dream World is considerably simpler than Pokemon Bank, it's just a website. Pokemon Bank requires a lot of storage in addition to higher upkeep costs, so the hardware costs are much, much higher. It's simple for a few employees to operate a website on a single webserver.
    I disagree. The amount of the Pokémon data that Pokémon Bank can store is incredibly minimal, more so than the Dream World artworks. You are probably right about hardware costs and management costs though.

It'll most likely be like ever other cloud storage service, you'll have a grace period to either retrieve your data or resubscribe, if you do neither your data is deleted.
    Do other cloud services have clear cut dexcriptions of the periods they delete the data for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It isn't BS, it was never free because it didn't even exist yet. If you're referring to having a second DS, it still wasn't free because of the price of the second DS. Next, why should online Pokemon storage, something that millions of people will use, be free?
    To be incredibly fair, most other cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Skydrive and even e-mailing services are free, but they require creating an account and advertising, and they often have lots of restrictions to ensure people purchase paid accounts(which are generally more costly than the Bank, but have much more storage). They also have little to no moderation even though the amount of data they contain is much larger than the entire amount of Pokémon in one Bank account.

In this vein, especially considering how successful these freemium business models have been, it is ridiculous to bash people for desiring a free but restricted version... if we ignore the fact this is the entire the business models of some of these companies and the fact that Nintendo is only recently picking itself up from its current financial mess. And of course if we ignore that Pokémon's popularity is still not enough to make this sort of business model stand for a long while(though it is enough to reduce the yearly fee probably).

Of course, I know little about economics so whatever.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, *******, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    it is ridiculous to bash people for desiring a free but restricted version....
    Not really. I could see if Nintendo left out characters or something important in the game that made it feel incomplete. But they didn't. They are hosting a service, that they have to pay for. Even if the space isn't that big, it still needs to be paid for. And people complain that it's too much, or that it should be free. The same people who were just talking about buy another (2)3DS simply to trade Pokemon.

GameFreak is banking on the fact that if people need to transfer with PokeTransporter and Pokemon Bank, they will, even if they have to pay yearly for a service. You'd be surprised what people all willing to pay for. The appealing part is you don't need a DS or a second 3DS as both applications are self-contained on the 3DS and all you need is a viable WiFi connection, which is more common in the public setting than people realize. Coffee shops, fast food restaurants, bookstores, even my local laundromat has it.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Realistically speaking, the only way they could detect clones is if they have a database of highly commonly cloned TID, SID and OT that they can cross-reference the transferred Pokemon to.

And because this is Nintendo we're talking about, I'm not too sure that their hack-check is good
    it was good enough to detect thousands and I mean THOUSANDS of people using hacked pokemon in the recent wifi comp lol

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    it was good enough to detect thousands and I mean THOUSANDS of people using hacked pokemon in the recent wifi comp lol
    I think the exact numbers are something like 1558 people. Junior: 68, Senior: 335, Master: 1155, for anyone who's interested. Though it didn't get all of the hacks, apparently. Someone posted this one earlier on this same thread, I believe, and it's humorous considering he placed 1st. So while hack checking is now becoming more serious, it's still not enough to catch everything.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    And yet, as Gustavo 14 pointed out, it wasn't good enough to detect a user who ultimately took 1st place. And their 5th gen hack-check for the GTS was horrible. I'm not saying Nintendo can't change, but their track record leaves a lot to be desired so I'm cynical of their hack-checking efforts.

The problem is that they're not scrutinizing the data to its last byte (they created the RNG algorithm...they should have access to all the possible permutations and impossible permutations. They should know the legal and illegal TID/SID combinations, and the legal and illegal IV spreads in relation to the seed and date).

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I think the exact numbers are something like 1558 people. Junior: 68, Senior: 335, Master: 1155, for anyone who's interested. Though it didn't get all of the hacks, apparently. Someone posted this one earlier on this same thread, I believe, and it's humorous considering he placed 1st. So while hack checking is now becoming more serious, it's still not enough to catch everything.
    Yeah i heard they didn't catch everyone, but surely a huge server will be able to check things more efficiently than a quick check before every single tournament. People using Bank will have no choice to try to send stuff over which means GF and Nintendo can check WAY more stuff and wipe illegal Pokemon out almost completely. Which I personally agree with.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

The Internet seriously ruins everything.

1. You people whining about the $5 fee need to get lost and go play something else. For months/years fans have been asking for a Box like storage since Gen 4, something that was only half done with Ranch. Nothing for Gen 5. So now we're getting a storage, its a lot cheaper than purchasing a new game for a separate console you may or may not own, and all it is is waaahhh.

Well you can use the free month of service then!

But if you're playing Gen 6, you've spent between $130-200 for the console, $40 for the game, and probably even more if you factor in 3rd, 4th and 5th gen players. Another $5 won't kill you. If it will, then stop playing video games and reorganize your priorities.

It also doesn't say there won't be a traditional method of transferring Pokemon. I bet there will be. But for those of us who have built up a hefty collection of Pokemon or just want to do it quickly, this'll be well worth the money.

2. I wish people would stop freaking the eff out about hacked Pokemon. People are always going to hack in video games. Been that way for a long time. Game Freak has pretty consistently built in some safe guards to make it harder to cheat in areas where players have no control over who they face such as in official tournaments and random matchup (these same safe guards aren't in, for example, Wi-Fi FC based matches or matches over local wireless). But people wanting people who have hacked Pokemon to get their save file destroyed or arrested need to shut up and think before you speak. It is entirely possible you may have a hack, unbeknownst to you, somewhere in your game and wouldn't it suck if something happened to your game because some app decided to punish you for it (and no, a hack itself won't ruin your game)?

Nintendo/Game Freak really don't care all that much except in a few cases like Random Match Up and no strategy on hack checking is full proof since you can't check a Pokemon's origin, only the data and 0s and 1s that consist of its legality.

Now eliminating a specific hacked Pokmeon I might be fine with, but I've had 100% legit Pokemon detected as hacks and I don't want to lose one of my legit Pokemon because GF's hack check sucks.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 5th September 2013 at 7:52 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    Don't you think if GameFreak created the possibility for game-to-game contact(not game-to-app contact like with B2/W2 to Dream Radar, which needed Unova Link mind you as a middle man of sorts), they'd go with it? Do you honestly think GameFreak is unlawfully withholding such vital technology if it was possible?
    Actually I think it's merely complicated programming they don't want to deal with and this Bank Cloud service seems more like an easy way to not complicate things.

I'm sorry I just don't buy that programming is so limited, and beyond human comprehension that a program cannot utilize multiple functions for various technologies, and it either has to function for this particular technology or this particular technology but not both. Even if both require exactly the same technology.

I just don't comprehend why it is impossible for a 3DS only program to be programmed so that it can interact with DS software, and yet it also cannot be programmed to interact with other 3DS software.

I've just seen too many examples that contradict that supposed programming limitation.

And no this cannot be a technological issue, because the same technology can be used for both however for some odd idiotic reason, I'm led to believe the resources of that technology can only be distributed to either/or and not both.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Yeah i heard they didn't catch everyone, but surely a huge server will be able to check things more efficiently than a quick check before every single tournament. People using Bank will have no choice to try to send stuff over which means GF and Nintendo can check WAY more stuff and wipe illegal Pokemon out almost completely. Which I personally agree with.
    Well, yeah, hopefully. It would be somewhat disheartening if their checks couldn't do a better job in the Bank than in the Wi-Fi tourney, since people have been hoping for a great hack checker for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if a few subtle(?) hacks found their way through, but I'd sure hope they can catch at least most of them.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I really don't think Nintendo or Game Freak or whoever runs the day-to-day stuff of the app is going to pour even dozens, and certainly not hundreds or thousands, of paid hours to staff to weed through thousands, potentially millions, of Pokemon to single out hacks and delete them.

They'll have a lot of bigger fish to fry. There is likely to be a legality check similar to GTS/Random Match/PBR that'll catch some and not catch others, they may refine it from time to time, but I doubt they'll be manually looking through stuff.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I really don't think Nintendo or Game Freak or whoever runs the day-to-day stuff of the app is going to pour even dozens, and certainly not hundreds or thousands, of paid hours to staff to weed through thousands, potentially millions, of Pokemon to single out hacks and delete them.

They'll have a lot of bigger fish to fry. There is likely to be a legality check similar to GTS/Random Match/PBR that'll catch some and not catch others, they may refine it from time to time, but I doubt they'll be manually looking through stuff.
    Staff aren't going to physically look at every single Pokemon though xD, they'll run formulas into the programme and if something is a miss then it will get flagged and will take whatever action they want to.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

No, definitely not. That would be ridiculous. Really, as long as the legality check is improving each gen, that would be plenty good enough. Refining it would be a lot more doable with the 3DS, I imagine, but I'm not expecting anything huge out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Staff aren't going to physically look at every single Pokemon though xD, they'll run formulas into the programme and if something is a miss then it will get flagged and will take whatever action they want to.
    No, definitely not. That would be ridiculous. Really, as long as the legality check is improving each gen, that would be plenty good enough. Refining it would be a lot more doable with the 3DS, I imagine, but I'm not expecting anything huge out of that.
    HOPEFULLY, it'll just reject the single supposedly hacked Pokemon and leave it on your game carts ala PBR's hack check. What's dumb about the current hack check is that it rejects your entire party and, for us non-hackers, doesn't help us eliminate the troubled Pokemon on our cart.

I mean yeah I get that most people want a sensible legality check but some people, as seen ITT, just want people who have hacks (who may not be hackers themselves!) to be punished in an unreasonable fashion.

HOPEFULLY, it'll just reject the single supposedly hacked Pokemon and leave it on your game carts ala PBR's hack check. What's dumb about the current hack check is that it rejects your entire party and, for us non-hackers, doesn't help us eliminate the troubled Pokemon on our cart.
    I totally forgot about that, but that's definitely something that should be addressed. Nothing is more annoying than finding out you have something hacked on your team, and not knowing what the offender is. Because the typical non-hacker isn't usually going to know what the hack in question is unless it's something blatantly obvious. Rejecting the whole party doesn't exactly help the problem.

I mean yeah I get that most people want a sensible legality check but some people, as seen ITT, just want people who have hacks (who may not be hackers themselves!) to be punished in an unreasonable fashion.
    I agree, punishing hackers does seem sensible, but punishing people on the basis of owning a hacked Pokemon isn't a reasonable solution. Especially since owning hack doesn't mean for a second that the person is a hacker. Simply rejecting the hack is all we need for them to do. None of this "delete the entire file" nonsense, or whatever it is.

There's no DS involved here at all, it's all on the 3DS. You send your Pokemon to the cloud using the Poke Transporter app on the 3DS, and then you can send them to X/Y or leave them there.
    DS game, not DS console.

Oh, and congrats on being promoted to mod, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Not really. I could see if Nintendo left out characters or something important in the game that made it feel incomplete. But they didn't. They are hosting a service, that they have to pay for. Even if the space isn't that big, it still needs to be paid for. And people complain that it's too much, or that it should be free. The same people who were just talking about buy another (2)3DS simply to trade Pokemon.
    If the space is small enough, they can afford to give it away for free. That's what I'm saying here. Hell, they could even double the cost of full Bank services to make up for it if they need to, $10/year is still pocket change.

1. You people whining about the $5 fee need to get lost and go play something else. For months/years fans have been asking for a Box like storage since Gen 4, something that was only half done with Ranch. Nothing for Gen 5. So now we're getting a storage, its a lot cheaper than purchasing a new game for a separate console you may or may not own, and all it is is waaahhh.
    Most of the people are complaining about transfers being paid, not the actual Bank app.

Well you can use the free month of service then!
    The free months of service doesn't make up for anything if you don't need transfer services then.

It also doesn't say there won't be a traditional method of transferring Pokemon. I bet there will be. But for those of us who have built up a hefty collection of Pokemon or just want to do it quickly, this'll be well worth the money.
    Game Freak said way back at E3 that DS and 3DS software can't communicate, so no. This is the very reason we have app based transfers. I do think they could come up with some way to do a free and direct transfer app that doesn't utilize Bank, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I agree, punishing hackers does seem sensible, but punishing people on the basis of owning a hacked Pokemon isn't a reasonable solution. Especially since owning hack doesn't mean for a second that the person is a hacker. Simply rejecting the hack is all we need for them to do. None of this "delete the entire file" nonsense.
    Yes. This makes sense here. As you said, just because someone owns a hack does not make them a hacker themselves, nor does it make them a bad person. Especially all those people who obtain hacks and do not know that they are hacks. I like the hack-blocking, but punishing more than that is just absurd.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 150+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast