Page 55 of 125 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Still can't, that is all done over the internet. The DSi transfers the data to Nintendo's servers, and the 3DS downloads it from there. That's why you need a Wi-Fi connection to perform it.
    True true, I forgot about that.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sam~ View Post
    There is but it only works with a Dsi. It was used for people to transfer software to their 3DS using DS download play. It's not very good but it does exist. I don't see it happening with Pokemon though.
    actually it worked with ds lite,i know this because i have a ds lite and a 3ds..wait....are you talking about the poke transfer that look like a pinball machine
    i was D.A

http://elsdrake.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by elsdrake View Post
    actually it worked with ds lite,i know this because i have a ds lite and a 3ds..wait....are you talking about the poke transfer that look like a pinball machine
    DS software and 3DS software cannot communicate with each other.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

thats true, but i was referring to something else
    i was D.A

thats true, but i was referring to something else
    That may be so, but I'm saying there's no way to transfer Pokemon from previous generations besides the method that GameFreak has already put out in the open, using Pokemon Transfer and Pokemon Bank.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I don't see why people can't just use the methods they are already providing. You need a 3DS to play X and Y anyway so whats the problem here?
    Latest Shiny!

PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I don't see why people can't just use the methods they are already providing. You need a 3DS to play X and Y anyway so whats the problem here?
    5$ is apparently the problem.

I'm confused. If the pokemon bank doesn't take hacked pokemon, then do pokemon that have been bred with hacked pokemon be considered hacked as well?

mew!

alternate:

Quote Originally Posted by firedra View Post
    I'm confused. If the pokemon bank doesn't take hacked pokemon, then do pokemon that have been bred with hacked pokemon be considered hacked as well?
    Pokemon bred from hacks ought to be fine; the only problems you'd likely have with those would be if an unreleased Hidden Ability got passed on, but we still don't know how it works, so even then those might check out legit.

i know its cheap, but believe me...in some places 5 bucks become 25 bucks

like australia,brazil, darn pokemon x y in brazil is 80 USD
    If $5 is too much, you probably shouldn't be buying a $150-200 console and $40 game
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

DS software and 3DS software cannot communicate with each other.
    So how did Black 2 and White 2 get the pokemon from the 3DS Dream Radar game?
    Platinum FC:
    Daimond FC:
    Heart Gold (JP) FC:
    Soul Silver (US) FC:
    Black FC: 2064 8443 5983
    Black 2 FC: need to check
    Y: Coming soon

The issue at hand here is that DS software and 3DS software can't communicate via linked play, which is to say you can't put a DS title in one 3DS, a 3DS game in a second 3DS and then have them communicate directly.

B/W2 and Dream Radar were a separate matter entirely.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Will this allow me to transfer Pokemon from Y to the bank, let me start over, and then transfer them back?

Because if not, I'm probably not going to bother with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Will this allow me to transfer Pokemon from Y to the bank, let me start over, and then transfer them back?

Because if not, I'm probably not going to bother with this.
    Yes.

/10char

So how will we be paying for this? Will we be able to use the money we have in our 3ds eshop account? Then just pay it from the 3ds?

And has it been announced if we can transfer pokemon from the beginning or if we need to reach a certain point before its possible, like after defeating the elite four?
    Last edited by Neo_Mametchi; 2nd October 2013 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Mametchi View Post
    So how will we be paying for this? Will we be able to use the money we have in our 3ds eshop account? Then just pay it from the 3ds?

And has it been announced if we can transfer pokemon from the beginning or if we need to reach a certain point before its possible, like after defeating the elite four?
    We believe that eShop funds can be used.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Hi

1 feature that i would be happy to find out about the pokemon bank. Will it evolve pokemon. Lets say i have a machoke in white and i transfer to X as its two different trainer codes will this count as a trade and evolve to machamp.

Daznel
    FC 541499897877

Quote Originally Posted by Daznel04 View Post
    Hi

1 feature that i would be happy to find out about the pokemon bank. Will it evolve pokemon. Lets say i have a machoke in white and i transfer to X as its two different trainer codes will this count as a trade and evolve to machamp.

Daznel
    It will not. It's not trading, it's just a giant PC.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    If $5 is too much, you probably shouldn't be buying a $150-200 console and $40 game

i can pay,not a problem, however thats not the problem

what many are having trouble is the very fact of paying a service that, (lets be honest here) will be used one time and was "free" since gen 5.

i will stop here for now but i will say this.... i hope theres a option to have free pokemon bank with limited boxes...like 3 boxes,at least good part of the fanbase will be satisfied
    i was D.A

what many are having trouble is the very fact of paying a service that, (lets be honest here) will be used one time and was "free" since gen 5.
    We've established a number of times in this thread alone that it was never truly "free". The functionality, perhaps, but not the execution, as a second copy of the game and additional hardware were always involved if you wanted to move critters between your games. Now, you need neither of those.

i hope theres a option to have free pokemon bank with limited boxes...like 3 boxes,at least good part of the fanbase will be satisfied
    Which would make no sense - you're going to let people use the service but not make them help pay for the upkeep?

The "good part of the fanbase" that hasn't moved on yet will just have to begin doing so at some point.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

alright,i guess everybody is fine by paying the service.

...i just hope that the servers don't cause any problem,like what happened with sim city(crashes,loss of cities..etc etc etc)
    i was D.A

i can pay,not a problem, however thats not the problem

i will stop here for now but i will say this.... i hope theres a option to have free Pokemon bank with limited boxes...like 3 boxes,at least good part of the fanbase will be satisfied
    Considering some people go as far as buying extra copies of games to store Pokemon, I think this is a great alternative. And Gamefreak and Nintendo have already said that they would make the service free, but they have to have some sort of income to keep servers up. 3000 Pokemon a person is a LOT of data. You also have to remember that it's not just the ability to transfer you are paying for. Besides if all you are using it for is transferring, do it while it's free and stop complaining. If you are playing one of the new games plus buying a new 3DS to play it (Between 170$ and 240$ depending on the system you get) you can spare 5$ a year. If it was 5$ a month it would be different.
    Latest Shiny!

not a complain, its more like...worried

i want to be 100% sure that the service will be good,if it is them i will pay for sure, but..what will happen if goes .."crazy"?
    i was D.A

3000 Pokemon a person is a LOT of data.
    It's actually almost nothing.

It's actually almost nothing.
    If I had to guess about 10MB. 3rd Gen Pokémon in Box RS for 1500 Pokémon almost filled 4 Megabyte Memory Card. New info such as Shining Leaf Data added since then most likely will have added some bytes to each Pokémon.

However that 10MB is just really for the Pokémon only, various other pieces of data will be required, but I doubt that it will break 20MB. The new Global Link on the other hand will most likey will break 20 MB.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 55 of 125 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast