Page 69 of 125 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #1701
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    By the time this is out, most people will be well into their post-game activities.



    What are you blathering about? No one is forcing you to transfer stuff as soon as possible. You are free to enjoy the games and transfer them whenever you want.



    Feel free to take a stand against these horrible, money grubbing practices and promptly sell your Nintendo and Pokemon products and vow to never buy another one ever again.



    You being impatient sounds like a personal problem. There's plenty of content in the game to hold anyone over. And if there isn't, maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you. Go play something else, or something else maybe even unrelated to video games.



    Again, please, take a stand against these horrible money grubbing, nickel and diming practices, and promptly sell your $130-200 console and $40 game(s). Someone must take a stand against these horrible practices.
    I like how you pick apart the portions you want to counter dodging my points and miss the important parts that make sense with reason.

    You failed to realize I was comparing this new idea they had to how they stepped away from previous freedom (in other games).

    Here are the points you missed for whatever reason:

    - I want to spend my post game time with my favorite pokemon without a waiting limit. Why should I be LIMITED?

    - At no point did I talk about anyone forcing me to transfer stuff early? What? What are you even talking about? I said that I want my pokemon way earlier than this wait time.

    - Your attacks on me playing some other games because being impatient is my problem was uncalled for and unprofessional. You don't need to be a rude person to make a point. The point, however, that you missed was that i'm impatient for something I should NOT have to wait for. Every previous title has never had some sort of restriction on getting pokemon because of a DLC. This is the first one. I don't like the change.

    Also if you don't know that the APP is a DLC, well it is DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. Yeah, I get that I don't have to be apart of any of this. But for me to get my personal team, friends, and favorites from previous titles, I am unwillingly forced to wait longer.

    RESTRICTION is the big point I'm trying to make. Why do we have to be limited in a game SERIES we have loved and enjoyed - that allowed us our freedoms in every previous title?
    Friend Code POKEMON Y: 3024-6107-6817. Add me! Let me know please! I breed hidden abilities, battle, and trade!
    Friend Safari:
    Dark: Sneasel, Nuzleaf, Liepard (Online PSS/3rd)

  2. #1702
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    By the time this is out, most people will be well into their post-game activities.



    What are you blathering about? No one is forcing you to transfer stuff as soon as possible. You are free to enjoy the games and transfer them whenever you want.



    Feel free to take a stand against these horrible, money grubbing practices and promptly sell your Nintendo and Pokemon products and vow to never buy another one ever again.



    You being impatient sounds like a personal problem. There's plenty of content in the game to hold anyone over. And if there isn't, maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you. Go play something else, or something else maybe even unrelated to video games.



    Again, please, take a stand against these horrible money grubbing, nickel and diming practices, and promptly sell your $130-200 console and $40 game(s). Someone must take a stand against these horrible practices.
    While I agree with your overall point, I think the whole "if you don't like it, sell your DS and shut up" argument to be fairly weak. A consumer is allowed to dislike a service or product without abandoning it entirely. Granted, complaining about 5 dollars a year seems a little silly and Game Freak does have a justification for doing so. I think what a lot of people are worried about is that the bank will be the beginning of future microtransactions. It isn't a far-fetched concern considering how countless game companies have moved in that direction. I personally don't think this is the case, unless Nintendo suddenly started having financial problems.

  3. #1703
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    - I want to spend my post game time with my favorite pokemon without a waiting limit. Why should I be LIMITED?

    - At no point did I talk about anyone forcing me to transfer stuff early? What? What are you even talking about? I said that I want my pokemon way earlier than this wait time.
    You're not limited, they have to develop the app first. You're making it seem like the sky is falling for no reason, things take time.

    - Your attacks on me playing some other games because being impatient is my problem was uncalled for and unprofessional. You don't need to be a rude person to make a point. The point, however, that you missed was that i'm impatient for something I should NOT have to wait for. Every previous title has never had some sort of restriction on getting pokemon because of a DLC. This is the first one. I don't like the change.
    You're not only impatient, you're over-entitled. You need to wait for something to be created just like everyone else, don't see you out there developing this app.

    RESTRICTION is the big point I'm trying to make. Why do we have to be limited in a game SERIES we have loved and enjoyed - that allowed us our freedoms in every previous title?
    Because things aren't just magically created out of thin air, they take time, money and manpower. A lot more people would have been angry if X/Y were delayed so Pokemon Bank could be released alongside them. That makes no business sense.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #1704
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    I like how you pick apart the portions you want to counter dodging my points and miss the important parts that make sense with reason.
    I picked apart your entire post.

    You failed to realize I was comparing this new idea they had to how they stepped away from previous freedom (in other games).
    If by "freedom" you mean buying a second console or additional hardware like link cables, then that's a stupid argument that has been addressed dozens of times in this thread.

    Here are the points you missed for whatever reason:

    - I want to spend my post game time with my favorite pokemon without a waiting limit. Why should I be LIMITED?
    Because they have to develop the app. If you only truly enjoy a game with a certain few, select Pokemon, then that seems more like a personal problem that can't be fixed rather than a problem with any game or software. Sorry that app developing isn't magic. Considering that there are still glitches in XY. I'd much rather them make Bank glitch free if it means taking a longer time to develop.

    - At no point did I talk about anyone forcing me to transfer stuff early? What? What are you even talking about? I said that I want my pokemon way earlier than this wait time.
    Those Pokemon are still in Gen 5 and you're free to play with them there. If your entitled attitude is getting in your way of enjoying XY, then maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you.

    - Your attacks on me playing some other games because being impatient is my problem was uncalled for and unprofessional. You don't need to be a rude person to make a point. The point, however, that you missed was that i'm impatient for something I should NOT have to wait for. Every previous title has never had some sort of restriction on getting pokemon because of a DLC. This is the first one. I don't like the change.
    They most certainly did have restrictions, such as needing additional consoles and other hardware. This is something that not everyone had and some people went out and purchased these specifically for transferring to further generations.

    Also if you don't know that the APP is a DLC, well it is DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT. Yeah, I get that I don't have to be apart of any of this. But for me to get my personal team, friends, and favorites from previous titles, I am unwillingly forced to wait longer.
    Again, that's a personal problem and not something that could be solved by anyone anywhere in the world.

    RESTRICTION is the big point I'm trying to make. Why do we have to be limited in a game SERIES we have loved and enjoyed - that allowed us our freedoms in every previous title?
    Considering that XY has, by far, the most number of catachable Pokemon of any game released in the entire series, if you truly cannot enjoy the game (main or post) with what's available, then maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by gtompkins48 View Post
    While I agree with your overall point, I think the whole "if you don't like it, sell your DS and shut up" argument to be fairly weak. A consumer is allowed to dislike a service or product without abandoning it entirely. Granted, complaining about 5 dollars a year seems a little silly and Game Freak does have a justification for doing so. I think what a lot of people are worried about is that the bank will be the beginning of future microtransactions. It isn't a far-fetched concern considering how countless game companies have moved in that direction. I personally don't think this is the case, unless Nintendo suddenly started having financial problems.
    Please do not play this whole "both sides have some validity to it" BS. The people ranting and raving about Bank ITT and elsewhere on the Interwebs are in a complete delusional state, making up conspiracy theories such as "see! DS and 3DS CAN COMMUNICATE!!!!" and talking about how they miss how transferring used to be "free".

    The only reason I'm suggesting these people sell their games right now is that either they have dire financial problems if $5 is a lot to them, or if they really want to make a stand on principle, selling their games and never buying Pokemon again is REALLY going to stick it to THE MAN much more so than using the 30 day free trial and still buying every Pokemon game on release day.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 15th October 2013 at 8:28 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  5. #1705
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Yeah the huge selection of pokemon in the Kalos region alone is a wonderful compromise. Just taking a stab *I might be wrong* but I believe its the most available ingame pokemon without trading. Also another thing is the GTS will allow you to get anything you want as soon as the bank releases. Just about everything will find its way into there.

    Make some friends.. enjoy the game and I'm sure one of them will get the bank and you can use a massive trade workaround and not pay a dime. Will it be alot of hassle? Yes? Will you spend more time doing it than an hour at a minimum wage job or doing some chores for your parents? Yes? Is it worth it? Probably not.
    3DS FC: 1864-9566-1953 (Please PM if you add this with your own 3ds FC.)
    Have X and Y and Alpha
    Currently breeding: All Kalos/Kanto Starters, Eevee's, Tyrunts, Amauras, Most version Y exclusives,
    Arons, Larvitars, Beldums, Snorunts, Dratini, Chansey, Spheal, Pineco.
    Also breeding Magma Armor/Flame Body Slugma for you breeders out there!
    Current breedable hidden ability pokemon - Vulpix, Froakie, Foongus, and Phantump!

    Looking for:
    Harvest exeggcute from friend safari
    Crygonal
    Hidden Ability pokemon to breed
    Almost anything sometimes.. don't be afraid to PM me !

  6. #1706
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    133

    Default

    I agree myself that having to pay to be able to transfer Pokemon is a bit silly, but hey it's the best they can do with such hardware limitations this time around.

  7. #1707
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I picked apart your entire post.



    If by "freedom" you mean buying a second console or additional hardware like link cables, then that's a stupid argument that has been addressed dozens of times in this thread.



    Because they have to develop the app. If you only truly enjoy a game with a certain few, select Pokemon, then that seems more like a personal problem that can't be fixed rather than a problem with any game or software. Sorry that app developing isn't magic. Considering that there are still glitches in XY. I'd much rather them make Bank glitch free if it means taking a longer time to develop.



    Those Pokemon are still in Gen 5 and you're free to play with them there. If your entitled attitude is getting in your way of enjoying XY, then maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you.



    They most certainly did have restrictions, such as needing additional consoles and other hardware. This is something that not everyone had and some people went out and purchased these specifically for transferring to further generations.



    Again, that's a personal problem and not something that could be solved by anyone anywhere in the world.



    Considering that XY has, by far, the most number of catachable Pokemon of any game released in the entire series, if you truly cannot enjoy the game (main or post) with what's available, then maybe Pokemon isn't the game for you.



    Please do not play this whole "both sides have some validity to it" BS. The people ranting and raving about Bank ITT and elsewhere on the Interwebs are in a complete delusional state, making up conspiracy theories such as "see! DS and 3DS CAN COMMUNICATE!!!!" and talking about how they miss how transferring used to be "free".

    The only reason I'm suggesting these people sell their games right now is that either they have dire financial problems if $5 is a lot to them, or if they really want to make a stand on principle, selling their games and never buying Pokemon again is REALLY going to stick it to THE MAN much more so than using the 30 day free trial and still buying every Pokemon game on release day.
    You see, your problem is that you're not a true fan. Here's how I can explain it, and based on your reply to that other user. You need to take in consideration of EVERYTHING. As an off topic example: I complained about the fee, not because it's OVERPRICED, or RIDICULOUS, but because I needed to bring the attention to everyone that irregardless of its price it is still nonetheless A FEE. And once there's a fee, there will be more fees.

    You don't look at those points, you have TERRIBLE perception of any of these points.

    This fee is pocket change to me. But it's still a barrier you need to cross to if you want to access the poke bank. There will be more fees for other services in the future. Anyone can see that from now. You also think everyone that is pretty upset with this move is psychological damaged in any sort of way.

    You think you're whole "If you don't like it shut up" idea is really worthy as an excuse to put people like me down. It's terrible. Companies shouldn't look at how they can milk their community. And I don't know if Nintendo is starting towards that or not - I'm hoping they aren't.

    Here's the thing I'm upset about. When you read a book, and you have a favorite character, you stay loyal to that character and author because you really like them. So you follow that character, you learn that character, eventually you know that character more than what is simply the text. But when, let's say that character does something totally OUT of character, and is something they would NEVER DO (because the authors changed, as in movies, different directors, and then your character betrays their own inner-person - you get upset).

    Look, I'm not freaking out about it or anything (lol). But your bland shut downs are unintelligent and lack good character. Nintendo made a combo breaker. Here's a diagram:

    FREE(YRB)>FREE(GS)>FREE(RS...)>FREE(Etc...)>FREE.. .etc...FREE(B/W2)>$5.00/2Months From release(XY)

    Do you get it yet? There are big problems from small changes. Of course there is nothing that can be done about it. And your argument that it takes time (as a business point or whatever) to make things and release them later and you can't just make them out of thin air. Look you don't work for them you have no idea. For all you know Pokemon Z, Pokemon #, and Pokemon SWAG are probably already made and planned in their company. Pokebank and Poketransfer were probably finished at the end of the summer. They chose to make us wait, and I find that decision terrible. It's only my opinion. I will never say anyone else's opinion is wrong. I'm just saying I don't agree with Nintendo's choice.


    EDIT ADDITION*: Also we are using cloud storage, or some people will. But you're trusting them to take care of your pokemon if you leave them in cloud storage. They shut down dream world and asked you to remove your pokemon from that. They can shut down cloud storage too. The fee is obviously to run the cloud storage (some of it) IF people choose to pay. But we are still trusting them to handle our pokemon. But look at the launches online things have had: GTA, Diablo 3, online servers always have problems. There will be glitches, there will be exploits, there will be missing pokemon. It WILL happen to someone.
    Last edited by WarpAvP2; 16th October 2013 at 12:37 AM.
    Friend Code POKEMON Y: 3024-6107-6817. Add me! Let me know please! I breed hidden abilities, battle, and trade!
    Friend Safari:
    Dark: Sneasel, Nuzleaf, Liepard (Online PSS/3rd)

  8. #1708
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    FREE(YRB)>FREE(GS)>FREE(RS...)>FREE(Etc...)>FREE.. .etc...FREE(B/W2)>$5.00/2Months From release(XY)
    The only truly 'free' transfer was Third Gen to Fourth Gen, because the DS had a GBA slot. Every other method required two systems (Where it was possible to transfer), which is in no way free.

    And if you're merely talking about Pokemon Bank as a storage solution, then we had Pokemon Box R/S which was about $50 all said and done, and My Pokemon Ranch, which is $10. Neither of which is free.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  9. #1709
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep, Deep, Desert
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    You see, your problem is that you're not a true fan.
    Uh, I kind of couldn't take anything too serious after I read this. XD

  10. #1710
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    FREE(YRB)>FREE(GS)>FREE(RS...)>FREE(Etc...)>FREE.. .etc...FREE(B/W2)>$5.00/2Months From release(XY)
    None of those were really free since you had to buy the system and games in the first, also Gen 1 and 2 can't be transferred to gen 3. Beside if you against the idea of paying Ł5 a year then just transfer the Pokémon during the free trial and never use Pokémon Bank ever again.

    Beside I will gladly pay Ł5 a year if it meant that I can take Charizard from gen 6 to gen 12.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  11. #1711
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    You see, your problem is that you're not a true fan. Here's how I can explain it, and based on your reply to that other user. You need to take in consideration of EVERYTHING. As an off topic example: I complained about the fee, not because it's OVERPRICED, or RIDICULOUS, but because I needed to bring the attention to everyone that irregardless of its price it is still nonetheless A FEE. And once there's a fee, there will be more fees.
    Yes, you and the dozens of other whiners keep saying this slippery slope nonsense. We get it. Stand on principle blah blah blah.

    I'll type this in big red letters just in case you are hard-of-reading or whatever.

    USE THE FREE TRIAL USE THE FREE TRIAL USE THE FREE TRIAL USE THE FREE TRIAL

    This fee is pocket change to me. But it's still a barrier you need to cross to if you want to access the poke bank. There will be more fees for other services in the future. Anyone can see that from now. You also think everyone that is pretty upset with this move is psychological damaged in any sort of way.
    Gen 2: Link cable plus second system.
    Gen 4-5: Second DS

    Why are these barriers acceptable to you, the cost of which are well over $100, but an annual $5 fee is horrible?

    You think you're whole "If you don't like it shut up" idea is really worthy as an excuse to put people like me down. It's terrible. Companies shouldn't look at how they can milk their community. And I don't know if Nintendo is starting towards that or not - I'm hoping they aren't.
    Please take a principled stand and stop playing Pokemon games. Just please. Do it.

    FREE(YRB)>FREE(GS)>FREE(RS...)>FREE(Etc...)>FREE.. .etc...FREE(B/W2)>$5.00/2Months From release(XY)
    Must be nice to have gotten that free second DS.

    Do you get it yet? There are big problems from small changes. Of course there is nothing that can be done about it. And your argument that it takes time (as a business point or whatever) to make things and release them later and you can't just make them out of thin air. Look you don't work for them you have no idea. For all you know Pokemon Z, Pokemon #, and Pokemon SWAG are probably already made and planned in their company. Pokebank and Poketransfer were probably finished at the end of the summer. They chose to make us wait, and I find that decision terrible. It's only my opinion. I will never say anyone else's opinion is wrong. I'm just saying I don't agree with Nintendo's choice.
    Wait, so I don't know anything, but you do? What's your source saying they chose to make us wait? What's your source that Bank and Transfer were finished in the summer?

    EDIT ADDITION*: Also we are using cloud storage, or some people will. But you're trusting them to take care of your pokemon if you leave them in cloud storage. They shut down dream world and asked you to remove your pokemon from that. They can shut down cloud storage too. The fee is obviously to run the cloud storage (some of it) IF people choose to pay. But we are still trusting them to handle our pokemon. But look at the launches online things have had: GTA, Diablo 3, online servers always have problems. There will be glitches, there will be exploits, there will be missing pokemon. It WILL happen to someone.
    Do you know what else they said about the Dream World? They gave a several week notice of when it'd be shut down for a Gen 6 launch AND said the Gen 5 DW would be up and running again after the relaunch until approximately early next year. It isn't like it was shut out of the blue and anyone who has a Pokemon stuck in there has only themselves to blame.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  12. #1712
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Well, I guess technically, but for the dual systems I guess it's unfair to say completely free because I had a brother that traded. But the service was always available.

    Also the last thing I will be stressful to everyone about is simply: yeah there's a nice variety of pokemon in this game. But for the select few, and if in the select few, one happens to be your favorite - then it's unfair you cannot have the same access to that certain favorite like everyone else has. And the only way to get that pokemon is to trade. And that feature is not available upon release. All previous titles had thy feature available, so you could access any pokemon after the basic badge requirements.
    Friend Code POKEMON Y: 3024-6107-6817. Add me! Let me know please! I breed hidden abilities, battle, and trade!
    Friend Safari:
    Dark: Sneasel, Nuzleaf, Liepard (Online PSS/3rd)

  13. #1713
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    Well, I guess technically, but for the dual systems I guess it's unfair to say completely free because I had a brother that traded. But the service was always available.

    Also the last thing I will be stressful to everyone about is simply: yeah there's a nice variety of pokemon in this game. But for the select few, and if in the select few, one happens to be your favorite - then it's unfair you cannot have the same access to that certain favorite like everyone else has. And the only way to get that pokemon is to trade. And that feature is not available upon release. All previous titles had thy feature available, so you could access any pokemon after the basic badge requirements.
    You could access that Pokemon if you'd already caught it in a previous game, and had the required hardware for transferring. With the wide variety of Pokemon available from Friend Safari post-game, I highly doubt that your favourite that you feel you are entitled to is unavailable.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #1714
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Yeah, if you read my post I am using the free trial. Still am forced to wait.

    Also, I know they gave a heads-up on dreamworld, I said something about that. Im just saying it was shut down. And was also a cloud type service. They can simply do the same to pokebank.
    Friend Code POKEMON Y: 3024-6107-6817. Add me! Let me know please! I breed hidden abilities, battle, and trade!
    Friend Safari:
    Dark: Sneasel, Nuzleaf, Liepard (Online PSS/3rd)

  15. #1715
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    Yeah, if you read my post I am using the free trial. Still am forced to wait.

    Also, I know they gave a heads-up on dreamworld, I said something about that. Im just saying it was shut down. And was also a cloud type service. They can simply do the same to pokebank.
    Huge difference being that Dreamworld was some free mini-game service, Pokemon Bank is a paid service designed specifically for long-term support. Will it be around forever? probably not. Does that matter? Not in the least.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  16. #1716

    Default

    The Dream World has nothing in common with Pokémon Bank save for the fact that they both involve Pokémon and your DS/3DS hardware.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  17. #1717
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    Well, I guess technically, but for the dual systems I guess it's unfair to say completely free because I had a brother that traded. But the service was always available.

    Also the last thing I will be stressful to everyone about is simply: yeah there's a nice variety of pokemon in this game. But for the select few, and if in the select few, one happens to be your favorite - then it's unfair you cannot have the same access to that certain favorite like everyone else has. And the only way to get that pokemon is to trade. And that feature is not available upon release. All previous titles had thy feature available, so you could access any pokemon after the basic badge requirements.
    Whoever told you "Life is fair" lied to you.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  18. #1718
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    It's an obvious thing lol, but also you don't need to tell me to not play a game I like because you don't like my opinion. Or think it's a principle stand to do so.

    The point was that it's a change I don't like. And there was a chance for it to "be fair" and "true to the other games".

    Look, I'm not an idiot. It's happening, I can't do anything. I just have to wait. Big deal, it's not like I'm going to kill myself over it. It's just incredibly lame they had to do it that way instead of a better alternative.

    Whoever said it: You're right I don't know either, and I don't work for them, and I have no proof. I had no right to say that I guess.
    Friend Code POKEMON Y: 3024-6107-6817. Add me! Let me know please! I breed hidden abilities, battle, and trade!
    Friend Safari:
    Dark: Sneasel, Nuzleaf, Liepard (Online PSS/3rd)

  19. #1719
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    In a world where games that are far worse than pokemon cost $60+ and a world where entire parts of games are missing but added as $10-$20 DLC then quickly abandoned for the next cash cow I think you are being really unfair to Nintendo. Pokemon is a big seller and yet only now are they moving to fee based play. And its not even fee based pay. Its a service they are offering that costs money.. alot less than the previous iterations of said service *As many of you have pointed out* that allows the game to progress forward and opens new avenues for features we can't currently have. So the true fan business is a sad card to play because Nintendo is the only company IMO that hasn't sold out to the produce, milk, and stop supporting trend everything else is doing.
    3DS FC: 1864-9566-1953 (Please PM if you add this with your own 3ds FC.)
    Have X and Y and Alpha
    Currently breeding: All Kalos/Kanto Starters, Eevee's, Tyrunts, Amauras, Most version Y exclusives,
    Arons, Larvitars, Beldums, Snorunts, Dratini, Chansey, Spheal, Pineco.
    Also breeding Magma Armor/Flame Body Slugma for you breeders out there!
    Current breedable hidden ability pokemon - Vulpix, Froakie, Foongus, and Phantump!

    Looking for:
    Harvest exeggcute from friend safari
    Crygonal
    Hidden Ability pokemon to breed
    Almost anything sometimes.. don't be afraid to PM me !

  20. #1720
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delvonshi View Post
    In a world where games that are far worse than pokemon cost $60+ and a world where entire parts of games are missing but added as $10-$20 DLC then quickly abandoned for the next cash cow I think you are being really unfair to Nintendo. Pokemon is a big seller and yet only now are they moving to fee based play. And its not even fee based pay. Its a service they are offering that costs money.. alot less than the previous iterations of said service *As many of you have pointed out* that allows the game to progress forward and opens new avenues for features we can't currently have. So the true fan business is a sad card to play because Nintendo is the only company IMO that hasn't sold out to the produce, milk, and stop supporting trend everything else is doing.
    You're right. I made a mistake. I do stupid stuff and say dumb things at times. I was just pretty shocked that there was this long of a wait. I'll stop bugging people.
    Friend Code POKEMON Y: 3024-6107-6817. Add me! Let me know please! I breed hidden abilities, battle, and trade!
    Friend Safari:
    Dark: Sneasel, Nuzleaf, Liepard (Online PSS/3rd)

  21. #1721
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarpAvP2 View Post
    It's an obvious thing lol, but also you don't need to tell me to not play a game I like because you don't like my opinion. Or think it's a principle stand to do so.

    The point was that it's a change I don't like. And there was a chance for it to "be fair" and "true to the other games".
    Okay, so a reasonable fee with an app that costs additional resources is not "fair" and not "true to other games" so that's out of the question.

    The only other option is cutting off backwards compatibility.

    Look, I'm not an idiot. It's happening, I can't do anything. I just have to wait. Big deal, it's not like I'm going to kill myself over it. It's just incredibly lame they had to do it that way instead of a better alternative.
    What are these alternatives you speak of?

    So why is $5 a year an outrageous, horrible fee but paying $100+ for a second console or $20 for a link cable okay?

    For the "free" transferring option of Gen 2 with approximately $100 for a Game Boy and $20 for a link cable, you could buy 24 years of Bank service.

    And if you respond with "I just don't like waiting" then again, that sounds like a personal problem.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

  22. #1722
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    91

    Default

    This is one reason why I don't like the game sure I don't mind to spend the money but really over the internet to transfer pokemon from the 5th gens. What about those who have no connection to the internet or will not allow their kids to connect their games to online stuff.

    Also I would like to see how good that hack check holds up, I'm sure hackers will figure out a way to bypass that. Then again only time will tell.

  23. #1723
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia 88 View Post
    This is one reason why I don't like the game sure I don't mind to spend the money but really over the internet to transfer pokemon from the 5th gens. What about those who have no connection to the internet or will not allow their kids to connect their games to online stuff.

    Also I would like to see how good that hack check holds up, I'm sure hackers will figure out a way to bypass that. Then again only time will tell.
    Then the incredibly small minority who cannot do this are out of luck, simple as that.

    As for hacking, sure, there's a chance it will get hacked eventually. That's what backups are for.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #1724
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    What do you think will happen to pokémon that were caught in apricorn pokéballs or ones that have a special sparkle effect (Pokéstar Studios pokémon & N's pokémon) once they're transported to X & Y?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  25. #1725
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    What do you think will happen to pokémon that were caught in apricorn pokéballs or ones that have a special sparkle effect (Pokéstar Studios pokémon & N's pokémon) once they're transported to X & Y?
    As long as those balls continue to be in the games, nothing will happen to them.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 69 of 125 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •