Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

All cloud storage programs cost money. It cost a lot of money to maintain these huge servers. Five dollars is laughable when you think about a YEARLY fee. That's less money then a monthly 8$ Netflix subscription.

I think its a genius idea, and I will gladly fork over five dollars a year to them. They knew they had to make cross-gen transferring happen this generation and they got it to work. I don't get what's the big deal with paying an annual fee. They are even giving a long free-trial period for it.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    All cloud storage programs cost money. It cost a lot of money to maintain these huge servers. Five dollars is laughable when you think about a YEARLY fee. That's less money then a monthly 8$ Netflix subscription.

I think its a genius idea, and I will gladly fork over five dollars a year to them. They knew they had to make cross-gen transferring happen this generation and they got it to work. I don't get what's the big deal with paying an annual fee. They are even giving a long free-trial period for it.
    This guy makes plenty of sense.
    I do not know what the cloud storage for Windows computers cost, but it is most likely way above $5 a year.
    Again, things like Netflix (something which I have, and whose cost I pretty much never even think about) are normal in terms of cost. This Pokémon Bank is quite cheap in comparison.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

the thing I love about this is that you can store all of your competitive pokemon or shinies in the bank but you are still able to replay the game over and over without having to buy both versions.

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

Quote Originally Posted by 0danmaster0 View Post
    the thing I love about this is that you can store all of your competitive pokemon or shinies in the bank but you are still able to replay the game over and over without having to buy both versions.
    Exactly, it's basically a never ending save file. It's brilliant! I can finally restart B and B2 again.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I was a little skeptical of Pokémon Bank at first. But the pricing isn't too bad.... and the fact that they're trying to prevent hacks from getting through, is a good thing. Will be keeping anything not quite legit on my older games . Never used them for real battles anyways. And I don't need to risk the games. On a side note, I wonder what would happen if someone got an hack in them though (as in a GTS trade)? Hopefully their game won't be screwed up for good.

On a side note, would it be safe to keep any that you got before? Or would you be bricked if you did so?
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 4th September 2013 at 7:47 PM.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Anyone who complains about the price at this point is a fool. $5/Ł4 is a great price.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

I didn't like how they where going to charge you at first, but I've come to really like the idea. Now I can keep all my Pokémon in one safe place and transfer them into future games.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

I really like the box idea <3

I don't wanna pay something to the transfer thing tough...

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    Anyone who complains about the price at this point is a fool. $5/Ł4 is a great price.
    It's only $5? Wow, that's a great price.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

I think the idea is great. For anyone who needs that extra storage to store their precious old pokémon, shinies, or EV/competitive pokémon, the Pokémon Bank is perfect. I know I'll be getting it.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. L 500 View Post
    It's only $5? Wow, that's a great price.
    5$ a year yeah

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

Quote Originally Posted by King Shuckle View Post
    It is free. You just need Pokemon Bank in order to use it.

And back to my point about McDonald's: Should I file a compliant and/or call the police since this extortion? I want my free ranch packets back. Do you think the police and my sole complain will change what a global fast food company charges for ranch? I mean, clearly they are violently and illegally extorting money from me, if the actual definition holds true. McDonald's is intimating me to pay 25 cents for a ranch packet. I am surprised a group of elitist, free ranch packet advocates haven't stormed the halls of McDonald's Headquarters demanding ranch, while costly to produce, be free of charge for all customers. I don't like how McDonald's is threatening me. Clearly a case of old-fashioned extortion.
    Your McDonalds example, now that I think about it, isn't quite accurate. Let me revise it for you. Let's say instead you have to pay 25 cents for Ranch AND Provolone Cheese. And even if you only wanted one or the other, you still have to pay the 25 cents. Anyway, what if you just wanted the Ranch? You have no problem paying 25 cents for the Provolone, that's expensive stuff. But you don't want the Provolone, you want the Ranch, which comes in these bulk packets (I don't remember if McDonalds actually does this, but I know Chick-Fil-A does, so let's just say they do for the sake of argument) that they should have no problem giving away for free. So it's a ripoff.

Anyway, as for your question, that would be a bit of an overraction, but at the very least, it's worth complaining about to the manager/corporate/whoever has the power to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post

See the analogy I posted above. Charging you for something that's traditionally free subtracts value from the game, since you're not getting as much content out of the game for the same price. It's Day One DLC, they charge you extra for game content that's already part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Your McDonalds example, now that I think about it, isn't quite accurate. Let me revise it for you. Let's say instead you have to pay 25 cents for Ranch AND Provolone Cheese. And even if you only wanted one or the other, you still have to pay the 25 cents. Anyway, what if you just wanted the Ranch? You have no problem paying 25 cents for the Provolone, that's expensive stuff. But you don't want the Provolone, you want the Ranch, which comes in these bulk packets (I don't remember if McDonalds actually does this, but I know Chick-Fil-A does, so let's just say they do for the sake of argument) that they should have no problem giving away for free. So it's a ripoff.

Anyway, as for your question, that would be a bit of an overraction, but at the very least, it's worth complaining about to the manager/corporate/whoever has the power to change it.

See the analogy I posted above. Charging you for something that's traditionally free subtracts value from the game, since you're not getting as much content out of the game for the same price. It's Day One DLC, they charge you extra for game content that's already part of the game.
    For one, it's not day one...

What if you have both x and y what do you get then?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevans View Post
    What if you have both x and y what do you get then?
    Just get Pokémon Bank on your 3DS, and you can share the boxes between your two games, and easily "trade" between your two games without the need of a second console

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Just get Pokémon Bank on your 3DS, and you can share the boxes between your two games, and easily "trade" between your two games without the need of a second console
    Or a second "dummy" Pokémon, for that matter.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

Wait, so this will be the only way to transfer pokemon? I thought it'd be a handy tool like Pokemon Box was.
    Well I guess I'll have to buy it then. Never did online purchases though so I'll have to activate that option in my bank and stuff. 5 bucks isn't a lot but it's pretty crappy that they charge money for something that used to be free.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Pokétrainer View Post
    but it's pretty crappy that they charge money for something that used to be free.
    They could have just not let players transfer their Pokémon at all, and they said that trying to get the 3DS to work with the DS was tricky, so if this is the solution that they came up with, then this is the solution that they came up with. Mind you, transferring Pokémon is an optional feature and not one that you are obligated to use.

This is a better solution in the long run, because they can continue to use the Bank for later installments even after they've moved on from X and Y.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Thats worth the $5

But this isn't the same as the transfer to Gen V. Essentially yes the same thing does happen and you can have your older pokemon back, but Bank offers you so much more, 3000 spaces, it gives new life to the Gen V games as well coz you can restart them over and over. Cloud stuff as mentioned before has always cost and it's only natural for GF and Nintendo to do it.

GF didn't have to do this, it's a fantastic feature and for the money their asking for...it's an absolute bargain.

I'm just hoping that you can transfer without this, because I seriously doubt I'll need a space for 3,000 freaking Pokemon, lol. I don't have the time to catch/ breed that many anyway, lol. :/
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    They could have just not let players transfer their Pokémon at all, and they said that trying to get the 3DS to work with the DS was tricky, so if this is the solution that they came up with, then this is the solution that they came up with. Mind you, transferring Pokémon is an optional feature and not one that you are obligated to use.

This is a better solution in the long run, because they can continue to use the Bank for later installments even after they've moved on from X and Y.
    Yes, I know I'm not obligated to use it. But saving about 10 years of work and an entire dex in my box is worth 5 bucks so I'll use it.
    And well, I'm glad they didn't do the same like they did between gen 2 and 3, that really sucked.

Still, I don't see why it's so difficult to make a DS connect to a 3DS. I mean, it's them who make the hardware.

I am indeed the one with the power of a god.
    The divine flames that I've absorbed
    will burn you to a crisp with nuclear energy and leave nothing behind!

Still, I don't see why it's so difficult to make a DS connect to a 3DS. I mean, it's them who make the hardware.
    No ones batting an eye at PS4 and XboxOne not being backwards compatible. It was expected, I think it should be the same for Nintendo.

They are charging you for the cloud storage, and as always extra storage space for Pokemon has always cost extra money, much more then what they are charging now actually. Cloud storage payments usually go around 5~10$ a month. So they are being more then generous by only charging an annual fee of 5$.

Poke-Transfer is still free, but you need Poke Bank to use it, which I can see why someone would see the burden in it. I don't know anything about programming or the limitations the 3DS has with backwards compatibility concerning transferring. So I can't say if there would have been another solution for this. They are offering a free trail for it too, with more then enough time to transfer all your Pokemon onto your game and never use it.

This seems to be the method they are using to ensure that they never encounter the problem that happened with Gen III, and its cloud storage that's always going to have your Pokemon, offered at a very cheap price. If you ask me, five dollars is nothing to fret over.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Wait, so this will be the only way to transfer pokemon? I thought it'd be a handy tool like Pokemon Box was.
    Well I guess I'll have to buy it then. Never did online purchases though so I'll have to activate that option in my bank and stuff. 5 bucks isn't a lot but it's pretty crappy that they charge money for something that used to be free.
    It is a handy tool like Pokémon Box.

Page 7 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast