Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by cwertle View Post
    Yep, my exact thoughts pretty much.
    Meh, I'm ready to finish the last 20% of the dex now and get my shinies up to Y. I'm tired of waiting for my Pokedex completion. I'm not complaining about the wait, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

i hope that these risks when leaving pokemon in pokemon bank and it get's cyber attacked doesn't mean we're willing to risk our pokemon being destroyed by some a**hole who decided to attack the servers or whatever.

In order to prevent our players from losing their Pokémon, we will have security measures in place and will be providing regular maintenance to manage this system securely. Regarding the potential of losing your Pokémon due to natural disaster, unexpected incidents, cyber attacks, or other circumstances, however, we ask that you please read the warnings and stipulations for using Pokémon Bank that we will announce in mid-December, and decide for yourself whether you wish to use the service.
    sounds like should they be unable to keep the servers safe from attack our pokemon will be destroyed
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    i hope that these risks when leaving pokemon in pokemon bank and it get's cyber attacked doesn't mean we're willing to risk our pokemon being destroyed by some a**hole who decided to attack the servers or whatever.

sounds like should they be unable to keep the servers safe from attack our pokemon will be destroyed
    You assume risk when uploading anything online. There will be measures in place to prevent data loss.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I agree I like the feel of a fresh start, I remember this one time me and my friends decided to restart our games, cuz another of our friends just got the game. We decided that any legendaries(especially event and hard to find ones) and any Pokemon we could stand the thought of deleting would be traded to a third party until we could retrieve them. Needless to say it was quite refreshing except once we got our Pokemon back the temptation to go back to my old team was almost unresistable.

Credit:
    Astral Shadow for the userbar.
    My fc is 1461-6314-5371. My friend safari is: Braisen, slugma, and Growlithe
    IGN: Matt

jeez Its ridiculous that we have to wait that long just to transfer our pokemons

It isn't. The time goes into the extra work on the software and the servers, and ensures that the initial Generation VI experience is had solely with the Pokémon found in X and Y.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Sadly I only have Y version and I didnt play BW2,guess the Pokebank is not going to benefit me ><

Bank will benefit you to whatever extent you need it. Transporter will be of no use to you.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post

If you honestly think there's a reasonable chance your Pokemon will be in actual, realistic danger, then that sounds like a personal problem because it isn't rooted in fact. It is rooted in paranoia.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Just a quick question.
    Will we be allowed to attach items to our Pokčmon?
    I didn't see anything like this being mentioned, so I wanted to confirm it....
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

There's always a risk using ANY online service. Even though the price for Pokémon Bank hasn't been announced for England yet, I can't see it being too much, and I'll more than likely buy it. With the risk factor, what I'll probably end up doing is having my most beloved Pokés in my PC in-game, and then anything I've caught and evolved for dex completion in the Pokémon Bank (if I've ran out of in-game PC space). I mean, there's a lot of Pokémon I have in my PC now that are literally just there for dex completion, so should the worst happen with the Pokémon Bank, I wouldn't be overly sad to see them go (yes, I'd be hacked off, but not as hacked off if it was shinies, high-levels, favourites or megas).

Besides, I'll be getting the Pokémon Bank mainly to trade in other Pokémon, not store.
    I am Captain Epic on GPX+ and GTS+!
    http://gpxplus.net/user/Captain+Epic
    http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showuser=36116

My 3DS Friend Code is 5086-1920-8060
    Message me if you add me!

Friend Safari Type: Ice
    Pokémon 1: Snorunt
    Pokémon 2: Bergmite
    Pokémon 3: Lapras

Number of shinies found in my Safari: 1

seems like everyone getting paranoid about data loss i see tbh you don't have to use pokebank if your that parinoid just transfer what you need and don't use the storage that simple. I plain on using it mostly for transfer tbh cuaz I may not need to storage i i seriously like to transfer alot of stuff over alot so it will be my benefit. Is there a official date for it to be lunched in december?

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Just a quick question.
    I believe that an earlier announcement said that items would not be allowed in Bank, but I'm not sure. I know I'm 100% sure that items can't be sent through Poké Transporter.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I believe that an earlier announcement said that items would not be allowed in Bank, but I'm not sure. I know I'm 100% sure that items can't be sent through Poké Transporter.
    That would suck... since a lot of us have a lot of items we would want to transfer over.

I have 1 Master Balls in Black, and still have Dawn/Dusk stones that I didn't use.
    + hundreds of rare or expansive items.

But yea, PokeTransfer can't do items, I wonder if there are other transfer methods that allow items.

edit: oops, the 3 master ball was in a different version pokemon, lol...
    Last edited by gamers4all; 8th November 2013 at 7:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    Just a quick question.
    Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gamers4all View Post
    That would suck... since a lot of us have a lot of items we would want to transfer over.

I have 3 Master Balls in Black, and still have Dawn/Dusk stones that I didn't use.
    + hundreds of rare or expansive items.

But yea, PokeTransfer can't do items, I wonder if there are other transfer methods that allow items.
    It's written plain and simple in the FAQ on the official site, linked in the first post which you all should have read, that you cannot upload Pokemon holding items.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Epic View Post
    There's always a risk using ANY online service.
    To be clear, there is a risk, but not a realistic one. Anyone who thinks there's a chance that Pokemon Bank specifically gets hacked and does so much damage that the data can't be recovered is really running on paranoia and not facts.

There was a HUGE FRICKIN EARTHQUAKE in Japan when the Japanese Dream World was active. And not one single Pokemon that was "tucked in" was lost.

If the servers go down, due to attacks or maintenance or whatever, that's a separate issue. But the issue of the actual data being compromised to the point it can't be recovered is incredibly small that it really shouldn't be considered a realistic risk.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I agree with everything to with Pokebank except for paying for Pokebank to get Poketransfer but it's not that much as I will end up purchasing Pokebank anyways.
    I don't want to ever lose my Pokemon so this is a good idea and I can start a new game with my old Pokemon included. I am just worried what happens if you stop paying.

I am glad that they have implemented a Pokemon Hack Checker but I would be disappointed if I found out any of the Legendaries I traded for are actually hacked as I only deal with legit Pokemon myself and only give them away.
    Last edited by Rorplup; 6th November 2013 at 4:01 AM. Reason: ADDED

Quote Originally Posted by Rorplup View Post
    I agree with everything to with Pokebank except for paying for Pokebank to get Poketransfer but it's not that much as I will end up purchasing Pokebank anyways.
    I don't want to ever lose my Pokemon so this is a good idea and I can start a new game with my old Pokemon included. I am just worried what happens if you stop paying.

I am glad that they have implemented a Pokemon Hack Checker but I would be disappointed if I found out any of the Legendaries I traded for are actually hacked as I only deal with legit Pokemon myself and only give them away.
    Bold: well, if you stop paying for a service, that's generally an indication you no longer want the service

Getting quite anxious to transfer all my Pokemon over, as much fun as it would be to start completely over I just can't give up all the hours and effort I put into my past games, and a lot of Pokemon have sentimental value as well
    3DS FC: 1719-4338-7555
    Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fighting Type - Pancham, Mankey, Tyrogue

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Bold: well, if you stop paying for a service, that's generally an indication you no longer want the service
    I know that but will they keep your Pokemon in storage for an amount of time until you start paying again but you cannot access them or do they just remove the account completely. This was what I was getting at.

Almost certainly the reality will be in the middle, that they'll be kept but inaccessible for a grace period of indeterminate length and then deleted. The extremes to either direction are otherwise illogical.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's written plain and simple in the FAQ on the official site, linked in the first post which you all should have read, that you cannot upload Pokemon holding items.
    I see; well that's too bad...
    Thanks for telling me anyway.
    My Shiny Pokčmon (Since 2001): (X2)

Last update: 19/3/2014

3DS Friend code: 1950-8255-4764
    Friend Safari: Bug (Illumise, Ledyba and Venomoth)

I'll need to get a lot of Leftovers for all of my Pokemon that I transfer over. If I don't have a level 81+ Pickup Pokemon by then, I'll need to transfer one of those too.

I hope we can put Eggs in the bank. Not expecting to be able to transfer them between generations, but it would be handy if I could do my breeding in Pokemon X and then download the eggs into Pokemon Y after I buy it ...

(I want to play with Protean Froakie and Gale Wings Talonflame, and the ability to just give myself the eggs would make this a whole lot easier.)
    Platinum:

SoulSilver:

White:

White 2:

I think people are taking this "no hacks allowed" thing too literally. Yes, a level 1 Charizard with Razor Leaf probably won't pass the checks, or a Mewtwo encountered while fishing on Route 11 in Unova, but what about people who use 100x experience points codes to get to level 100? Then use unlimited vitamins to max out stats? There's no way they'll be picked up as illegitimate. I'm less sure about AR codes like the shiny one, but I still honestly can't see how the system can tell the difference between a genuine random encounter shiny and one got through an AR code. I think most will get through, unless there really is some hidden indicator that the Pokémon was obtained illegitimately.

Plus, I give it less than a year before 3DS games can be hacked as easily as DS, GBA and GB games; there was never a huge demand for it until the release of X and Y.

Page 76 of 125 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast