Page 77 of 125 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

I'm pretty sure this is true but it's sad we can'tt ransfer over our item's. But i'm so excited for poke transfer because i've got pokemon from Fire Red/Leaf Green from 5 years ago that I wanna transfer and get them trained up.

I understand not being able to transfer items from previous games, but I wish we were able to store items from this generation.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

Quote Originally Posted by Timeboy View Post
    I think people are taking this "no hacks allowed" thing too literally. Yes, a level 1 Charizard with Razor Leaf probably won't pass the checks, or a Mewtwo encountered while fishing on Route 11 in Unova, but what about people who use 100x experience points codes to get to level 100? Then use unlimited vitamins to max out stats? There's no way they'll be picked up as illegitimate. I'm less sure about AR codes like the shiny one, but I still honestly can't see how the system can tell the difference between a genuine random encounter shiny and one got through an AR code. I think most will get through, unless there really is some hidden indicator that the Pokémon was obtained illegitimately.

Plus, I give it less than a year before 3DS games can be hacked as easily as DS, GBA and GB games; there was never a huge demand for it until the release of X and Y.
    Thing is, though, they can just be patched. So Datel has already said that they wont be making an AR for the 3DS.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by magentaman View Post
    I understand not being able to transfer items from previous games, but I wish we were able to store items from this generation.
    I would gladly pay an additional dollar to store items, even if its solely limited to gen 6

finally get all this clutter out of my bag

I'm still mulling over whether I want to use the service. I think I'll wait for more information before I decide.
    3DS Friend Code | 2148 8469 8580
    ΩR | Duelleck (♂OT: 44357)αS | Merlwyn (♀OT: 57802)
    X | Nixon (OT: 43198) / Friend Safari Ghost (Pumpkaboo, Shuppet, Dusclops)
    Wh | Ace (OT: 62283) ・ W2 | Lloyd (OT: 30233) ・ SS | Karagu (OT: 55992)

Claims | Golurk ・ Knights of the Round (Final Fantasy series, summon)

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I would gladly pay an additional dollar to store items, even if its solely limited to gen 6

finally get all this clutter out of my bag
    I would gladly pay an additional dollar as well, especially if they made it like the old games that actually had item storage on the PC instead of having to store individual items on each of your pokemon.
    Latest shiny:

found in Friend Safari

Sometimes items switch from Key to regular items even within the same generation. That may be part of the reasoning Items can't be stored.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I'm hoping (probably in vain) that there will be a way to update your pokedex in-game based on what you have in your pokebank. That way you wouldn't have to trade pokemon individually just to tell the game you have them.

More importantly though, I was thinking of restarting my game after I send my important pokemon to the pokebank....and it would be a lot less hassle if I didn't have to pull out every pokemon I have just to tell the game I own them.

I may hold off depositing important pokemon for a while until we see how safe the service is though. I bet it would be an attractive target for mean spirited hackers.
    Last edited by Sponge; 8th November 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I'm hoping (probably in vain) that there will be a way to update your pokedex in-game based on what you have in your pokebank. That way you wouldn't have to trade pokemon individually just to tell the game you have them.
    Considering you can deposit and withdraw whole boxes that wont be a huge issue.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'd love an item storage feature, also... although with the millions I have on X... I understand their intention of limiting things a little. Much as we may all like, the trading system is still intended for trading with OTHER people. They never seem to make workaround for those of us "trading" with ourselves. Nor do they seem to want to do that very much.

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by PearlDex View Post
    I'd love an item storage feature, also... although with the millions I have on X... I understand their intention of limiting things a little. Much as we may all like, the trading system is still intended for trading with OTHER people. They never seem to make workaround for those of us "trading" with ourselves. Nor do they seem to want to do that very much.
    There is item storage. It is your bag.

As far as I know, the bag is pretty much limitless until you hit 999 of one item.

The reason Bank probably doesn't do item storage is sometimes Key Items become regular items, either within the same gen but later games, or in future gens. For example: Adamant Orb
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    There is item storage. It is your bag.

As far as I know, the bag is pretty much limitless until you hit 999 of one item.

The reason Bank probably doesn't do item storage is sometimes Key Items become regular items, either within the same gen but later games, or in future gens. For example: Adamant Orb
    This is precisely what I mean. An online item storage makes it so I don't need to complete 16 trades just to move the Arceus plates to the next game I want to play. Also, when was Adamant Orb a Key Item?

Six Generations / One Team
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I'm very sure the Creation Trio's orbs have always been regular items instead of Key Items.

A correct example would be the Exp. Share, which turns from a regular item into a Key Item in Gen VI.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Just realized that I could extend the amount of boxes I have in-game up to 31 + Battle Box + Party. With that, I definitely wont even need to pay for this service (I can easily get PokéTransporter done in the free trial period).

My main question is though, is there an initial fee you'd have to pay to buy it off the eShop? I know there's the $5 yearly thing, but what about when you first buy it off the eShop?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I'm just hoping the bank/transfer's release day won't be so slow and buggy that it makes it nigh impossible to take advantage of the 30 day trial.
    It's just a nightmare scenario I don't want to have to live through, haha. I need that free trial to get my pokes in and then forget about the app.

Say, does anyone know if you have to instantly cancel the 30 day trial once it's up, lest they take $5 out of your pocket somehow? Amazon pulls that bullpuck and it makes me a paranoid mess some days.
    Pokemon X
    4484-8651-7950

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Just realized that I could extend the amount of boxes I have in-game up to 31 + Battle Box + Party. With that, I definitely wont even need to pay for this service (I can easily get PokéTransporter done in the free trial period).

My main question is though, is there an initial fee you'd have to pay to buy it off the eShop? I know there's the $5 yearly thing, but what about when you first buy it off the eShop?
    It will be free.

Quote Originally Posted by TekTek View Post
    I'm just hoping the bank/transfer's release day won't be so slow and buggy that it makes it nigh impossible to take advantage of the 30 day trial.
    It's just a nightmare scenario I don't want to have to live through, haha. I need that free trial to get my pokes in and then forget about the app.
    You have 30 days. That's a lot of time.

Say, does anyone know if you have to instantly cancel the 30 day trial once it's up, lest they take $5 out of your pocket somehow? Amazon pulls that bullpuck and it makes me a paranoid mess some days.
    If you haven't given any payment information, they can't charge you. But if you've already input the payment info, they will charge you, just like any other company.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post

You have 30 days. That's a lot of time.

If you haven't given any payment information, they can't charge you. But if you've already input the payment info, they will charge you, just like any other company.

True, 30 days is a lot of time but server clogs and possible-issues, ahh I don't know. It's a big system, they'll be ready I hope.

That's rather gross though, a trial should give you an option to continue a service or cancel (maybe even lock you out until you pay to continue) instead of just grabbing money from you. I guess that's what we get anymore, they like their cash. Can't blame 'em.
    Pokemon X
    4484-8651-7950

Quote Originally Posted by TekTek View Post
    True, 30 days is a lot of time but server clogs and possible-issues, ahh I don't know. It's a big system, they'll be ready I hope.

That's rather gross though, a trial should give you an option to continue a service or cancel (maybe even lock you out until you pay to continue) instead of just grabbing money from you. I guess that's what we get anymore, they like their cash. Can't blame 'em.
    Each and every one says that you will automatically be billed if you don't cancel when you're signing up for a trial, it's entirely your fault if you forget.

Anyone have any idea what will classify Pokemon as hacked? Besides the obvious. Like what if someone caught the pokemon in a masterball that was replicated by AR or IRGTS Clonning? Curious
    Link to my 4th/5th Gen Shop
    Pocket Monsters Stop Shop

Friend Safari: Dragon/Fairy

Quote Originally Posted by Spektor View Post
    Anyone have any idea what will classify Pokemon as hacked? Besides the obvious. Like what if someone caught the pokemon in a masterball that was replicated by AR or IRGTS Clonning? Curious
    Nothing else has been released besides what GF have already said. ;p
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Each and every one says that you will automatically be billed if you don't cancel when you're signing up for a trial, it's entirely your fault if you forget.
    I never said it wasn't our fault if we forgot? That's on our heads, tough cookies if it happens. I'm just saying it's a bit of a bummer they do it in the first place, but I can't say I expect anything more from them.

Just wanted to know so I wouldn't get caught paying $5 for an app I wouldn't use beyond trial use, the 3DS is new and confusing to me right now so I thought I'd end up missing where it was stated (if at all). Thank you though. :>
    Last edited by TekTek; 8th November 2013 at 6:32 AM.
    Pokemon X
    4484-8651-7950

I don't really mind not being able to transfer items from past gens, but I am kinda annoyed I can't store items from this current gen. Since post-game is seriously lacking for me, I want to be able to store all of my Pokemon and just restart and play again, but I don't want to lose the Mega stones I traded for cause that was a pain. I can ask a friend to hold my Pokemon with those stones but it would still be a lot easier to just be able to store them and come back for them later instead of having to do that. But I'm excited for the extra storage because it means I can clear out my boxes if I want to,
    My FC is 3625-8724-4756 - let me know if you add me. I have an ice type friend safari with Spheal, Bergmite & Piloswine.

I have a question that i hope people can answer. When i would send pokemon to my 5th gen games, i would go out of my way to make sure the pokemon looked legitimate. and this wasn't to fool anybody about their actual legitimacy, it's sort of just a little pet peeve of mine. kinda like if i had music on itunes without album artwork, i NEED to have the album artwork. so i would make sure the pokemon i would send to my games had legit capture locations, my trainer ID and secret ID, legit stats, etc. Will transporter be able to detect them as hacked? i won't be bothered if it does deem them hacked since they ARE hacked and having to work for my pokemon is a bit more interesting. but i would like to know the answer to that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    but i would like to know the answer to that question.
    We would all love to know the specifics of the hack check, but putting aside the fact that the precise specifications aren't something they'll make public, the answer remains "we don't know".

This isn't specific to you, you're simply the most recent to do it, but people, seriously, we don't know. I don't know how people can keep asking questions to the tune of "will the hack check look for this/that/these/those/them" given the nature of the software and given the fact that it's not out yet.

Please remember, citizens: if you have a question, the answer is we don't know.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    We would all love to know the specifics of the hack check, but putting aside the fact that the precise specifications aren't something they'll make public, the answer remains "we don't know".

This isn't specific to you, you're simply the most recent to do it, but people, seriously, we don't know. I don't know how people can keep asking questions to the tune of "will the hack check look for this/that/these/those/them" given the nature of the software and given the fact that it's not out yet.

Please remember, citizens: if you have a question, the answer is we don't know.
    Thanks for the answer. had i done any research on the topic at all (besdies the fact that a hack check even exists), i would probably be a little offended by the tone of your reply. But I didn't and i know somebody will tell me i should have but i just assumed some people knew the way it worked. But ya, thanks for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Page 77 of 125 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast