Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK - Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    No ones batting an eye at PS4 and XboxOne not being backwards compatible. It was expected, I think it should be the same for Nintendo.
    plus this will be compatible with future titles

    I cant wait to start storing Pokémon also Ł5? a year is nothing I pay Ł8.99 per month to play World of Warcraft

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It is a handy tool like Pokémon Box.
    Right, there's no doubt about that; however, the Pokemon transfer should be separate from the Pokemon Bank.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Might not your Pokemon be a little unsafe stored on the Internet though?

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Might not your Pokemon be a little unsafe stored on the Internet though?
    Then don't upload them if you're that worried.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    THE CRAZY TRAIN~
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It is a handy tool like Pokémon Box.
    OMG, I GET TO QUOTE SEREBII HIMSELF! xD jk

    But anyway, I really wish I had gotten Pokemon box, because trading fodders for everything on the games vs. sending them to a transfer tool, but the only problem I could have with this is someone hacking into the Cloud, and deleting everything. *Shudders at the thought*
    Thanks to FairyWitch for the profile pic!

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    National Dex Completed 2/13/2014, at 12:12 A.M., with 212:16 Game Time, and thanks to my friends who traded me over 200 times that week

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Where I live.
    Posts
    107

    Default

    The storage should be bigger in game and in this cloud storage.

    Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Might not your Pokemon be a little unsafe stored on the Internet though?
    I don't think so...
    Last edited by Fee; 4th September 2013 at 8:21 PM.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    661

    Default

    I rewatched the pokemon direct to get a clearer view without lag. When the part came up about the Japanese singer wanting to give her pokemon to her grandchildren I got this weird idea....

    What if people now start including their pokemon bank in their wills?

    To my son I bequeath my entire pokemon bank collection...

  8. #183
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    17

    Default

    What happens if I stop my subscription at any point? do all my pokes get wiped out?

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmarchu View Post
    What happens if I stop my subscription at any point? do all my pokes get wiped out?
    You just can't access it until you renew. Your Pokemon will still be on their servers.
    #BuyUltraviolance

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    See the analogy I posted above. Charging you for something that's traditionally free subtracts value from the game, since you're not getting as much content out of the game for the same price. It's Day One DLC, they charge you extra for game content that's already part of the game.
    His point still remains, the $5 paid for Pokemon Bank has nothing to do with the game. So there really isn't any subtraction/addition of value. If you look at other comparisons of cloud gaming (or cloud in general), you'll find that it costs between 5-10 a month, which can add up to about $50 a year. In contrast, is $5 annual fee really worth complaining about when there are worse valuations out there?

    The reason that you say Poketransfer was "traditionally free" was because Poketransfer did not require any kind of cloud servers or extraneous resources from GameFreak's behalf to set-up. But even then, it wasn't really "traditionally free" seeing the system in place pretty much forced people to spend money on another console for trading/transferring between generation. I'm no math wiz, but if you had to buy another console just for trading, by your logic, you lost a ton of value on your game compared to what you're saying about $5 DLC (that isn't Day One btw).

    Other examples include buying a link cable during the GB/C/GBA era to trade between RBY and itself as well as GSC. So when you think about it, anything proprietary and pertaining to transferring was always going to cost money, and as such what we have access to now really is no different than the time that we had to buy another link cable or DS to transfer Pokemon. At the end of the day you're paying for the use of GameFreak's servers (which as Takaru noted, is extremely expensive to set up and maintain), and I'd rather $5 than to buy another console or another proprietary cable that would end up being outdated shortly (another plus to this app seeing as how it will be accessible future Pokemon 3DS games, until the inevitable move to a more powerful console).
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 4th September 2013 at 8:25 PM.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sealed Chamber
    Posts
    504

    Default

    I'm just glad that there will be less hacked pokemon, with this feature. And they can always update the hack-check algorithm.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I always look at both sides of the coin before hopping on a bandwagon if I'm interested. This doesn't sound like a bad idea in hindsight, but there are many things to consider that make me rather just stick with the traditional way of trading Pokemon.

    -The eventual termination or cleansing of the servers. It's going to happen eventually. Maybe there will be enough time for people to migrate their things over to the next generation servers or what not. Who knows at this point in time? All I know is, if it's too good to be true, then it more than likely is.

    -Potential rise in the annual fee. Right now, to most people, it's throwaway money, but it's not the case for everyone, especially kids who have strict parents. In addition, not everyone is willing to spend money on something trivial for a game, similar to DLC or Microtransactions. There is to be a free trial, but then that's it.

    -Server Hacks. Sure, it's Nintendo, they're going to have security. But Sony, though. If Sony, then Nintendo has the same possibility of happening too.

    -Connection Issues. Not everyone has perfect internet or Fios. So we've got lag issues and disconnection issues commonplace with cheap internet users. What happens if that defects the upload process to the server? Are they just going tp lose the Pokemon that didn't transfer completely? Are they going to unintentionally upload a Missing No? Who knows.

    I could go on, but these are the major, eye catching things I foresee at the moment.


    DLBROOKS33

  13. #188
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aperture Science
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Dumb Question: Since it's a subscription thing can you still pay with prepaid cards if you don't want to or can't connect a credit card?
    HA



  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koh View Post

    -The eventual termination or cleansing of the servers. It's going to happen eventually. Maybe there will be enough time for people to migrate their things over to the next generation servers or what not. Who knows at this point in time? All I know is, if it's too good to be true, then it more than likely is.
    They will give fair warning if we ever needed to clear everything off for an update or the eventual shut down, they do with the Dream World I don't see why this would be any different.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  15. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woba Fett View Post
    Dumb Question: Since it's a subscription thing can you still pay with prepaid cards if you don't want to or can't connect a credit card?
    More than likely. Games like SMT4 and FE:A all use your eShop balance (which can be modified with prepaid cards) when doing DLC, so I'd assume the same is true here.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    No ones batting an eye at PS4 and XboxOne not being backwards compatible. It was expected, I think it should be the same for Nintendo.
    That's actually the single biggest reason I'm not getting a PS4 until at LEAST several years down the line. And a LOT of people have "batted an eye" at it and made commotion. It's just that the money-grabbing companies don't care. Nintendo was supposed to be BETTER than they are.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    His point still remains, the $5 paid for Pokemon Bank has nothing to do with the game.So there really isn't any subtraction/addition of value.
    What if you just want the transfer app and not the cloud storage? You're being ripped off by it being bundled with an additional feature that costs money.

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The reason that you say Poketransfer was "traditionally free" was because Poketransfer did not require any kind of cloud servers or extraneous resources from GameFreak's behalf to set-up. But even then, it wasn't really "traditionally free" seeing the system in place pretty much forced people to spend money on another console for trading/transferring between generation. I'm no math wiz, but if you had to buy another console just for trading, by your logic, you lost a ton of value on your game compared to what you're saying about $5 DLC (that isn't Day One btw).

    Other examples include buying a link cable during the GB/C/GBA era to trade between RBY and itself as well as GSC. So when you think about it, anything proprietary and pertaining to transferring was always going to cost money, and as such what we have access to now really is no different than the time that we had to buy another link cable or DS to transfer Pokemon. At the end of the day you're paying for the use of GameFreak's servers (which as Takaru noted, is extremely expensive to set up and maintain), and I'd rather $5 than to buy another console or another proprietary cable that would end up being outdated shortly
    Finally someone with a decent counterpoint in this argument. I completely forgot about having to pay for things like link cables or extra DSes. However, I still don't see why a standalone transfer app isn't possible, they could simply make a downgraded app that extracts them from the 5th gen games and holds onto them while you switch cartridges. The time those Pokemon would spend in cloud storage would be short enough that they could afford to give it away for free.

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    another plus to this app seeing as how it will be accessible future Pokemon 3DS games, until the inevitable move to a more powerful console
    This is another question I had, what about 7th gen and onwards. I practically LOLd at that Japanese music star that said she wanted her kids and grandkids to be able to use her Pokemon, I'm not saying that can't happen, but you're probably going to have to do some work to keep them in storage each time a new gen rolls around.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  18. #193
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    So basically if we want to transfer our old Pokemon from Gen 5 to X and Y we need to purchase a cloud storage software? That's ridiculous imo. Isn't buying X and Y enough? Now we have to buy some app too just to complete the Pokedex? These might be the first games where I don't complete the Dex then 'cause I'm not paying for Pokemon Bank.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    That's actually the single biggest reason I'm not getting a PS4 until at LEAST several years down the line. And a LOT of people have "batted an eye" at it and made commotion. It's just that the money-grabbing companies don't care. Nintendo was supposed to be BETTER than they are.
    Well ok they batted an eye but as I said it was expected, I don't get why it has to be any different for Nintendo. They provide a service that they don't have to but do anyway and need money to operate this new mechanic so they charge for it. Things cost money.

    It's $5 a year and it free up you B/W/B2/W2 again, allowing even more replays without the expense of losing Pokemon. This is seriously not a bad thing, there is nothing wrong with what they are doing, you are getting more worth out of the games now and yet you still technically pay the same amount for these games.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    So basically if we want to transfer our old Pokemon from Gen 5 to X and Y we need to purchase a cloud storage software? That's ridiculous imo. Isn't buying X and Y enough? Now we have to buy some app too just to complete the Pokedex? These might be the first games where I don't complete the Dex then 'cause I'm not paying for Pokemon Bank.
    More ridiculous than needing another console though?? I don't think it is.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.



  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A desert in California
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    So basically if we want to transfer our old Pokemon from Gen 5 to X and Y we need to purchase a cloud storage software? That's ridiculous imo. Isn't buying X and Y enough? Now we have to buy some app too just to complete the Pokedex? These might be the first games where I don't complete the Dex then 'cause I'm not paying for Pokemon Bank.
    $5 a year. In three years time, that would be the same as you going to the store and buying two or three packs of batteries.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.

    Normal Type Gym trainer

    3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

    Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    So basically if we want to transfer our old Pokemon from Gen 5 to X and Y we need to purchase a cloud storage software? That's ridiculous imo. Isn't buying X and Y enough? Now we have to buy some app too just to complete the Pokedex? These might be the first games where I don't complete the Dex then 'cause I'm not paying for Pokemon Bank.
    So how much did you pay for that extra DS that you needed to transfer Pokémon from Gen IV to Gen V?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    938

    Default

    I have a 3DS and a 3DS XL and combined they cost me a total $70, both brand new. It's not like they are some rare, mythical creatures that people can't find a way get their hands on. Not to mention if you know anyone else that plays pokemon, they probably are going to have one. I am not saying the counter-argument that $5/year is better than buying another 3DS is nonsense (it's not), but it's pretty overrated, too.


    Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

    FC: 3823-9867-2750

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19

    Default

    I'm confused with all this, sorry if its already been asked on this thread

    Will the ds games be able to connect to this pokemon bank through the 3ds using standardised wifi? Because ds games use the old style of wifi whereas 3ds games use the new protected wifi which has become the standard in most routers. Basically I can't connect ds games to the internet, but 3ds games i can.

    One of the main reasons I was happy with Pokemon X/Y was that I could finally be connected to the internet and trade/ battle online, etc. But if the only way to transfer is through this bank thing, then will the old games be compatible with the new wifi settings?


    Friend Safari: Grass - Oddish, Ivysaur, Quilladin My Friend Code is 0447-5871-8128

    X team: Greninja, Pelipper, Gardevoir, Pangoro, Tyrantrum, Xerneas

    White Team: Heart Gold Team: Ruby/ Emerald Legends!:

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where there is snow.
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Was anyone aware that Magnezone had a female gender in the Direct video? Also, I guess you can store the starters, fossils, and legendaries on the PokeBank and restart the game to retrieve them as a new game+ ?

Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •