Page 80 of 125 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

I love the ridiculous "how are you supposed to collect 700+ Pokemon without hacking" argument. What are you, five? It doesn't take that long to fill up a Pokedex, even for someone with a full-time job like myself. Before the end of the story, I had inexplicably over 100 Pokemon in the Dex in X. With the online trading, it becomes hilariously easy. The only difficulty comes from the ridiculous event Pokemon...

Now...TRAINING all those Pokemon, with EVs and IVs and stuff...that takes a while. But that's still no excuse for making the online experience less fun for people who, Samus forbid, want to actually build their teams legitimately.

How awesome would the pokebank be if they released all the previous generation games in the eshop and you could use the pokebank to transfer pokemon into the newest generations? Like from Red and Blue and Yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos.Fan View Post
    How awesome would the pokebank be if they released all the previous generation games in the eshop and you could use the pokebank to transfer pokemon into the newest generations? Like from Red and Blue and Yellow.
    Ignoring the fact that that's not going to happen, PokeBank would be no more or less awesome because of it.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos.Fan View Post
    It'd be impossible to use it because there'd be no way to transfer 3-4 or 4-5. And Nintendo hasn't indicated they'll be releasing any GBA or DS games on the E-shop.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Im just curious but my friend has action replay and hes going crazy because he had some pokemon and all he did was give it 31 ivs in all stat n made it shiny. But it was legitmatly found in game he just used a code so that whn you mark it it becomes a flawless shiny with legit stats n moves. But idk if theyll detect it as hacked or not...

Does anyone have info on this yet?
    3DS Fc: 0791-2425-2961 IGN: Dante

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by AzureCharizard View Post
    Im just curious but my friend has action replay and hes going crazy because he had some pokemon and all he did was give it 31 ivs in all stat n made it shiny. But it was legitmatly found in game he just used a code so that whn you mark it it becomes a flawless shiny with legit stats n moves. But idk if theyll detect it as hacked or not...

Does anyone have info on this yet?
    No info on hack check whatsoever, but I'll be rather surprised if something like that slipped through.

Yeah using an AR is the equivalent of smacking the game in the face. It's usually quite obvious.

Also very interested to learn more about the 'blue pentagon' mentioned on the main site and how that'll really be used in the end, will certainly be a great indication for any obvious hacks that could potentially show up.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    I love the ridiculous "how are you supposed to collect 700+ Pokemon without hacking" argument. What are you, five? It doesn't take that long to fill up a Pokedex, even for someone with a full-time job like myself. Before the end of the story, I had inexplicably over 100 Pokemon in the Dex in X. With the online trading, it becomes hilariously easy. The only difficulty comes from the ridiculous event Pokemon...

Now...TRAINING all those Pokemon, with EVs and IVs and stuff...that takes a while. But that's still no excuse for making the online experience less fun for people who, Samus forbid, want to actually build their teams legitimately.
    Well back with my DS I had to use an Action Replay to get all the Pokemon I wanted as my DS was incompatible with my internet connection at the time. So it was the only way I could catch the version exclusives I never had on my game. Naturally once captured via cheat I'd breed them legitimately and release the original cheated Pokemon, leaving me with nothing but legitimate Pokemon. (although I did pop the quick egg hatch on, not got time to waste waiting for them to hatch takes ages).

However if for some reason because I had to use the action replay I can't transfer all my old Pokemon over (over 100 trained level 100 Pokemon, two of which are shiny) I will be furious! As I still trained them all without hacking IVs or Forcing them to be Shiny and know moves they can't learn. I breed them all legitimately and taught them the moves I wanted myself.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 15th November 2013 at 5:15 PM.
    Team Flinch
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by Something~Kinda~Ooooh View Post
    Also very interested to learn more about the 'blue pentagon' mentioned on the main site and how that'll really be used in the end, will certainly be a great indication for any obvious hacks that could potentially show up.
    I was just thinking about this, and wouldn't this mean that hacked Pokemon would be allowed in the game? They just wouldn't show a blue pentagon so others will know they are hacked? Maybe they won't let you online with them in your party.

I just hope clones can xfer up. I wasn't around for a lot of the events, if not all, and some of my most favorite pokemon I have we're just clones from the events.

Indignant rage over clones and other Pokémon obtained via unsanctioned mechanics is missing the point entirely. That one's Internet connection was "incompatible" doesn't excuse cheating, nor does having a clone or cloning a hacked Pokémon make either of those legitimate.

If the hack check is able to detect such things and deny the transfer of the Pokémon accordingly, one divested themselves of any right to be "furious" when they hacked in the first place, for whatever reason.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Well back with my DS I had to use an Action Replay to get all the Pokemon I wanted as my DS was incompatible with my internet connection at the time. So it was the only way I could catch the version exclusives I never had on my game. Naturally once captured via cheat I'd breed them legitimately and release the original cheated Pokemon, leaving me with nothing but legitimate Pokemon. (although I did pop the quick egg hatch on, not got time to waste waiting for them to hatch takes ages).

However if for some reason because I had to use the action replay I can't transfer all my old Pokemon over (over 100 trained level 100 Pokemon, two of which are shiny) I will be furious! As I still trained them all without hacking IVs or Forcing them to be Shiny and know moves they can't learn. I breed them all legitimately and taught them the moves I wanted myself.
    You have no one to blame but yourself, no one force you to hack.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post

I doubt they will have a problem transferring, but we obviously won't know until December 27th.

Okay, so you "got catch em all" but there's a big handful of event only... Then? Sometimes if you want that event that is gone, or to get an event pokemon that unlocks another event, cloning or cheating is the only way, and if I paid money to play a game and can't physically catch all of them, there's no choice left but to clone or cheat. Like I said, it's just a game, you guys make pokemon sound like hand painted paintings VS. Cheap Chinese print copies. Their just pixels.

Also, if im going to pay for this transfer, I would think I would be able to xfer anything I want. Why? Because I paid for this service ( and it's not a one time pay) ontop of paying for the game. I won't be playing competitive other than friendly battles, so why have a stick up your rear about what's real or not.

I guess I just see it as, it's your game, so if you wanna played with cheated pokemon than you should be able to, I would think it would be none of GF business what I decide to migrate up to my gen 6 game
    Last edited by Tokarev; 15th November 2013 at 7:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Okay, so you "got catch em all" but there's a big handful of event only... Then? Sometimes if you want that event that is gone, or to get an event pokemon that unlocks another event, cloning or cheating is the only way, and if I paid money to play a game and can't physically catch all of them, there's no choice left but to clone or cheat. Like I said, it's just a game, you guys make pokemon sound like hand painted paintings VS. Cheap Chinese print copies. Their just pixels.

Also, if im going to pay for this transfer, I would think I would be able to xfer anything I want. Why? Because I paid for this service ( and it's not a one time pay) ontop of paying for the game.
    Event Pokemon are not required to complete the PokeDex, and these days it's incredibly easy to obtain events, either by getting them during the event or trading with someone. Again, no one forced you to cheat, that was entirely your choice.

I don't care about what I've seen in the pokedex, if I caught all of them minus, say, deoxys, then I still haven't caught all pokemon, which is the entire point of these games. It's frustrating that arceus or deoxys are on the games I purchased, but they are not accessible. That's all, I know nobody chose to cheat but me.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 15th November 2013 at 7:44 PM.

Also, if im going to pay for this transfer, I would think I would be able to xfer anything I want. Why? Because I paid for this service ( and it's not a one time pay) ontop of paying for the game. I won't be playing competitive other than friendly battles, so why have a stick up your rear about what's real or not.

I guess I just see it as, it's your game, so if you wanna played with cheated pokemon than you should be able to, I would think it would be none of GF business what I decide to migrate up to my gen 6 game
    Problem is, GF has no way of knowing that your hacked Pokemon was simply for dex completion and not a perfect IV Shiny that you intended to use competitively. So yeah, I suppose it sucks that you won't be able to transfer those Pokemon you had no other means of getting, but that's just how it is.

I don't care about what I've seen in the pokedex, if I caught all of them minus, say, deoxys, then I still haven't caught all pokemon, which is the entire point of these games. It's frustrating that arceus or deoxys are on the games I purchased, but they are not accessible. That's all, I know nobody chose to cheat but me.
    The point of the game isn't to catch everything. If you choose to hack, good for you. But theyre under no obligation to support your choices which go against the console and game manual
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I was just thinking about this, and wouldn't this mean that hacked Pokemon would be allowed in the game? They just wouldn't show a blue pentagon so others will know they are hacked? Maybe they won't let you online with them in your party.
    Mmmm it is curious. Serebii mentioned that it could be regional, but don't they usually have their location caught on the status screen (I must admit I can't remember for this Gen...) I think if you can't go online with them, then actually that is potentially a great idea. It means people like a few posters here who have clones or hacks just for the Pokédex will be able to do just that. But baring in mind that they mentioned PokéBank can block hacks, that could be doubtful. SO CONFUSING, and so many questions. Well not long to wait till we find out I guess.
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

I traded for some shiny legendaries on my Gen 5 game and they obviously looked hacked.

I'd totally support GF and Nintendo if they decided to do away with my shiny Deoxy's if they deemed it hacked.

Same goes with everyone else's hacked poke's. Don't get butt hurt if and when they get scraped off the game
    And yes it is just a game but I wouldn't want to play with a cheater.

That's like having god mode on Call of Duty online. Being able to kill everyone and not go down once because of a cheat.

EXACTLY. I made a point to deliberately not capture any pokemon I already had on Black2 (which was all of the old ones) when I played X. At the end of the story in X, I had 120 pokemon caught...
    Six Generations / One Team:

Currently Seeking: Xerneas
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by redven View Post
    I traded for some shiny legendaries on my Gen 5 game and they obviously looked hacked.

I'd totally support GF and Nintendo if they decided to do away with my shiny Deoxy's if they deemed it hacked.

Same goes with everyone else's hacked poke's. Don't get butt hurt if and when they get scraped off the game
    And yes it is just a game but I wouldn't want to play with a cheater.

That's like having god mode on Call of Duty online. Being able to kill everyone and not go down once because of a cheat.
    Any Pokemon detected by Bank's legality checker won't magically disappear. It just won't be permitted to be transferred.

I'm concerned because when i checked some of my pokemon on pokecheck it said my pokerus came from a hacked pokerus file, i've never used an ar in my life, but its possible that i traded with someone who's pokemon was infected with it. Do you think that will affect anything with the defense mechanisms in poketransfer?

I don't understand your need to talk down on others who find it difficult. I, too, have a full time job and don't have money to be buying older handheld consoles and all the respective games I need to complete a dex. it is difficult unless you're essentially handed all the pokemon. and I also don't have many friends who play pokemon so that doesn't help. that's why completing the dex was never a priority for me. but alas, I can't wait to transfer my BW2 pokemon over. I got a shiny oshawott via masuda method with a good nature and decent IV's (:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by codybriana View Post
    I'm concerned because when i checked some of my pokemon on pokecheck it said my pokerus came from a hacked pokerus file, i've never used an ar in my life, but its possible that i traded with someone who's pokemon was infected with it. Do you think that will affect anything with the defense mechanisms in poketransfer?
    Is there a reason you think your question will get a specific, useful answer compared to the several dozen similar questions that have been met with "We don't know, the app isn't out, and do you really think they'd release that kind of info in the first place"?

Page 80 of 125 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast