Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

  1. #2001
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Fight Area
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Firstly I completely understand why Nintendo has done this. I'd just like to know how this Hack check works. I do resent dose that hack a Pokemon to automatically have perfect stats, abilities and moves. I also particularly hate Pokemon hacked to have stats, abilities and moves beyond its natural parameters. However is cheating to capture a standard Lotad really in the same league? If that Lotad is then breed, its child is surly a legitimate Pokemon so will that get picked up? If trained correctly is there even a difference aside from the original method it was obtained? I even wonder if it will search the game itself. I am sure lots of people have used a quick egg hatching cheat, so will they be banned? Used a cheat to get all TMs? Is that going to effect things? Certainly interesting.

    What I am most confused by however if the fact that an Action Reply IS a legitimate product, sold in shops for use on the DS, whether you like it or not its legal tender. So I wonder, if Nintendo really dislikes it why not just ban it outright? Is it some kind of free trade thing? If so then blocking its use in games is just the same as banning it right? It seems a blurry line.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 16th November 2013 at 12:15 AM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

  2. #2002
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Firstly I completely understand why Nintendo has done this. I'd just like to know how this Hack check works. I do resent dose that hack a Pokemon to automatically have perfect stats, abilities and moves. I also particularly hate Pokemon hacked to have stats, abilities and moves beyond its natural parameters. However is cheating to capture a standard Lotad really in the same league? If that Lotad is then breed, its child is surly a legitimate Pokemon so will that get picked up? If trained correctly is there even a difference aside from the original method it was obtained? I even wonder if it will search the game itself. I am sure lots of people have used a quick egg hatching cheat, so will they be banned? Used a cheat to get all TMs? Is that going to effect things? Certainly interesting.

    What I am most confused by however if the fact that an Action Reply IS a legitimate product, sold in shops for use on the DS, whether you like it or not its legal tender. There I wonder, if Nintendo really dislike it why not just ban it outright? Is it some kind of free trade thing? If so then blocking its use in games is just the same as banning it right?
    It think that any Pokemon that can't get through the tournaments set up in the 5th generation are Pokemon that are counted as hacks. If you bred a Lotad from a "hacked" one, then you should be in the clear as it's not the one that was hacked. Of coarse this is all just assumption because we have no real way of telling right now
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  3. #2003
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Firstly I completely understand why Nintendo has done this. I'd just like to know how this Hack check works. I do resent dose that hack a Pokemon to automatically have perfect stats, abilities and moves. I also particularly hate Pokemon hacked to have stats, abilities and moves beyond its natural parameters. However is cheating to capture a standard Lotad really in the same league? If that Lotad is then breed, its child is surly a legitimate Pokemon so will that get picked up? If trained correctly is there even a difference aside from the original method it was obtained? I even wonder if it will search the game itself. I am sure lots of people have used a quick egg hatching cheat, so will they be banned? Used a cheat to get all TMs? Is that going to effect things? Certainly interesting.

    What I am most confused by however if the fact that an Action Reply IS a legitimate product, sold in shops for use on the DS, whether you like it or not its legal tender. So I wonder, if Nintendo really dislikes it why not just ban it outright? Is it some kind of free trade thing? If so then blocking its use in games is just the same as banning it right? It seems a blurry line.
    Nintendo can't ban a product from shelves simply because they don't like it. However they have every right to prevent their game from doing things that they don't like.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #2004
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San diego, california, usa.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    well i think that nintendo is just overreacting. solution to hacked pokemon on tournaments or trades? then just block them there!! no need for any block on normal offline gameplay
    Game:pokemon x

    3DS friend code: 0817-4100-7258
    Interests: trading, battling, filling the pokedex, friend safari and shiny hunter
    Friend safari: water with bibarel quagsire and frogadier
    Shinies: druddigon ursaring Garchomp Emolga ;587; Clawitzer
    Favorite pokemon: Mewtwo Rayquaza Pikachu Spiritomb Snorlax pichu Darkrai Rhyperior Charizard

  5. #2005

    Default

    Or, again, people could not hack in the first place.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  6. #2006
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Ocean
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    I think the hack checker is reasonable. The fact is people do not just keep hacks to themselves. They sometimes use them online with other people who dont know or unknowingly trade them to people who arent aware. I this this is an unfair thing to do, but some people just dont care and do it anyway. If the hack checker keeps less hacks from getting to X/Y and then to Wonder Trade and the GTS and other online features, then I say it's a good thing. Then again, we have no idea what it supposedly will block and how extensive it will be.

  7. #2007
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here, duh.
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I don't understand your need to talk down on others who find it difficult. I, too, have a full time job and don't have money to be buying older handheld consoles and all the respective games I need to complete a dex. it is difficult unless you're essentially handed all the pokemon. and I also don't have many friends who play pokemon so that doesn't help. that's why completing the dex was never a priority for me. but alas, I can't wait to transfer my BW2 pokemon over. I got a shiny oshawott via masuda method with a good nature and decent IV's (:
    I'm just really tired of hearing the same argument over and over again of "it's just so hard to get all the mons!"...for justifying allowing hacked Pokemon, which ruins the multiplayer experience for everyone when they inevitably have to battle against them or get one in a trade (which can get them banned from tournaments solely for having it even if they didn't hack it themselves).

    Hack on your own time and your own game, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, it doesn't matter. But insisting that Bank shouldn't have a hack check because it's apparently too hard to fill up the dex is stupid and ridiculous.

  8. #2008
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I just got the last possible pokemon I can obtain on x&y(Dusknoir) and now my pokedex is sitting pretty at 603 seen and 596 obtained( only missing the unobtainable pokes on the list on the main site). Can't wait for the bank to come so I can collect my shiny charm

    Also debunks the theory that completing the pokedex w/o cheating is impossible, if I got this far just from trading and training.
    3DS Friend Code:2793-1721-8850
    IGN:Kashley
    I have every non-event legendary available, PM me for trade talks.

    My Inbox is pretty full, so VM as well if your message can't get through.

  9. #2009
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard006 View Post
    I just got the last possible pokemon I can obtain on x&y(Dusknoir) and now my pokedex is sitting pretty at 603 seen and 596 obtained( only missing the unobtainable pokes on the list on the main site). Can't wait for the bank to come so I can collect my shiny charm

    Also debunks the theory that completing the pokedex w/o cheating is impossible, if I got this far just from trading and training.
    It was never a theory, it was just people being lazy and trying to make excuses.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #2010
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chillin' with Spheal
    Posts
    82

    Default

    The thing with the hack check is, obviously there are going to be some that can get through. It's possible to make the hacked pokemon look completely legitimate and if it does look legitimate, the bank won't be able to tell that it's hacked. And we won't be seeing any hacked 6th gen pokes for a while considering it's difficult to do so on a 3DS (I think), but any gen before that, hackers can just hack the pokes into their B/B2 or W/W2 and then transfer them over to X and Y. So hacked pokes will still be around, just not in such a large magnitude because of the new hack check.
    3DS FC: 4871-3342-0587

    Safari Type

        Spoiler:- CANNOT BE UNSEEN:


  11. #2011
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard006 View Post
    I just got the last possible pokemon I can obtain on x&y(Dusknoir) and now my pokedex is sitting pretty at 603 seen and 596 obtained( only missing the unobtainable pokes on the list on the main site). Can't wait for the bank to come so I can collect my shiny charm
    Just so you know, the max seen at the moment is 612, not 603. Becomes pointless when Bank is released, though.

    Also, yay Britain pays the most for downloadable things as usual.

  12. #2012
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Skyship Palidor
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    I'm just really tired of hearing the same argument over and over again of "it's just so hard to get all the mons!"...for justifying allowing hacked Pokemon, which ruins the multiplayer experience for everyone when they inevitably have to battle against them or get one in a trade (which can get them banned from tournaments solely for having it even if they didn't hack it themselves).

    Hack on your own time and your own game, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else, it doesn't matter. But insisting that Bank shouldn't have a hack check because it's apparently too hard to fill up the dex is stupid and ridiculous.
    Hear hear. If people keep using that same old rhetoric, why not ask Game Freak to make every Pokémon perfect 31 every time! With Sparkles! And can learn every move in the universe!

    And then we'll finally stop playing and appreciate wonderful, bountiful nature. Who needs Pokémon when we can spend the rest of our days appreciating the bright, round moon?


    Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

    Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

    I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

  13. #2013
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I'm curious about how the bank/transporter will affect abilities of previous gen pokemon. For example, if you caught a Kecleon in the Dream World/Entralink in your copy of White, it would have it's "hidden ability" because it is a dream world pokemon. However, Kecleon's HA in Gen V is the same as it's regular ability, Color Change. If this Kecleon was transported to XY, would it retain the ability Color Change, or would it change to Protean since this is the data for the hidden ability in this generation?

  14. #2014
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banebdjetet View Post
    I'm curious about how the bank/transporter will affect abilities of previous gen pokemon. For example, if you caught a Kecleon in the Dream World/Entralink in your copy of White, it would have it's "hidden ability" because it is a dream world pokemon. However, Kecleon's HA in Gen V is the same as it's regular ability, Color Change. If this Kecleon was transported to XY, would it retain the ability Color Change, or would it change to Protean since this is the data for the hidden ability in this generation?
    I think this happened in Pal Park transfers in 4th gen. Sometimes something like Porygon, which only had 1 ability in gen 3, would change to their new second ability.

    If my understanding is correct, if something only had 1 ability, both slots were used for it.
    Gen 3 Porygon only had Trace, so Slot 1 and 2 were both Trace. If it was a porygon with Trace in Slot 2 when transferred, it'd become Download.

    So theoretically, dream world Kecleon should still be a "slot 3" kecleon that would change to Protean.


    I think, anyway, it's been ages since this has been relevant

  15. #2015
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,994

    Default

    From Gen III to IV, even if the Pokémon's ability slot changed over the Generation, the Ability itself only changed if the Pokémon evolved, so I assume that Dream World Kecleon with Protean would be imossible.

  16. #2016
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    12

    Default

    if it didn't change, because the pokemon didn't undergo evolution, i wonder if a female dream world kecleon would still have a chance of passing her "slot 3" ability as a HA i guess we'll see how this all works out. It could be different this time around, because the bank/transporter may act differently than previous transfer processes

  17. #2017
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banebdjetet View Post
    if it didn't change, because the pokemon didn't undergo evolution, i wonder if a female dream world kecleon would still have a chance of passing her "slot 3" ability as a HA i guess we'll see how this all works out. It could be different this time around, because the bank/transporter may act differently than previous transfer processes
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    From Gen III to IV, even if the Pokémon's ability slot changed over the Generation, the Ability itself only changed if the Pokémon evolved, so I assume that Dream World Kecleon with Protean would be imossible.
    Now I'm curious about Scolipede. Of the pokemon who got their Hidden Abilities (that is, of the ones who actually had them from the get-go) changed, Scolipede's the only one who was already released. If it's like before, it should still be Quick Feet and not turn into Speed Boost, yeah? Wonder if it still passes down Quick Feet

  18. #2018
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Now I'm curious about Scolipede. Of the pokemon who got their Hidden Abilities (that is, of the ones who actually had them from the get-go) changed, Scolipede's the only one who was already released. If it's like before, it should still be Quick Feet and not turn into Speed Boost, yeah? Wonder if it still passes down Quick Feet
    On top of this discussion, I think Togepi or Togetic transferred from Gen III would flip flop abilities. Hustle to Serene Grace, Serene Grace to Hustle. Don't take my absolute word for it though.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  19. #2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't care about what I've seen in the pokedex, if I caught all of them minus, say, deoxys, then I still haven't caught all pokemon, which is the entire point of these games. It's frustrating that arceus or deoxys are on the games I purchased, but they are not accessible. That's all, I know nobody chose to cheat but me.
    Wheren't you just talking about how its all just a game with pixels? Why are you now frustrated? Its just a game.

    And the point of the games is to get all Pokemon (if you want), but its pointless to get them trough cheating. Exactly cheating makes me think "why are they cheating? This is just a game with pixels. " No need to cheat in a game. If you can't get something then you should remind yourself that its just a GAME. We are not against cheating because we think its more than a game, but because cheating destroys the point of the game.
    Last edited by Saroku; 19th November 2013 at 2:15 AM.

  20. #2020
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here, duh.
    Posts
    510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    On top of this discussion, I think Togepi or Togetic transferred from Gen III would flip flop abilities. Hustle to Serene Grace, Serene Grace to Hustle. Don't take my absolute word for it though.
    It'd make sense if the positions of the abilities were flipped in later games. Especially if the abilities are in fact referenced by slot number (and then referenced for species and fetched). I could see that happening as an oversight.

  21. #2021
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I'm also hoping that the bank/transporter doesn't ban pokemon with ribbons (like the Gen V GTS does) so we'll all be able to transfer event pokemon from previous gens

  22. #2022
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banebdjetet View Post
    I'm also hoping that the bank/transporter doesn't ban pokemon with ribbons (like the Gen V GTS does) so we'll all be able to transfer event pokemon from previous gens
    I doubt they'd ban those, but we obviously won't know until December 25/27th.

  23. #2023
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Skyship Palidor
    Posts
    379

    Default

    It's two Generations late, but what I'm really concerned about is leaving Gizamimi Pichu all alone back in Johto...


    Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

    Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

    I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

  24. #2024
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaby View Post
    It's two Generations late, but what I'm really concerned about is leaving Gizamimi Pichu all alone back in Johto...
    Unless the bank somehow gets an update such that it allows to grab directly from 4th gen games, it will be forever and always the one gen 3 & on pokemon you can't bring over

  25. #2025
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banebdjetet View Post
    I'm also hoping that the bank/transporter doesn't ban pokemon with ribbons (like the Gen V GTS does) so we'll all be able to transfer event pokemon from previous gens
    No GTS bans all Pokemon with any ribbon. The GTS does, however, prevent Pokemon with Classic Ribbons, from being traded. And those are Ribbons you only get from event Pokemon (though not ALL events have classic ribbons, but since Gen 4, the vast majority of them do)
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •