Page 82 of 125 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3113

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Unless the bank somehow gets an update such that it allows to grab directly from 4th gen games, it will be forever and always the one gen 3 & on pokemon you can't bring over
    Maybe they can have an event where Celebi brings her to the current time-zone?

Yeah, I guess it's just wishful thinking. But I really do feel bad about the little critter....

Anyone saying Red is a good trainer please explain to me how he can have a Jolteon get OHKO'ed by a Thunderbolt. From a Rhyhorn.

Proud owner of an English Unnerve Mewtwo.

I'm currently in Sinnoh and Johto-Kanto at the moment. If you want to do a trade, notify me when as I won't be online in Kalos (Gen VI).

Can I ask whether we can transfer from pokemon diamond and pearl?
    My 3DS Code Is: 2621-3209-6186
    Pokemons: Ferroseed, Klang, Klefki

Happy gaming!

KLONOA FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Zloik View Post
    Can I ask whether we can transfer from pokemon diamond and pearl?
    Read the FAQ
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Yeah I realize now that just saying "ribbons" wasn't very specific. I definitely meant the event-only ribbons that can prevent you from using a pokemon on the GTS in Gen V. But from what I understand, there aren't any event pokemon with classic ribbons (or otherwise) that couldn't be transferred from Gen IV to Gen V, so it shouldn't be an issue this time either. Here's hoping

Are berries transferrable? I know items aren't I think as some have changed from normal to Key Items yet there are lots of berries still unavailable at the minute. It would be weird for them to be unavailable.
    Jack5326
    3DS Friend Code: 2251-5260-4403
    Type Friend Safari with Ponyta, Larvesta and Braixen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack5326 View Post
    Are berries transferrable? I know items aren't I think as some have changed from normal to Key Items yet there are lots of berries still unavailable at the minute. It would be weird for them to be unavailable.
    No items, straight up. I don't see why berries would be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack5326 View Post
    Pokemon can't be holding anything when sent to the Bank, whether their being transported from B/W, B2/W2, or moved from the X/Y to the bank. So you can't have your Pokemon hold berries from B/W, B2/W2 and transport them to Pokemon Bank.
    Even though there's still some berries that are unavailable in X/Y you'll be able to get more berries when X/Y's PGL adds in attractions. I'm sure though there's going to be some berries that'll be event exclusive just like always.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

What I like to know is, for example, I want a perfect Nidoking with Ice Punch. Do I have to do all of that in B/W before switching it to X/Y, or is it possible that move tutor moves could be passed down in some way, or do we wait to find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Snipeclips View Post
    What I like to know is, for example, I want a perfect Nidoking with Ice Punch. Do I have to do all of that in B/W before switching it to X/Y, or is it possible that move tutor moves could be passed down in some way, or do we wait to find out?
    To the best of my knowledge, Ice Punch is not an egg move for Nidoking.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, Ice Punch is not an egg move for Nidoking.
    Yeah, but only a very few learn Ice Punch, and most that do are only gen 5 only moves. I'm not even sure if they'll be an update of some sorts that will implement such a change.

If I recall correctly, gen 4 tutor moves weren't breedable in gen5. So suckerpunch hitmontop would have to be gotten in HGSS for example. Couldn't get it in BW. I would guess this gen will be similar.
    X FC, Xantara: 2449-5027-2210 (FS: Abra, Espurr, Gothorita)
    White FC, Onyx: 5286-8494-9103

Complete Shiny Pokedexes:
    Unova
    Progress on complete shiny Kanto pokedex: working on the Magnemite line

Quote Originally Posted by Kitara View Post
    If I recall correctly, gen 4 tutor moves weren't breedable in gen5. So suckerpunch hitmontop would have to be gotten in HGSS for example. Couldn't get it in BW. I would guess this gen will be similar.
    I see. Well this kinda sucks. I was really looking forward to a perfect pokemon with move tutor moves and finding a way to have that in X/Y.

Bank can't come soon enough. Having to use GTS to transfer pokes is getting old.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/5ydys1.jpg[/IMG]
    3DS FC: 0962-9471-3329

I think the late release for the bank was a good idea. Let everyone play it a few times though or just once or finish your dex and then release all the pokemon around Christmas time, great idea. I don't like that it costs money but whatever, corporate has got to make their money. At least it's pretty cheap.
    Born in Kanto.Raised in Hoenn.Exploring in Kalos.
    Traveling back home November 21st!

<--- Just Some Favs (Besides Mudkipz)

Pokémon X FC: 3497 - 0519 - 7105
    Electric Friend Safari:

Native Vivillon: Modern

I see. Well this kinda sucks. I was really looking forward to a perfect pokemon with move tutor moves and finding a way to have that in X/Y.
    I wouldn't worry, Pokémon Z or X & Y 2 will introduce the move tutors. this has always been the case with the gams.

I share your concerns. I have a sukerpunch Golem which cant be replicated even in BW2. Im breeding torkoal and annoyed that I cant have it learn Earth Power. this is the first generation where I have IV and EV bred. I love the new mechanics making it so much easier that before.

For storage I always uploaded my pokemon to pokecheck and downloaded the pkm file. It was also really easy if I wanted to start over. Its also much more storage. I don't think I like the idea of the bank.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    540 encounters on route 210
    6324 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

Then don't use it. The notion that Bank is a mistake because cheating services like Pokécheck exist is ridiculous.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I just don't see a need for it when there are many free storage services. They should just make it to where edited and hacked pokemon cant be transferred. The bank seems to be the only way to keep my pokemon now if I want to start over. I don't think pokecheck is a cheating service. Its for hack checking.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    540 encounters on route 210
    6324 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

Quote Originally Posted by Neji-and-Pidgeot View Post
    I just don't see a need for it when there are many free storage services.
    No, there are no free storage services that are official, sanctioned and approved. Again, proclaiming Bank unnecessary because of these unofficial and unsanctioned efforts is ridiculous.

They should just make it to where edited and hacked pokemon cant be transferred.
    And they have - can't be transferred through Transporter or Bank, that is.

The bank seems to be the only way to keep my pokemon now if I want to start over.
    You're free to keep using whatever unsanctioned means have served you up until now, I'm sure.

I don't think pokecheck is a cheating service. Its for hack checking.
    You don't think a service capable of creating, storing and/or modifying any Pokémon to any and all specifications is a service used for cheating? Really?

Again, that Bank is somehow less necessary for the existence of such things is a ridiculous notion

-----
    Words to|live by

I just don't see a need for it when there are many free storage services. They should just make it to where edited and hacked pokemon cant be transferred. The bank seems to be the only way to keep my pokemon now if I want to start over. I don't think pokecheck is a cheating service. Its for hack checking.
    You can continue to think that, but the fact remains that it is. You're making the game do something it was not intended to do by sending your Pokemon to Pokecheck. Add that to the fact that it is in no way controlled or endorsed by GameFreak.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Does anyone know if it will be possible to trade Pokemon with someone else from your Bank boxes? Like, if I put all my bred Pokemon in a Bank box, can I trade them directly from there to another player?

I'm really happy that Bank stops hacked pokemon from being transferred. I've seen some people say that they just use hacked pokemon for themselves and don't battle with them or whatever. To those people I would like to point them to the GTS. Look at all the people who lie in their description of their pokemon, ask for pokemon that can't be traded yet or in general have proven themselves not mature enough to keep hacked pokemon to themselves (as we've seen from the previous gen's GTS and online battles)

The pokemon community is awesome and has some great people who participate and help newer players. It's always been like that, but there is always a large group of people who cheat and try to suck the fun out of the game (like in every game ever). I would never go on the GTS in older gens because I don't want hacked pokemon on my game. It's my hobby to make legit strong pokemon for battles and to trade. Hacks ruin that for me and I'm glad something is being done to stop or limit their use and I'm sure many agree with me.

Good riddance to hacks I say. Catching all the pokemon isn't even that hard. It's a fun hobby if anything else. Set aside a list of 20 pokemon to obtain each day that you have some free time and anyone can fill he dex in a month. Heck, even shiny pokemon and good IV pokemon with perfect natures etc are more accessible to everyone now.

Anyways kinda going off the point of the thread lol. I am very excited for Pokemon Bank as I have a few pokemon who are awesome in online battles waiting for me back in White 2. I also want to see every pokemon in 3D. There are a lot we haven't really seen yet in X and Y.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by supergeek0830 View Post
    Does anyone know if it will be possible to trade Pokemon with someone else from your Bank boxes? Like, if I put all my bred Pokemon in a Bank box, can I trade them directly from there to another player?
    The answer to this question, as it is to all questions about Bank not covered in the FAQ, is and continues to be "we don't know".

-----
    Words to|live by

I was super excited about this when I heard about it, up to the point where I heard today that Pokemon cannot be stored while holding items. I don't really see why that limitation is necessary. If someone wants to start their game over 20 times to get 20 lucky eggs, just let them ruin the game's challenge for themselves. Don't tell gamers how to play their copy of the game and don't spoil it for someone who just wants to do simple things like have a Charizard holding its X evolution stone and one holding a Y evolution stone.

Whatever. I still plan to subscribe to the Bank when it comes out, but I don't see my disappointment over the items thing going away unless they decide to make an item bank application (or update it later to allow items, maybe they just don't know how to make it work right now).

3ds Friend Code: 3480-3956-6165
    In Safari: Onix, Dwebble, Barbaracle (Rock Types)
    Currently looking for HA Bulbasaur and Chespin family members. Please message if you want to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoAir View Post
    I was super excited about this when I heard about it, up to the point where I heard today that Pokemon cannot be stored while holding items. I don't really see why that limitation is necessary. If someone wants to start their game over 20 times to get 20 lucky eggs, just let them ruin the game's challenge for themselves. Don't tell gamers how to play their copy of the game and don't spoil it for someone who just wants to do simple things like have a Charizard holding its X evolution stone and one holding a Y evolution stone.

Whatever. I still plan to subscribe to the Bank when it comes out, but I don't see my disappointment over the items thing going away unless they decide to make an item bank application (or update it later to allow items, maybe they just don't know how to make it work right now).
    It's not because of balance issues. It's because those items may not exist in future games.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Page 82 of 125 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast