Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Default Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Pokemon Bank/PokeTransporter FAQs
        Spoiler:- FAQs:

If you can't afford this for $5, then dont buy the $40 game!! That is all.

Carrying over from the previous thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Could they not simply make a free version that has only transfer features and not cloud features? That's the only part of this that needs to be free.
    It is free. You just need Pokemon Bank in order to use it.

And back to my point about McDonald's: Should I file a compliant and/or call the police since this extortion? I want my free ranch packets back. Do you think the police and my sole complain will change what a global fast food company charges for ranch? I mean, clearly they are violently and illegally extorting money from me, if the actual definition holds true. McDonald's is intimating me to pay 25 cents for a ranch packet. I am surprised a group of elitist, free ranch packet advocates haven't stormed the halls of McDonald's Headquarters demanding ranch, while costly to produce, be free of charge for all customers. I don't like how McDonald's is threatening me. Clearly a case of old-fashioned extortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiëstik View Post
    It's not about affording, it is about the principle of SPENDING your money. Some people would rather spend their 5$ on something else ya know and they are entitled to share their opinions. Don't compare spendig money on Pokémon Bank with an actual Pokémon game, it somehow doesn't make any sense.
    You're right. People would rather spend $7-$10 a month each on stuff like Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Spotify instead of paying $5 a year for Pokemon Cloud storage.

Hopefully the starving children in Africa don't catch wind of this.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

It's $5 a year, right? That's a really great price for this and something Xbox Live can learn a thing or two from.

I'm happy that you don't even need 2 3DS for this, so that's going to be pretty helpful. I guess you'll be able to transfer over as many as you want, with no restrictions like the once a day thing from the Pal Park or the 6 at a time thing.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It's not worth the money to me. The only use I have for this system is to transfer. It's not like I breed a lot or anything, the PC boxes within the game are fine for my needs. I'll just transfer my Pokemon from White 2 during the free trial and be done with it.

Carrying over from previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    If hack check scans for abilities, natures and stats etc. But all I'm talking about is the offspring of a Pokemon caught using a wild Pokemon modifier code.
    Who cares-people will always cheat.I dont see the problem with it as long as the Pokemon have got the legal stats/moves/abilities etc and they are not being used in Official Tournaments.

I have used a code device in the past to generate a pokemon I wanted thats only available near the end of the game (Gible for example) so I get it near the start-my reason:I like to feel a bond with it all the way through,especially if I have my dream team in mind. When it comes to tournaments I put them in the box and use my legal back up team.

Back on topic:
    My main concern with this box thing is its all very well having it and charging for it,but what if the real reason its been released is because there isnt that much PC storage available in game compared to past Generations? Remember,this game will take up more memory than any other Pokemon game before it in terms of the main series
    3DS Friend Code: 3196-3511-1551 Friend Safari:

Omega Ruby Team:

Alpha Saphire Team:

One question; If I delete my X&Y file and restart the game, can I still have access to my Pokémon Bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabry00023 View Post
    One question; If I delete my X&Y file and restart the game, can I still have access to my Pokémon Bank account?
    Yeah, I think Pokémon saved in the bank can be transferred to any X or Y game.

White 2:

The Bank account seems to be unattached to your X/Y game, just accessible by it. So yes, you would still have access to it.

Yes, they stated if you loose the game entirely, you could still access it later on.

Edit: Wow, double ninja'd. XD

I will say that as people have said, things like xbox live/Netflix/etc. people are fine with. Therefore if people will buy the games themselves, they could spend the $5 a year for the storage. It really is not that much.

EDIT: I knew that if I were to answer that guy's question, that I would be ninja'd :P. So I chose not to.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Another question: It only requires a cartridge for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to transport the pokemon to Pokemon Bank, right? Does it also require a cartridge for Pokemon X and Y as well, since there will be players around the world like me who will digitally download the game via eShop?

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

THIS is the million Dollar Question.
    3DS FC 3780-9100-5377

Looking for Non-Kalos legends for Dex only.

I was initially VERY opposed to this, but when the price came out, I have softened my stance. I think there are pros and cons.

+Seems like an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer program.
    +Cloud service, whatever the hell that is. I have never used a cloud service in my life. *shrug* So it might be nice? I dunno.
    +The price is VERY right. Fair and inexpensive
    +Could be a building block for years to come.
    +A ton of storage for people who need it.

-I HONESTLY feel like this is the first step in a bad direction: mini-transactions. How long until they start charging for event pokemon or in-game content?
    -Poke-transfer should still have a free method, even if it is slow and clumsy like previous generations. If the cloud service is so good, people will still pay for it and support the new system, but I really disagree with forcing players into it for one service they all want that has been free for years.
    -Connectivity. I know it SEEMS trivial in this day-and-age, but not EVERYONE who plays pokemon has easy/convenient access to Wi-Fi. Some areas of the country still have a hard time getting those types of services. (Oh, and look! I was right about this one WAAAAYYY back in September. Nintendo never learned the lesson of Diablo and Sim City: If your servers can't yet handle so many people logging on at once, you maybe aren't at the technological point of making online functionaslity mandatory).

There are more pros than cons, but I feel the cons are more relevant than the pros. So I don't know. It is what it is, though.
    Last edited by Sid87; 27th December 2013 at 1:36 PM.

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    If you can't afford this for $5, then dont buy the $40 game!! That is all.
    A little extreme they can still get the game, just don't transfer your old pokemon.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Before you delete your game, you might wanna store some of your Pokemon into the bank. Saves you effort.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

They should really make an app to store Pokemon on the SD card as well, so we don't have to pay, or have them on a Server. I would feel better having them locally, and whenever I need them. Not with internet connection.. but I like the idea of Bank too.
    Daniel R - FC (Pokemon X) : 4124 - 5014 - 1935
    GMT -6 ( CST )

"Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Another question: It only requires a cartridge for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to transport the pokemon to Pokemon Bank, right? Does it also require a cartridge for Pokemon X and Y as well, since there will be players around the world like me who will digitally download the game via eShop?
    I assume having a digital copy of the games would be OK. Not sure why they'd make digital owners miss out on this.

White 2:

Thank you all. And how do I access my Pokémon Bank account. They give a password or something?
    Last edited by Gabry00023; 4th September 2013 at 3:29 PM.

Thank you all. And do I access my Pokémon Bank account. They give a password or something?
    I don't think they said anything about that. Really not sure, honestly. We'll know more about this feature soon enough.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    I was initially VERY opposed to this, but when the price came out, I have softened my stance. I think there are pros and cons.

+Seems like an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer program.
    +Cloud service, whatever the hell that is. I have never used a cloud service in my life. *shrug* So it might be nice? I dunno.
    +The price is VERY right. Fair and inexpensive
    +Could be a building block for years to come.
    +A ton of storage for people who need it.

-I HONESTLY feel like this is the first step in a bad direction: mini-transactions. How long until they start charging for event pokemon or in-game content?
    -Poke-transfer should still have a free method, even if it is slow and clumsy like previous generations. If the service is so good, people will still get it, but I really disagree with forcing players into it for one service they all want that has been free for years.

There are more pros than cons, but I feel the cons are more relevant than the pros. So I don't know. It is what it is, though.
    You make some very good points here.
    I honestly do not see them having us pay for things like event pokemon anytime soon, but for DLC? Maybe....
    The price aside, I also feel that this is a step forward for transferring. I mean, we get a storage area that is outside of the games, we can use it with only ONE 3DS (that is like saving us $130+), and I know that by the time I post this (considering how fast this thread is moving), it will be like replying to a post long ago....but yeah, this guy^ makes several good points.
    Sig Under Construction

National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Hm. Roughly $5 a year gets me:

1. 3000 Pokemon Storage for indefinite use from Gen V games onward.

2. Method to transfer Gen V Pokemon to Gen VI, breaking down the barrier previously preventing the possibility of Cross-Gen possibility.

3. Prevents hacked Pokemon.

Overall reaction? I'm good. The potential of storing that number of Pokemon is outstanding. I doubt that thing will get completely full, but excellent for having multiple copies. Also having it happen forever is also amazing. While I'm not too happy that I can't transfer my modified Pokemon that I use for my own personal use (And Legendaries like Darkai, Arceus, etc that I lost), I can live with it. With the SHEER number of Pokemon available, I should be able to recover from my loss. By the looks of it, X and Y may have just about every Pokemon excluding Legendaries and some starters off the bat. Surely, we'll get those Legendary Pokemon in the GL or other events. Guess I have to get used to breeding for Egg moves again!
    ♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
    ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
    ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
    I will say that as people have said, things like xbox live/Netflix/etc. people are fine with. Therefore if people will buy the games themselves, they could spend the $5 a year for the storage. It really is not that much.
    Some people are gonna have to explain to their parents where that $5 dollar charge is coming from. Some of them won't be happy to hear it's for a Video Game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    -Poke-transfer should still have a free method, even if it is slow and clumsy like previous generations. If the cloud service is so good, people will still pay for it and support the new system, but I really disagree with forcing players into it for one service they all want that has been free for years.

From the sounds of things, this may have been a necessity to make transfers possible due to hardware/software issues. They've given no word on that though, so who knows.

As for it being a step in the wrong direction, that remains to be seen. I can understand why it could be seen that way, but I don't really think we have anything to worry about. Charging a negligible fee for something that makes transferring exceptionally more convenient for the fanbase as a whole isn't too bad, and doesn't need to be treated as something they're doing for a quick buck.

Quote Originally Posted by J.J. Knight View Post
    Hm. Roughly $5 a year gets me:

1. 3000 Pokemon Storage for indefinite use from Gen V games onward.

2. Method to transfer Gen V Pokemon to Gen VI, breaking down the barrier previously preventing the possibility of Cross-Gen possibility.

3. Prevents hacked Pokemon.

Overall reaction? I'm good. The potential of storing that number of Pokemon is outstanding. I doubt that thing will get completely full, but excellent for having multiple copies. Also having it happen forever is also amazing. While I'm not too happy that I can't transfer my modified Pokemon that I use for my own personal use (And Legendaries like Darkai, Arceus, etc that I lost), I can live with it. With the SHEER number of Pokemon available, I should be able to recover from my loss. By the looks of it, X and Y may have just about every Pokemon excluding Legendaries and some starters off the bat. Surely, we'll get those Legendary Pokemon in the GL or other events. Guess I have to get used to breeding for Egg moves again!
    You also make some good points here.
    It is good that the barrier between gens V and VI is basically gone now, even with a price of $5.
    Wait a minute....I CAN complete my goal in my signature (if the US gets the Pokémon Bank/Poketransporter at the same time as the rest of the world).
    Sig Under Construction

Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast