Page 18 of 125 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Bank & Poké Transporter Thread [READ FIRST POST]

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Excuse me for missing something you said probably 100 hundred times but why cant they connect? i trade pokemon between the two all the time.
    The 3DS games don't have the ability to properly communicate with DS games/Consoles directly.

Konami had to Sell an App to get around this problem. The games in question "Love Plus Series" lets you continue your relation ship with your girls. It's a Japanese only. (It's rated CERO C. Approx ESRB T or PEGI 16. )

Actually Konami actually wanted to give the app away for free, but they couldn't. It's priced at 200Yen which is the lowest a 3DS eshop item is. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27448

So GameFreak could be forced to make you to buy their app too.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

My only question is this. Could we by the Nintendo E-Shop card to pay for the fee or do we need a credit or debit card?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    My only question is this. Could we by the Nintendo E-Shop card to pay for the fee or do we need a credit or debit card?
    E-shop cards and credit cards both put money on your e-shop the exact same way, so I imagine it wouldn't make a bit of difference. The money is all the same once it's on your account; the only difference is where the money came from.

SInce the app has to be downloaded and bought from eShop, I guess it's safe to assume that payments must be done through eShop as well.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    E-shop cards and credit cards both put money on your e-shop the exact same way, so I imagine it wouldn't make a bit of difference. The money is all the same once it's on your account; the only difference is where the money came from.
    See, now that I know that, I won't mind it. I buy iTunes cards all the time, so getting eShop cards every now and then shouldn't be a big deal. Now I know I won't have to rush.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Well, I hope that we can pay for the fee by E-Shop cards. Because, I only have a debit card and I don't like using it for something like this.

Well, I hope that we can pay for the fee by E-Shop cards. Because, I only have a debit card and I don't like using it for something like this.
    It's basically done through the E-Shop, you should be fine.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Me too. But since its on the E-shop like everyone said it will be done that way more than likely. Game freak really has no way to tell where the money came from. I think is how that works.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 135 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

You don't pay with either, per se. What you do is pay to transfer money from either credit card or e-shop card to an equivalent amount on your account (ie. spend $10 with your credit card to get $10 on your account, or redeem a $20 e-shop card to do get $20 on your account). Like I said, it's all the same regardless of what method you use; once the money is on your account, where it came from means squat.

I saw this coming miles away so I'm not really worried about paying, but I don't like the fact that you need to pay regularly. ALthough the fee is only 5$ a year, for young children whom their parents didin't really support their playing of the game, it might be hard to get hold of a method to pay for the fee, its not like you can have a credit card at 7 years of age.
    3DS FC:4699-6441-3008

Credit to fairywitch (I think?) for the userbar
    Pokegyms badges: exo badge, deep dark badge, grass badge (no name written)

I'm personally comfortable with this, but there are people who don't have a reliable connection, or a router at all. I'm afraid people like this won't be able to transfer from previous generations. I would hate to be in that position.
    "I see now the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" -Mewtwo

"Mew" -Mew

Quote Originally Posted by J.J. Knight View Post

3. Prevents hacked Pokemon.
    But a bad idea at the same time because about 95% of pokemon player online use hacking tool to get there's poke so nintendo and gamefreak is going to angry alot of there's pokemon fan base with this combating hacking stuff there's doing and its just going to promote a new version of pokegen for 6th gen if nintendo are not prepared for this watch X And Y get hacked within a week or two and its will be all for nothing because of mostly the competitive player,

Trust me i'm a competitive player and i know how this is just going to go down if nintendo and gamefreak are not fully prepared they will even go as far as fully hack the 3DS if they have to,
    Last edited by SkyTheMagicalSpiritualFox; 5th September 2013 at 1:53 AM.
    i'm an Christian and accepted Jesus in my Heart, copy and paste This † if you are a Christen and a Children of God people to And if you have fate in him and proud of it!

I was born a male but you see i'm a transgender in other word i'm a girl in a man body to put its simple i identify myself as a female and i'm not scared to admitted!
    So say what's ever you like but i can care less and i'm a very loving and caring person anyway also i prefer to be call Krystal rather than my real name,

Also check out my YT and comment Like and subscribe
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DraBaha...cenny/featured
    Warning my Gaming video are family friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoswine2012 View Post
    I'm personally comfortable with this, but there are people who don't have a reliable connection, or a router at all. I'm afraid people like this won't be able to transfer from previous generations. I would hate to be in that position.
    Well, there are always public WiFi hotspots in malls, restaurant, even in schools. You can also ask your friends, or your neighbors to see if they would let you use their internet connection.
    Worst-case scenario is, if you really can't connect to the internet, then you have no choice but to say goodbye to your old Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTheLightDragonite View Post
    But a bad idea at the same time because about 95% of pokemon player online use hacking tool to get there's poke so nintendo and gamefreak is going to angry alot of there's pokemon fan base with this combating hacking stuff there's doing and its just going to promote a new version of pokegen for 6th gen if nintendo are not prepared for this watch X And Y get hacked within a week or two and its will be all for nothing because of mostly the competitive player,

Trust me i'm a competitive player and i know how this is just going to go down if nintendo and gamefreak are not fully prepared they will even go as far as fully hack the 3DS if they have to,
    3DS games are still unhackable at this point. So...

But a bad idea at the same time because about 95% of pokemon player online use hacking tool to get there's poke so nintendo and gamefreak is going to angry alot of there's pokemon fan base this combating hacking stuff there's doing and its just going to promote a new version of pokegen for 6th gen if nintendo are not prepared for this watch X And Y get hacked within a week or two and its will be all for nothing because of mostly the competitive player,

The 3DS itself has yet to be hacked into, therefore X and Y cannot be hacked. Stop whining. Why use hacked Pokémon? Plenty of legit Pokémon are good enough for competitive play and if you have to rely on hacks, then you aren't legit, you're a hacker.

We've all been wanting this. Going onto the GTS is the most annoying thing because nothing's legit, now we KNOW it all is. Here's a tip, try NOT using hacks until the release. That is all.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

You kinda sound as one of those players.

There is nothing wrong to reinforce legal stuff, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This doesn't work, because it's not like anyone genuinely believes their 3DS system can hold a DS game as well as a 3DS game to make transfers that way.

Clearly a program was going to be required, and of course such a program was never going to be offered for free. However the additional annual fee is what's the problem and only based on cloud storage.
    Servers (that allow these cloud storages to exist) aren't cheap, so I don't know what you're expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    3DS games are still unhackable at this point. So...
    Still we are dealing with people that's don't and only care about the smogon meta game and are also in its for youtube partnership money they will find away i hate to say its and as much as i'm against them hacking program its the truth hacker will always hack and smogon competitive player will do everything its take to keep their meta game, alive, no matter how long if will take they will find away, if gamefreak and nintendo are not prepared its sad but its true,
    Last edited by SkyTheMagicalSpiritualFox; 5th September 2013 at 2:08 AM.
    i'm an Christian and accepted Jesus in my Heart, copy and paste This † if you are a Christen and a Children of God people to And if you have fate in him and proud of it!

I was born a male but you see i'm a transgender in other word i'm a girl in a man body to put its simple i identify myself as a female and i'm not scared to admitted!
    So say what's ever you like but i can care less and i'm a very loving and caring person anyway also i prefer to be call Krystal rather than my real name,

Also check out my YT and comment Like and subscribe
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DraBaha...cenny/featured
    Warning my Gaming video are family friendly

Now I understand why some players are upset with the PokeBank... they won't be able to transfer Pokemon that they spent a lot of time train-err, I mean cheating.

I think this system is pretty good. I'm obviously not excited about paying, but it makes sense since it'll be a long term service and they need to maintain the servers.
    What I am excited about is the better hack checks. It will put competitive play on a more equal playing field. The amount of hacking that currently takes place is ridiculous. Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing hackers' reactions when they realize they can't transfer.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Still we are dealing with people that's don't and only care about the smogon meta game and are also in its for youtube partnership money they will find away i hate to say its and as much as i'm against them hacking program its the truth hacker will always hack and smogon competitive player will do everything its take to keep their meta game, alive, no matter how long if will take they will find away, if gamefreak and nintendo are not prepared its sad but its true,
    So give them this advice: buy a 3DS and game instead of sitting around waiting for an emulator and ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    I think this system is pretty good. I'm obviously not excited about paying, but it makes sense since it'll be a long term service and they need to maintain the servers.
    What I am excited about is the better hack checks. It will put competitive play on a more equal playing field. The amount of hacking that currently takes place is ridiculous. Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing hackers' reactions when they realize they can't transfer.
    Yep! I really wouldn't mind facing pokemon with imperfect IV's for a change.
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

The 3DS has been out for HOW long? I would think that in that time the 3DS would've been able to be hacked into, but wait, it HASN'T! X and Y won't change that, but it WILL change the Competitive Field. Despite everything, maybe a hacked Poke could slip through, GF has already stated that Online Tournaments and the like are going to block out hacked Pokémon, like the most recent tournament has.

Why do you fail to like making stuff legal?
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

As I have mentioned a few times in the past It would be nice if they could make a similer way to back up your save data. Heck! I'd gladly pay 10 bucks a year just to have my game save backed up on the cloud.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

In a similar boat myself. I don't mind the E-Shop card thing, but credit or debit... I wouldn't want to do it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    As I have mentioned a few times in the past It would be nice if they could make a similer way to back up your save data. Heck! I'd gladly pay 10 bucks a year just to have my game save backed up on the cloud.
    Not me. If it was a separate thing... together, then maybe. But even then it would be a little much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamoswine2012 View Post
    Yea I don't envy them one bit. The idea in a way kind of stinks. To not allow for trading between systems isn't good either... but playing a little devil's advocate, maybe it was the only way that they could come up with in order to stop the hackers. You'd figure they'd have a system that could be implemented for not only the Pokébank, but on the game too in order to make sure that hacked Pokémon couldn't be hacked. But no...
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 5th September 2013 at 2:29 AM.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Credit goes out to Crasher for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Now I understand why some players are upset with the PokeBank... they won't be able to transfer Pokemon that they spent a lot of time train-err, I mean cheating.
    Aw, come on. Someone already tried that reasoning. More seriously, I think it's a bit unfair to blanket all people that way, though, since I'm sure it's far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadaManafi5 View Post
    In a similar boat myself. I don't mind the E-Shop card thing, but credit or debit... I wouldn't want to do it either.
    I just wish that they sold eShop cards of a simple $5 or $10 value. That would make it a lot easier than getting a $20 card to simply spend $5 with for the year. $5 cards bought over the course of a few years would be nicer, but that's just what I'd find simpler.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

Page 18 of 125 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast